Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Thats not what I've read at all. They just want a guaranteed 120 with a big chunk up front. Not 5m for scoring with his nose, 8m for dabbing 5 times in a season etc.
Yeah that's how I have always interpreted the situation as well

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
They want €120M upfront.
From what I understand, they was €120m guaranteed (none dependent on achieving add on targets).
They are prepared for €120m to be paid over instalments, but with a major chunk up front.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Its from the pod with fjortoft, romano and falk. They said that dortmund wanted all of it at once.
IF that's true, and they stick to it, then this is 100% off. We don't have that amount of cash available this window.
IF they stated this recently, it would explain why Sancho is 'unhappy'.

I think it's part of their negotiation: by taking this absolute stance, they create concession space for themselves and can tell United they are compromising by allowing for instalments.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I reckon the 20 mil we’re getting for Smalling will go towards our final bid for Sancho.

Steve 007

What’s extraordinary is he’s calling him a waste of money based on the little he’s played, but the little he has played he’s been one of our best players. Scoring on his debut. And looking a class above everyone else on the pitch in the Carabao.
Yes I thought he was excellent last night, he’s determined and hungry.

I envy your optimism mate, i have given up. The club clearly has less money than we think when trying to buy Sancho and Telles for a £250 gift card from Amazon and a big mac meny.
We are only taking about potentially our record signing and a total spend in the window approaching £180m!

Utd are losing £5m every home game they don’t play and we are all in the middle of a pandemic. Of course we need to be bloody careful with money.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Can't believe that Flex guy still has a platform. Mad
What's your beef with Flex?
To be fair I’ve not seen him claim to be ITK though. He just comes across as a fan like the rest of us.
He would be as well to join the doom mongers on this one
Why wouldn't he? I used to watch the channel for a brief period, but stopped, however he was the only likeable one.
Although Flex is 'just a fan', he does have direct access to serious journalists, so his opinions are better informed than ours.
I think he is a clever guy: made a fair amount of £$€ from the banter and angst of this transfer saga.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I've said this as a punt for a while but I sometimes wonder if it's true.

We are around 20m short, we want around 20m from Roma for Smalling. Joked that we will use Smalling to fund the Sancho gap but I'm curious about the timing now.

Tomorrow is likely to be the day Smalling finally gets agreed, and we aren't likely to make an improved offer before then.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
The press is just using this situation to sell as many baitclicks, newspapers etc etc as possible these last day. We will hear about this story more and more next coming days, every journalist will first have a "its getting closer, here we go" articel and then when the window closes they will all have their own story why it all collapsed in the last second. 99.99% Fake news.

IF, we buy him, it will be a fast move. Ed calling the Dortmund director, asking "Is 110 then enough, "No we need 130m now to not end up like the loosers here" and our brilliant will answer "Ed: Okey, take 140m" - but most probably, we will get Tellas for somewhere around 18m and Cavani on a 1+1 year while we pray and wait for Haaland release clause to be activeted.

My dream is that someone could convice the Glazers and Ed to give Dortmund a package offer for Haalaand and Sancho. Haaland release clause is 63m, give them 63 + 127m (7m for the early agreement and let us sign up Haaland already right now (like Liverpool did with Keita, but we will have to wait 1 year and 9 months). Pay 100m now, 50m next summer and 80 in 2 years years. For 190m we will bring the 2 of 3 of biggest talents in Europe right now (Mbappe being the last one and probably best one).

And like said, this ummer bring in Cavani on 1+1 and Tellas on 4+1 years and we have the LB situation suited for a while with Tellas and Shaw. Williams/Laird (very soon) should be able to give AWB competion for his RB spot, so both fullback postions solved right now. CB = Upamenco, same thing here, put in a extra 5-10 under the table for him in januari and let him play there until his release clause gets activeted next summer. The only bug issue now that we will have next summer is DC, where i really dont have any idea who we can solve that big issue for a decent amount IF (which we probably wont) bring in Sancho, Tellas and Cavani now, Upamenco next summer and Haaland 2022.

If really can sell Andres and Smalling for 45 m total that would be amazing. We should also try to offload Romero, Lindelöf, Rojo, Lingaard, James, Ighalo (10+25+5+15+10+0=60m) = 105m

Sell De Gea in 2 years, we will probably still get around 30m for him.

Sanho + Haaland = 190m
Upamenco = 50m
Tellas = 15m
DCM = 60m probably (Ndidi just to give a example)
VDB= 35m
=350-135= 215 m over the next 3 years.

Henderson
AWB Maguire Upamenco Tellas
Pogba Ndidi
Sancho Brono Greenwood
Haaland

Bench: GK, Mendi, Shaw, Fred, VDB, Rashford Martial

And we have A LOT of new amazing talents recruited last 1-2 year. Some of them should at least become rotationplayers and maybe 1-2 starplayers (Hannibel, Laird, Mendi....there a some that if they keep working hard could be our new golden generation).

Sorry for all the text, and i know many will read this and think "FM", but no, only FM is the Sancho + Haaland deal, even though even that could happen specielly if get Sancho now or in January and OGS stays as manager (He and Haalands father are good friends). The rest of the signings are not impossible at all, Upamenco will go 100% next summer for 43m(?) and Tellas i believe will join us this window.
Some good stuff, eh Chucky?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Scottish sun says it’s now can be done at 95million. Are they in the know or making up as they go?
Just like the real sun in Scotland, it's a load of shite.

It's been obvious for months Dortmund are willing to do the deal, we just need to give them the money. I am so tired.
It's the same each season isn't it? Woody struts around wearing tons of gold and platinum jewellery, waving money about and telling everyone that we're richer than Midas, and then he complains that people are demanding too much money for their players when we look to buy them.

Just like the real sun in Scotland, it's a load of shite.

It's the same each season isn't it? Woody struts around wearing tons of gold and platinum jewellery, waving money around and telling everyone that we're richer than Midas, and then he complains that people are demanding too much money for their players when we look to buy them.
I’m sure the club have come out and said we need to be prudent this summer. Which is exactly right.

croadyman

I've said this as a punt for a while but I sometimes wonder if it's true.

We are around 20m short, we want around 20m from Roma for Smalling. Joked that we will use Smalling to fund the Sancho gap but I'm curious about the timing now.

Tomorrow is likely to be the day Smalling finally gets agreed, and we aren't likely to make an improved offer before then.
Thought the Smalling money was going towards Telles but maybe I am wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.