Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief123

I honestly believe it's going to happen but with a very finite amount of cash left we're trying to get both him and Telles. Any cash coming in for Smalling / Fosu-Mensah / Dalot is relevant too and we're just desperately trying to squeeze everything we can out of every deal to get both in but if we can't it'll just be Sancho.
Honestly mate, don’t be fooled by this narrative that Utd are short of cash. It’s bollocks.

The money we are going to pay for Telles and the money we have offered for Sancho totals up to pretty much what Dortmund are asking for.
If it came down to it, Ole would happily pass on signing Telles and put it all towards getting Sancho. But the lack of cash ain’t the issue. Utd just trying to squeeze the stacks down as usual.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Honestly mate, don’t be fooled by this narrative that Utd are short of cash. It’s bollocks.

The money we are going to pay for Telles and the money we have offered for Sancho totals up to pretty much what Dortmund are asking for.
If it came down to it, Ole would happily pass on signing Telles and put it all towards getting Sancho. But the lack of cash ain’t the issue. Utd just trying to squeeze the stacks down as usual.
You could be right but I did kind of buy the stuff about United being shackled by bank covenants and whatnot.

Chief123

It’s a fair point.
He knows the score.
Why else would he troll us like that?
He’s playing the game. He’s getting ready for the big showdown.

The transfer show by Darmesh was quite interesting today. We’ve all known that Sancho would like to come but the fact they’ve been told the timeline of events about how Sancho stated his desire to leave and go to Utd before August is intriguing.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
If this doesn't happen tomorrow, it's looking pretty unlikely with both BVB and us playing over the weekend. It was in touching distance a little over a month ago and we've fecked it.

Chief123

You could be right but I did kind of buy the stuff about United being shackled by bank covenants and whatnot.
Put it this way. We were in more than double the debt when Glazers bought us than we would be if we paid the full 120m. Glazers bought us when there was a lot less money in football as well. We’ve been in debt ever since they took ownership. “Lack of cash” doesn’t even come into when our whole model is based on servicing the debt levels adequately.

Chief123

If this doesn't happen tomorrow, it's looking pretty unlikely with both BVB and us playing over the weekend. It was in touching distance a little over a month ago and we've fecked it.
It’s ok mate. Woodward and Judge won’t be playing for us against Spurs. I’m sure they’ll continue business as usual.

FizzyWomack

It’s ok mate. Woodward and Judge won’t be playing for us against Spurs. I’m sure they’ll continue business as usual.
Are you sure? I heard Woodward might be putting a shift in at RW on Sunday just as a little tester to see if he needs to do the Sancho deal on Monday.

USREDEVIL

Maybe he's unhappy that Dortmund have rejected a bid, which in his eyes, is perfectly acceptable and falls within the "acceptable offer" that Dortmund had apparently told him they'd accept as he wanted to join us?
Again this is all media reported stuff, so we don't know, but it'd make sense, and the whole training alone thing would also make sense, as i'm pretty sure he wouldn't be training if he was ill with a respiritory illness
Could very well be true. I don't buy this sudden illness.

GJNJ

Are you sure? I heard Woodward might be putting a shift in at RW on Sunday just as a little tester to see if he needs to do the Sancho deal on Monday.
We’ll have the usually lack of pace on right wing that’s plagued us for years. No doubt dwelling on the ball too much and failing to put in any service in the box. Still the sponsors love him, he’s just there to sell shirts.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The transfer show by Darmesh was quite interesting today. We’ve all known that Sancho would like to come but the fact they’ve been told the timeline of events about how Sancho stated his desire to leave and go to Utd before August is intriguing.

arnie_ni

Woody leaving it to monday is a masterstroke.

No better promotion for your club than jim white creaming himself on ssn at a massive deadline day signing.

Reynoldo

Woody leaving it to monday is a masterstroke.

No better promotion for your club than jim white creaming himself on ssn at a massive deadline day signing.
Probably got a contribution from Sky as well to try and save their deadline day

Womp

idiot
Fecking hilarious seeing our resident mouthpiece Cooper tell us he doesn't expect it'll happen and how sad we should be because big bad Covid has made it so hard to sign Sancho. Let's completely ignore the fact that they knew the price for about 3 months and refused to move their interest elsewhere, which has led to panic loan deals in the last few days of the window, eh, Coops? Let's ignore the fact that they will most likely still get that fat dividend pay out. Let's ignore the fact that summer isn't an isolated incident, but a common occurrence at this club, or how other clubs have still managed to significantly strengthen their teams despite the pandemic.

The club is going to have one hell of a PR job on their hands due to this absolute failure of a window, once again.

Tiber

Fecking hilarious seeing our resident mouthpiece Cooper tell us he doesn't expect it'll happen and how sad we should be because big bad Covid has made it so hard to sign Sancho. Let's completely ignore the fact that they knew the price for about 3 months and refused to move their interest elsewhere, which has led to panic loan deals in the last few days of the window, eh, Coops? Let's ignore the fact that they will most likely still get that fat dividend pay out. Let's ignore the fact that summer isn't an isolated incident, but a common occurrence at this club, or how other clubs have still managed to significantly strengthen their teams despite the pandemic.

The club is going to have one hell of a PR job on their hands due to this absolute failure of a window, once again.
They have zero excuse for missing on Sancho. No matter who they desperately sign at the last second, the club have long admitted that Sancho was the no.1 target this summer

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

Could be final brief to make BVB think we will walk away. Its not over til late Monday evening.

Womp

idiot
Could be final brief to make BVB think we will walk away. Its not over til late Monday evening.
I really want to believe the few of you on here who have remained positive throughout the past few weeks of this saga, but I've seen nothing to suggest both this window or from past windows that we will get this over the line - the pandemic is such an easy out for them. I would be fecking over the moon to be wrong, get bantered into oblivion, as long as I could see him holding the shirt, but I think these briefs are the club trying to backtrack. They probably thought Dortmund would panic and lower their price, despite their insistence all along that they had no pressing need to sell, when it became obvious that they wouldn't, we started looking for the panic loans with almost no time left in the window.

They have zero excuse for missing on Sancho. No matter who they desperately sign at the last second, the club have long admitted that Sancho was the no.1 target this summer
Yea, it's got to be considered a major L if we don't get him over the line. I understand the whole pandemic argument from some fans, but they knew about Covid, they knew about Dortmund's valuation and they refused to move on and look at other targets. Chelsea gave up on him very early in the window and have severely strengthened their personnel, we continued to pursue him. It would be extreme incompetence (which seems to be the norm for us) if he isn't a Manchester United player by the end of this window.

I don't even buy the pandemic excuse if I'm being honest. They bought the club on an outstanding amount of debt, with money they didn't have, have done nothing to address that debt for 2 decades - but now cause of Covid they are so scared of debt and the financial implications of their actions? Fecking rubbish. They will still get their dividend pay outs too.

Club will only invest to get us into the top 4, that's all they care for.

Castia

Spot on, good post.

Status
Not open for further replies.