Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilcurt

I was there for the Sneijder saga's.
I believed we were signing Vidal.
I dreamt of Ronnie's return.
I even bought the Ronaldinho shirt (true story)...

This hurts so much more.

I feel football dying for me, not purely due to this transfer. But the fact that our ownership and management are running a business, being a football club is just a facade. I'm even losing respect for Ole that he won't call this shit out!

Dve

Fecking hilarious seeing our resident mouthpiece Cooper tell us he doesn't expect it'll happen and how sad we should be because big bad Covid has made it so hard to sign Sancho. Let's completely ignore the fact that they knew the price for about 3 months and refused to move their interest elsewhere, which has led to panic loan deals in the last few days of the window, eh, Coops? Let's ignore the fact that they will most likely still get that fat dividend pay out. Let's ignore the fact that summer isn't an isolated incident, but a common occurrence at this club, or how other clubs have still managed to significantly strengthen their teams despite the pandemic.

The club is going to have one hell of a PR job on their hands due to this absolute failure of a window, once again.
No PR as good as good results. In the end that´s all what counts. There´s always a chance we´ll go on to have good season, if the players stay fit. The youngest team in the PL last season have become one year older, Fernandes and van de Beek added to the squad. Since lockdown, we have had no new injuries, which is remarkable considering the situation last fall when we had to use fifth choices both in the central defence and in the midfield. Yes, the other teams have made signings, but there are not so many signings I really envy. We should already have a quite competitive team.

0le

No PR as good as good results. In the end that´s all what counts. There´s always a chance we´ll go on to have good season, if the players stay fit. The youngest team in the PL last season have become one year older, Fernandes and van de Beek added to the squad. Since lockdown, we have had no new injuries, which is remarkable considering the situation last fall when we had to use fifth choices both in the central defence and in the midfield. Yes, the other teams have made signings, but there are not so many signings I really envy. We should already have a quite competitive team.
Maguire was injured the other day.

Lynty

... I'm even losing respect for Ole that he won't call this shit out!
"The boys are doing good in training, working on fitness, getting match sharpness - it would have been nice to bring Jadon Sancho in - but ownership are either incompetent or greedy little wankers, so we just have to keep looking toward the next match" - Ole, Spurs Press conference

el3mel

There's only about 4 days remaining in the market ? Thank God this terrible saga will end up soon, regardless of us getting him or not. Has been awful to follow to be honest.

Dve

Maguire was injured the other day.
But expected to be back already this weekend. But remember last season, In a couple of matches Fred was the only available midfielder when McTominay, Matic and Pogba all being out injured at the same time. That was Pereira´s two worst games - as a holding midfielder. We have a stronger team now.

ChaddyP

People really need to stop taking tweets as gospel.
It's kind of obvious that we are clearly taking the piss with 4 fecking days left in the window. We have wasted so much time on this deal when we could and should have just paid the fee 2 months ago and be done with it. Now we are scrambling with just donny in who was basically handed to us by vds. We are clearly a bunch of fools when it comes to negotiating players. This happens every year. I don't need Fabrizio to tell me that

lilcurt

"The boys are doing good in training, working on fitness, getting match sharpness - it would have been nice to bring Jadon Sancho in - but ownership are either incompetent or greedy little wankers, so we just have to keep looking toward the next match" - Ole, Spurs Press conference
It's the fact he backs them saying they are working really hard and he is happy with what he has. That is just blatant lying to the fanbase.

We make more money than any rival in this country, yet can't pull off a deal. Makes my blood boil.

It's kind of obvious that we are clearly taking the piss with 4 fecking days left in the window. We have wasted so much time on this deal when we could and should have just paid the fee 2 months ago and be done with it. Now we are scrambling with just donny in who was basically handed to us by vds. We are clearly a bunch of fools when it comes to negotiating players. This happens every year. I don't need Fabrizio to tell me that
Basically handed to us by VDS!

Oh dear.

Pathetic. Very happy if ‘fans’ like you move on to the next club.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Romano's tweet suggesting we WERE going to bid 120m should be met with more positivity! It means we just wanted to see if they'd accept less but clearly have an appetite to meet the ask.

ChaddyP

Basically handed to us by VDS!

Oh dear.

Pathetic. Very happy if ‘fans’ like you move on to the next club.
Oh feck right off

. I'm a passionate fan and I hate what I'm seeing happening to my club by a bunch of owners that probably had no idea who we were when they bought us. The people in charge of bringing in players for the manager are doing a crap job and I feel sorry for ole... Because if results go bad they are the ones that show him out the fecking door.

0le

What’s been worse for your mental health? Dealing with lockdown or following this saga?
:confused::confused:

People are still dying and the situation is getting worse across Europe. It isn't even remotely funny to joke about that shit.

Timdbro

I was there for the Sneijder saga's.
I believed we were signing Vidal.
I dreamt of Ronnie's return.
I even bought the Ronaldinho shirt (true story)...

This hurts so much more.

I feel football dying for me, not purely due to this transfer. But the fact that our ownership and management are running a business, being a football club is just a facade. I'm even losing respect for Ole that he won't call this shit out!
I thought this was a poem at first, but I couldn't find the right metre for it. It works for some Eminem lyrics though!

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
:confused::confused:

People are still dying and the situation is getting worse across Europe. It isn't even remotely funny to joke about that shit.
I’m not joking about people dying? It was a genuine question. What a strange leap you’ve made there.

Dve

What’s been worse for your mental health? Dealing with lockdown or following this saga?
The worst for your mental health is to dig yourself into a dark place. We´ll go on to have a good season, also without Sancho.

Chief123

Romano's tweet suggesting we WERE going to bid 120m should be met with more positivity! It means we just wanted to see if they'd accept less but clearly have an appetite to meet the ask.
I know Mark Goldbridge isn’t a reliable source, but he mentions a couple of people he’s spoken to who have knowledge on the inside have said Utd’s strategy has been shocking. Utd genuinely believed that Dortmund would cave in near the end of the window and would accept less than 120m euro. Every person who knows anything about football knows Dortmund aren’t going to budge. Bunch of clowns in charge. :lol:

Oh feck right off

. I'm a passionate fan and I hate what I'm seeing happening to my club by a bunch of owners that probably had no idea who we were when they bought us. The people in charge of bringing in players for the manager are doing a crap job and I feel sorry for ole... Because if results go bad they are the ones that show him out the fecking door.
Yet you choose to believe out of the goodness of his heart VDS gave us DVDB rather that the club doing something right.

Most transfers are done at the end of the transfer, whether we like that or not. Then add in that we are in the middle of a pandemic, that is causing unprecedented uncertainty and it’s no surprise we are being cautious.

FreddieTheReddie

I don’t really get that though. Didn’t he also say it’s very unlikely we would pay the asking price? Or is it new information to him?

Chief123

I don’t really get that though. Didn’t he also say it’s very unlikely we would pay the asking price? Or is it new information to him?
I’ve read it a few times now that Ed had agreed a fee with Dortmund initially but then went back and tried to get a reduction on it once agreed!

Jezpeza

It's the fact he backs them saying they are working really hard and he is happy with what he has. That is just blatant lying to the fanbase.

We make more money than any rival in this country, yet can't pull off a deal. Makes my blood boil.
Yeah. I think thats about the summary. I think if i was a manager, playing 4-3-3, i would’nt be happy to not have a single right winger or right midfielder in the squad.

Not to mention the obvious 6or7 players we were obviously really wanting out the door this summer. Now they haven’t left are they suddenly good or something? Will he be really happy to shoehorn mata, pereira or lingard into right midfield for an away game at anfield? Or if two of bailly/maguire/lindelof are injured/suspended to start Rojo or Jones?

Its a joke.

Pav1878

There's only about 4 days remaining in the market ? Thank God this terrible saga will end up soon, regardless of us getting him or not. Has been awful to follow to be honest.
I echo these sentiments. It's been painful to watch, hear and read.

I kind of hope we don't get him now, because it's been hyped so much that the pressure to perform and somehow be the Messiah that he is being made out to be, by some, will be immense and no one can live up to that.

Neo_Mufc

How's everyone doing. I'm very much ready for the weekend :) Let's bring some positive vibes in here :)))

ChaddyP

Arguing with another member
Yet you choose to believe out of the goodness of his heart VDS gave us DVDB rather that the club doing something right.

Most transfers are done at the end of the transfer, whether we like that or not. Then add in that we are in the middle of a pandemic, that is causing unprecedented uncertainty and it’s no surprise we are being cautious.
Hold a fecking minute. Im a shit fan because I think matt judge Ed Woodward and his posse are a bunch of clowns. Even fecking Patrice Evra said as much the other day. We are a shit show. Please put me on mute as I have nothing more to add or to say to you.

And I choose to believe that vds was more likely the one to help usher the deal with donny to go through than something amazing that Woodward and Co were able to do. That makes me a shit fan Cuz of that?

feck right off.

0le

But expected to be back already this weekend. But remember last season, In a couple of matches Fred was the only available midfielder when McTominay, Matic and Pogba all being out injured at the same time. That was Pereira´s two worst games - as a holding midfielder. We have a stronger team now.
I dunno man. I think the lack of injuries was more down to the rest the players got due to lockdown. The schedule will be more intense this season so I expect we will pick up more injuries. Either way, the squad is too light of quality. We desperately need an attacking player, Ighalo, whatever your thoughts on him, is leaving in Jan.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I know Mark Goldbridge isn’t a reliable source, but he mentions a couple of people he’s spoken to who have knowledge on the inside have said Utd’s strategy has been shocking. Utd genuinely believed that Dortmund would cave in near the end of the window and would accept less than 120m euro. Every person who knows anything about football knows Dortmund aren’t going to budge. Bunch of clowns in charge. :lol:

I've got to be honest, for the hate he gets I probably agree with him on 90% of what he says.

Status
Not open for further replies.