Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold a fecking minute. Im a shit fan because I think matt judge Ed Woodward and his posse are a bunch of clowns. Even fecking Patrice Evra said as much the other day. We are a shit show. Please put me on mute as I have nothing more to add or to say to you.

And I choose to believe that vds was more likely the one to help usher the deal with donny to go through than something amazing that Woodward and Co were able to do. That makes me a shit fan Cuz of that?

feck right off.
Evra. Loved him as a player, and enjoy some of his antics. However he’s pretty mad, and licks uncooked chickens. I’m not sure he’s the best barometer to use...

In terms of our transfer dealings, we need to consider the financial situation, and uncertain future we are all in at the moment.

Most transfers happen at the end of the window, so let’s reserve judgement until then.

Dve

I know Mark Goldbridge isn’t a reliable source, but he mentions a couple of people he’s spoken to who have knowledge on the inside have said Utd’s strategy has been shocking. Utd genuinely believed that Dortmund would cave in near the end of the window and would accept less than 120m euro. Every person who knows anything about football knows Dortmund aren’t going to budge. Bunch of clowns in charge. :lol:

Not sure Goldbridge has other sources than the one guy telling him we would sign Fernandes last summer.

Great for a club to have the reputation of being hard to negotiate with. If not for anything, United seem to be working on gaining such reputation.
I dunno man. I think the lack of injuries was more down to the rest the players got due to lockdown. The schedule will be more intense this season so I expect we will pick up more injuries. Either way, the squad is too light of quality. We desperately need an attacking player, Ighalo, whatever your thoughts on him, is leaving in Jan.
That´s what they said about the period after lockdown, and that they expected a lot of injuries.The fact that this did not strike United, is good news.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
In terms of his views as a “fan” I’ve probably agreed with virtually everything he’s said the last few months.
Yup, I think he's OTT on his love for Shaw, although I think he's a good player, and undervalues McT - but that's pretty much it

Chief123

Yup, I think he's OTT on his love for Shaw, although I think he's a good player, and undervalues McT - but that's pretty much it
With regards to his views on players, I think that’s natural for all fans to have different views on different players. That’s what fans do.

I’m not convinced by his “sources” being that reliable or close to Utd, but in terms of his views on the club I completely agree with him nearly every time.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Having spent the whole summer not taking this transfer seriously and baiting the muppets, I have to say I now think it might well be on.

Which probably means it's off.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
With regards to his views on players, I think that’s natural for all fans to have different views on different players. That’s what fans do.

I’m not convinced by his “sources” being that reliable or close to Utd, but in terms of his views on the club I completely agree with him nearly every time.
Oh definitely - and there is always the double-sided sword nature to what he does. The worse we are, the better his channel does. I think this is what gets up people the most.

Rooney1987

I know Mark Goldbridge isn’t a reliable source, but he mentions a couple of people he’s spoken to who have knowledge on the inside have said Utd’s strategy has been shocking. Utd genuinely believed that Dortmund would cave in near the end of the window and would accept less than 120m euro. Every person who knows anything about football knows Dortmund aren’t going to budge. Bunch of clowns in charge. :lol:

Just watched it. See I don’t dislike Mark like most on here but he’s doing that “my guy says this” or “people I’ve spoke to said that” to feel important. Anyone can see what’s going on here. Rio mentioning how Ed handled his contact, Evra mentioning a club contracting him cause Matt Judge won’t answer his phone and several terrible transfer window can tell you how inept they all are.

Chief123

Just watched it. See I don’t dislike Mark like most on here but he’s doing that “my guy says this” or “people I’ve spoke to said that” to feel important. Anyone can see what’s going on here. Rio mentioning how Ed handled his contact, Evra mentioning a club contracting him cause Matt Judge won’t answer his phone and several terrible transfer window can tell you how inept they all are.
I saw the MEN article today about how the club is being run and you can clearly see it’s by a bunch of idiots. The fact that the 3 main guys in charge all went to the same university and are mates just shows how inept they are. All finance guys who are managing the biggest club in the world without the foggiest knowledge of football between them.

Chief123

He's been very confident right up to this video, whatever has been said to him has certainly spooked him
Yeah I noticed that. He’s been adamant it’s going to happen and always remain 90%. But I saw him weaken his stance from what he’s learnt today.

If what he says is true about Utd’s approach all along was that they expected Dortmund to buckle near the end, then they really don’t have a clue! They clearly haven’t researched Dortmund’s dealings with transfers in the past.

No Love

We’re really starting to unravel and fall apart in here! No need for such catty shenanigans! Approaching the finish line, with the speedometer getting close to a dizzying 12 mph. Metal panels under strain, screws coming loose... (literally and metaphorically, it seems!)

... But let’s ride this train out! We’ve come so far! It’s been a long and attritional ride, but let’s just see where we are in a few days time. Unless of course we’ve arrived at Dembélé Station, at which point we can all feck off and take the rest of the season off.

lsd

The Oracle
Possibly the most damning thing you could say about Ed is that he's got people reminiscing about the good old days of David feckin Gill

Peter Kenyon was worse . I remember he would agree a price to buy a player then offer less

clarkydaz

Yeah I noticed that. He’s been adamant it’s going to happen and always remain 90%. But I saw him weaken his stance from what he’s learnt today.

If what he says is true about Utd’s approach all along was that they expected Dortmund to buckle near the end, then they really don’t have a clue! They clearly haven’t researched Dortmund’s dealings with transfers in the past.
Maybe that video of Evra last week was him seeing this on the horizon

Abdullah7

I was there for the Sneijder saga's.
I believed we were signing Vidal.
I dreamt of Ronnie's return.
I even bought the Ronaldinho shirt (true story)...

This hurts so much more.

I feel football dying for me, not purely due to this transfer. But the fact that our ownership and management are running a business, being a football club is just a facade. I'm even losing respect for Ole that he won't call this shit out!

Ronaldinho's debacle was brutal for me as I had to add salt to the wound because of Becks to Madrid. Dark times only to be survived due to believing and pushing the bright jewels we ended up with. Cristiano wasn't our primary target that summer and he represented our plan (C). It was Ronaldinho (A) , Kaka (B) or Cristiano (C). Missed on A&B through sheer incompetence and landed target C by luck as he was closer to Arsenal than us.

However, I believe Sancho will be a United player soon and hopefully we can include him on Sunday. Just like Harry Maguire and Bruno Fernandes straight into the thick of things. :devil:

jungledrums

Hold a fecking minute. Im a shit fan because I think matt judge Ed Woodward and his posse are a bunch of clowns. Even fecking Patrice Evra said as much the other day. We are a shit show. Please put me on mute as I have nothing more to add or to say to you.

And I choose to believe that vds was more likely the one to help usher the deal with donny to go through than something amazing that Woodward and Co were able to do. That makes me a shit fan Cuz of that?

feck right off.
Christ

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

Are you jumping off the train? :confused: :eek:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

feck right off.
Everyone is going to be saying the same on Monday when they see what we end up with. Ed, Matt and the glazers couldn’t run a bath and their endless dithering and lack of direction was further exposed in the covid climate. It seems like they don’t know how to deal in any other way than how they took over us. Its cold and hostile and remote. No personal touch or relationships being formed with other clubs at all by the sounds of things. Recently We say we are biggest club in the world but try to bully smaller clubs into letting us spend a few million less after months of needless drama. I’m sure selling clubs hate it and would just rather focus on winning matches.

Chief123

Are you jumping off the train? :confused: :eek:
Don’t be stupid! As ludicrous as it sounds, I’ve been saying the same thing for weeks. We will do exactly what we always do and pay the asking price. There’s even a post I said weeks ago about not being surprised if this goes right down to deadline day. I’ll be honest I didn’t expect it to go this late but it doesn’t surprise me anymore.

Ed will shit the bed and know it will be a PR disaster and end up caving in to Dortmund’s demands.

0le

Don’t be stupid! As ludicrous as it sounds, I’ve been saying the same thing for weeks. We will do exactly what we always do and pay the asking price. There’s even a post I said weeks ago about not being surprised if this goes right down to deadline day. I’ll be honest I didn’t expect it to go this late but it doesn’t surprise me anymore.
I gave up a while back but I hope you are correct.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Yes you’ve always said we will pay the asking price in final days.

I thought brinksmanship via Dortmund blinking cos of 2nd wave prediction was a smart strategy :lol:

And BVB won’t blink .... until they blink, so we can’t know if it’s a stupid plan until Monday evening.

what i do know is the existing offer looks more and more attractive as every hour passes , and pressure during negotiations this big makes you do things you normally wouldn’t.

I think BVB will compromise but it will happen on Monday afternoon and the deal with go through with a few hours to spare.

Chief123

I gave up a while back but I hope you are correct.
The only reason I’ve not given up is because we have history of having the same journey time and again.

I’ve got no doubts we’ll offer the 120m euro or pretty much thereabouts. The only threat I see to this deal is Dortmund actually rejecting even the asking price. At this point it really would need Sancho to agitate and request the transfer when the bid comes in.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
The only reason I’ve not given up is because we have history of having the same journey time and again.

I’ve got no doubts we’ll offer the 120m euro or pretty much thereabouts. The only threat I see to this deal is Dortmund actually rejecting even the asking price. At this point it really would need Sancho to agitate and request the transfer when the bid comes in.
I think itll probably be too late by the final day. Lots of clubs get an extra season out of want away players so expecting sancho to push hard enough to get a move in a day isn’t entirely realistic. They could have simply just decided to not accept any offer from us now, even 120 and get the extra season out of an unhappy Sancho. Our problem is we’ve to wait until Monday to find out. We probably still could have done this deal for 120 a few weeks ago but I feel like it’s less likely now with every passing day and no news.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
However it shakes out, somebody is going to look like a feckin mug. Dortmund if they sell after all their bluster and strong talk, United for wasting the past three months when they knew the deal. My money is on our idiots in charge winning this particular contest.

peridigm

According to BILD....he is out for the match against Freiburg.
Didn’t LVG leave DDG on the bench for our first few games of the season when he was off to Madrid? Stated something about the player’s head being everywhere but in the match so best to let him think about it.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Oh that’s great to hear. So why on earth do people entertain the idea of Sancho? Current liabilities are at 298m and they’re only sitting on 78m of cash as of last quarters report. COVID surely won’t be giving them any cash boosts any time soon. The next 12 months for United look like a cash crunch like no other. Why on earth would they get reckless here? Most of the current cash is tied up to meet the next 12 month liabilities, leaving you with little to no leverage on the negotiation table. I can’t see them slapping on another 100m+ payables for the next couple years. Consider that shareholders and Ed are well aware that sponsorship deals will dry up big time with the COVID economic shit storm. This would be a whole other conversation if this was June 2019, where united had just posted a record quarter and racked themselves up 300m in cash.

None of this looks like prime spending conditions, does it for you?
Daily reminder for folks that don’t quite understand the financial health of a public company like Manchester United. This deal was never happening

sosolid4u09

Daily reminder for folks that don’t quite understand the financial health of a public company like Manchester United. This deal was never happening
The point is that we all knew dortmund won't accept anything less than the asking price. So either pay it or strengthen elsewhere. Instead they played Russian roulette winding down the days to the point where we're now desperately looking at rejects on loan deals and we will no doubt sign someone average last minute at an overpriced fee. Disgraceful

Status
Not open for further replies.