Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
We've had a few who have inherited the #7 shirt since Ronaldo - but Sancho seems the true heir to it. An explosive right winger who wants to beat his man.

If he clicks with our attack, I genuinely think he'll catapult us quicker to where we'd expect to finish next season if he wasn't to join.

romufc

Think also the fact that he’s a young player who’s still improving, not the finished product, makes it feel more like a classic United signing, like Ronaldo, Rooney, Keane or even Robson back in the day.
Yeah and he is an exciting player. Someone who can dribble very well. The good thing now is, you cannot man mark any of our front 6.

If we can bring in a pacey CB, we would be difficult to play against.

Amerifan

It’s amazing that someone’s else wages can span 5 pages long
I was thinking the same thing. The deal isn’t even done yet and we’re already gearing up for up the “he isn’t worth X a week‘ posts after his first error.

DevilRed

I wouldn’t get your hopes up about that payment structure. They expect a significant portion upfront.
There have been differing reports on the structure. I suppose nothing has been agreed yet.

Would be nice if we could go back to the normalcy of paying off these big transfer fees over multiple years though. Maguire was the exception.

Canuckred64

Rumours of €17.6 m salary a year. Surely it cant be that high? Wouldn't that make him the highest paid player on the team?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I wonder how much our willingness to pay a huge fee this summer comes with the motivation of keeping the market inflated? We’ve got more players to sell than we have to buy and it has the added bonus of squeezing out the likes of Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal.

Fingeredmouse

Ffs, English isn't my first language. I got confused and ended up confusing the poster further, my bad.
Not to worry! Your English is great and such idioms in foreign languages are always a minefield. I humiliate myself in French quite regularly.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Well its a crazy market unfortunately. Even pepe went for 75m (or was it 80m?) last season.
Yeah but to spread it out over three years is a great result and allows the club to bring in other players during this window.
Yep, agreed, and it's much better that we're still targeting these big players, but not making such a hash of it like a few years ago.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I wonder how much our willingness to pay a huge fee this summer comes with the motivation of keeping the market inflated? We’ve got more players to sell than we have to buy and it has the added bonus of squeezing out the likes of Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal.
I doubt Sancho's fee will make any effect on the players we want to shift. Generally we give our players such mad wages, we always have to take rock bottom fees.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Rumours of €17.6 m salary a year. Surely it cant be that high? Wouldn't that make him the highest paid player on the team?
That would be GBP and not EUR according to German media. They report United‘s offer for Sancho is £340k per week. Which would slot him in right behind DDG and before Pogba.

KennyBurner

We've had a few who have inherited the #7 shirt since Ronaldo - but Sancho seems the true heir to it. An explosive right winger who wants to beat his man.

If he clicks with our attack, I genuinely think he'll catapult us quicker to where we'd expect to finish next season if he wasn't to join.
Sancho is not explosive. What sort of misinformation is this?

Amarsdd

think City have already seen to that by paying 41M for Ake from a relegated team when his buy back clause with Chelsea was about 20M if I'm not wrong.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Looking at his compilation of goals and assists last year.. I see that it's a lot of tap-ins.

Glad to see these types of goals are only an issue when it comes to Ronaldo, but everyone else it's still a goal.

ChaddyP

Have a feeling this is happening today. Not officially announcement but feel they will find an agreement today and we get a "here we go"

TsuWave

:confused: What’s this wing play that guys are saying they haven’t seen from Sancho? Kick and run bandit that crosses/hit defenders shins regularly?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
You’ve always seemed to be into wages, tell me doesn’t that come out to about £150k/week after tax?
It will be close to that. In any case UK wages are always reported before tax, so to avoid confusion we should go with 250K per week.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I actually think that's not that unreasonable. For comparison Sane is said to earn 20m € a year at Bayern.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I doubt Sancho's fee will make any effect on the players we want to shift. Generally we give our players such mad wages, we always have to take rock bottom fees.
Regardless their fees should be indicative of the market and the Sancho transfer should set a precedent. For instance if the market slumps and clubs start letting good defenders go for under £30m then someone like Smalling goes from being a £20m player even with the United sale tag to £10m.

DevilRed

The only thing is the wages across the board will go up next season as we have a clause in contracts that they be cut by a percentage when we aren't in the Champions League. Even with that increase, Sanchez, Smalling and possibly Lingard off the books means we're still in a decent position.

He's a Friends fan.

I would imagine that revenue will increase in line (or more) with the wages though. Since CL football could mean an additional 94m euros (based on the last time we were in the CL), inclusive of TV pool money, participation, performance etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.