Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

matys

Every time I refresh this thread and see new twitter loading my heart beats faster for a few seconds

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

I'm confused, what is he? Right or left footed? Another ambidextrous player coming in for us? :drool:
Hes very right footed, definitely not ambidextrous. Probably same level of one footedness as Martial/Rashford?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The likes of Chelsea and City getting their business done early... meanwhile, Edward the Oaf haggling over a few shillings (OK a bit more than that) and not getting anything done and now being given a deadline by Dortmund which we'll pretend they aren't serious about only to be shocked when they refuse to talk to us about Sancho
Ha,what ?
This seems to be moving pretty damn quickly for the money involved, imo.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
The likes of Chelsea and City getting their business done early... meanwhile, Edward the Oaf haggling over a few shillings (OK a bit more than that) and not getting anything done and now being given a deadline by Dortmund which we'll pretend they aren't serious about only to be shocked when they refuse to talk to us about Sancho
Who pissed in your cornflakes this morning?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What's this obsession with Romano anyway? Why would an Italian journalist be the oracle of a transfer between an English and a German team? In general I think people should be wary about these journalists or sources who put themselves into the spotlight, who somehow "know" about everything that's going on everywhere. They are trying to create their own brand and thus have a strong incentive to get creative.

Last edited:

NYAS

His assist numbers have been up there with the best in Europe the past 2 seasons.

On the Hazard comp, his best seasons assist wise were his final 2 seasons at Chelsea where he had 17 in all comps. Sancho had 21 last year along with 22 goals, he had 15 assists the year prior.
Where did you get Sancho’s stats? Transfermarket and WhoScored have different numbers.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
What's this obsession with Romano anyway? Why would an Italian journalist be the oracle of a transfer between an English and a German team? In general I think people should be vary about these journalists or sources who put themselves into the spotlight, who somehow "know" about everything that's going on everywhere. They are trying to create their own brand and thus have a strong incentive to get creative.
Romano and Di Marzio have a good and proven record to have really strong connections with big football agents/clubs. They tend to always get the scoop before others who seem to spitball smaller rumors and hope they stick. Of course, those like Simon Stone for United or others for Dortmund are more official, but they'll also likely be more in the deny until official action is taken camp.

Zoo

Whatever

TheReligion

Abusive
The latest Athletic podcast is a bit more realistic about things (filmed and released today)

They say the stories from yesterday are just from Germany, and United’s stance is different and that things aren’t that far along.

Also said that Dortmund are thinking of waiting until next Summer to try to create an auction because they think that they can get more money when clubs are financially stronger and competing against each other more.
You're desperate for this not to happen aren't you?

RkkMan

The latest Athletic podcast is a bit more realistic about things (filmed and released today)

They say the stories from yesterday are just from Germany, and United’s stance is different and that things aren’t that far along.

Also said that Dortmund are thinking of waiting until next Summer to try to create an auction because they think that they can get more money when clubs are financially stronger and competing against each other more.
I call pure horsehit on this one. There is WAAAAAY too much noise from credible journalists and papers around this story suggesting the transfer is close to being done. We wouldn`t have already agreed terms with the player and there wouldn`t be talk of installments of the fee being discussed if the transfer was not close to being done and if the news from this Athletic Podcast was anything to go by it would be all over the press so it seems to be more of an opinion or serious misinformation. This is simply not true in any way whatsoever especially the part of BVB wanting to sell next year as they`ll definitely not get the fee they want

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Chelsea signed Ziyech in January but Ajax didnt want him to leave until end of season. Werner had a release clause that was due to run out so they were forced to pay it asap.

It looks like they've done their business early, but watching them with Havertz is the real process most teams go through.

We are all impatient, but season doesnt start till Sep 12th. If we somehow wrap this up this week I'll be flummoxed.

RedDevilzFox

This has all the makings of a "Good but not Great" transfer. Everything I have seen of him points to a good but not great player. I have no idea why fans are swooning so hard. Add to all this is the fact that he is still very young and may take time to push it to the next level. Blowing 100M+ on that makes little sense when we need several other reinforcements. In my opinion, Greenwood should be trusted to take the right wing and United need to get more secure (and older aka calm) in the back. Fans will say why can't we have both? The answer is obvious, you can't blow 100M+ on 1 signing and still sign 2-3 other players. In my view, we will only get 1 (max 2) signings this summer. We won't be "outscoring" our way to the titles with Sancho, that much seems certain.

Come to think of it, when was the last time a player from Dortmund (or even Germany) came to PL and knocked it out of the park?

Mihai

White text? Surely there's white text somewhere in there, otherwise this has to be the worst post I've read on the caf.

RkkMan

It's obvious you don't want it for some reason. You've been negative about the deal at every opportunity. Have no idea why mind.
More like he`s being imaginative cause there is no way what he said is true. If such info came from a paper as reliable as The Athletic it would be everywhere by now but all credible papers and journos are saying the complete opposite and logically a transfer where personal terms are agreed with the player and finer details of the fee structure are being discussed is too advanced not to consider inevitable. It won`t drag beyond this week

They can both pay the full fee upfront (doesn't make any difference for FFP). We have to take time to negotiate things like instalments.

Rolaholic

Who the hell said this? Flair is his strongest attribute
I definitely know less about him than most but he just seems ruthlessly efficient as a player.

Not necessarily full of flair or electrifying or spectacular, but just consistently makes the correct decisions. Has a clear idea of what to do in attacking scenarios.

Can't wait to see him in our front 3.
Don't think he meant it negatively at all though :lol: , just off what he'd seen

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Doesn’t Sancho have only 2 years in contract? No chance they get more next year.

Spark

The Beautiful Game podcast are interviewing Romano tonight apparently. Be interesting to see what he has to say about transfers in general. How he has tabs on all the important ones is insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.