Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
“Go to hell, you muppet horse cocks”
Doesn’t really translate well but hæstkuk is a word/phrase commonly used in the northern parts of Norway.
Like there are any other parts.

SAFMUTD

Its obviously a negotiation tactic, the down side is that we set the precedent that at the end we'll pay up.

Clubs dont buy the bluff, we should have walked away from other deals for it to work. But Im hoping they dont want to make this the main example, Sancho is just to good to let him pass.

We can do it when we are ask to pay 80M for Grealish or any other absurd fee for a british player. But Sancho worths every penny.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Nothing is happening until Sanchez is gone. He plays tonight so we are looking at at least tomorrow until his move is confirmed. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we wrap this up before the end of the week but it's likely going to be next week at the earliest.

croadyman

Its obviously a negotiation tactic, the down side is that we set the precedent that at the end we'll pay up.

Clubs dont buy the bluff, we should have walked away from other deals for it to work. But Im hoping they dont want to make this the main example, Sancho is just to good to let him pass.

We can do it when we are ask to pay 80M for Grealish or any other absurd fee for a british player. But Sancho worths every penny.
Fairly confident we won't be paying £80m for Grealish but still believe we will go in for him after europa league campaign and have sold a few players.

SirMattlives

Amazing how so many here understand multi-million pound deals and contracts and are so able to determine it's all Ed's fault things move slowly. I remember it taking weeks to sort out my houses when I bought them, and they were for trivial amounts comparably. And I did not even have to settle terms with the house. Yeah, must be Ed acting the numpty again....what else could explain this.

Clermontois

Supports
France
You're delusional mate. Pogba has never lived up to the 90m price tag once.
Utter folly. Won't go into it with you again as this is the Sancho thread but have a word with yourself privately mate. You mention this lad in every single thread.

I'm not having a pop but I think most of Pogba's detractors are in the same boat. They never watched him enough for Juve and had a mad idea of the player they were getting. For me he's lived up to what I expected, but I watched a lot of him playing in that Juve side and have many games like he has for us. I think Youtube compilations have a lot to blame for why Pogba is regarded as such a disappointment. He's never been the star game changing man really which is what people thought they were getting, more a brilliant cog in a well oiled machine. Hopefully next season he can be that for us, now that we actually look to be building a machine and not a load of spare parts thrown together.
I watched Juventus games especially Paul's last season there and I disagree with you especially the bolded.

Well we started Pogba negotiations long before Mourinho joined.
I don’t think he objected but it certainly wasn’t his choice.
And to date, Pogba has delivered more as a marketing asset than as a player.
This is not Paul's thread but look at the nonsense you see here about the lad.

Our best player in his time back here. Also Mourinho wanted Paul long before he was manager here but who was to know he would try to play him as a deep lying player which he isn't.

Anyway back on topic.

Hope we do not overpay for Sancho, 70mil should be the maximum including addons. He barely even has a international career so do not see why we should pay established superstar fees.

Last edited:

Riz

Amazing how so many here understand multi-million pound deals and contracts and are so able to determine it's all Ed's fault things move slowly. I remember it taking weeks to sort out my houses when I bought them, and they were for trivial amounts comparably. And I did not even have to settle terms with the house. Yeah, must be Ed acting the numpty again....what else could explain this.
Weeks? I wish ours took weeks, was bloody months.

acnumber9

He would perhaps get cut more sack if he didn’t do the exact same shit every single year and proudly tell any journalist who will listen that he is doing it before ultimately not getting much of a discount.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I'd like to sign Sancho but I'm not going to commit suicide if we don't sign him, so long as the squad is strengthened.

My suspicion is this is all posturing and that in the end United will do the deal. I also imagine there are people at United who don't mind the social media engagements and 'buzz' that day after day of speculation brings.

That being said United have missed out on better players than Sancho e.g. Ronaldinho. C'est la vie. If United really have decided to draw a line in the sand and stop overpaying for players, I'll accept it (even respect it in a way). However, only if the club signs other players to cover the gaps in our squad.

Its true that Sancho would level up our squad. Its not true that if we fail to get him there's nobody better than Mata, Lingard, Andreas or James that we could bring in to upgrade our wide right or attacking midfield options. We cannot be left in a position where the likes of Bruno are bent over from exhaustion on the pitch cos our backups aren't good enough to make a difference against mid-table teams.

If we aren't willing to pay £100m on one player that's fine. However, Bruno Fernandes didn't cost half that. So we should be able to find a few players that can fill our problem positions if we're smart.
On the list of reasons to feel so low as to resort to that length, that comes way way down!

Teja

You mean transfers don't work like they do in FIFA? :shocked_pikachu_face:

croadyman

You can tell he loves the attention in a similar way in which Tancredi craves attention.
Certainly more reliable than Tancredi,yes I will admit he got Bruno wrong last year but other than that he's been accurate.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Basically - this.

150+ million pound deals (if you factor in wages etc) are not something that can happen in 5 minutes. Finance at that level is slightly more complicated than waving your card across a contactless payment chip.

Fridge chutney

It's starting to look like all signs are pointing to this falling through. This would be so disappointing.

Crustanoid

I wish one day someone would do a docu-soap about an Ed Woodward transfer, showing exactly what happens hour by hour, day by day, with Redcafe threads and meltdowns interspersed. Maybe even interview some of the posters too.

The downside is that it might reduce the number of posts debating Ed's transfer dealing incompetence

croadyman

Reckon watching that Stretford Paddock interview with Sancho's coach will help us all keep calm if needed.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Starting to look as if the deal has fallen through according to Fridge Chutney, gutted :(

Status
Not open for further replies.