Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanGaalEra

Did you read the full article?

Despite this, Dortmund stated they ‘are well equipped to bear these losses,’ supported by a €17.4 million (US$19.5 million) net profit and consolidated revenues of €489.5 million (US$549.7 million) for 2018/19. The club also inked a bumper extension with kit supplier Puma in November 2019, reportedly worth €250 million (US$280.7 million) until the end of 2027/28.
They’re hardly going to say this is a disaster and we’re suffering. Imagine believing everything you read and what someone says :lol: :lol:

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
New contract doesn't have to include a longer duration.
That wouldn’t make sense for Dortmund financially. They will pay him more money this summer AND they will lose a significant chunk of the transfer fee next summer. Double whammy. The player has no choice but to stay there anyway for the next 12 months if fee can’t be agreed.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
That wouldn’t make sense for Dortmund financially. They will pay him more money AND they will lose a significant chunk of the transfer fee next summer. Double whammy. The player has no choice but to stay there anyway for the next 12 months if fee can’t be agreed.
While all of that is true, when they did that with Lewandowski, wasnt the whole point to keep him happy for the year before he left on a free?

Withnail

I'm not fully aware of Dortmund's financial situation, in truth, but if they're as well off as you suggest, they can reinvest the £100+ million back into the squad entirely. You'd think they'd be desperate for this deal all things considered.

Sancho would be tying himself to Dortmund for God knows how long should he accept a new deal, though. Wouldn't he be better served to wait out the year at his current club, allowing for his market valuation to drop significantly in the process, then gaining a bumper signing-on clause the following summer when United come calling again?

That's what I would do if I was Sancho anyway.
A pay rise doesn't necessarily mean he'll have to extend his time.

As others have said Lewandowski was given a pay rise in the final year of his contract without it being extended before he went to Bayern.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...ike-ahead-of-final-year-with-the-8778269.html

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sancho won't sign a new deal i'm fairly certain of that, but they'd please him with extra money if possible.

Withnail

They’re hardly going to say this is a disaster and we’re suffering. Imagine believing everything you read and what someone says :lol: :lol:
Yeah ok and which parts are you choosing to believe?

Every club has been hit by covid and Dortmund were performing very strongly in the years leading up to it.

Why are they suddenly worse off than every other club?

Moiraine

Even Mr Bundesliga is saying their might be a breakdown between Dortmund and Sancho if he’s not sold this year.

This guy ....

fecking mouth piece of BVB, next time he should tweet picture of him licking Dortmund Chief’s a$$

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That wouldn’t make sense for Dortmund financially. They will pay him more money this summer AND they will lose a significant chunk of the transfer fee next summer. Double whammy. The player has no choice but to stay there anyway for the next 12 months if fee can’t be agreed.
They are doing it just to keep the player happy like Lewandowski.

This is why they're not in the position to play hard ball.

laughtersassassin

It doesn't matter if Sancho does or doesn't sign a new deal. If we don't get him this summer it's anyone's game on who will get him next summer. We wouldn't have a better chance than anyone.

A million things could happy to stop it.

•We might not get top 4
•Liverpool could sell Mane or Salah
• Madrid or Braca might come in for him

Etc Etc.

The only guarantee we have is we can get him this season if we pay up and Ole wants the club to pay up so it is simple really.

Do it or feck over another manager.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
I’d call borussia’s bluff and if we lose out we move on. They are getting annoying.

georgipep

If Sancho wants to leave, it makes sense for Sancho to accept payrise as long as it doesn't extend the 2022 contract. Dortmund has a reason to give unhappy Sancho payrise to let the player happy. They are not going to keep him unhappy for one year & not playing him at all, they don't have the finance to not play Sancho for 1 year.

United won't get pressure from this, United know Sancho won't extend the contract and Dortmund will have to sell him this year or take low fees next year.
The point is for a transfer this window not anytime. If Sancho accepts the new wages, he commits to staying until at least next summer.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
A pay rise doesn't necessarily mean he'll have to extend his time.

As others have said Lewandowski was given a pay rise in the final year of his contract without it being extended before he went to Bayern.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...ike-ahead-of-final-year-with-the-8778269.html
Well, you'd have to assume any new contract offered to Sancho would include an extension to his playing time as it's the only thing that makes sense financially. In order for them to have any sort of bargaining chip the following summer when Unitef inevitably comes calling again, Dortmund would want to tie Sancho to the club for as long as humanly possible. It may even scare United off (among other potential suitors) indefinitely.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
... the informations from that article were directly taken from an Ad-Hoc message from the board to the share holders of the club. Any market-listed company is required by law to inform its share holders from developments which can impact the market course in one way or the other. Either false or deliberately wrongly intepretated informations or outlooks (either positive or negative) can be used as proof in court for legal prosecution by either shareholders or (if it impacts taxes) by the state.

This information does not come from a happy-go-lucky piece in the boulevard to calm the nerves of fans, this is a legal process that has been double and tripple checked by probably half a dozen of lawyers.

RedDevilUnited369

I think we will end up paying but the fact remains any other club would get a compromise.

When it’s Utd they gonna squeeze and I blame Ed’s comments a few years ago.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The point is for a transfer this window not anytime. If Sancho accepts the new wages, he commits to staying until at least next summer.
That wasn't your argument. Your argument was that if he wants to leave, there is no point in the raise. In reality, he can still accept the payrise without extent the contract and Dortmund has a reason to do it. End of the day, Dortmund either take our offer this summer or take around 40m euro next year.

Withnail

Well, you'd have to assume any new contract offered to Sancho would include an extension to his playing time as it's the only thing that makes sense financially. In order for them to have any sort of bargaining chip the following summer when Unitef inevitably comes calling again, Dortmund would want to tie Sancho to the club for as long as humanly possible. It may even scare United off (among other potential suitors) indefinitely.
That's not the case though. They don't want to tie him to the club. They've always planned on selling him but at their evaluation.

They can offer him a pay raise to stay to keep him happy in the hope that there is a bidding war next year when this covid lark is out of the way.

At least that's the threat, and it's not without risk. They're pretty clear that he is for sale but only at the right price, and if they don't get that price they'll offer him a pay raise to keep him sweet.

i haven't seen any mention of a contract extension. I think the deal will still be done once they agree on the installment/add-on structure.

georgipep

We do it constantly. "they wanted 95 for Harry and we got him for 75 #getin" or "they wanted 75 for Bruno and we got him for 50 #blessed"

I see something similarly happening when we eventually agree a fee
Do you think it isn't true (the price isn't negotiated and a compromise on both sides)? Or you think it isn't worth it (saving millions of pounds)?

Superunknown

I always wonder what the players do or how they feel when transfers like this take place. It must be awkward as hell to have to sit there and follow it, especially if it's a long and protracted saga. :lol:

Infestissumam

I think we will end up paying but the fact remains any other club would get a compromise.
not a fact at all. Dortmund has squeezed a lot of money out of other clubs too for the likes of Dembele ... they know what they are doing in that department. I know it's popular to shit on Woodward, but the grass is not always greener on the other side.

Chelsea are facing the same fight with Leverkusen over Havertz.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
I always wonder what the players do or how they feel when transfers like this take place. It must be awkward as hell to have to sit there and follow it, especially if it's a long and protracted saga. :lol:
Probably the same as us unless it’s their place at stake. They are just humans, like us. Probably visit the caf too to read about themselves

Withnail

Must be a nightmare.

That's why clubs always want players sold before the season starts.

I'd be losing sleep :lol:

nainaisson

It's definitely legit. He actually made a more accurate prediction than that tweet. He said we'd get in a big name after Fergie & that when that doesn't work out we'll get in a bigger name that doesn't suit our style (aka Mourinho) just to try win at all costs to get back to the top. Then that won't work and we'll go for someone that understands the DNA of the club like Solskjær. Crazy good prediction.
Then he said Fellaini would succeed Ole and be our manager for the next quarter of a century.

BlahRules

He'll be ours soon.No need to panic boys, we've been down this road before.
Should already act like his signed for us. Been through this with Bruno, Maguire and AWB.

We need to start focusing on other signings right now. Maybe Grealish.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point

When it’s Utd they gonna squeeze and I blame Ed’s comments a few years ago.
Those were stupid comments, but also we are up there with only Barca and Real in terms of the money we generate, and are then able to spend on transfers.

If you look at the fees both have forked out on the likes of Dembele, Coutinho, Hazard and Griezmann in recent years, it's no surprise that BVB are asking for what they are. I'd argue that paying what BVB are demanding even in the current climate constitutes better business than all those deals mentioned above.

United58

If you look at the fees both have forked out on the likes of Dembele, Coutinho, Hazard and Griezmann in recent years, it's no surprise that BVB are asking for what they are. I'd argue that paying what BVB are demanding even in the current climate constitutes better business than all those deals mentioned above.
Absolutely - all of those have been relative flops (so far), Sancho is 20 and has no injury problems while also being one of the most exciting players on the planet

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Those were stupid comments, but also we are up there with only Barca and Real in terms of the money we generate, and are then able to spend on transfers.

I used to respect Dortmund a lot in former years honestly, especially under the likes of Klopp, they had some special teams but in recent years I stop feeling that way about them.

Now I feel Dortmund are just a footballing version of a car showroom, they play a nice system of attacking football and then sell a player for 70M+ after the season is over and bring in a replacement.

Zen86

What is the need to 'control' the transfer here? They have an asking price which they think is right, whether we pay or not is upto us. Simple really and a fair price IMO considering how much players of similar/lesser talents have been going for recently.

Edit - I agree that the deadline is a dick move, missed the first 2 lines.
It’s a bit embarrassing to be bullied by a glorified feeder club like Dortmund. We all know they’re selling Sancho at the end of the day, it’s not like we’re going after the prized asset from a club like Real.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Slow news day... need something to keep the hype going and interest high. They have no more a clue of what's going on as we do.

If we were ending our interest, we'd have said so by now, as we did with the dybala debacle

zenith

I do hope we try and drive a hard bargain. There is zero visibility on next year's revenue and we have a potential generational talent of our own, who can only benefit from more game time.

I still think something will work out and we'll get him this season, but even if we don't. No biggie, we'll go for him next year.

MDFC Manager

This somewhat patronising deadline is nothing more than Dortmund trying to bully us.

People saying a club of our size should just stump up the cash? No. The opposite. A club of our size should stand firm and take control of this transfer.
Exactly this.

Status
Not open for further replies.