Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUCK4444

He posted that on the night Molde won their second league title in a row under Ole. He had been United reserves manager prior to that so one of his mates making that leap isn’t that prescient I wouldn’t say.
Yeah but still, it’s a stretch because I for one didn’t think Ole would ever be given the chance regardless of his stint in Molde. I’m glad he was though.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

No. They get 75m a year and 10-15%.
Any evidence of that? I know teams sometimes take less overall fee for a larger percentage of sales, but all evidence pointed to us just getting the 75mill from adidas as it was by far the largest in the world at the time

cyberman

Yeah but still, it’s a stretch because I for one didn’t think Ole would ever be given the chance regardless of his stint in Molde. I’m glad he was though.
It wasnt a leap. It was a pisstake that came true

dev1l

Imo we ll end up paying 120million euros less a small amount, 5 to 10 million.

Oggi

Any evidence of that? I know teams sometimes take less overall fee for a larger percentage of sales, but all evidence pointed to us just getting the 75mill from adidas as it was by far the largest in the world at the time
10-15% is the standard. Is there any evidence we don’t get that?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
For all those saying wait until next summer. What happens if we don’t make the CL? An injury to Rashford or Martial or Bruno and it isn’t beyond the realms of possibility that we could finish outside the top four. What if Greenwood has a terrible second season?

The club needs to do everything possible to sign Sancho now. It could be now or never.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I'm sure if this doesn't go through United will have atleast two adequate replacements in mind.

Suedesi

Whilst he might have to put in those sort of performances to not be criticised by the media, that doesn't mean he won't have been of value. Again 12m per year would be a bargain.

There are so many factors to those purchases you mentioned. For a start, Sanchez wasn't particularly expensive, his wages were but the transfer wasn't. He was also much later in his career. Di Maria was also much further in his career and ultimately didn't want to be in England. None of those things apply to Sancho.

Pogba, in my opinion, was a great purchase. He is unfairly criticised because of his price tag but I'd rather have him in our team than not and under our current manager he seems a different player, particularly mentally. Shirt sales, media attention & ticket sales also arguably covered the fee.

Sancho will be amongst friends and compatriots. He is a young player than hasn't even established himself in the England squad really and has everything to do to prove himself, unlike Sanchez and Di Maria.

Sancho will be battling another potential 'generational talent' in Mason Greenwood.

Have you noticed the energy and support between players like Martial, Rashford, Bruno, Pogba & Greenwood. Sancho will feed into all that.

United are on the up and everything surrounding the club is positive, except a few transfer pessimists, that wasn't the case when Di Maria, Sanchez or even Pogba joined(despite cautious optimism at the time).

That would be my defence of the transfer fee. I think it will be money well spent for a prolific young English player, playing for Englands biggest club.
Didn't you say the deal was done and claimed it was going to be announced on the 7th? You have zero credibility left Mr Bullshitter.

DSG

https://www.theguardian.com/football/the-set-pieces-blog/2016/aug/24/transfer-window-market-myths

Prepay shelf deal. If you read between the lines, adidas will sell 20m+ shirts over the life of the deal. Who knows the shelf number? Certainly, after they hit 1m shirts per season sold, there usually is a percentage that goes to the club.

Suedesi

Allegedly we're having no problems finding suitors for a new shirt deal, despite COVID and it most likely will be a shirt deal that trumps the record deal we have with Chevrolet.

You say uncertainty and granted there is some. But the likelyhood that we'll have a vaccine in place in 1-2 years time is big and I speak knowing people who work within that field.

I also work in advertising and know these things, but I also know that whilst you might not have the same width of advertisers you will have a few who are willing to invest who hold major capital.

The biggest risk we run at bringing down our commercial revenue is by consistently devaluing our brand by not delivering results.

A few years ago we could get a deal on the virtue of being Manchester United. The greatest and most successful club in England.

If we fail to win another Premier League title in the next say 10 years I can guarantee you that we will take an even bigger hit from that than the current pandemic.

TV revenue will most likely not take a hit, there are many interested parties. A main reason why Glazer hasn't capitalized on their investment is because they expect another hike in broadcasting revenue. Suitors like Amazon will want to take a bigger share of the market and that could go for European competition as well.

As long as there is interest, there will be broadcasting revenue.

As for Commercial deals read what I wrote above.
Allegedly means feckall, especially coming from the club. They're not going to talk down the prospects of finding new shirt sponsors, but let's see what they deliver. IMO the demand from advertisers will be weaker.

Secondly, there's no certainty that even with a vaccine consumer behavior will remain unaffected. When you're struggling to put food on the table, or you've come off a lengthy layoff and have been eating into your savings, the last thing you want to do is buy another replica jersey. Or renew the season ticket. Or fly across the world to watch your team play at OT. To what extent demand will soften, who the feck knows - that depends on so many factors - but to think it's not going to change is lunacy, and the club should build some projections to take that into account.

As for the brand, I agree that weakening of the brand will hurt commercial prospects, but United's brand is strong enough. You could go the PSG way and pay celebrities to wear your jersey or you could build a brand based on United's glorious history, the Busby Babes, Fergie's fledglings etc. One is flimsy and has no staying power, the latter has much stronger foundations and will survive the odd barren periods of not winning trophies. Not 10 years, but a few years should be fine.

FizzyWomack

So what do we make of the quietness of the last few days? Deep in discussions or is it at such an impasse that both parties have nothing to talk about?
I was optimistic at first. Really don’t think he’s coming now. Hopefully I’m wrong but I can just see the headlines about him staying in Dortmund. Someone please prove me wrong :wenger: just about to watch the Bayern vs Chelsea game .. oh how I wish we were playing Bayern tonite:keano:

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
It’s my mums birthday on Wednesday and my Nana’s next Friday. Both huge Sancho fans with my nana claiming he’s the biggest generational talent since Stanley Matthews.

Would imagine it’ll be announced on Thursday as homage to those two. The reddit ITK (17) has confirmed it too

EDIT - Might be worth a title change actually mods, thinking about it?

Jack-C20

It’s my mums birthday on Wednesday and my Nana’s next Friday. Both huge Sancho fans with my nana claiming he’s the biggest generational talent since Stanley Matthews.

Would imagine it’ll be announced on Thursday as homage to those two. The reddit ITK (17) has confirmed it too

At last some concrete information, roll on Thursday I say! Oh and Happy Birthday to your Mum and Nan.

Acquire Me

Great news. How reliable are them?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
As in actual reports that United have walked away, rather than prepared to walk away. And Dortmund stating they won't be selling him and he'll be staying for the year.
There have been actual reports of what Dortmund want and actual reports that United have significantly different ideas of what they should pay. Neither side knows for certain whether the other party won't be willing to compromise after all, so why should there be dramatic announcements?

bsCallout

Didn't you say the deal was done and claimed it was going to be announced on the 7th? You have zero credibility left Mr Bullshitter.
I'm tier 1.

I'm not here for credibility. You're in the wrong thread for that. Muppet Army!!

But what on earth did your response have to do with the comment your were responding to?

Mihai

Allegedly we're having no problems finding suitors for a new shirt deal, despite COVID and it most likely will be a shirt deal that trumps the record deal we have with Chevrolet.

You say uncertainty and granted there is some. But the likelyhood that we'll have a vaccine in place in 1-2 years time is big and I speak knowing people who work within that field.

I also work in advertising and know these things, but I also know that whilst you might not have the same width of advertisers you will have a few who are willing to invest who hold major capital.

The biggest risk we run at bringing down our commercial revenue is by consistently devaluing our brand by not delivering results.

A few years ago we could get a deal on the virtue of being Manchester United. The greatest and most successful club in England.

If we fail to win another Premier League title in the next say 10 years I can guarantee you that we will take an even bigger hit from that than the current pandemic.

TV revenue will most likely not take a hit, there are many interested parties. A main reason why Glazer hasn't capitalized on their investment is because they expect another hike in broadcasting revenue. Suitors like Amazon will want to take a bigger share of the market and that could go for European competition as well.

I don't want to derail the

I don't want to derail the topic, so this will be my last reply. You response is 1. Based on speculation and 2. Doesn't even consider the big economic impact that vivid has on the economy as a whole. Especially in UK, where a no-deal Brexit is expected to have the effects of the biggest recession in the last century.

Suedesi

I'm tier 1.

I'm not here for credibility. You're in the wrong thread for that. Muppet Army!!

But what on earth did your response have to do with the comment your were responding to?
Once a bullshitter always a bullshitter ;)

Prove me wrong - add some value and insight here

Gazza

For all those saying wait until next summer. What happens if we don’t make the CL? An injury to Rashford or Martial or Bruno and it isn’t beyond the realms of possibility that we could finish outside the top four. What if Greenwood has a terrible second season?

The club needs to do everything possible to sign Sancho now. It could be now or never.
Exactly. CL qualification seems to have given some some people an injection of confidence that feels misplaced; we barely made it into the top four despite it being a pretty poor league in terms of quality. We're not in a position to play silly beggars over +/- $20 million for one of the world's most exciting young talents.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Exactly. CL qualification seems to have given some some people an injection of confidence that feels misplaced; we barely made it into the top four despite it being a pretty poor league in terms of quality. We're not in a position to play silly beggars over +/- $20 million for one of the world's most exciting young talents.
A bit blase isn't it? Considering the state of the world right now.

laughtersassassin

My word. If we didn't have the money or close to it we would have shot down these rumours before they started.

We know we are in talks so we know we have the money or thereabouts.

At the end of the day we are a football club and you man is right. For our long term future as a football club getting Sancho now is fairly decking important.

Offsideagain

Interesting to learn sick note Gareth Bale sulking on £600k pw refusing to travel to the Emptyhad to watch from the stands as Varane thought he was playing for City and ZZ saying Madrid May loan Bale out AND pay some of his wages. So if Woodward calls Dortmund’s bluff and they still won’t drop Sancho’s price, do you think a topknot will be limping down one flank of OT soon?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Interesting to learn sick note Gareth Bale sulking on £600k pw refusing to travel to the Emptyhad to watch from the stands as Varane thought he was playing for City and ZZ saying Madrid May loan Bale out AND pay some of his wages. So if Woodward calls Dortmund’s bluff and they still won’t drop Sancho’s price, do you think a topknot will be limping down one flank of OT soon?
My brain hurts from reading that. But no, not a chance in hell he plays for us.

Gazza

Not at all. Clearly the sums being talked about are within our capabilities as we are still at the negotiating table. In terms of a football transfer fee being $100 million versus $120 million, I don't know how "the state of the world" is relevant, to be honest. Napoli just spent $80 million on a single player (from Ligue Un!) last week!

Honestly, take a step back and question the logic: 100 million is okay, but 120 isn't "because Covid-19"? :)

Fridge chutney

Poor hopeful muppets. The greater the expectations, the greater the fall. Give up hope now when there's still a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.