Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I'm still not fully convinced about this guy. I'd like to watch a full game to be sure. His dribbling is a little chaotic, has something Depay-esque about it. I hope I'm wrong though. He's putting in great numbers in Dortmund that's for sure.

tjb

For anyone saying we are overpaying, you do realise he would likely have cost £140 million in a pre Covid world. €120 million is a massive discount which reflects the current market. As I’ve said repeatedly, If you think we have overspent you haven’t seen enough of Sancho, I think he’s nailed on to be one of the best players in the league.
I reality, which transfers have happened that are actually cheaper with Covid. We will pay in installments and this transfer is an example of how he transfer market will be like. Installments rather than cheaper unless the club is desperate.

In Rainbows

I'm still not fully convinced about this guy. I'd like to watch a full game to be sure. His dribbling is a little chaotic, has something Depay-esque about it. I hope I'm wrong though. He's putting in great numbers in Dortmund that's for sure.
Depay would kill to have Sancho's technical skill.

sparx99

Football Manager reckons Sancho's preferred number is 11 not 7. Both are available so it will be interesting to see which he ends up with.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
His dribbling is elite, what player have you been watching?

davidmichael

Sancho in, Sanchez out

This is literally surreal, if someone said to me this time last year we’d sell Sanchez and bring in Sancho as his replacement I’d have pushed for them to be commited to the mad house.

If we manage to get Jones, Rojo and Pereira off the books too then it’ll be already the best window we’ve had in years. Ole haters can say what they like but he’s clearing the decks of all the dead wood and bringing in players that fit what we need and we’re moving in the right direction.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I am gobsmacked we are paying 120m for him, installments or not. Happy to admit I called it wrong. I wasn't the only one though.

He's a very good player also but not sure he's worth that much. Feel like we do pay too much for most of our players. Pogba, Maguire and now Sancho.
You aren't the worst. There is someone in the newbies who was adamant that we shouldn't be paying more than 50 million for Sancho.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Eh? Course it will! I don’t see us doing any more business this summer.
You seriously think Jadon Sancho will be the only signing we will make? There are still plenty of players to be sold, as well. We have until October, ffs.

Nori-

If we offload Sanchez AND sign Sancho within a few days, I might self combust. What a start to the transfer window that will be.

sparx99

Eh? Course it will! I don’t see us doing any more business this summer.
Most reports have the upfront fee at £60-90m. Selling Sanchez gets £13.5m in plus £20m in saved wages. Add Smalling at £15-18m and we are halfway to covering the cost this summer.

Revan

Assumptionman
120m euros for him is a crazy sum, especially in this covid situation when we are gonna have significantly lower revenue.

But, he is so good that I don't care that much.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
I wish every club did this for us. It would stop so many transfers dragging and its actually good for everyone. The seller has time to buy and the player gets settled quicker.
Agreed. The sooner he integrates with the team, the better. I think a demand from the other team in a transfer would help us a lot, and stop us dithering

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Most reports have the upfront fee at £60-90m. Selling Sanchez gets £13.5m in plus £20m in saved wages. Add Smalling at £15-18m and we are halfway to covering the cost this summer.
We'll make the rest in shirt sales.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Well... I hope you’re right!

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
You seriously think Jadon Sancho will be the only signing we will make? There are still plenty of players to be sold, as well. We have until October, ffs.
Yeah I don’t see why not! And I’d be more than happy with that

Status
Not open for further replies.