Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaddyP

I hope Sancho doesn't drift out to the left!

I'd be raging if we had Rashford, Martial and Sancho crowding each other out while AWB is left alone on the right wing..again.
My hope is we have sancho give is more width on the right and allow awb to sit back in defensive shape with the Center backs which will allow pogba to push further up without having to worry too much about a counter attack with Matic screening the defense

Gazza

So Sancho will cost about €120 million. Mbappe cost about €180 million. It sounds about right and fair enough (maybe even a good deal?) on that basis, doesn't it? Surprised to see so much furrowing of brows regarding the fee.

Dante

Average bang
Found out im going to be a father a few days ago. Now we are signing Sancho and selling Sanchez for an actual fee.
If it wasnt for this whole global pandemic and the far right slowly taking over the world, 2020 wouldnt be that bad
Congrats, mate.

Andersons Dietician

We'll make the rest in shirt sales.
The actual percentage we get from Addidas for shirt sales is something stupid like 1%. Hopefully it’ll be other marketing venues we get Cash back from but even then any footballer worth his socks nowadays will have an imaging rights clause in his contract so Sancho will get a hefty slice of that cheddah too.

Gazza

Possibility to be a spectacular failure for starters, and the obvious impact it will have on us the next time we come knocking for a new signing. Clubs already double their prices for us, this will just make it worse.
Not at all. Clubs have always known United can spend money, this transfer is not nearly exorbitant enough to take it into a different level. I don't think what you're talking about really happens to the degree you think it does. I'd imagine the conversation between United and a hypothetical selling club in future could go something like this:

Utd: "We think 50 million is fair for player X"
Selling club: "But you paid 120 million for Sancho"
Utd: "We value player X at 50 million for reasons A, B, C..."
Selling club: "Ah... fair enough"

Clubs will always seek to maximize their revenue, but there is a ceiling whereby they can't just ask for more money just because United have paid more for another player - it depends more on the competition for the specific player being targeted.

Stretender

Am in two minds about this. On one hand I think 120 million is probably 50 million too much for Sancho. On the other hand reading from what people who have watched him regularly say about him, he is a worldie in the making so that money would look like small change one day. Like 80 million for Ronaldo to Madrid. I am happy for United to be flexing their muscles, lets make other teams know that we are here , we make this money its our money. I just hope its not too excessive so that if we go for someone like VDB, Ajax say 80 million, cos they think we have gone crazy with our wallet. In summary spending money on the team should not be discouraged. I would rather we spent money on the team every window to catch up with the Madrid's and Munich's of this world rather than give everything to the Glazers.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Am in two minds about this. On one hand I think 120 million is probably 50 million too much for Sancho. On the other hand reading from what people who have watched him regularly say about him, he is a worldie in the making so that money would look like small change one day. Like 80 million for Ronaldo to Madrid. I am happy for United to be flexing their muscles, lets make other teams know that we are here , we make this money its our money. I just hope its not too excessive so that if we go for someone like VDB, Ajax say 80 million, cos they think we have gone crazy with our wallet. In summary spending money on the team should not be discouraged. I would rather we spent money on the team every window to catch up with the Madrid's and Munich's of this world rather than give everything to the Glazers.
Feels like signing a young Giggs to be honest. Makes it sweeter that he's an Ex City Academy player and he will be worth every penny. His passing and technical side of his game is so underrated.

Out of Sancho, Coutinho, Griezmann and Joao Felix - I know which 120M signing is the best value for money.

Gazza

:eek: Woah, you think Dortmund would accept less than what Lille got from Arsenal for Nicolas Pepe!

Andersons Dietician

The price has droppEd from the muppet calculator prices of last season. People were saying that he’d cost more than Dembele and be 150mil.

I would say 80-90 mil is probably about the right price in a normal market but the likes of him and Havertz were always going to hold their value. No one was going to be getting a deal on him.

If he comes I just can’t wait to see the link up play. He just has this ability to pick out the right pass at the right time.

He’s one of those players if he’s available and you can afford him then you buy him.

cyberman

Hey.. congrats, man.
Sancho in, and Sanchez out... what a time to be alive! Oh and @cyberman becoming a dad, congrats man!

Where will all the muppets be heading after we wrap this one?
:D Congrats dude.
When do we repeatedly smash F5 and and track his flight?

I'm all in :drool:

Here we go!:lol:

Congrats man :)
Oh nice!
So how did she take it? That the kid will be called Jadon Alexis Cyberman?
Congrats. Best thing that will ever happen to you.
commiserations
That's huge - congrats, mate!
This is shaping up to be one hell of a start to the week, huh? :)
Congrats, mate.
Many thanks, folks. Must start working on next years transfer window!

Nikelesh Reddy

I think that we should start taking price tags with a grain of salt,they really don’t mean a thing.Lukaku was probably a 45 million pound striker,but we had to shell out 75 million for him...Maguire in my view is a 50(a bit generous) million centre back,but look what we paid for him.Sancho at 108 million or whatever is obviously ridiculously overpriced,but would he be a great addition to our squad?Yes.Will he improve the first team?Yes.Can he potentially become world class?Yes.So it makes perfect sense to sign him really...

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
Woah. It’s happening

Is this our most exciting signing ever? Young, world class player for a position we have neglected since Nani?

I am very excited, and not even in a muppet sort of way. This signing makes perfect sense, something which hasn’t happened for a while!

hungrywing

I am gobsmacked we are paying 120m for him, installments or not. Happy to admit I called it wrong. I wasn't the only one though.

He's a very good player also but not sure he's worth that much. Feel like we do pay too much for most of our players. Pogba, Maguire and now Sancho.
I’d rather not pay £108m for him
I totally understand that mindset even without Covid19. Think of it as ten years' worth of no right winger signings done at once, plus the fact that he's top two or three in his position in the world.

I wonder if there's some esoteric reason they're tweeting that when it's already been blasted in the media for quite some time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.