Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lentwood

There's always someone moaning on this forum - we are on the verge of signing one of the best young players in the world and all people want to do is moan about the wages we're supposedly offering!

We can comfortably operate with salaries at 50% of turnover. Sancho will (apparently) earn roughly the same as Martial/Rashford and less than Pogba/De Gea/Sanchez. Why is that an issue? Why can't we just be excited about something for once!

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I really don't care how much we spend and pay players. I know it's important in the big picture because it affects the bottom line which determines future signings, but I really don't pay much attention as I hope the powers that be are making decent decisions overall.

I do care about quality football and after watching some highlights of Sancho I'm very excited. While watching, and I don't say this lightly, he reminds of Messi with how he glides past defenders, anticipates the defenders moves, his quick feet, and his explosive acceleration.

A front three of Rashford, Martial/Greenwood and Sancho/Greenwood might be better than Liverpool's front three and be among the most exciting in the world.

romufc

Is it me or does this transfer feel different?

When we signed Alexis, there was some sort of excitement but the last time I was this excited about a player joining was when Pogba signed.

This feels even better, maybe because I have seen the potential football we could play, we haven't seen a RW with skill since Nani, and it feels Sancho is suited to the RW 7.

I cannot wait to see him in a United shirt.

wolvored

Bild reckon £340 grand a week. Think that's excessive for a first contract. We been moaning about Sanchez contract, but was premier proven when he came

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
There's always someone moaning on this forum - we are on the verge of signing one of the best young players in the world and all people want to do is moan about the wages we're supposedly offering!

We can comfortably operate with salaries at 50% of turnover. Sancho will (apparently) earn roughly the same as Martial/Rashford and less than Pogba/De Gea/Sanchez. Why is that an issue? Why can't we just be excited about something for once!
I can guarantee you on the matchday thread for Sancho's debut, within 45mins someone will say we got rinsed.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Pretty sure that contract is heavily incentivised. Most of these outlets usually quote the maximum payable figure.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
The poster referenced it himself, in this very thread iirc :lol:

If only i must a good enough poster to reference an "ish moment". All I am known for is Lights on for Luke.
Ironically, by referencing his own moment without it being a thing, causing everyone to weigh in on it, it has now become a thing.

Trump levels of 4D chess.

MDFC Manager

Bild reckon £340 grand a week. Think that's excessive for a first contract. We been moaning about Sanchez contract, but was premier proven when he came
Romano, the on-point guy for this transfer, thinks its about 250k.

rollingstoned1

Yes, we agree. Just wanted to point out that you need to set it up poperly and fitting to the personal skills of a player so the player can shine. Sanchos decision making is indeed great, especially in the final third and when you assure that you keep the pace of the game high, and especially when consider how old he is. But of course its always possible to feck things up by doing mistakes and errors in coaching and preparing for certain opponents. Sancho still got to learn a lot, its not like with him everything is only gold and he will solve every problem on his own. I can get the euphoria in here, for a reason, but maybe its time to talk about him a little bit more balanced and objective. He still needs to have vision if the opponent got the ball, he needs to adapt timing better in a phase of pressing, he needs to see the danger for a conceding goal earlier and travel back with more effort (like when the opponent got the ball in his first third, or the midfield, or lets say if he looses the ball and expose his own team), a thing Marco Reus for example is great in. He needs to adapt better and learn how to behave if the opponent lets you run free into their final third but then plarking the bus so that there is no space for pace.
He has a natural talent for the mentioned situations in the final third mentioned above, thats true. But there are still a lot of thing he could learn, things he could see better, or where he needs to get more complete. The talent, the pace, and the technic is there, but there is still a lot to learn. He is capable of doing that, no doubt, but it will take some good coaching and tactical advises so that the can raise from a natural talented streetfootballer into a true worldbeater.
I would have to agree while everyone is intent on blowing their load so to speak I'm a little more cautiously optimistic after all the Muppet signings we have made that didn't work out recently. He's still a young guy and we had the example of dembele apart from kagawa and mkhitaryan who also came with a lot of pomp and fanfare. I've become a lot more tempered in general with all things united. We don't want a situation where our fickle fandom calls him an overrated pace merchant with poor decision making ability who should have been far ahead in his development for us to spend so much on him while yearning for the next young flavor the the moment. It's a movie I've seen too often already.

Last edited:

Glorio

Definitely a bit more excited about this one.

I would say Sancho reminds me of Rooney a bit - not in skill or type, but more around early maturity. Like a young Wayne, he appears to already be closer to the complete package than most youngsters.

His numbers will increase as he gets more consistent with age of course, however, and this is not a bad thing, he's already so street-wise on the pitch in terms of decision making that it's difficult to see him transform too much stylistically, physically, or in his approach to the game. Considering this, I daresay I'm unsure his ceiling is going to be madly higher than what he's currently producing in terms of performances.

If he has anything like Wayne's career though, I'll be more than chuffed.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

When we signed Alexis, there was some sort of excitement but the last time I was this excited about a player joining was when Pogba signed.

This feels even better, maybe because I have seen the potential football we could play, we haven't seen a RW with skill since Nani, and it feels Sancho is suited to the RW 7.

It's the best signing we've made since Pogba.

All the others were on the way down, but Sancho is on the way up. 20 years old coming into his prime years, what more could we ask for?

Andy_Cole

There is a big difference. We were hoping Sanchez would be a saviour. Someone who could win us titles on his own.

Sancho however is an addition to our squad with huge potential. We’re not excited about Sancho on his own. But his interplay with Rashford, Bruno, Martial, Pogba, Mason. I can’t wait for this.

romufc

All the others were on the way down, but Sancho is on the way up. 20 years old coming into his prime years, what more could we ask for?
Yep, but we have spend money on Lukaku, Maguire, Bruno who had decent seasons at their respective clubs.

Pogba is still in the category of 50/50 with fans. I hope Sancho can settle in quickly.

Goku23

Bruno Pogba Sancho Martial Rashford has to be the best attack in Europe surely ? If we can get the defense to match we will be challenging on all fronts

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
I would have to agree while everyone is intent on blowing their load so to speak I'm a little more cautiously optimistic after all the Muppet signings we have made that didn't work out recently. He's still a young guy and we had the example of dembele apart from kagawa and mkhitaryan who also came with a lot of pomp and fanfare. I've become a lot more tempered in general with all things united.
Yeah i fully understand. But different players different cases. I can't tell much about Kagawa at United (think he wasn't used in a clever way, playing him out of position), but my view on Mkhitaryan is: despite being able to be a a fantastic player he was always full of flaws and it was obvious that he has to feel comfortable in every way, you need to secure that his mind-set is stable and that he is confident to get some out of him on the pitch. Something which was completeley overlooked when Woodward was buying him. Buying him into a context where it was nearly given that this combination must fail (Mourinho, and so on). With Dembele it was like: even only after some month it was clear that he has some mentality issues and a lot of people in the club has to work on him and have an eye on him to be sure that you see some of his talents on the pitch. More so, the whole tactics needed to adapt to him a little bit. So in my eyes it was also Barcelonas fail into overlook all these signs. Even more, you could argue that its a praise for Dortmund and their man-managment/lockeroom that they handled him well given the circumstances, get a trophy out of his play in that year, and on the other side Barcelona can't get their shit together and don't get some endproduct out of him. Sidenote: Thanks again for the money Barca (they still have to pay some serious sums, i even recently read that if they decide to get rid of him all the bonuses and clauses will have to be paid)! I guess we never get so much money for getting rid of so much problems. "Mes que un club" my arse :lol: Gracias.

For Sancho: you guys will get the best out of him if you don't see him as a ready-made-player. See him as a young lad who has to learn a lot, and more so who learns a lot when you keep the learning-curve high. Don't let him feel that now he has suceeded, he has to have in mind that it only starts, that nothing is won until now. And that he doesn't feel like now he can do what he wants with some (new) mates. He has to see himself as an unfinished player.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
How is Sancho one on one? He is goalscoring winger which is great but is he good in beating his marker?

Wolverine

A big part of my excitement regarding this signing is proof from Fernandes how much the right signing can significantly improve the club (signing was so critical in getting us to CL qualification)
Creatively attacking wise we have been disastrous last few years and being competitive is predicated I think a lot on getting a good attacking team in play that is consistent
Defensively we are not perfect either so hopefully we make recruitment there and hope for improvement on that front too (e.g. more attacking output from fullbacks, better from de gea + consistency from central defense)
Can see Sacho though filling a role that is there to be filled but also playing well with others. There is also a maturity and consistency in his play, moreso than the typical wonderkid type

Sparky Rhiwabon

Think also the fact that he’s a young player who’s still improving, not the finished product, makes it feel more like a classic United signing, like Ronaldo, Rooney, Keane or even Robson back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.