Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Bruno was like this wasn't he? Tweets saying it was being discussed between the clubs after the player had agreed terms, then tweets saying the money wasn't right and then all done they day after?
United always brief the English reporters one thing, and they only tweet official words from the club. Fabrizio Romano basically gets in touch with agents from all parties to get the scoops. Different focuses for them.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
1. The player is not going to make a scene because if a move does not happen, he will stay there.
2. We cannot wait 2 years for Sancho
3. What other RW's are there ?

I am not sure which calculator you are using. £100m for Sancho is the same as Werner £50 + ZIyech £33m + £80m Havertz. I am no genius but simple maths and that works out to be £163m

Hummels, Auby, Gundogan, Pulisic all come to mind.
Okay, so I guess he goes for free in two years then? If Dortmund don’t want to negotiate.
Who will pay 100+ Mill this year? (No one except maybe us)
Who will pay even 50 Mill next year when you can sign him for free in dec? No one.

I think we called their bluff. Its too much money for them to not negotiate. They know this is the last chance to get good money for him. And we’re the only club interested it seems. They won’t even get 80 Mill from any other club in this Covid market.

Havertz isnt sold yet is he? But yeah, Ziyech 33 Mill, Werner 50 and Pulisic 50. Price for Sancho should be around 80 with those transfers in mind.

Hummels have never left Bundesliga. He’s like Götze and Reus, going back and forth Dortmund/Bayern.
Gundogan can’t be considered good for city surely?
Pulisic not had a season in PL yet. But looks promising. Lets see after next season.
Dembele looks promising, but not at that price. Injuryprone.
Mkhi/Kagawa just bad.

El Presidente

Okay, so I guess he goes for free in two years then? If Dortmund don’t want to negotiate.
Who will pay 100+ Mill this year? (No one except maybe us)
Who will pay even 50 Mill next year when you can sign him for free in dec? No one.

I think we called their bluff. Its too much money for them to not negotiate. They know this is the last chance to get good money for him. And we’re the only club interested it seems. They won’t even get 80 Mill from any other club in this Covid market.

Havertz isnt sold yet is he? But yeah, Ziyech 33 Mill, Werner 50 and Pulisic 50. Price for Sancho should be around 80 with those transfers in mind.

Hummels have never left Bundesliga. He’s like Götze and Reus, going back and forth Dortmund/Bayern.
Gundogan can’t be considered good for city surely?
Pulisic not had a season in PL yet. But looks promising. Lets see after next season.
Stopped reading there. Hazard says hi. Also, Leroy fecking Sane? It literally happened 2 weeks ago.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Regarding the number of successful players, I already addressed this in a previous post, not specifically about Dortmund however, but the German League in general:

To say he is unproven well there is a lot of information which suggests the contrary. He has over 100 appearances for Dortmund in three seasons, scoring 34 goals. He has 11 appearances for England and was part of the U17 World Cup winning team and third place for UEFA Nations.

In my mind it does not make sense to say that just because he is from Dortmund he is going to fail and use two previous players as an example. You are correct that Kagawa and Miki failed. However, they failed because of certain traits of the players and the conditions at United, rather than anything about Dortmund specifically. With regards to Sancho, he knows Manchester having lived in City, he was raised in the UK so he knows about the culture here as well. The only question mark is whether he can adapt to the league, but you can say that about any player really.

The price is high, but he is one of the best young players in the world and he deservedly commands that fee. Hazard went for 100m with one year left, Coutinho went for an absurd fee as did Dembele. Actually, having thought about it, spending £80m plus some add-ons or whatever seems reasonable to me. You could argue maybe we are spending too much post-covid, but you have to trust that the financial people at the club will budget this accordingly and there is no reason to suggest (not that you did but just saying in general) we are going down the path of a Leeds and spending beyond our means.
Not to mention his numbers about transfer fees are completely incorrect.

Ziyech was £36.6m - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51488996
Werner was around £54m - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52928359
Havertz is rumoured at £72m (80m Euros).

That's a total of about £162m. Sancho is rumoured at £108m. So... not quite the same.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Stopped reading there. Hazard says hi. Also, Leroy fecking Sane? It literally happened 2 weeks ago.
:lol: Honestly, man. Some people just love to moan about everything. Someone said 50m euros in agent fees FFS. :lol:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Bruno was like this wasn't he? Tweets saying it was being discussed between the clubs after the player had agreed terms, then tweets saying the money wasn't right and then all done they day after?
Yep, the " Sky Sports understands that Sporting and Manchester Utd are far apart in their valuation for the player," comments were released every day

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Just pay up Ed you twat. The success this lad can bring over the next 10 years will repay the 120 million.
What makes you think Woody won't pay up?

The hitch is over who orders and pays for pizza in the meeting room.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Regarding the number of successful players, I already addressed this in a previous post, not specifically about Dortmund however, but the German League in general:

To say he is unproven well there is a lot of information which suggests the contrary. He has over 100 appearances for Dortmund in three seasons, scoring 34 goals. He has 11 appearances for England and was part of the U17 World Cup winning team and third place for UEFA Nations.

In my mind it does not make sense to say that just because he is from Dortmund he is going to fail and use two previous players as an example. You are correct that Kagawa and Miki failed. However, they failed because of certain traits of the players and the conditions at United, rather than anything about Dortmund specifically. With regards to Sancho, he knows Manchester having lived in City, he was raised in the UK so he knows about the culture here as well. The only question mark is whether he can adapt to the league, but you can say that about any player really.

The price is high, but he is one of the best young players in the world and he deservedly commands that fee. Hazard went for 100m with one year left, Coutinho went for an absurd fee as did Dembele. Actually, having thought about it, spending £80m plus some add-ons or whatever seems reasonable to me. You could argue maybe we are spending too much post-covid, but you have to trust that the financial people at the club will budget this accordingly and there is no reason to suggest (not that you did but just saying in general) we are going down the path of a Leeds and spending beyond our means.
Good post! And I agree, 80 + add ons seems like a fair price. But looks like Dortmund doing it the hard way. £108 mill fixed price. Dembele to Barca was £96,8 Mill.
I think that’s the reason it takes time.

Me personally would like to see performance-based add ons in this deal (like Dembele for Barca).

Last edited:

SATA

Dembele to Barca took quite some time as well, didn’t it? Anyone can remember the time frame for those who followed the saga?

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
..the loop is @MaxiPaxi
[/QUOTE]
:lol: :lol: infinite, oh for crying out loud, learn how to quote, like me! See?

Ups, something is going on... Heeeeeelp
:lol:;)
[/QUOTE]

Runnnnnn, goooooo. Get to the choppa!
[/QUOTE]

United58

Dembele to Barca took quite some time as well, didn’t it? Anyone can remember the time frame for those who followed the saga?
From memory, it was at least 2 months, and I think possibly stretched over 2 transfer windows? Could be wrong though. Distinctly remember reports Dortmund were very bitter over it

Riz

From memory, it was at least 2 months, and I think possibly stretched over 2 transfer windows? Could be wrong though. Distinctly remember reports Dortmund were very bitter over it
2 windows? I thought he was their rebound signing after the Neymar transfer bombshell was dropped by PSG.

vodrake

-https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1223788/Jadon-Sancho-Chelsea-transfer-decision-made-Frank-Lampard-Dortmund-latest-news-gossip
Fair play for posting it, but that's an impressively terrible source. An express article, from January, quoting "Transfer Expert" Ian McGarry, a man whose last bold claim was that Werner to Liverpool was a matter of "when", not "if", a few days before he moved to Chelsea?

Amethystxx

If 120m, i want this deal collapse quickly. I think for that money we easily got Chiesa + VDB + Gabriel.

lsd

The Oracle
I think its over and if Ed has walked away then well done to him . We were totally ripped off with Maguire and we have got to learn from that and stop allowing clubs to screw us over .

If Sancho wanted to come to Utd he could come out and say so forcing the issue but instead its just all about money as per usual .

Enough is enough its time we concentrate on players that actually want to play for us

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Regarding the Sancho deal I think 120 mill is too much. He’s still very unproven in the biggest leagues. See what happened with Dembele. Would Barca get the money back if they sold him? No way. Same could go for Sancho. No one knows really so its a gambling for sure.
Dembele doesn't really have much to do with 'not being proven in the biggest leagues'. His issues mostly come down to three things. Injuries, which can happen in any league. Apparent unprofessionalism, with him being addicted to video games, not sleeping and eating properly and often being late for training. And thirdly he just went to one of the worst possible clubs as he really doesn't suit the style they want to play. Sancho actually fits Barca far better if things had been different.

Judas

Open to offers
I think its over and if Ed has walked away then well done to him . We were totally ripped off with Maguire and we have got to learn from that and stop allowing clubs to screw us over .

If Sancho wanted to come to Utd he could come out and say so forcing the issue but instead its just all about money as per usual .

Enough is enough its time we concentrate on players that actually want to play for us
Spoiler alert; we've not walked away and we'll sign him. Sancho obviously wants to play for us too.

Honestly how you lot have the energy to create drama is bizarre.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
This whole transfer saga has actually been really static from Dortmund´s side. For about an month now two fixtures have been reported up and down by pretty much every German sports outlet with a consistency that is quite frankly pretty rare nowadays: 120 mil. € and August 8th. These are the corner stones of the deal.

Dortmund handled this affair unusually transparent for their standarts. The fixtures were either fed directly to the press by head officials or in the case of it coming from Uniteds side or Sanchos camp they did absolutely nothing to counteract them. This level of transparency is most likely a clear sign to the player himself that they will honor an already made promise to let him go back in the EPL if the requirements are met. There is so little fluctation in both the timing and volume of the deal that I believe that the fixtures have been agreed between Dortmund and Sancho a long time ago. This is probably an insurrance to keep the player from getting frustrated in the unlikely case that the deal with fall through.

Sancho joining United this Summer is highly likely at this point. The deal will in the end probably look like something as 90-100 Mil. € fix + 20-30 Mil. € in addons. It will be absolutely secondary if the fix sum will be payed in one installment or multiple ones as this courtesy is not this large negotiation tool journos tried to create in the last few days. we already agreed to a multi payment plan when we sold Dembele to Barca and the guy literally striked his way out of the club. Staggared payment plans are pretty common when it comes to tranfer sums, especially ones of this magnitude. Uniteds desire to pay in two or three payments won´t make or break this deal

The biggest obstacle this deal has is time. Dortmund´s DoF Zorc has the reputation to absolutely loathe selling or signing late in the window as the pre season is viewed as absolutely vital when it comes to player integration. Zorc has already confirmed that the sale of Sancho would make them active on the market again for an offensive midfielder, which will most likely result in a very swift replacement signing to give Sanchos successor the best chances to fill the large boots the latter would leave behind. That is the reason why the deadline is the proper start of Dortmunds pre season.
It's a tough negotiating stance that may well work but both sides know there is room for manoeuvre on such a large deal.

TheReligion

Abusive

Ed has walked away? Source?

swedishgloryhunter

You need to tell Romano and Jan. Ed walked away because he isnt needed at the table. The deal is done and its all about the hype now.

Status
Not open for further replies.