Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

kolli

So it's not unusual for people to go from Switzerland to London and back on the same day for their work, but you're telling me Sancho couldn't be in the UK tomorrow? The flight literally takes less than 2 hours

Hope there is a basis for viewing the deadline as "artificial" otherwise it shows a lack of respect.
It’s a negotiating tactic, and now it’s passing, it has zero effect. It was always going to be artificial given there are nearly 2 months of the transfer window remaining.

Only people on forums took it seriously.

Number32

Youre thinking like a football manager.

Its a business and there will be forecasts on variations in investment return.

120mill is a big sum.
Yeah.. with that money, anyone could bought 3 football clubs like Sunderland then sold the documentary on Netflix or Amazone. The forecast post covid is always bad for business.
I hope Sancho is our player by September, but spending 120 millions for him in this window? It doesn't make sense.

Infra-red

Hope there is a basis for viewing the deadline as "artificial" otherwise it shows a lack of respect.
Dortmund have made a big deal of the deadline - it will be hard for them to publicly climb down from that. My guess is that the press conference Zorc has called for today will be used to say that Sancho is now staying for another year.

That probably won't be the end of it - I can imagine that we might come back in September/October and test their resolve - but it will put the deal on the back burner for a while.

UncleBob

Bit angry. Of course there's plenty of reasons, I just thought we'd get it done early August, but instead it'll probably take a little bit longer. I can't say I'm worried about the deal, it's obviously still on.
It's easy to be a bit frustrated given the potential Sancho represents for the future of the club, a signing that shouldn't be underestimated, and i'd also love the deal to be concluded as early as possible.

But i honestly don't understand those that expected it to be concluded early, or those that don't understand why it's complicated.
Something tickled you lad
Yes, the notion that everything is agreed but we're just allowing Dortmund to sign replacements without anyone understanding why because then Dortmund might get fleeced :lol: Every fecking club in Europe is well aware of Sancho's potential exit from Dortmund. It's real life, it's not like they'll go "Ah, this potential signing has nothing to do with a potential sale of Sancho so we'll give you a special discount"

cyberman

Another year of Lingard/Mata/Pereira on the pitch if an injury happens to the front 3? No thanks.
I dont think its Sancho or nobody comes in.
Its a club thats acting the big bollocks and a player happy to stay if their demands arent met.
Personally, I would have backed out as soon as their 120m or no deal, done by the 10th ultimatum came out. They are in for a shock next summer.

Riz

They’re heading to Switzerland, not the other side of the world. He can catch a 2 hour flight to the UK once everything is agreed.
If the deal was so close as to be announced on Tuesday (tomorrow) then he wouldn’t be heading off to their pre-season camp.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Dortmund have made a big deal of the deadline - it will be hard for them to publicly climb down from that. My guess is that the press conference Zorc has called for today will be used to say that Sancho is now staying for another year.

That probably won't be the end of it - I can imagine that we might come back in September/October and test their resolve - but it will put the deal on the back burner for a while.
Have they publically ever mentioned a deadline to climb down from?

Terminator

Exactly what I think will happen as well. This is going to be dragged out, not ending any time soon.

Martia11

If we meet Dortmund’s asking price post today, both us and Dortmund can claim it as a win. Dortmund got their money and we didn’t stick to their ‘artificial’ deadline.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
For the first time I’m having doubts, you don’t make a press conference to say he’s leaving, muppets help me!

TheReligion

Abusive
Romano has just reiterated that everything agreed with Sancho and it remains down to the clubs. And that he is with Dortmund as to be expected at the moment.

He's adamant the deal still in negotiation.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think ole is saying "we'll see" rather than Tuesday.

Tuesday makes no sense at all.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
For the first time I’m having doubts, you don’t make a press conference to say he’s leaving, muppets help me!
You're absolutely right......;)

This deal won't happen over night. Who's interest is it in being completed today? Dortmund, would have money but other clubs would know they have money. What do people expect? You live in lala land. Just be patient you man child. Does this help? It's a game of cat and mouse. But Dortmund would have work to do also. I agree, they wouldn't announce it unlike United when they sold Ronaldo and were CHEAP....banking most of the money. We just got to wait. We speak to them but they have to work on their deals also. It's a negotiation because we don't want to just hand over the money they're asking'. Even if we knew it would be concluded the moment we did.

Rolaholic

Some perspective

He played in a few of their tune up games before actually signing. Going on preseason doesn't mean much other than the player is stayijg fit pretty much :lol:

No journo has announced anything being off and the foreign journo's haven't said anything about the any deadline stopping anything yet

UncleBob

Some perspective

He played in a few of their tune up games before actually signing. Going on preseason doesn't mean much other than the player is stayijg fit pretty much :lol:

No journo has announced anything being off and the foreign journo's haven't said anything about the any deadline stopping anything yet
It's not much perspective though, it does depend on how far Dortmund actually go in terms of stating he's not for sale.

WPMUFC

Wow that footage of Ole is pretty hilarious. Obviously seems to be talking about cash/money at the very least. Doesn't mean it's Sancho related but it's a very unscripted/unaware moment.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It just proves that all these journalists know feck all. If the deal was "very close" like we keep hearing and they are just working out how the money will be paid there's no way he'd be going on the training camp.

Doesn't mean we won't be getting him but I think it's safe to say the deal isn't close at all right now.

VanGaalEra

If the deal was so close as to be announced on Tuesday (tomorrow) then he wouldn’t be heading off to their pre-season camp.
It wouldn't be announced tomorrow, if they agree a deal, he'll leave camp. Whenever it is. Even if the deal is agreed within the next 5 minutes, the announcement still wouldn't be for another 2-3 days.

Rolaholic

Romano says the same and added that talks have been on for 2 weeks

Also

No one has reported the latter yet

Rooney24

He is under contract to Dortmund at the minute. So going to a trianing camp is kind of an obligation for him contractually.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
You're absolutely right......;)

This deal won't happen over night. Who's interest is it in being completed today? Dortmund, would have money but other clubs would know they have money. What do people expect? You live in lala land. Just be patient you man child. Does this help? It's a game of cat and mouse. But Dortmund would have work to do also. I agree, they wouldn't announce it unlike United when they sold Ronaldo and were CHEAP....banking most of the money. We just got to wait. We speak to them but they have to work on their deals also. It's a negotiation because we don't want to just hand over the money they're asking'. Even if we knew it would be concluded the moment we did.
Alright mate calm down, no need to call me names. Don’t be a dick.

My point is simple though, if they make a press conference saying he stays and the deadline has been missed then is that it? I was just looking for reasons for that not to be the case (tongue in cheek may I add).

Last edited:

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
It's not like he's going to a training camp on the other side of the world like Asia or America. Also I think that they are only there for a week so what significance is there of actually being in the squad? This'll still get done regardless of their own deadlines.

AneRu

I dont think its Sancho or nobody comes in.
Its a club thats acting the big bollocks and a player happy to stay if their demands arent met.
Personally, I would have backed out as soon as their 120m or no deal, done by the 10th ultimatum came out. They are in for a shock next summer.
And we could be in for one too, next summer brings a lot of competition for his signature because his contractual situation would have weakened Dortmund's hand. I could see Chelsea and Liverpool becoming front runners for him, City too if Pep leaves. This is our only chance imo, it's this season or never.

Scholsey2004

Wow that footage of Ole is pretty hilarious. Obviously seems to be talking about cash/money at the very least. Doesn't mean it's Sancho related but it's a very unscripted/unaware moment.
I couldn't help thinking that the gesture people are interpreting as cash waving could easily actually mean 'really big sandwich'. It'd be difficult to view 'really big sandwich' as being significant to the Sancho transfer. Unless it's part of Ed's proposed add ons. Vouchers for Subway maybe?

El Zoido

There’s been no agreement, but it could be close. We don’t know. But until there’s an agreement it’s business as usual for him.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Contract almost ready? He's been saying that was done!

I don't trust anyone reporting on this. Sure people know elements of what's going on, but only the bits both clubs are happy to let slip.

This is turning into a classic Utd saga where the leeches are happy to get their attention based on absolutely nothing. Worst thing is the likes of Woodward positively encouraging the spread of misinformation so he can report positively back to board meetings regarding online traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.