Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief123

He’s shit. He can’t even beat an Iceland full back. We should offer £30m take it or leave it. If not, we should sign Zaha instead.

Yours truthfully,
redcafe

starman

[
Not true. The kicker reported it and that's the most reliable source in Germany you can find. In detail, they reported that the fee including add ons will "as far as it is humanly possible to judge reach 100m with a probability bordering certainty". They further more reported that the add ons are not reliant on titles by Chelsea. Also, The Athletic and co. reported that Havertz was NOT the most expensive transfer in Chelsea's history. Not regarding the initial fee and not after bonuses. This is false, plain and simple, as the statement by Chelsea itself proved.

So we have a very specific and detailed report by the most reliable German news paper that is in line with the reported sums since the beginning of the saga and then there are the sources that speak of a smaller fee which are also detailed but at least partially contain definitely false information. I don't even have a remainder of a doubt that the kicker article is correct :)
Not sure what sort of authority you have to label what is categorically false or correct. Simply put the majority of the media are reporting it at 71m. Until that changes or Chelsea or Leverkusen say differently there is no other reason to think otherwise.
Transfermarkt have it down as 72m. Personally I believe their figures they have for transfers over anyone else

laughtersassassin

[

Not sure what sort of authority you have to label what is categorically false or correct. Simply put the majority of the media are reporting it at 71m. Until that changes or Chelsea or Leverkusen say differently there is no other reason to think otherwise.
Transfermarkt have it down as 72m. Personally I believe their figures they have for transfers over anyone else
Majority doesn't makes something true does it though.....

Chief123

It’s similar to deals like Martial. English media reported it as £36m even though it had realistic add-ons upto £52m.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34107092

No doubt the add ons on Havertz deal are realistically going to be hit.

superdry

touched by a genius
He’s shit. He can’t even beat an Iceland full back. We should offer £30m take it or leave it. If not, we should sign Zaha instead.

Yours truthfully,
redcafe
Many a true word spoken in jest!

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
[

Well, I've got the "authority" to claim that reports suggesting "Havertz is NOT more expensive than Kepa was" are at least partially false after Chelsea called him their record signing themselves. That is not an opinion but a fact and in that case it doesn't matter what you want to think unless you're saying that Chelsea is a less reliable source then The Athletic and co.

And of course transfermarkt has the fee at 72m pound (80m €) because the remaining 18m pound (20m €) are not due yet. They also increase sums once additional fees are due. Further more, transfermarkt isn't a magazine or something like that. They've got no editorial stuff or journalists, they are basically a mixture of WhoScored.net and RedCafe.net. Trust me, I'm posting there since almost 15 years. It's not a professional news portal, the market values on that portal are based on suggestions by forum members like you and me.

You want the sum to be low for whatever reason.

starman

Well, I've got the "authority" to claim that reports suggesting "Havertz is NOT more expensive than Kepa was" are at least partially false after Chelsea called him their record signing themselves. That is not an opinion but a fact and in that case it doesn't matter what you want to think unless you're saying that Chelsea is a less reliable source then The Athletic and co.

And of course transfermarkt has the fee at 72m pound (80m €) because the remaining 18m pound (20m €) are not due yet. They also increase sums once additional fees are due. Further more, transfermarkt isn't a magazine or something like that. They've got no editorial stuff or journalists, they are basically a mixture of WhoScored.net and RedCafe.net. Trust me, I'm posting there since almost 15 years. It's not a professional news portal, the market values on that portal are based on suggestions by forum members like you and me.

You want the sum to be low for whatever reason.
This is a bit ironic coming from a Leverkusen fan going with the minority reporting the larger fee :rolleyes:

I really couldn't care how much they paid, I am not a Chelsea fan, I am simply going with what the majority are reporting

Chief123

The havertz fee doesn’t make a difference and shouldn’t make a difference.

Chelsea aren’t complaining about the fact they’ve had to pay nearly twice as much as we’ve paid for VDB even though VDB is regarded as one of the best young talents in Europe as well.

Is Sancho worth what Dortmund are asking? Based on all the circumstances, yes.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
This is a bit ironic coming from a Leverkusen fan going with the minority reporting the larger fee :rolleyes:

I really couldn't care how much they paid, I am not a Chelsea fan, I am simply going with what the majority are reporting
Maybe the majority in the English media landscape. I understand people believing those sums when they didn't bother getting more information. But you've been pointed to the fact that the reports you choose to go with are proven wrong by Chelsea themselves. You go with the apparent majority although you should know it better by now.

Oh, and one thing I forgot to mention: Transfermarkt is run by the same company that runs the Bild and SportBild papers in Germany. The SportBild itself, presented by Christian Falk, claimed that the sum will reach 100m, too. And they have a worse reputation than the kicker which is the go to reference in Germany. And I've translated for you what those guys posted and how far they went into detail, even reporting on the conditions of the add ons and their likelihood of becoming due.

Really don't get how one can go with a different sum with all that in mind. Weird.

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
The havertz fee doesn’t make a difference and shouldn’t make a difference.

Chelsea aren’t complaining about the fact they’ve had to pay nearly twice as much as we’ve paid for VDB even though VDB is regarded as one of the best young talents in Europe as well.

Is Sancho worth what Dortmund are asking? Based on all the circumstances, yes.
Im not sure, its 20 million above any transfer fee we have ever paid for anyone or anyone in british football has ever paid for anyone

Is that justified?

Gazza

[

this is clearly your first time interacting with Zehner, you should be grateful for his wisdom ;)

Chief123

Im not sure, its 20 million above any transfer fee we have ever paid for anyone or anyone in british football has ever paid for anyone

Is that justified?
Personally my opinion is yes. Most people in the footballing circle and fans who watch a lot of football regard Sancho as the best young player in the world alongside Mbappe.

Every team in the world would desire him. For a player of that nature £108m is absolutely worth it in my eyes. Considering the amount of benefit it brings to us to a major problem area we’ve had for years, absolutely yes.

I’ve always maintained I think Dortmund’s price is relatively fair. It’s not outrageous.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
[

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54034531

''agreed to pay a fee in the region of £71m - including add-ons''

Literary BBC mentioned 71m pounds and add-ons. They haven't reported how much the add ons because they don't know what's included. So what's now? Are you still thinking that there is no add ons even though BBC confirmed it?

Transfermarkt said Sancho had contract until 2022. Turned up they were wrong and changed it last month to 2023. They also still haven't been informed about Havertz fees.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Why has there been nothing in the media about city letting this talent go? When it was Pogba we didn't hear the end of it.

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
Personally my opinion is yes. Most people in the footballing circle and fans who watch a lot of football regard Sancho as the best young player in the world alongside Mbappe.

Every team in the world would desire him. For a player of that nature £108m is absolutely worth it in my eyes. Considering the amount of benefit it brings to us to a major problem area we’ve had for years, absolutely yes.

I’ve always maintained I think Dortmund’s price is relatively fair. It’s not outrageous.
Its not outrageous, thats why were still at the negotiating table, i would value him about 15 million lower and thats including english tax.

Is it not true the agent fee is outrageous on this one?

Chief123

Its not outrageous, thats why were still at the negotiating table, i would value him about 15 million lower and thats including english tax.

Is it not true the agent fee is outrageous on this one?
The price they are asking is probably about right then if his true value is 15m lower. Because we are looking to buy a player they don’t want to sell and are not desperate to hence we would have to pay more than the market price.

No one knows exactly how much the agent fees are or if they are outrageous because we literally have two totally different reports saying agent fees aren’t an issue and others saying they are.

Chief123

Why has there been nothing in the media about city letting this talent go? When it was Pogba we didn't hear the end of it.
That’s because media aren’t bothered about City. They have no fans hence it’s not going to attract many readers.

Truth is he asked to leave as he wanted to play regularly.

Pogba left because Utd felt his agent was troublesome and asking for too many demands.

starman

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54034531

''agreed to pay a fee in the region of £71m - including add-ons''

Literary BBC mentioned 71m pounds and add-ons. They haven't reported how much the add ons because they don't know what's included. So what's now? Are you still thinking that there is no add ons even though BBC confirmed it?
"Including" not "and" as you are interpreting it
The initial fee is being reported as 62m plus 8m addons by Ornstein

Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Has he been any good? I can't find a good stream.

I personally haven't been the most impressed by his International performances that's why holding back my hype a little about him.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Has he been any good? I can't find a good stream.

I personally haven't been the most impressed by his International performances that's why holding back my hype a little about him.
Been ok. Positioning has been good but nothing to write home about.

starman

Maybe the majority in the English media landscape. I understand people believing those sums when they didn't bother getting more information. But you've been pointed to the fact that the reports you choose to go with are proven wrong by Chelsea themselves. You go with the apparent majority although you should know it better by now.

Oh, and one thing I forgot to mention: Transfermarkt is run by the same company that runs the Bild and SportBild papers in Germany. The SportBild itself, presented by Christian Falk, claimed that the sum will reach 100m, too. And they have a worse reputation than the kicker which is the go to reference in Germany. And I've translated for you what those guys posted and how far they went into detail, even reporting on the conditions of the add ons and their likelihood of becoming due.

Really don't get how one can go with a different sum with all that in mind. Weird.
I did get more information, transfermarkt a German based website owned by Axel Springer..

Look I get it, you are a Leverkusen fan, I don't really need to expand on that.

Chief123

The knee jerking is incredible.

Probably the same posters who said Mbappe was shit after the champions league final.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The knee jerking is incredible.

Probably the same posters who said Mbappe was shit after the champions league final.
Let’s get this straight: once we get Sancho, i hope you fanboys don’t trot out all the same excuses that Pogba fanboys do when he is inconsistent or doesn’t live up to his billing?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
"Including" not "and" or "plus" as you are interpreting it
The initial fee is being reported as 62m plus 8m addons by Ornstein
That's the same meaning mate.

What about this now? " Fee just above 70m + add-ons. "

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
That’s about the 10th time I’ve watched Sancho play and I have yet to see him have a decent game. Predictable and repetitive, not particularly quick and totally ineffective today against a bog standard Iceland defence. We have Greenwood for RW, we don’t need to pay 120m for a back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.