Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Womp

idiot
We're not even close to the end game yet. Still weeks to go till October 5th.

Believe! :lol:
Not sure how you all do it, this club makes it extremely fecking difficult to be excited about anything, has completely sucked the fun out of it for me

SwedishFish

Not sure how you all do it, this club makes it extremely fecking difficult to be excited about anything, has completely sucked the fun out of it for me
You'll feel differently when he poses with the number 7 shirt.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
We're gonna drag you over the line with us! We're signing him. Positive vibes.

Irwin99

From a Dortmund perspective, the longer it drags on the less time they have to find a replacement, correct? Or do they already have someone who could take Sancho's place like a youth player coming through the ranks? Losing a 120 million pound player at the last minute wouldn't be ideal for the season ahead.

FizzyWomack

We need to let this one wither away now, I'm tired man

Dont let it get you down mate, its been a long hard road but we shall prevail!

I think we've all had a gut full of this saga now. Only the most strongest muppets are still fully engaging in it.

Take a day off, do something you enjoy and come back when your head is a bit clearer. Thats what I did and then the news broke about a breakthrough in discussions. Give it a go and see what happens :D

Bondi77

From a Dortmund perspective, the longer it drags on the less time they have to find a replacement, correct? Or do they already have someone who could take Sancho's place like a youth player coming through the ranks? Losing a 120 million pound player at the last minute wouldn't be ideal for the season ahead.
But that is the sticking point,
Dortmund won't be losing a 120mil pound player..they will be losing a 75-85mil pound player as far as Utd are concerned.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
They just signed that bloke from Birmingham, Bellend or something

AsonUnique

At this point and seeing other transfers that have happened I don't know how Dortmund turn down 120 even if it is split up. I also don't know if it is worth it for us at this point to spend that much. Would love to know who and how much plan B is? Would love Sancho but if we back out because it is too expensive I am ok with that but we need somebody.

Reiver

At this point and seeing other transfers that have happened I don't know how Dortmund turn down 120 even if it is split up. I also don't know if it is worth it for us at this point to spend that much. Would love to know who and how much plan B is? Would love Sancho but if we back out because it is too expensive I am ok with that but we need somebody.
This is essentially how I feel about it. If we are prepared to put somewhere in the region of £90 to £100 million up front, then I think that is more than reasonable. Equally, Dortmund have every right to knock it back.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It would be far from ideal. Of course the representatives at Dortmund are well aware of this which is why they established a deadline by which a transfer would have had to be finalized.

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Been lurking in this thread solidly since about July... Have been absolutely convinced in both directions during that time but I'm coming out firmly for this being a Thiago/Vidal...

Will still be here every feckin day cos I'm committed now but that's my conclusion. Sadly.

Cathy Ferguson

Did Chelsea pay EUR90m for Havertz? I perfectly understand that we are not prepared to pay 120m for Sancho who is eager to return to England. Is Sancho really the bigger talent?

MrSingh2002

They've signed Reinier from Madrid on a loan. Anyone think that would be the Sancho replacement for the coming season?

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
They just signed that bloke from Birmingham, Bellend or something
Is his name not Birmingham.

Jude Birmingham from Birmingham. So good they retired his number and renamed the club after him.

Very eerie but a good prospect apparently.

Last edited:

wolvored

I cant see anything happening unless Sancho aggravates the situation by stating he wants to leave, or puts a transfer request in. According to the media he doesnt want to do this and would be happy to stay at Dortmund if the transfer doesnt go through. Ole should be thinking how much does Sancho really want to play for Utd, or is he just after an eventual move back to England. We have had enough players just come here or the money.

Riz

Been lurking in this thread solidly since about July... Have been absolutely convinced in both directions during that time but I'm coming out firmly for this being a Thiago/Vidal...

Will still be here every feckin day cos I'm committed now but that's my conclusion. Sadly.
I’m the same now. It’s certainly picked up a bit again recently and I appreciate that our normal form is to brief the press that we’ve walked away when a deal is dead. But my gut instinct is we won’t seal this now, personally think the story is building up towards us saying we’ve agreed everything with Sancho and he wants to come but that Dortmund’s demands are too much, and a deal isn’t possible.

If that’s the case I’d expect us to still have plans to target him next summer (which is very risky I know), and that’s why we won’t splash the cash on an alternative.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I’m the same now. It’s certainly picked up a bit again recently and I appreciate that our normal form is to brief the press that we’ve walked away when a deal is dead. But my gut instinct is we won’t seal this now, personally think the story is building up towards us saying we’ve agreed everything with Sancho and he wants to come but that Dortmund’s demands are too much, and a deal isn’t possible.

If that’s the case I’d expect us to still have plans to target him next summer (which is very risky I know), and that’s why we won’t splash the cash on an alternative.
That would only happen if Sancho himself doesn't push for a move even after agreeing terms with us.

Dempsey19

Genuinely think this one will not happen.
Is his name not Birmingham.

Jude Birmingham from Birmingham. So good they retired his number and renamed the club after him.

Very eerie but a good prospect apparently.
Jude Bellingham is his name. Great prospect. The fact that Dortmund managed to get him and we didnt says alot about us.

Riz

That would only happen if Sancho himself doesn't push for a move even after agreeing terms with us.
What do you mean by pushing for a move? I’m sure he’s made his intentions well known internally already. But there’s no chance of him doing a Dembele.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
What do you mean by pushing for a move? I’m sure he’s made his intentions well known internally already. But there’s no chance of him doing a Dembele.
I mean that he might have to go public if Dortmund do play hardball even after getting a deal that'd satisfy them. It won't have to go as far as him doing a Dembele, but he might express his dissatisfaction a la Aubameyang depending on how Dortmund handle this.

sparx99

He’s a no. 10 mate.
They have other options on the wings even if Sancho leaves. Brandt and Thorgan Hazard.

You’d expect them to go out and get a replacement but I’m not sure they’d definitely have to sign someone especially as they can play 3-5-2 with Reus and Haaland leading the line and attacking wing backs in the side areas.

Amarsdd

Jude Bellingham is his name. Great prospect. The fact that Dortmund managed to get him and we didnt says alot about us.
Yeah, that he'll get regular first team football this season with them and no chance for that with us.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
They have other options on the wings even if Sancho leaves. Brandt and Thorgan Hazard.
While Brandt has played on the left wing a lot in his career he is significantly stronger through the center and has been used there by Favre. Right now Brandt is not a winger and not an option to replace Sancho, even less so on the right wing.

You’d expect them to go out and get a replacement but I’m not sure they’d definitely have to sign someone especially as they can play 3-5-2 with Reus and Haaland leading the line and attacking wing backs in the side areas.
They would definitely have to sign someone, I would even argue they need more depth if Sancho stays. With regards to attacking wing backs, they just lost their most attacking wing back in Hakimi, his replacement Meunier is significantly more defensive. Preseason matches have seen Favre reverting back to a back four, even if a 3-4-3 is still an option.

El-Manos

While Brandt has played on the left wing a lot in his career he is significantly stronger through the center and has been used there by Favre. Right now Brandt is not a winger and not an option to replace Sancho, even less so on the right wing.

They would definitely have to sign someone, I would even argue they need more depth if Sancho stays. With regards to attacking wing backs, they just lost their most attacking wing back in Hakimi, his replacement Meunier is significantly more defensive. Preseason matches have seen Favre reverting back to a back four, even if a 3-4-3 is still an option.
Have ye been linked to any attacking player ?

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Have ye been linked to any attacking player ?
Without wanting to sound smug about it, there is literally nothing. The only rumours are about Bynoe-Gittens a left winger from City that just turned 16. Surely not meant to replace Sancho. Aside from that the squad is set up for the upcoming season and there is zero reports about any further transfer dealings regarding the first team.

Womp

idiot
Without wanting to sound smug about it, there is literally nothing. The only rumours are about Bynoe-Gittens a left winger from City that just turned 16. Surely not meant to replace Sancho. Aside from that the squad is set up for the upcoming season and there is zero reports about any further transfer dealings regarding the first team.
Ties into what Falk has reported, that Dortmund will let him go if the price is met due to their promise to the player, but they genuinely don't believe we will end up paying what they want, hence no pressing need to pursue a replacement

El-Manos

This will have to be concluded in the next week or 2. I can’t see Dortmund selling after that to be honest. IF a deal is happening I would imagine both clubs want this concluded in the next 14 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.