Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just seems like another way of stretching out the payments. I’d imagine they will all be pretty achievable anyway. I dont think they’d turn down the chance to get the correct fee, they’d only have under three months till they could buy a replacement.

If they were as smart as people think they are, then they should have a replacement already.
Agree. He’s been up for sale all summer. It’s not as if they are saying he can’t go.

Chief123

Isn't this overly cheerful stuff just his (public) personality?
There's another video a couple of weeks ago which I can't find now where he was being so aggressive and patronising because of Utd missing the deadline. It was actually cringe to watch.

croadyman

It just seems like another way of stretching out the payments. I’d imagine they will all be pretty achievable anyway. I dont think they’d turn down the chance to get the correct fee, they’d only have under three months till they could buy a replacement.

If they were as smart as people think they are, then they should have a replacement already.
Surely this deal would have been agreed by now if they didn't have any issue with addons included

lilcurt

If I had to take one of Zaha or Depay I would go for Zaha, has done it in the BPL and it more a winger which is what we need.

My only hope for Sancho is that we aren't hearing anything concrete on alternatives which suggests we must have hope.

I just wouldn't have faith in this board completing a 5 piece Jigsaw!

elnorte

Freaky fly day
I can't quite wrap my head round why people think that signing Sancho for the full 120 million Euros would signify us 'winning'. It would just mean that Dortmund had played us like a violin.

croadyman

I can't quite wrap my head round why people think that signing Sancho for the full 120 million Euros would signify us 'winning'. It would just mean that Dortmund had played us like a violin.
We aren't paying it in one go

Amarsdd

For those who wondered why Jan Aage Fjortoft gets so much beef, this video might give you an idea. He is so smug about the Sancho saga.

Smugness is basically main requirement for that job more than football knowledge in ESPN. If it is directed against United then its a huge plus.

Dan_F

Surely this deal would have been agreed by now if they didn't have any issue with addons included
Nah I just meant that I don’t understand our point of view on it. Unless we had add ons like winning the Ballon Dor, or winning the CL, we might as well just offer it all in instalments to get it done.

Most add ons we seem to do is stupid stuff like 50 appearances.

forevrared

The only way to win is to sign the player - and to Dortmund's credit, they've seemingly been upfront the whole time in saying its 120m or he doesn't leave. We've shown our hand too many times now. we'll dither about trying to negotiate a firm price down, fail, and pay up in the end. As soon as Judge/Woodward agreed to 80m for Maguire, they lost a lot of bargaining power moving forward.

WPMUFC

I'm off the Muppet train. Looking back, we wanted a cheap signing for midfield depth, now the door is shut. They won't spend another cent.
Probably the most embarassing part of this whole saga was actually briefing we agreed a deal with Sancho a month after BVB said no deal. Woodward looks like an even bigger fool than he did in the Fellaini window with that recent brief. He did it for nothing more than social media clicks. For shame.

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I have to admire the muppets who are sticking to their guns in this. You're all rock solid.

The ONLY thing that gives me a tiny bit of hope is our complete lack of other transfer activity. It does suggest we've stuck all our eggs in the Sancho basket

Rock solid muppets, I salute you but I've basically given up.

El-Manos

I’m not saying he is coming for sure but negative posters like you are becoming really annoying. If you are certain he’s staying in Dortmund why even bother to open this thread?
Do your homework before you launch an attack Freddie. I was very optimistic until last week, however, Simon Stone has said it's off. When Simon Stone says it's off, that means we're done.

Chief123

I have to admire the muppets who are sticking to their guns in this. You're all rock solid.

The ONLY thing that gives me a tiny bit of hope is our complete lack of other transfer activity. It does suggest we've stuck all our eggs in the Sancho basket

Rock solid muppets, I salute you but I've basically given up.
Hang in there buddy. Not long left now. This will be done. Utd transfer negotiations read like the same book every transfer now. It's so common it's actually boring now. But it always gets forgotten because we end up giving the fans what they wanted.

Chief123

Do your homework before you launch an attack Freddie. I was very optimistic until last week, however, Simon Stone has said it's off. When Simon Stone says it's off, that means we're done.
Sorry to hear you're leaving. Wish you all the best for the future.

mu4c_20le

Where did he say it's off? His last tweet on the matter was that there's three weeks to go.

El-Manos

He didn't say it. The poster is just feeling a little emotional. Gone all irrational. Bless him.
I'll be quoting you in three week when this is all over and you will be sharing my frustration regarding our utter incompetence.

hungrywing

I have been saying since he arrived that Woodward is toxic - he is poison to the club. He’s no moron; he’s an expert in certain kinds of deals, apparently, takeovers and the like. But he’s (1) a Glazer puppet, only with pretensions. He (2) thinks he knows about football; and (3) he thinks he is smarter than football people. This combination has cost United dear, and will end up costing the Glazers. Only they are too ignorant and full of themselves to see that.

Woodward briefs bullshit. He undermines managers. He boasts when he should shut up. He’s an embarrassment
Bolded parts are narcissistic behavior patterns. Plus how he dealt with Evra and Rio, Klopp, etc. Literally everyone in the footballing world will have at least some - if not complete and utter - contempt for him. This is not the kind of person you want representing you in any field. Sticking it to a person like this becomes a point of principle among industry veterans.

A few people on here did try to warn others that United's financials did not make for pretty reading. They were largely drowned out in a sea of muppetry. Our big spending days are behind us. Unfortunately, we mostly squandered our advantage in that regard.
There's also been a fair few people pointing out that it would help the forum to have this information stickied. Even in this thread there are posters going 'jUsT rEleAsE tHe FuNDs U sTuPid GlaZeRs'

Woodward and Judge's insecurity (and their very possibly being in cahoots with the debt-holders) leading to overpaying players has added about 100m to the wage bill. If they hadn't done that, we'd be pretty healthy. (They'd still be clueless in recruitment, of course)

I have always felt they weren't looking for £108m up front and would be happy to accept it in either 2 or 3 instalments but for a fixed figure and not involving any kind of bonuses or addons which Utd seem to be obsessed with trying to include in this deal. I do believe there will also come a point where they will simply say it doesn't matter if you pay us the asking price we haven't got enough time to get a replacement so he is staying.
Based on the recent Romano tweet about the deal having been very close in late July, along with all the "70+30+20" tweets (journos catching whiff of the structure and how 'close' it was and trying to be 'right'), I think that was true. Unfortunately what's also looking true is the story that the intermediaries struck an agreement around that time only for Woodward to try to undercut.

Chief123

I'll be quoting you in three week when this is all over and you will be sharing my frustrating regarding our utter incompetence.
Happy to be quoted my friend. We will be rejoicing in the arrival of Sancho together. Sadly, we are losing passengers on the train in the meantime. Our club is terribly incompetent. But they hide it by splashing silly money.

FreddieTheReddie

I’m trying to do my homework but the last tweet I found regarding United is this from Monday:

“United want a wide player. Few options if Dortmund don’t relent on Sancho but three weeks to go.”

When did he say it’s off?

Matriac

Gonna be electric innit when Sancho bombs down our wing to put in that perfect crosser where Rashy and Greenwood fights to be the last man on the ball.
Properly chuffed for it!

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I think Zaha is a fall-back option that we should seriously be considering.
Talking to my Palace mate this morning, he has heard rumours that Dortmund have an interest in Zaha....wouldn't that be ironic, if we got a 25% cut of that fee...?!?!?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Happy to be quoted my friend. We will be rejoicing in the arrival of Sancho together. Sadly, we are losing passengers on the train in the meantime. Our club is terribly incompetent. But they hide it by splashing silly money.
Am here til the end!

Last edited:

lilcurt

Talking to my Palace mate this morning, he has heard rumours that Dortmund have an interest in Zaha....wouldn't that be ironic, if we got a 25% cut of that fee...?!?!?
This was reported awhile back, don't think he fits there profile either. He also struggled to settle in Manchester and was homesick, good luck in Germany.

Chief123

Am here til the end!
I hear you brother. I'm beginning to know the names off by heart of all the people on the train as there are so few now! The train will be very busy when positive news of the transfer breaks out in the coming days.

Matriac

I hear you brother. I'm beginning to know the names off by heart of all the people on the train as there are so few now! The train will be very busy when positive news of the transfer breaks out in the coming days.
We should almost collect some sort of screenshot like of the Ole in poll back in January.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
All the naysayers don't deserve to celebrate with us when Sancho day is finally upon us.

Chief123

We should almost collect some sort of screenshot like of the Ole in poll back in January.
All the naysayers don't deserve to celebrate with us when Sancho day is finally upon us.
This has the hallmarks of January 2020. It's deja vu. Utter despair from fans due to shocking results on the field and then Glazers dragging us right to the brink before finally succumbing at the end of the month by handing us Bruno to take us off life support machine and letting us live another day!

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
That's not what he said though - it's literally right there in the post that it's been known for over a year that we want Sancho.

And big money transfers don't always happen near the end of a transfer window. United announced the Ronaldo sale on June 11 back then, a couple of weeks after the CL final. And Madrid had already wrapped Kaká up by then.
We might be wanting him for over a year but did we know that we will be in the CL up until we faced Leicester? We didn't know the outcome of the EL and we certainly didn't know the impact covid has had.

That's why it makes it so unreasonable asking to stump up 120m just 2 weeks after our season ended.

It took chelsea time to sign Havertz, Koulibaly is still ongoing negotiations. This is not an ordinary summer.

bdspeedy

We are owned and run by inept grifters. They remind me of a line in a poem by Ewan McTeagle. "Lend us a couple of bob till Thursday. I'm absolutely skint. But I'm expecting a postal order and I can pay you back as soon as it comes."

Hoof the ball

"........because I believed in you, like I believe in each and every one of you muppets!!!"

"You know, for years I’ve been telling you guys not to take no for an answer, to keep posting, to not close the cafe tab ‘til you get what you want. This deal we're about to sign, barring us from the signing Sancho, barring me from posting on this muppets haven, my home… What the f*** is that? I’ll tell you what it is, it’s me being an anti-muppet. It’s me taking no for an answer. It’s them briefing me, not the other way around!"

.........dramatic pause.....

"You know what? I’m not leaving. I’m not leaving… I’m not f****** leaving!

THE THREAD GOES ON!

macheda14

We might be wanting him for over a year but did we know that we will be in the CL up until we faced Leicester? We didn't know the outcome of the EL and we certainly didn't know the impact covid has had.

That's why it makes it so unreasonable asking to stump up 120m just 2 weeks after our season ended.

It took chelsea time to sign Havertz, Koulibaly is still ongoing negotiations. This is not an ordinary summer.
But surely we had been speaking to them in the expectation that we would get CL. The price shouldn’t have been a surprise.

TrustInOle

I remember when there was interest in players in the past and we didn't stop believing until the window shut, pulling off some brilliant last day deals. It's not over till the window shuts.

Also less stressful when you don't focus on finding every piece of news. :D Have faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.