Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Whenever we walk away from deals, like Griezmann or Dybala, we always make sure to announce it via our media mouthpieces, something we haven't done yet. We constantly keep giving briefs that RW is a priority, which indicates we are gonna keep trying until the end. Whether we succeed or not time will tell.

Regarding, Bayern's demolition, I'm actually getting a bit tired of people on here pretending that Dortmund are actually some kind of threat to Bayern. With or without Sancho, Dortmund are not gonna win the league, so what Bayern do has nothing to do with this deal.
Bayern will still win the league if he stays you're right. But the gap will be a lot bigger if he leaves you'd feel. Fans don't tend to react well to the gap increasing. They want it to close.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Bayern will still win the league if he stays you're right. But the gap will be a lot bigger if he leaves you'd feel. Fans don't tend to react well to the gap increasing. They want it to close.
Haha then the caf is going to be a horrendous place to be for the coming season.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
This. I don't understand how the other bigger clubs wrap up their deals days after the window opens or sometimes even before (Werner, Ziyech, Ake, Torres etc) and yet united take forever. Take for example Havertz at Chelsea. Yes that took longer than the above mentioned deals, but there was no saga, it dragged on a couple of weeks and then was signed, Havertz was in training and able to start the first game of the season. Surely United knew the asking price for Sancho before this window opened, they also must have known what they are willing to pay so what is the point in dragging it out for months only to get fleeced in October for a player who has no pre-season with the team and comes into a squad 3/4 games into its season, all for the same price as you could have had him at the start of August? Makes absolutely no business sense.
They don't. It's crazy people are even suggesting Chelsea acted swiftly when signing Ziyech. They tried to sign him in January and failed. If we failed to pick up Bruno in Jan but agreed a deal at the same time as Chelsea did for Ziyech, would we be saying the club did an incredible job signing the player so early, or would we be pissed off we didn't sign him in January?

Torres signed AFTER we completed the deal for Van De Beek. But he's on your list?

If you actually look at the last ten players we've signed as an example, then you'll see the vast majority of them come in early. We are no different to any other club, despite the persistence to push this fallacy that we always act late.

Suvvernmanc

Post #43,624 (page 1091) will be the magic number for the caf record by the way.

This saga will get us all the way to 4000 pages wont it. :(

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
C'mon mate. They've lost the likes of Lewandowski, Hummels and Gotze to Bayern. I'm sure their fans will survive. They know their standing in the game.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It's been a highly annoying saga for sure, the biggest gripe has been how far the club has fallen and as other clubs spend big United seem to be standing back.

Even Liverpool who are apparently poor now have 3 signings meaning they can push on all fronts.
Which rival clubs have signed big this window? We've got Chelsea, who signed no one last window and were banned the window before, and they're still sitting on more than £100m they got for Hazard. Who else?

Fun fact: As things stand, only Chelsea have a bigger net spend than us this window when it comes to top 6 clubs.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
C'mon mate. They've lost the likes of Lewandowski, Hummels and Gotze to Bayern. I'm sure their fans will survive. They know their standing in the game.
Weren't a few of them free transfers though? Dortmund had no say.

I don't think Dortmund are as pathetic of a club as some make out. They, like us, will want to try and close the gap to the top. For us it's City n Liverpool and for them it's obviously Bayern.

This deal doesn't seem like it's on at all to me. Maguire felt inevitable. This one doesn't feel anything like it does it?

United58

I don't think Dortmund are as pathetic of a club as some make out. They, like us, will want to try and close the gap to the top. For us it's City n Liverpool and for them it's obviously Bayern.

This deal doesn't seem like it's on at all to me. Maguire felt inevitable. This one doesn't feel anything like it does it?
I still think they value profits over trophies (like the Glazers) and would be happy to sell if we put £108m on the negotiating table. Not sure we will though

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I still think they value profits over trophies (like the Glazers) and would be happy to sell if we put £108m on the negotiating table. Not sure we will though
I think it's more how they treat their players. They don't stop them leaving if that's their wish. They just demand top dollar.

But they don't go out of their way to sell them clearly like some suggest.

Are we going to pay 108m? Can't see it.

LisburnWhite

Then put your little hand in mine
There ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb
Babe
I got you babe
I got you babe

OK, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties cause it's cold out there. It's cold out there every day.

"Happy Sancho day, again"

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

My point was that their fans didn't turn on the board even when they allowed their best players to leave directly for Bayern.

I'm not calling Dortmund pathetic. But there is an established football hierarchy and unless you manage to procure a sugar daddy, most clubs have to abide by that hierarchy. Dortmund as a club know they are a fantastic place for grooming young talent, playing exciting football and then selling that talent for top dollar. There's nothing pathetic about it, it's just the way they operate.

This deal is not straight forward because Dortmund have a set price which we are struggling to pay. It's not because we can't convince Dortmund to sell, it's because we can't convince Dortmund to sell at the price we can afford.

For what it's worth, I do think ultimately we will cough up the asking price, because we have left ourselves with no alternatives, something identical to what happened with Maguire.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Whatever we do we're still going to be seen by everyone as idiots in regard to transfers so get it over with and pay the fecking money.

Eplel

Then put your little hand in mine
There ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb
Babe
I got you babe
I got you babe

OK, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties cause it's cold out there. It's cold out there every day.

"Happy Sancho day, again"
Chance of signing Sancho today...0.1 per cent.

Kuba

What pisses me of the most is not that we didn't sign Sancho (yet) but the fact that getting CL place gives us 60 ish mln and also we didn't get punished by adidas and chevy for not getting to CL few times in a row. So that is around 100 mln and we can not afford to pay BvB what they ask for.

If we fail to finish in top 4, and lose those 100 mln, he will be here already and then somehow the money won't be a problem.

If you add to that 50 ish mln saved from Sanchez wages it just does not make any sense...

As long as United will earn enough to pay their debts, and pay dividends they will be happy, if we start to earn less being poor in terms of performances then this will be only reason to invest.

Our needs (fans) and their are totally different.

I don't know what is the difference in terms of income between finishing 3 in PL and going out in 1/8 or 1/4 of CL versus winning both trophies but unless its worth more than 108 mln plus wages it looks like its not likely to happen.

So from Ole POV getting us playing that well in the restart gives him lesser chance to strengthen our team. So to build a better team and play the way he and we want he need to play bad...

A Little like Grealish helping Villa stay in PL and blocking his transfer to a better team because of his value sky rocket after that.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Whatever we do we're still going to be seen by everyone as idiots in regard to transfers so get it over with and pay the fecking money.
I'm not happy either with how it's panned out, but if United do get a player like Telles and Sancho before the second game of the season it's not awful considering VdB, Sancho and Telles.

Come the end of the season pundits and fans won't be talking about when the transfers happened (so long as it is the summer), as long as the targets are obtained.

Sancho, Telles, VdB and a season for all the squad the target would be to win a trophy.

The following year it feels like there would need to be a CB and a CDM and a few squad players, but the squad is looking very good if this summers targets are obtained.

Toad

This saga got tedious weeks ago. Even if this does develop towards the end of the transfer window it still leaves us with a potential of three Premier League games without him. He would not completely transform us but could be that difference between a win and a draw. Those vital points could be what we look back on at the end of the season and ultimately know who to point the finger at.

Roma are selling one of their big players. Then they can afford Smalling. Then we can afford Sancho. Feels like theres a big chain going on here.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What pisses me of the most is not that we didn't sign Sancho (yet) but the fact that getting CL place gives us 60 ish mln and also we didn't get punished by adidas and chevy for not getting to CL few times in a row. So that is around 100 mln and we can not afford to pay BvB what they ask for.

If we fail to finish in top 4, and lose those 100 mln, he will be here already and then somehow the money won't be a problem.

If you add to that 50 ish mln saved from Sanchez wages it just does not make any sense...

As long as United will earn enough to pay their debts, and pay dividends they will be happy, if we start to earn less being poor in terms of performances then this will be only reason to invest.

Our needs (fans) and their are totally different.

I don't know what is the difference in terms of income between finishing 3 in PL and going out in 1/8 or 1/4 of CL versus winning both trophies but unless its worth more than 108 mln plus wages it looks like its not likely to happen.

So from Ole POV getting us playing that well in the restart gives him lesser chance to strengthen our team. So to build a better team and play the way he and we want he need to play bad...

A Little like Grealish helping Villa stay in PL and blocking his transfer to a better team because of his value sky rocket after that.
You only get the entirety of that money in June 2021 and it depends on our results in the competition.

JPRouve

Scout
Roma are selling one of their big players. Then they can afford Smalling. Then we can afford Sancho. Feels like theres a big chain going on here.
Roma just signed Kumbulla, are they still after Smalling?

United58

I actually think we're in a "sell before we can buy" scenario and think we'll get it over the line once a few more leave

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
This saga got tedious weeks ago. Even if this does develop towards the end of the transfer window it still leaves us with a potential of three Premier League games without him. He would not completely transform us but could be that difference between a win and a draw. Those vital points could be what we look back on at the end of the season and ultimately know who to point the finger at.
Will have saved a whole 2 weeks wages though!

:)

JPRouve

Scout
I think Smalling is staying at United next season honestly. Roma probably felt United were asking too much for him.
They probably did since the CB that they brought is through a two years loan with a purchase option.

Kuba

You only get the entirety of that money in June 2021 and it depends on our results in the competition.
Yeah i know i didn't mean it will add 60 mln the minute we get that spot burning our wallet but my point was we will still get it sooner or later and if we fail to get CL spot we would never get any of that and still somehow our transfer budget would be bigger then it is now.

:lol:

You had to resort to calling someone a cretin to make your point. What an amateur. Better try reddit if you can't get any better than this.

Thiago and Kroos deals were not fancied by the respective managers.

Missing out on Klopp has nothing to do with the finance team, it was because the CEO couldn't sell the club properly to a proper manager.

Signing Sanchez was lauded by everyone at that time but moaners like you will use hindsight to death and try to make a useless point. It has nothing to with the finance dept again. The board was comfortable giving those wages to a 'then' great player Sanchez and you can't really blame them for Sanchez's poor form. But yeah keep moaning.

Fellaini can't be justified but it's more on the transfer planning committee I would say, which couldn't get Moyes the first choice targets he wanted.

Of course I have my fair share of problems with the negotiators and CEO and I bash them all the time. But I won't sit here behind a keyboard pretending to know better than people whose job is to manage millions on a daily basis.
We’ve made a lot of mistakes. However Fellaini is firmly on Moyes. He was insistent on a double deal of Fellaini and Baines, and we pursued that instead of just going for Fellaini at his release clause.

Seriously? Questions have to be asked as to why we didn’t just immediately pay a 108m quid British transfer record during a global pandemic back in August when there is a big black hole in our finances? We’re probably still finding out the impact on sponsorship deals/TV deals and worst case scenario planning what a further stoppage would mean to us let alone the 140m already gone if crowds don’t come back this season. City still haven’t signed Koulibaly, Liverpool have only just found the cash to sign Thiago for 20m...I’m all for criticising how things have gone the last 8 years but maybe we can cut the club a bit of slack on this one.

Sancho, a left back and Donny is a fantastic window and would be 3/5 signings we need to go into next season challenging. This is a marathon not a sprint.
Very sensible post. It’s as if a large proportion of favs don’t understand that this pandemic will gave an impact on everyone’s finances for a generation. There is an incredible amount of uncertainty, which is still there. The north of England is pretty much in lockdown. United lose £5m every game that’s played behind closed doors.

This is in no way a normal summer, yet people seemingly ignore the blindingly obvious implications that corona is having on our finances in the short and long term.

Josep Dowling

It’s funny how some United fans belittle Dortmund. They attracted Haaland and Bellingham ahead of us. Been in a Champions League final more recently than us and qualify for the tournament every season.

JPRouve

Scout
Yeah i know i didn't mean it will add 60 mln the minute we get that spot burning our wallet but my point was we will still get it sooner or later and if we fail to get CL spot we will never get any of that and still somehow our transfer budget will be bigger then it is now.
But in the mean time a lost of cash did get into our accounts due to the pandemic, several payments have been delayed in particular PL TV and prize money. And other clubs don't have to agree to taking less cash today because they will have it in 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.