Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Must admit, I have so little faith in the club, I feel we would turn Messi into Bosko Balaban.

Temper your expectations cafers, even if we do get him in, I am concerned we will still be abject.

croadyman

Must admit, I have so little faith in the club, I feel we would turn Messi into Bosko Balaban.

Temper your expectations cafers, even if we do get him in, I am concerned we will still be abject.
Just getting him looks a near impossible task this late in the window never mind worrying about how he would play.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
And Dan James played primarily on the left in the season before we bought him, so probably shouldn't count either.

The last actual right winger we bought was Antonio Valencia in 2009, which is mad.
Who we then turned into a right back! We’ve needed a right winger since 2013, it’s absolutely insane that a club our size can neglect such a gaping whole for so long.

croadyman

Who we then turned into a right back! We’ve needed a right winger since 2013, it’s absolutely insane that a club our size can neglect such a gaping whole for so long.
We had a similar long standing issue in CM after Keane left the club as well

Womp

idiot

I think even if we pay up now, they'll still hold firm, think we've left it too late (assuming we didn't give up on this ages ago)

What a pointless, exhausting saga

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Optimistic view: you need threads like this to make the epic ones worthwhile! Think of the next big one that rumbles on and we get the player; we'll look back and know we struggled through the forum's longest ever thread to get there!

Stretender

I think even if we pay up now, they'll still hold firm, think

I think even if we pay up now, they'll still hold firm, think we've left it too late (assuming we didn't give up on this ages ago)

What a pointless, exhausting saga
Take a break. Same guy said we had Thiago in the bag. Why listen to every other noise on Twitter?

RRCE

There’s no chance this deal will happen now. It was there to be done. We secured Champions League football. Sancho was willing to join. There was no real competition for his signature. United knew the price. Still, the club managed to mess it up.

Even if we offered up the asking price now, it’s too late. Dortmund won’t be made to look like fools at this point. They are happy keeping the player knowing they’ll get just as much, if not more, in a year (or two). Sancho isn’t throwing a tantrum to force the move, and has been witness to a tremendous amount of negativity surrounding the club. He and his agent must have doubts about how United are run, and their ability / ambition to truly build a winning team.

With what our rivals have done, finishing outside of the top four is probably more likely than not. No CL football, combined with competition for his signature, and United are dead in the water.

Its time to accept it and move on.

Cliche Guevara

Take a break. Same guy said we had Thiago in the bag. Why listen to every other noise on Twitter?
What the feck is wrong with people Tweeting journalists like they’re your pals?

Only a few days ago he asks about Thiago and gets told Liverpool can’t afford him and United are going to bid. Thiago signs for Liverpool hours later (probably already arranged ages before that).

Undeterred a few days later the same guy goes back to ask about Sancho!

Absolutely no acknowledgement of the Thiago utter bullshit.

Womp

idiot
Dortmund's execs, Romano, Falk, Cooper etc. all think there is almost no chance this happens. Not to add, Hazard is now injured as well and they will have almost no time to get in a replacement for Sancho if he leaves. You're either extremely positive or extremely naive if you think there is any chance of this happening. We are struggling to justify paying 20m for a LB ffs, do you honestly think this board has the ambition to justify breaking the British transfer record during a pandemic period. The unwarranted positivity from fans such as yourself is music to the Glazer's ears; let's convince them we are still interested, despite clear evidence to suggest we have no interest in paying what is required, so it takes attention off the fact that we are spending feck all to close the gap elsewhere too

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Dortmund's execs, Romano, Falk, Cooper etc. all think there is almost no chance this happens. Not to add, Hazard is now injured as well and they will have almost no time to get in a replacement for Sancho if he leaves. You're either extremely positive or extremely naive if you think there is any chance of this happening. We are struggling to justify paying 20m for a LB ffs, do you honestly think this board has the ambition to justify breaking the British transfer record during a pandemic period. The unwarranted positivity from fans such as yourself is music to the Glazer's ears; let's convince them we are still interested, despite clear evidence to suggest we have no interest in paying what is required, so it takes attention off the fact that we are spending feck all to close the gap elsewhere too
Many of us have said that if Dortmund actually want to sell and United's strategy is brinksmanship, then both clubs are simply acting out a game of poker. which will be resolved in the final week with BVB accepting less or United paying what BVB have demanded.

I've thought this all along, so it makes no sense for me to change my mind now.

We may also be totally wrong, and have been duped by Woodward, but none of us will know that until deadline day. Berbatov and Maguire are two examples to show this happens a lot at our club and many other clubs at lower price points.

If we don't sign him, and the other signings are not deemed acceptable, the wrath against the Glazers will start from October 5th. The Moyes and Mourinho final window debacles are still very fresh in the memory, and the fans will never turn on OGS for this, so who knows what that that anger will look like.

Last edited:

patty123

If we don't sign him, and the other signings are not deemed acceptable, the wrath against the Glazers will start from October 5th. The Moyes and Mourinho final window debacles are still very fresh in the memory, and the fans will never turn on OGS for this, so who knows what that that anger will look like.
Well they have being verbally abused, had effigies of themselves burned, Ed balls gaff was paid a visit, we had the green and gold, we had marches and 15 yrs later they are still here, so the anger will look the same it has for 15 yrs, pointless.

As lets get real, unless you go to the most extreme (you know what I mean) they are going no where any time soon sadly to say.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Well they have being verbally abused, had effigies of themselves burned, Ed balls gaff was paid a visit, we had the green and gold, we had marches and 15 yrs later they are still here, so the anger will look the same it has for 15 yrs, pointless.

As lets get real, unless you go to the most extreme (you know what I mean) they are going no where any time soon sadly to say.
Then we will have to vote with our pockets. Im close to done as it is.

patty123

Then we will have to vote with our pockets. Im close to done as it is.
The problem with that as seen in the early days of their reign of terror while the green and gold was stronger than it is now, people will still buy merchandise, go to games out of misplaced loyalty to the team and players and not the tossers.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I thought I was done last season. Couple weeks in i'd resigned myself to being stuck with the club.
I’ve stopped my satellite subs and put up with streams since 2 years ago. Consciously don’t spend a penny that can get to the Glazers either.

If we organised, it’s something that would hurt the Glazers a lot. Especially as a new TV deal is being negotiated in some time this season.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The problem with that as seen in the early days of their reign of terror while the green and gold was stronger than it is now, people will still buy merchandise, go to games out of misplaced loyalty to the team and players and not the tossers.
I think many match going fans have ‘weaned my themselves from going to the match. IF we could organise with a unified powerful message, I’m sure the collective could convince them to hold out a while longer until we got our club back.

If fans are serious about getting Glazers out, it has to be through denying them our money. No other way.

caid

I’ve stopped my satellite subs and put up with streams since 2 years ago. Consciously don’t spend a penny that can get to the Glazers either.

If we organised, it’s something that would hurt the Glazers a lot. Especially as a new TV deal is being negotiated in some time this season.
I haven't been giving them money for years. My point was more that no matter how shit and terrible we become i'll still be a supporter, I can't not care about the club.
Unless i just stop watching football all together which is possible i guess

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I mean at this point I'd be surprised if Sancho wanted to join United given the dross we've been serving in the last few games. The transfer management structure at United needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom. Ed needs to leave soon after.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I haven't been giving them money for years. My point was more that no matter how shit and terrible we become i'll still be a supporter, I can't not care about the club.
Unless i just stop watching football all together which is possible i guess
I can also never stop supporting the club. I thought it would seriously wane after Fergie but Im still here just like you!

The message needs to be that true fans are doing this to save the club they love: its short term pain from us for long term gain (suggestion I made in another thread)

Leethal

When has it actually been confirmed that we've actually even been in for Sancho? Or what makes everyone think it's going to happen, aside from wishful thinking from supporters?

Dodgy journalists, (that are typically full of shit as proven many times in the past), making articles for clicks/likes?

United not flat out denying it?

I don't get how everyone is so convinced this is happening, let a lone a done deal.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
When has it actually been confirmed that we've actually even been in for Sancho? Or what makes everyone think it's going to happen, aside from wishful thinking from supporters?

Dodgy journalists, (that are typically full of shit as proven many times in the past), making articles for clicks/likes?

United not flat out denying it?

I don't get how everyone is so convinced this is happening, let a lone a done deal.
Or course we've been in for him. But we're not getting him this summer and people are living off attachment and hope now. There's been no development for ages and we've lost the opportunity this window IMO

Greck

At this point I'd rather we do this than blow our nut on one player that won't fix our defense.
This. Stop wasting time on this videogame transfer and move on to alternatives. We might be the only club that constantly risks its seasons doing this. Even Real Madrid the biggest muppets in football know to have a contingency plan

reelworld

And I’m not saying we should buy him. However the idea that we can find a hidden gem, certainly of quality enough to be first xi is just impossible nowadays.

for me the only sensible alternative is perisic and buy a chance/lb
not really. You don't need to find someone who cost 12-15 million to become world beater. There are excellent players who can improve this team to no end with 30-50 million range.
Juventus did it with Kulusevski, who look class everytime I see him for 30 million. Hell, Chelsea brought Ziyech and Pulisic for the cost of 1 Sancho. Either one of them would improve this United team considerably.

There are value in the market if you do your due dilligence. The fact that United act like they're being bankrolled by oil money and baulked when they have to pay premium is laughable.
If you don't have the money then be creative. If you have the money then go for it

amolbhatia50k

Feel the club have royally messed up.
Same. Our rivals must be enjoying this as well. We looked all set to bag one of Europe's elite talents and then spent 2 months unable to agree a fee with the club, all the while bringing in just the one player and not being linked to any other really top drawer players either. The likes Telles etc are fine but we aren't closing the gap anytime soon with signings like these.

A monumentally bad effort from Woodward and co this far. Two weeks to save it. But I don't have much faith in the tank.

Leethal

Or course we've been in for him. But we're not getting him this summer and people are living off attachment and hope now. There's been no development for ages and we've lost the opportunity this window IMO
That didn't answer my question.

How do you actually know that we're in for him? A hunch? Unreliable journalists saying we are? What reliable source of information have we had? Just think about it: There's been no official bid to report, just speculation constantly. These journalists are full of shit, as they prove over and over again. I hold no stock in anything they say, at all, as it's completely unreliable. And that's what everyone is basing Sancho off of, journalistic bull shit and dodgy reports from twitter nobodies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

How do you actually know that we're in for him? A hunch? Unreliable journalists saying we are? What reliable source of information have we had? Just think about it: There's been no official bid to report, just speculation constantly. These journalists are full of shit, as they prove over and over again. I hold no stock in anything they say, at all, as it's completely unreliable. And that's what everyone is basing Sancho off of, journalistic bull shit and dodgy reports from twitter nobodies.
Are we considering BBC as BS source? Simon Stone reported our interest and us dealing with player and agent.

Leethal

Are we considering BBC as BS source? Simon Stone reported our interest and us dealing with player and agent.
Of course it's a bull shit source. There's many instances in the past where the clowns in the media are wrong; and that includes the BBC. Until I see a bid announced for Sancho by either us or Dortmund, I dismiss everything as hyperbolic heresy. I've been around far too long to naively believe anything these idiots spout off to generate media clicks.

And that's the problem with this generation of social media driven fans. They work themselves into a frenzy based on ambiguous comments made by journalists, and a couple of twitter nobodies "reporting" nonsense, and then when it doesn't come to fruition, they're left disappointed and feel somehow betrayed.

[EDIT] That's not to say we may/may not have been dealing with Sancho. Who the feck knows? But I know one thing, I'm not buying into the hype until something concrete materialises. I've been down this road before.

amolbhatia50k

Complete and pointless generalisation.

MDFC Manager

I don't think we'll go back for him, it's done. For one he isn't as bothered about coming here as it was made out and also we've probably come across as an absolute joke. Somebody else, Chelsea or Liverpool probably, will come in and swiftly get a deal done next summer.
Not just that, I now doubt we'd make top 4 this season.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Its a must watch for any fan. You need to see it for yourself because he covers so many topics and gives you an inside view as to how the club was run before vs. how it is run by idiots now.

He is very diplomatic about it. Doesn't blame Ed entirely. Just that they aren't footballing men. We went from sending SAF and David Gill to sending lawyers and accountants to close deals.

He pours his heart out. Clearly he is hurting like most of us fans are.

I love this guy. You can tell that he really loves this game and club.

Status
Not open for further replies.