Not open for further replies.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Then put your little ponytail on loan
There ain't no hill or mountain Spuds can't own -
Bale!
I got you Bale
I got you Bale

OK, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties cause it's cold out there. It's cold out there every day.

"Happy Sancho day, again"
Fixed. Only joking - hopefully it’s SD

RkkMan

Have we even made an offer ?
My guess is they looked at the cost months ago and thought feck that.
I'll be absolutely stunned if this happens. Genuinely I would. I think Twitter twats, Sky liars and transfer muppets have fuelled this nonsense. I genuinely believe there was no chance we were ever paying 120mill.
Then why have we gone through the extreme hassle for months of agreeing terms with his camp and Sancho himself? Unless you think all these credible journos got bribed by some Mafia to make fake stories.
Utd making a bid during the final stage of the window financially makes sense as it saves them millions in wages during a pandemic compared to if we had signed Sancho earlier. Whether Utd actually bid whats required is the question not if they will make one

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Not that I take the write-up by The Mirror serious.

But in case there were any truth in it it would be another joke. 75 Mio GBP + 15 Mio in Add-Ons? No way Dortmund would even look at it.

Kehl sent a message 2 or 3 days ago in his interview: 80 Mio EUR is not enough. 120 Mio EUR is the initial asking price. So I would interpret this as something like "if you really want to come back with an offer it should be at least 100 Mio EUR - add-ons not taken into account".

100 Mio EUR straight away plus potential add-ons of 20 Mio EUR and Sancho putting in a transfer request and we might get there. Highly unlikely to happen though.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
If it's true (as papers are saying) that we are about to bid £90m, what the hell was Woodward offering before? £11.50 and one year's free subscription to MUTV?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
If it's true (as papers are saying) that we are about to bid £90m, what the hell was Woodward offering before? £11.50 and one year's free subscription to MUTV?
Waiting all along to save on wages and bonuses and to push the transfer fee into the next financial quarter.. Or something like that.

RkkMan

That 75m+15m take it or leave it offer is oviously BS the journalist who wrote it is even some freelancer nobody knows about but what is clear is we`ll finally make an offer this week we wouldn`t go through all this trouble for nothing. Utd probably wanted to wait till the final stages of the window to bid as it saves millions in wages and during a pandemic they`ll save up as much money as possible.
We won`t offer what BVB want but Sancho *may agitate for a move(respectfully) when we do make an official offer close to their asking price so we wait and see

sparx99

Not that I take the write-up by The Mirror serious.

But in case there were any truth in it it would be another joke. 75 Mio GBP + 15 Mio in Add-Ons? No way Dortmund would even look at it.

Kehl sent a message 2 or 3 days ago in his interview: 80 Mio EUR is not enough. 120 Mio EUR is the initial asking price. So I would interpret this as something like "if you really want to come back with an offer it should be at least 100 Mio EUR - add-ons not taken into account".

100 Mio EUR straight away plus potential add-ons of 20 Mio EUR and Sancho putting in a transfer request and we might get there. Highly unlikely to happen though.
Its actually a pretty fair opening offer in my opinion. It just should have been made months ago.

€82m plus €16m in add ons. You can see a path to €90m plus €30m in add ons. Or some other structure that gets to the Dortmund asking price.

dove

Won't go above £90m?

BD will tell us to feck off! This is dead
I think the offer Nurse tweeted €90m + addons would be our final offer and it's quote a good one. If they tell us to feck off then we feck off because €120m guaranteed amount with no addons is too much I think.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I think the offer Nurse tweeted €90m + addons would be our final offer and it's quote a good one. If they tell us to feck off then we feck off because €120m guaranteed amount with no addons is too much I think.
That was a funny way to put it.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Manchester United will make a final £90m bid for Jadon Sancho next week in an attempt to prise the England winger, 20, from Borussia Dortmund. (Mirror)

So why do we make this offer next week?!
Do it now and if BD tell us to feck off then we feck off and we try to get someone else next week finally!!
Logical for some but impossible to comprehend for ED & Judge!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I have heard about reporters getting info on leaked offers before but never have I heard of a reporter getting some info on an offer that hasnt even been made yet. What a load of nonsense.

How can they possibly know about something that hasn't happened yet? Do they know what Woodward is having for tea? Absolute BS.

dinostar77

Dont believe the Mirror article for a minute. As others have said, Dortmund have named their price at the start of the window. Its not changed from the comments coming out from Dortmund. I think ManUtd recruitment are living in a fantasy world if they think Dortmund will accept a bid lower than their asking price.

If Sancho doesnt happen in this window, he wont ever be a Utd player. Next summer, Liverpool or Madrid etc will sign him and he'll probably go onto to be mega successful win lots of trophies and individual awards. We'll constantly be associated with him as "the club who let him get away" or somethig like that. IF he really is that good of a player or has the potential to be and that potential can be achieved then just pay what the selleing club want and get him.

If COVID has really messed up the finances they say that. Fans arent gonna go nuts if we dont sign Sancho because Covid19 has hurt the finances. Fans will go nuts if we dont sign Sancho and make statements like "we can do things in the transfer market that other clubs can only dream of etc etc".

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

How many on here would have thought Dortmund would reject a 90m offer back in early August? That’s a huge fee in this environment.
Yeah but why should Dortmund sell cheap just because short term the market prices dropped? If they do not urgently need the money right now for other things they just can wait 1 or 2 years and then everything will be back to more or less normal.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
:lol: what a pointless tweet.

It's 50;50. we either pay the money or we don't.

We keep saying we are trying, so do we want him or not? we either want him at a price they don't want to sell, or we don't have the cash to buy him at all.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Dont believe the Mirror article for a minute. As others have said, Dortmund have named their price at the start of the window. Its not changed from the comments coming out from Dortmund. I think ManUtd recruitment are living in a fantasy world if they think Dortmund will accept a bid lower than their asking price.

If Sancho doesnt happen in this window, he wont ever be a Utd player. Next summer, Liverpool or Madrid etc will sign him and he'll probably go onto to be mega successful win lots of trophies and individual awards. We'll constantly be associated with him as "the club who let him get away" or somethig like that. IF he really is that good of a player or has the potential to be and that potential can be achieved then just pay what the selleing club want and get him.

If COVID has really messed up the finances they say that. Fans arent gonna go nuts if we dont sign Sancho because Covid19 has hurt the finances. Fans will go nuts if we dont sign Sancho and make statements like "we can do things in the transfer market that other clubs can only dream of etc etc".
While I somehow can understand all these "COVID hurts the financials" talk in some way I am pretty sure that the big clubs and leagues will be back on top in 1 or 2 years time. Top flight football is one of the (if not THE) biggest entertainment industries.
Like Warren Buffet said "Investing when others afraid is going to pay off in the long run". Chelsea have done just that and by closing the gap to the top teams of England/Europe during these times they might benefit once everything is going back to normal.

Stretender

Fans are not going to go nuts if we don't sign Sancho.

More like Twitter kids will throw their toys out of the pram.

Don't get me wrong I want Sancho but it's not the end of the world if United don't sign him.

If united spend 100 million on a couple of decent first team players, that would be better than spending 100 million on one player in this covid climate.

It would be great to sign Sancho but if the club thinks the price is absurd, then I will back the club. So long as they buy other players.

acrebo

As inexplicable as our actions have been throughout this saga, I think a ~90m valuation is pretty reasonable all things considered.

That's still a pretty huge transfer fee. I just wish we'd have concluded the transfer, either way, weeks ago so we'd have a fighting chance of strengthening the squad before October...

Abdullah7

I'm not treating the news reported by the Mirror as tire 1 valid information. Many caftards were singing the same lines during the Pogba transfer. I remember vividly the supposed firm Juve demand which was to be exact £100m.

News emerged that we were offering way less than that and not paying the agent fees. Some were panicking and a lot were embarrassed to be precise. Eventually, it turned out Juve accepted £89.3 million and they were in trouble with Fifa because of Raiola's payments confirming the ridiculed initial report.

Guys, I'm not trying to be ultra positive and to shed more light to what I mean. Factoring in the imminent second Covid 19 wave and what it'll bring to fragile clubs like BvB. I think half of the information ran by the Mirror could be true and the sum will tempt the Germans. However, the detailed part about the add-ons seems to be rubbish. No way Ed is that naïve with the short time he's got plus he'll not disclose the structure of the deal before it's struck.

Our old pal, Howard Nurse, seems to think so. Patience. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sultan

saivet

Most of the journalists don't think it's going to happen despite United feeding them information that they are still hopeful.

I've tried sticking with this saga but my interest has tailed off significantly since their 'deadline'. I'm getting off this train at the next stop.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
How many on here would have thought Dortmund would reject a 90m offer back in early August? That’s a huge fee in this environment.
I did. For me I think Dortmund have made a simple calculation. He has three years left on his contract and they feel they can get a similar fee next summer.

Last edited:

keithsingleton

Fans are not going to go nuts if we don't sign Sancho.

More like Twitter kids will throw their toys out of the pram.

Don't get me wrong I want Sancho but it's not the end of the world if United don't sign him.

If united spend 100 million on a couple of decent first team players, that would be better than spending 100 million on one player in this covid climate.

It would be great to sign Sancho but if the club thinks the price is absurd, then I will back the club. So long as they buy other players.
I totally agree, much as I like Sancho to I much prefer spending 100 million on our defence as it needs it more than the luxury buy of Sancho.

Dembeza

No, do tell us more?
Chelsea sold Morata and Hazard and because of the transfer ban they never spent that money, they are spending it this season. Their net spend is actually lower than 155 mil if you factor in the above.

red thru&thru

I totally agree, much as I like Sancho to I much prefer spending 100 million on our defence as it needs it more than the luxury buy of Sancho.
I'm going crazy. It's not so much that we're not get Sancho, which was the one signing I do want this year, it's the total lack of planning and execution.

If indeed spending £100m on Sancho is too much, then why faff around all transfer wind and not strengthen other areas and just call it a day on the Sancho deal.

Fans are becoming increasingly disillusioned with the way the club conducts its business, rather than the signing of any one particular player.

Dembeza

This is why net spends over one, or even a couple of seasons, is irrelevant.

Post SAF, our net spend is £900m.
That is true, the point I’m making is that Chelsea can afford to outspend everyone this season as a result of them having cash they received on the sale of Hazard and Morata that they couldn’t use due to the ban.

Kuba

This is the tweet Nurse liked
Yeah but that does not change anything, him having sources or not. Even if he was having foursome few times a week with Glazer, Woodward and Judge and they told him about 90 mln offer or even make press conference and tell it to the whole world.

Right now 120 mln for Sancho is debatable if BvB would accept that.

90 mln or even 100 would most likely be turn down so unless we have some info from German sources about BvB willing to accept offer in the region of 100 mln i would not have my hopes up.

IMO Glazers think that every club puts money first like they do and think that having 100 mln in the bank is better than having world class player in your team so we will bid a little less then 100, 90 mln hoping BvB won't accept that and they would still have the money.

Glazers and Woodward this year have come up with genius masterplan.

They have spend last months trying to figure out what is the maximum amount we should bid for us to look good and willing to make that transfer happen and BvB to refuse to sell.

Then they realized that if we pissed of every club in Europe and every player doing our standard monitoring, looking at and preparing a bid for weeks and months no one will want to deal with us and every player will have cold feeling toward joining us so then we will be able to put even higher bids to look good and trying but having absolute sure that its gonna be refused to piss us off this time by any club and players not gonna give a crap about forcing a move.

I am sure that if we bid 90, and they accept that Glazers gonna be furious.

Then we can say but those clubs were unwilling to cooperate and players didn't have right mentality to play for United and lot of fans will believe them and say that if Sancho don't want to be here they would pŕefer to have Daniel feckin James on the wing and everything will be good until we don't make top4 and being afraid to lose money next year we will need to deal with all those pissed of clubs and again pay over the odds...

Copy and past all over again for the next decades...

Status
Not open for further replies.