Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I don’t understand the point of a United CEO if they have to get every deal signed off by Joel.

Surely the owners would say to the CEO your transfer budget is £150 million this summer. Reinforce the squad accordingly.

The only time a CEO should be contacting the owners is if more money is required

No wonder our transfers drag on and on.
Joel can only be contacted via fax too

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Did SAF not see that Sancho didn’t even make the gold standard England bench which has always been the reason for United to sign a player. How can he rate such a player highly??

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Sancho and his camp are a touch preoccupied at the moment. The fact that that the player clearly wants to move should help United, and should get this over the line.

Dortmund have a player that wants to leave, a great offer on the table and the last 10m is just posturing. I would wager we'll cave, because the BVB guy has shown that he's more interested in being the 'big tough negotiator' than anyone at our club.

I will say, his stance around this would make me question Dortmund's model if I were the next Sancho.

Personally I hope we stand up to it. No one knows what hte post-covid football world is like, and that 10m while sounding trivial in our greater spend over the years could be the fee for another youngster, or what we need to get another squad player signing over the line. Plus there is the principle of it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's pretty obvious we're working on multiple deals at once in this window, but alright.
Last summer we spent nearly the entire time filing to sign Jadon Sancho and ended up adding two kids, a woeful player in VDB and an ageing CF at the last minute. So it's understand that our fans have little confidence in how our transfers are handled. We've just come away from a very poor one last year where seemingly the whole plan was Sancho.

meamth

Did SAF not see that Sancho didn’t even make the gold standard England bench which has always been the reason for United to sign a player. How can he rate such a player highly??
SAF also rated Nick Powell as the next midfield superstar,
Phil Jones = Duncan Edwards reincarnate.

SAF have wild imagination.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I don’t understand the point of a United CEO if they have to get every deal signed off by Joel.

Surely the owners would say to the CEO your transfer budget is £150 million this summer. Reinforce the squad accordingly.

The only time a CEO should be contacting the owners is if more money is required

No wonder our transfers drag on and on.
I think that’s our major hurdle. Joel holds the football side of things up and the glazer siblings/shareholders put the squeeze on joel to save as much money as possible from the other side. I think this is also a major part of the terrible contracts we’ve started to see. Instead of cashing in early on a player and buying someone better we are always happy to give out a maxed out extension to the player in question to save on a transfer fee.

SATA

I can’t imagine Sancho will be too happy now if this keeps dragging. Erling and his camp probably saw it coming and were smart to include a release clause in his contract. Now him and Sancho must be advising Bellingham to do the same and demand that clause when he negotiates for the extension of his own contract.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I can’t imagine Sancho will be too happy now if this keeps dragging. Erling and his camp probably saw it coming and were smart to include a release clause in his contract. Now him and Sancho must be advising Bellingham to do the same and demand that clause when he negotiates for the extension of his own contract.
Sancho is busy at the Euros, and then will be on holidays, and doesn't give a flying feck whether there's some paper signed today or in 3 weeks. The only people who are desperate for, and irrationally expecting of, daily developments are ourselves, the online fans thirsting for input :lol:

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain

Well whatever his wild imagination might have been it definitely has never been based on the mediocre England set up or on a player he rates making the England squad/bench.

mav_9me

And we come full swing again summer 2020 revisited, start off confident and brief our media then slowly piss Dortmund off with our negotiating tactics leading to their briefs before the whole thing is called off
Yep, its completely identical of how we started last summer. All news about United looking to strengthen, links with Grealish, Sancho, LB and CB and we got Telles on deadline day.

Sancho story seems scarily similar, agreed personal terms very early on, Dortmund set a fee, United cannot match the fee, negotiations start to drag out and we know how it ended last year.

I just dont want us to spend 2 months negotiating something that either 1. we will bow down to their fee or 2. We pull out and move on.
It does seem to me eerily similar to this tbh.
I am surprised you guys see it as similar. Last summer the narrative was all that Dortmund won't sell for less than X amount by this deadline and United confident that they will get him for less.

This time it's more of all 3 parties want it to happen, united and Dortmund are close but negotiating the structure.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Sancho is busy at the Euros, and then will be on holidays, and doesn't give a flying feck whether there's some paper signed today or in 3 weeks. The only people who are desperate for, and irrationally expecting of, daily developments are ourselves, the online fans thirsting for input :lol:
One doesn't need Sancho to agree the transfer fee/terms with Dortmund. The delay on account of Euros, holidays etc is only for formalising contracts and crystallizing the deal. But everything does not need to halt for that.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Nah you wanna get something signed so you know where you’re going after your holidays

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
And it's been fecked since the De Gea to Madrid attempted transfer

Glazers aren't forking out for a new one they can't even fix a little leak in the roof
Well it’s not fecked completely. Just a little paper jam. Bit crumpled .. you can still read a bit... “Hazard..?” “Ed, why don’t you pretend to leave. Then ... and...., Signed Joel...”

Superden

well there is the not so small matter of the £100k a week or more he could be getting in wages, for every week of delay...

croadyman

Would find this saga more frustrating if we didn't have other pressing issues at CB & CDM as well

HailtotheKing

well there is the not so small matter of the £100k a week or more he could be getting in wages, for every week of delay...
Can they not announce terms agreed, subject to medical though? That way they wouldn't have to pay the 100k until the medical is actually done. But they could then move on to the other transfers. I guess it wouldn't be as big news when he is then pictured in the shirt. I just hope they are negotiating multiple transfers at once. If so, I don't care, apart from the tediousness of the Sancho news.

SATA

No. It’s always better to sort out your future and career as soon as possible regardless of whether there is a tournament going on. This is the same player whose future was hung in entire limbo last summer and didn’t got the same move he wanted, and now it’s happening again until it can be sorted. He won’t be in need of money at all of course but perhaps you can put yourself in his shoes

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
You think so? Last season's nonsense wrecked him and it took a good while for him to pick himself up and get on with the business of football. Would be quite a turnaround if he's indifferent to the whole thing now - I'd think he'd want it put to bed as it must be some part a distraction to not know whether the dire actions of the last attempt won't repeat on themselves.

As far as this 'saga' goes, there doesn't seem to be much to suggest anything is happening (at least that the fans are being informed of) and unless he's being kept abreast to the contrary, how could there not be an element of doubt in his mind?

Can't help but think his age and maturity would play a hand in his thought process, personally.

HailtotheKing

Well it’s reported we’ve made an offer for both Sancho and Trippier, my maths is shit but I think that’s two deals.
Yeah "reported" being the operative word. There's so much crap in the press, I don't know what to believe anymore. We tend not to make actual offers until we know they will be accepted. So this Sancho bid was a bit of a surprise really. Did we make an offer on Trippier though or did we sound out the press about what we were willing to pay and Athletico just said nah not for that mate? In any case, a backup right back is the least of our problems.

laughtersassassin

I am surprised you guys see it as similar. Last summer the narrative was all that Dortmund won't sell for less than X amount by this deadline and United confident that they will get him for less.

This time it's more of all 3 parties want it to happen, united and Dortmund are close but negotiating the structure.
The word is also Dortmund won't move in their fee. That's what's similar.

And I doubt Uniteds drive to pay it

Last edited:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

TBF Powell was highly rated by a lot of coaches. The reason he didn't 'make it' had very little to do with talent or ability.

As for Jones, the Duncan Edwards comparison, ridiculous as it was, was coined by the media and taken up by posters here and elsewhere who didn't have a clue :lol:

Nogbadthebad

Boring week after the ITK Twitter sister promised so much. :nono: :lol:
Once he didn't sign before the tournament, you may as well close the thread, because he won't sign during it.

Not just because it is impractical, but because from a PR perspective, it would be suicidal to have him focused on United rather than the England team.

spiriticon

Once he didn't sign before the tournament, you may as well close the thread, because he won't sign during it.

Not just because it is impractical, but because from a PR perspective, it would be suicidal to have him focused on United rather than the England team.
While I agree that it won't be finalised until after the tournament, we don't need Sancho's presence to agree a fee with Dortmund.

If we want to buy and they want to sell, the fee really should be done in days, if not hours.

meamth

TBF Powell was highly rated by a lot of coaches. The reason he didn't 'make it' had very little to do with talent or ability.

As for Jones, the Duncan Edwards comparison, ridiculous as it was, was coined by the media and taken up by posters here and elsewhere who didn't have a clue :lol:
I genuinely think if Sir Alex didn't retire, Powell would have flourished? Zaha too.

Ah well, one of those what ifs...

laughtersassassin

The Deja vu just keeps on happening.

This was exactly what journos where saying about us last year. Had multiple deals in the works but where in no rush etc etc etc.

The we fecked the whole window. Worrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.