Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy1686

career ending
So, "ace negotiator" Woodward at it again, bidding a bag of peas and a shiny conker. Just get on and pay the fecking asking price, then get out of the damn job. Breaking news: next week, Woodward to launch £3 bid for Kane...
I love it when people make shit up in order to have a go at the club for trying their best

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
He has one year left on his contract and started playing more games last season, there’s no doubt he’s a top class player when fully fit and on form.

By the same token Pep thought Sancho’s attitude stunk and there were also reports about him at Dortmund.
Dembele had issues and seems to just have started to improve in that discipline regard in the last season - bit late to justify the fee, but Barca paid for an incredible talent, not for a ready-made player. It was a gamble that failed because likely Barca thought Dembele just behaved that way to make sure Dortmund sold him - while it actually was his character (at that time). Also the problem isn't so much the fee Barca paid but the fact that his contract is still not renewed. If they keep a disciplined Dembele for the next 3-4 years they will have half a decade of service from one of the most talented and productive players in the game, if that happens the fee will sound reasonable in hindsight. If he should leave on a free it's obviously different, then he was a waste of money for them as they just had an injured talent.

That's far different from Sancho who had similar but much smaller issues, already got rid of this behaviour at Dortmund this season and is far more of a reliable player than Dembele ever was for Dortmund

Oranges038

He has one year left on his contract and started playing more games last season, there’s no doubt he’s a top class player when fully fit and on form.

By the same token Pep thought Sancho’s attitude stunk and there were also reports about him at Dortmund.
The difference is Sancho cost about £8m, has gone to a different country and put in the effort and racked up the appearances, goals and assists. He looks like he wants to be a professional foitballer, to improve and play for a big team and win trophies. Whether he does that at Utd or not we'll see if he joins.

Dembele doesn't show any of that, cost Barca €135m and he has absolutely stunk up the place with his rubbish attitude, terrible injury record and generally been seen as lazy and unprofessional. Eats junk food, moans about pretty much everything and doesn't even show up for training on time and sometimes not at all. Deschamps has even said similar about it with France. There were even reports that his own team mates didn't like him, Rakitic said they were playing with ten men one game he played.

Why anyone would want that at the club is beyond me.

Rustyspider13

Big day incoming. Either today, before the first England game or immediately after the Euros. Can't wait to see United attack using both flanks.

Jaxa

This will be done 100%,

Feel very confident of this happening ,

Rashford, Mason, Sancho, Amad. ,some very exciting youngsters all no older than 23.

Red Royal

It has to be done before Sunday. If he scores a hattrick or players brilliantly all tournament the price won't come down
I doubt this will be done before the Euros are finished (or when unfortunately England get knocked out at least). Given that, I kind of hope he does not get picked to start, even though he does seem a certain starter.

If he underperforms it will be blamed on us getting into his head. If he does really well there is a chance other teams may join the bidding war. I think his heart is all set on United, but with this transfer there is probably a long way to run yet.

Joseunited

It has to be done before Sunday. If he scores a hattrick or players brilliantly all tournament the price won't come down
The price has been set, it's not going to go up and down based on how he plays over the next 4 weeks :lol: .
Based on that logic i'd be tempted to wait then and take a chance he has a stinker then we can drop our price knowing full well they have to accept based on his Euro performances.

Judas

Open to offers
I doubt this will be done before the Euros are finished (or when unfortunately England get knocked out at least). Given that, I kind of hope he does not get picked to start, even though he does seem a certain starter.

If he underperforms it will be blamed on us getting into his head. If he does really well there is a chance other teams may join the bidding war. I think his heart is all set on United, but with this transfer there is probably a long way to run yet.
:lol: I’m going to cry. How many times is the same nonsense going to be said. “Oh you know what that Sancho lad did well for England, maybe we do in fact want him now even though he’s been on our and everyone’s radar for years, here is 150m!”.

Glory Glory Man Utd

Supports
Macheater United
I hope we will have more information today because it's the start of Euro so I think there will be movement!

And today I have the devil tattooed with the MUFC lettering I already have the logo but I want to do lettering with this famous lettering ..!

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Agree!

I mean it’s not like we didn’t actually hire John Murtough as our DoF at all and it’s all s PR muse by the club & it’s Woodward ( our outgoing CEO) who’s actually negotiating all this. I mean the whole PR thing is one of the CAFs favourite buzzwords so it wouldn’t surprise me. :lol:

I love it when people make shit up in order to have a go at the club for trying their best

Deery

Dreary
The difference is Sancho cost about £8m, has gone to a different country and put in the effort and racked up the appearances, goals and assists. He looks like he wants to be a professional foitballer, to improve and play for a big team and win trophies. Whether he does that at Utd or not we'll see if he joins.

Dembele doesn't show any of that, cost Barca €135m and he has absolutely stunk up the place with his rubbish attitude, terrible injury record and generally been seen as lazy and unprofessional. Eats junk food, moans about pretty much everything and doesn't even show up for training on time and sometimes not at all. Deschamps has even said similar about it with France. There were even reports that his own team mates didn't like him, Rakitic said they were playing with ten men one game he played.

Why anyone would want that at the club is beyond me.
Didn’t Emre Can say as much about Sancho a couple of times and Dortmund had to reprimand him as well. Then didn’t he go to Covid parties as well and had to isolate.

Stacks

Neto- Literally out injured for months as we speak
Dembele- Good player but a crock who's been underwhelming at Barca
Raphinha- Case can be argued here but last season was his first good season in the PL. Also no guarantee Leeds will sell him cheaply if at all after such a short time especially to us
Sancho has had 3 good seasons in Germany, proven in the CL and 21 years old. Not signing him will turn out to be as big a mistake as not signing Hazard back in 2012
Hes not that proven in the CL. He has a few assists here and there in the group and missed the whole KO face. In previous years he had also been Meh

Deery

Dreary
Dembele had issues and seems to just have started to improve in that discipline regard in the last season - bit late to justify the fee, but Barca paid for an incredible talent, not for a ready-made player. It was a gamble that failed because likely Barca thought Dembele just behaved that way to make sure Dortmund sold him - while it actually was his character (at that time). Also the problem isn't so much the fee Barca paid but the fact that his contract is still not renewed. If they keep a disciplined Dembele for the next 3-4 years they will have half a decade of service from one of the most talented and productive players in the game, if that happens the fee will sound reasonable in hindsight. If he should leave on a free it's obviously different, then he was a waste of money for them as they just had an injured talent.

That's far different from Sancho who had similar but much smaller issues, already got rid of this behaviour at Dortmund this season and is far more of a reliable player than Dembele ever was for Dortmund
He went to a Covid party this season and missed an international match still issues there but maybe not as much as Dembele had in the past.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
He went to a Covid party this season and missed an international match still issues there but maybe not as much as Dembele had in the past.
That's right and that was at the beginning of the season. He improved his attitude since then, contributed much more defensively for example than before on the pitch and no more stories like that party emerged since then, seems a bit like this discussion about that party could have been healthy for his mind.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Testing Dortmund’s nerve while we negotiate:

Oranges038

Didn’t Emre Can say as much about Sancho a couple of times and Dortmund had to reprimand him as well. Then didn’t he go to Covid parties as well and had to isolate.
Aye, he's had a couple of little bits. Nothing more or less than Greenwood and Foden.

Sancho is still doing it on the pitch though, Dembele is a mess off the pitch and does feck all on it.

Deery

Dreary
That's right and that was at the beginning of the season. He improved his attitude since then, contributed much more defensively for example than before on the pitch and no more stories like that party emerged since then, seems a bit like this discussion about that party could have been healthy for his mind.
Aye, he's had a couple of little bits. Nothing more or less than Greenwood and Foden.

Sancho is still doing it on the pitch though, Dembele is a mess off the pitch and does feck all on it.
I’m not really bothered about his discipline anyway it’s more his international form and when I see him in Europe and his price tag that bother me.

Just read he only scored 8 goals last year in BL too that’s only 3 more than Neto for all the geniuses taking the piss out of me earlier in the thread ( not aimed at you two though ).

MDFC Manager

Then again, most people agree that Sancho's form this year has been utterly crucial in Dortmund getting into the CL places.

Deery

Dreary
Fair enough. On the other hand I think Sancho is going to end up being a far better player than Kane.
If I thought he was going to be as good as Kane then I can see why people think he’s a good signing at cheap money but I don’t see it myself.

Judas

Open to offers
The people who don’t think he’s the right signing aren’t going to be convinced by anything anyone says, so it’s not really worth the debate. Sancho will prove them wrong next season anyway.

bsCallout

Remember when we bought Cantona? Turned out alright.

Deery

Dreary
Then again, most people agree that Sancho's form this year has been utterly crucial in Dortmund getting into the CL places.
I’m not saying he’s crap like, I’m not thick I can see he has qualities Dortmund wouldn’t want £100m if he wasn’t any good.
It’s just I’m not opposed to searching different avenues if Dortmund are going to act the wag and over charge us.

bsCallout

Cantona was supposed to be having it off with the Leeds manager’s wife though, not really the same as acting the pillock.
The bad boy of France? He had more issues than just having it off with a managers wife.

Shaw was one the was apparently lazy and unprofessional, look how he's done under Ole.

German Potatoe

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
This will be done 100%,

Feel very confident of this happening ,

Rashford, Mason, Sancho, Amad. ,some very exciting youngsters all no older than 23.
One thing I can tell you right from Dortmund: Sancho will definately not be transfered for a amount round about 70 Million Pounds.
Otherwise this transfer will not happen , same like last year.

Oranges038

I’m not really bothered about his discipline anyway it’s more his international form and when I see him in Europe and his price tag that bother me.

Just read he only scored 8 goals last year in BL too that’s only 3 more than Neto for all the geniuses taking the piss out of me earlier in the thread ( not aimed at you two though ).

I think Sancho is worth the money. His goal contribution is almost 1 per game for Dortmund. If he can maintain that at Utd, he will be one hell of an assest for the club. Even if you look af his defensive contribution he's been digging out more at the back. He also has a high work rate and covers nearly 10km every game.

Neto is one that I like the look of too and a bit like Jota is a wide player that can give you a 1 in 3 goal contribution. Which he could improve at a club like Utd, where his attacking potential is released more.

Deery

Dreary
The bad boy of France? He had more issues than just having it off with a managers wife.

Shaw was one the was apparently lazy and unprofessional, look how he's done under Ole.
As I said I’m not really bothered about his discipline record anyway unless to was shocking bad, at 21 kids will make all kinds of mistakes I don’t judge them on it.

Idxomer

I don't think Neto is a bad shout if he weren't injured right now.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
So, "ace negotiator" Woodward at it again, bidding a bag of peas and a shiny conker. Just get on and pay the fecking asking price, then get out of the damn job. Breaking news: next week, Woodward to launch £3 bid for Kane...
I hate to break it to you but “just get on and pay the fecking asking price” is not negotiating.

Deery

Dreary
I think Sancho is worth the money. His goal contribution is almost 1 per game for Dortmund. If he can maintain that at Utd, he will be one hell of an assest for the club. Even if you look af his defensive contribution he's been digging out more at the back. He also has a high work rate and covers nearly 10km every game.

Neto is one that I like the look of too and a bit like Jota is a wide player that can give you a 1 in 3 goal contribution. Which he could improve at a club like Utd, where his attacking potential is released more.
If we are going to pay the money I will get behind him and support him like any other player he does have good quality and as you say seems to put the work in too.

Oranges038

If we are going to pay the money I will get behind him and support him like any other player he does have good quality and as you say seems to put the work in too.
Yeah, same here. He has a lot of good qualities.

I want to see a player who can dribble, pass, cross, create and score, looks like he knows what he's going to do before he gets the ball and it's not just an afterthought.

Don't think that's too much to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.