Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise_old_man

Are Man Utd fans the most cautious and easily scarred by past events than any big club? The constant worrying about Mkhitaryan, Kagawa, we can't sign players from Argentina etc. It's so bizarre.
We have been burnt or disappointed by transfers too many times. I can hardly think of many big clubs who have been screwed regarding transfers as many times as us.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Are Man Utd fans the most cautious and easily scarred by past events than any big club? The constant worrying about Mkhitaryan, Kagawa, we can't sign players from Argentina etc. It's so bizarre.
It verges on superstition. I don't understand how someone can watch Sancho regularly and not get excited. The guy is class.

Deery

Dreary
They aren't lesser players? Really? What's Neto's numbers like, is he producing a goal/assist nearly every game?

You want to sting and you want quality. Doesn't always work that way. Glad we paid top dollar for Rio, Rooney etc back in the day. We should be more clever in the market but there are times when you need go for a big player.
31 apps 5 goals 6 assists in the PL last season for defensive Wolves side.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The problem I have with Sancho is that we needed him last summer, and this summer we need a proper Number 9. So even though Sancho is a class player, I just don't feel like he's the missing piece of the jigsaw the way I felt 12 months ago. Indeed if City pick up Kane this summer, even after we buy Sancho, the gap is bigger than last year.
The reason I’m a bit hesitant/non chalont on this transfer is simply this - who was the last world class right footed player who consistently/predominantly played on the RW?

It seems like a narrow minded question to ask - but Even if you look at a list of current players - the best player that probably does this is Serge Gnabry for Bayern Munich.

Maybe he is so good at it that he is the start of a new generation of it - but I see him for England or Dortmund cL matches and whenever he plays RW he isn’t that great at it to shout home about or spend 80 million out on this RW.

Who knows, hopefully I’m wrong and he ends up giving us something that so many other teams seem not to have.

Judas

Open to offers
I really like Neto, but it feels like on here no matter who we sign, the second the deal gets close, its a case of should have signed so and so instead. Every time.

meamth

German products in general haven't kicked on in the PL.

Chelsea however got some high performance levels from their product recently, Pulisic, Havertz, Werner (even if he doesn't score a lot).

At the end of the day, German high profile signings have been underwhelming in PL's history.

About the concerns, Jadon Sancho is English after all, so I don't think this logic applies.

Judas

Open to offers
German products in general haven't kicked on in the PL.

Chelsea however got some high performance levels from their product recently, Pulisic, Havertz, Werner (even if he doesn't score a lot).

At the end of the day, German high profile signings have been underwhelming in PL's history.

About the concerns, Jadon Sancho is English after all, so I don't think this logic applies.
Gundogan, KDB, Firmino (before he turned into rubbish). Those are just three off the top of my head. No foreign league is a guaranteed stepping stone in the PL, there's flops and successes in equal measure no matter where they come from.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Gundogan, Mane, KDB, Firmino (before he turned into rubbish). Those are just four off the top of my head. No foreign league is a guaranteed stepping stone in the PL, there's flops and successes in equal measure no matter where they come from.
Mane never played in the Bundesliga.

gica_7

Sancho is as close as it gets to a sure thing. Forget everything else, he got his academy education in England. He will be electric in our attack.

Bratt

Nothing is yet written in stone, but it looks good without doubt.
Impossible not to be optimistic after talking to two sources yestarday.

chb23

Hope we take into covid and not overpay. 90m was alright last time prior to covid but not now.

The price will influence how others negotiate with us as well. I rather we play hard ball and risk not getting him. Pull out the old no value line

tuk3r

I'm guilty of spending more time watching YouTube clips on Sancho, rather than in game.

What's the thoughts on his position should he sign for United? I'm worried he'll be more effective on the left wing, creating a bit of headache for us in our most stacked position.

If he ends up securing that left side, what does that mean for our other left side players? Lack of game time, or shoehorn them to the right?

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
They aren't lesser players? Really? What's Neto's numbers like, is he producing a goal/assist nearly every game?

You want to sting and you want quality. Doesn't always work that way. Glad we paid top dollar for Rio, Rooney etc back in the day. We should be more clever in the market but there are times when you need go for a big player.
Neto would be a quality addition tbf. A very technical player.

gica_7

I'm guilty of spending more time watching YouTube clips on Sancho, rather than in game.

What's the thoughts on his position should he sign for United? I'm worried he'll be more effective on the left wing, creating a bit of headache for us in our most stacked position.

If he ends up securing that left side, what does that mean for our other left side players? Lack of game time, or shoehorn them to the right?
He is slightly better on the left than right. He is better than any player that we play on the right. Yes, there will be games he will play on the left but having him will simply give us the chance to change positions of Mason and Marcus time to time. United needs depth on attack as it is something we do not have since the day Ronaldo left.

SuperiorXI

It's good to have a player that can be effective on both sides but I expect Sancho will be used on the right, he plays most his games there.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Hope we take into covid and not overpay. 90m was alright last time prior to covid but not now.

The price will influence how others negotiate with us as well. I rather we play hard ball and risk not getting him. Pull out the old no value line
:lol: I'll bite...

Prior to Covid - and with his contract status in mind - you'd be lucky to have got a price south of 120m for him.

Deery

Dreary
What bizarre reasoning :houllier:
It’s hardly bizarre, Neto playing in the PL with Wolves putting in decent numbers and Sancho notching up numbers for the second best team in BL against total shit, but you have posters coming in with their sarcastic comments.

troylocker

Are we really complaining about going after one of the best young attacking midfielders/wingers in the world right now? English and proven. Dream signing if we land it. End of story.
Hopefully Haaland stays one more year...

theklr

Are we really complaining about going after one of the best young attacking midfielders/wingers in the world right now? English and proven. Dream signing if we land it. End of story.
Its absurd isnt it.

Can be a mainstay at United for 5-6 years together with Rashford and Greenwood.

Wouldnt have any problem if we gave last years price even.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I think the reservations come from his England performances on the right. Which is a fair criticism. But I do agree it’s a brilliant signing.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It’s hardly bizarre, Neto playing in the PL with Wolves putting in decent numbers and Sancho notching up numbers for the second best team in BL against total shit, but you have posters coming in with their sarcastic comments.
Jiminez > Haaland too then?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Nobody has been linked credibly with interest in Anto, he isn’t unhappy atm, Ole isn’t unhappy with him nor has he been throughout the last season, if anything trying to pay him into form before the injury and furthermore he is said to be Joel’s favourite - he isn’t going to be sold no matter how many whinging forumites think he should be. After the gesture Ole made giving him his number back and sticking him central for the last two seasons it’s unlikely he will lose his shirt too. Therefore, with the obvious caveat that neither Anto or Ole have confirmed this publicly I am confident in my assertion that’s is a fact he will be here wearing 9 next season.

Now stop derailing the Sancho train, it’s a big day tomorrow!
Not this summer, too much other work. But next season his spot will be under scrutiny

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
And for a position where we should have bought so many years ago.... Also agree re. Haaland, with the hope we're in the mix next year. Chelsea probably know that, and that is why they push

chb23

:lol: I'll bite...

Prior to Covid - and with his contract status in mind - you'd be lucky to have got a price south of 120m for him.
And there was a reason we didn't sign him. Cause he isn't worth 120m and he isn't worth 90m now (with covid).

hubbuh

That's pretty facetious reasoning. Loads of our best players hadn't played in the PL before they joined us. Look at Bruno! For such massive money I do sympathise with the line of thinking. Still, players like Neto and Raphina will still cost a fat wedge because teams in the PL aren't desperate for money. Sancho has already proved it at the top and could feasibly be at the club for the rest of his top flight career.

Joseunited

This all seems a bit scripted to me Dortmund and United have probably sorted everything out but it's being played out in the press to make Dortmund look good to their supporters.The price will be settled pretty quick and Sancho's medical will take place after the Euro's.

Hackman2210

£67million seems like a decent amount to me - I dont see why we cant throw in a loanee or two or sweeten it. Elanga? Shoretire? Williams, Garner etc. If we start at £67 and then end up paying £90 we look like mugs again! The reality is sadly that if city get Kane or Haaland we aint winning the premier league next season for sure.

rotherham_red

I think irrespective of where Sancho plays, it's imperative that Rashford or Greenwood is on the opposite wing. Our issue has been that our attack is imbalanced. Too many scorers and not enough creators. That's why Pogba on the left was such a good move as he was a create first player balancing out our scorers in Cavani and Rashford/Greenwood. Bruno obviously does both.

We even saw it in the limited instances where Bruno and Mata played together and seeing how the attack was much more cohesive.

For me, the ideal attack for us is Cavani up front, Rashford's threat of running in behind on the left, Bruno getting that bit extra space in the 10 position and Sancho doing his thing on the right. We'd have the perfect balance of two movement-heavy scorers in Cavani and Rashford, a create-first player in Sancho and a hybrid scorer and creator in Bruno.

Status
Not open for further replies.