Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deery

Dreary
That's pretty facetious reasoning. Loads of our best players hadn't played in the PL before they joined us. Look at Bruno! For such massive money I do sympathise with the line of thinking. Still, players like Neto and Raphina will still cost a fat wedge because teams in the PL aren't desperate for money. Sancho has already proved it at the top and could feasibly be at the club for the rest of his top flight career.
I think if we go out and spend £90m on Sancho who we don’t even know will be a hit and has failed to impress at international level we will not be able to get a decent centre back like Varane (I know that’s a bit contradictory of me but I think Varane is top quality).
When we could possibly offload Dan James and bring in a CB and RW who could prove just as effective as Sancho.

gorky_utd

£67million seems like a decent amount to me - I dont see why we cant throw in a loanee or two or sweeten it. Elanga? Shoretire? Williams, Garner etc. If we start at £67 and then end up paying £90 we look like mugs again! The reality is sadly that if city get Kane or Haaland we aint winning the premier league next season for sure.
1. They are not good enough for BVB.
2. It is euro, not pound.

red thru&thru

This is a case of United and BVB agreeing a fee before the Euro's start.

Sancho has a stinker, BVB lose, we gain. Sancho has a storming campaign, we lose, BVB gain!

Deery

Dreary
You wish, Solius. You wish! This is the same guy who's using "hasnt done it in the PL yet" to justify going for Raphinha instead of Sancho
Neto. And if you read my posts you will see I was referring to him playing for Wolves and putting in decent numbers but muppets can’t see past Sancho.

Are Man Utd fans the most cautious and easily scarred by past events than any big club? The constant worrying about Mkhitaryan, Kagawa, we can't sign players from Argentina etc. It's so bizarre.
don’t judge the entire fan base based on a few fans who post on a forum…

people who are negative post more. Similar to the adage, if you have a good experience you tell one person, if you have a bad experience you tell 10…

People who have their own insecurities will find insecurity everywhere.

it’s a big fan base, and those who are negative make the most noise.

some people wouldn’t be happy no matter who we sign.

So in short no. It’s just some insecure/ negative fans making noise.

Bondi77

Just watched an interview with Sancho on talksport and he comes across as a good respectful young man.

welshwingwizard

:lol: I'll bite...

Prior to Covid - and with his contract status in mind - you'd be lucky to have got a price south of 120m for him.
Exactly, Dembele went from Dortmund to Barca for £135.5 million according to BBC and from what I have read Dortmund feel Sancho has been better and is more complete than Dembele was. I think this is all reasonable.

Think about what we were paying for Rio and Rooney back in 2003/4 and how fees have progressed. It will be cheap if we get 10 years out of him just like we now consider those cheap.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Phil Foden only 9 goals and 4 assists last season and he’s playing for City and better than Sancho.
He isn't better than Sancho. Also is a semi midfielder to boot.

Neto is a winger like Sancho, just much worse.

Judas

Open to offers
This is a case of United and BVB agreeing a fee before the Euro's start.

Sancho has a stinker, BVB lose, we gain. Sancho has a storming campaign, we lose, BVB gain!
The fee isn't changing no matter how Sancho performs. I wish people would understand this. Dortmund and the player have an agreement, they can't go back on that, it really doesn't matter how he plays over the next couple of weeks.

troylocker

Its absurd isnt it.

Can be a mainstay at United for 5-6 years together with Rashford and Greenwood.

Wouldnt have any problem if we gave last years price even.
I think the reservations come from his England performances on the right. Which is a fair criticism. But I do agree it’s a brilliant signing.
And for a position where we should have bought so many years ago.... Also agree re. Haaland, with the hope we're in the mix next year. Chelsea probably know that, and that is why they push
It really is.

He's just turned 21, is English and has been consistantly crushing the numbers of players like Ozil (G/A every 133 min), de Bruyne (G/A every 129 min), Kagawa (G/A every 133 min), Dembele (G/A every 107 min), Mkhitaryan (G/A every 118 min) and so on in the BL since he was 18. A goal/assist every 84 minutes in the BL over the last 4 seasons. 114 G/A in 9900 minutes for Dortmund in all comps. And he plays RW where we have a huge gaping hole in our squad.
Diallo has played a grand total of 322 minutes of senior football in his career (2G/1A) while Pellistri got zero done in 12 matches in LaLiga this season and has 2 goals (Both in Uruguay) to his name in 3000 senior football minutes.

Insane!

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
So, "ace negotiator" Woodward at it again, bidding a bag of peas and a shiny conker. Just get on and pay the fecking asking price, then get out of the damn job. Breaking news: next week, Woodward to launch £3 bid for Kane...

gajender

Neto. And if you read my posts you will see I was referring to him playing for Wolves and putting in decent numbers but muppets can’t see past Sancho.
That very well maybe the case and Sancho might not fulfill his potential either but it's not the signing which is being done by the Club on whim and Sancho isn't some no mark who burst onto the scene at Dortmund either.

He is somebody who has been tipped for Great things since his early age and he is also the product of English football as well which should make his adaption to PL bit easier and apart from that United has been following his progress since his City days and wanted to sign him when he left City as well so Our interest in him is long standing hopefully everything works out well for us.

Deery

Dreary
He isn't better than Sancho. Also is a semi midfielder to boot.

Neto is a winger like Sancho, just much worse.
There’s on difference with my reasoning to say if we put Neto in a better team he will put up better numbers at a fraction of the price.

JustAGuest

I have come to like seeing Greenwood on the right. How would this signing impact him? Is his long term future still as a striker rather than out wide?

Deery

Dreary
That very well maybe the case and Sancho might not fulfill his potential either but it's not the signing which is being done by the Club on whim and Sancho isn't some no mark who burst onto the scene at Dortmund either.

He is somebody who has been tipped for Great things since his early age and he is also the product of English football as well which should make his adaption to PL bit easier and apart from that United has been following his progress since his City days and wanted to sign him when he left City as well so Our interest in him is long standing hopefully everything works out well for us.
My fear is we blow our budget on Sancho who may not turn out better than say Mata and we miss out on players like Varane, Rice, Kane etc..

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
My fear is we blow our budget on Sancho who may not turn out better than say Mata and we miss out on players like Varane, Rice, Kane etc..
Yeah if we signed Kane we wouldn't sign anyone else. Moreover Kane is a risk in himself.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I have come to like seeing Greenwood on the right. How would this signing impact him? Is his long term future still as a striker rather than out wide?
For me, whilst Greenwood is capable on the right, he is destined to be a central striker I think.

Saying that, I think there will still be games where Greenwood plays on the right, with Sancho on the left, when Rashford is rested / injured.

BarstoolProphet

Can't wait for the "Good luck to Jadon Sancho who is joining the Europa League runners-up." announcement from Dortmund :drool:

RkkMan

I can't get my head round why people are talking about Pedro Neto who's literally out injured for like 2/3 months. You thinking if he's a good alternative or not is pointless when he's being sidelined this incapable of making a transfer anyway

Hackman2210

Exactly, Dembele went from Dortmund to Barca for £135.5 million according to BBC and from what I have read Dortmund feel Sancho has been better and is more complete than Dembele was. I think this is all reasonable.

Think about what we were paying for Rio and Rooney back in 2003/4 and how fees have progressed. It will be cheap if we get 10 years out of him just like we now consider those cheap.
But the whole footballing world agrees Barca were buttraped over Dembele @ £135m. The germans were laughing all the way to the bank. We do not want to be in the same position in three years time. We are already in that position with Pogba - £95m about to walk away for free next season. 10 years at a club is not the norm. I know its not my money but jesus we are coming across here as desperate. I stand by the statement that with Pep at city we are really only playing for second and a cup anyway.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
So, "ace negotiator" Woodward at it again, bidding a bag of peas and a shiny conker. Just get on and pay the fecking asking price, then get out of the damn job. Breaking news: next week, Woodward to launch £3 bid for Kane...
We bid €77m + bonuses. Out of interest how much would you have bid?

Oranges038

I feel the same couldn’t give a shit about this transfer and at £80m just feels a bit wrong, would much prefer us to get the like of Neto, Raphinha or Dembele for half the price.

Whatever about Neto or Raphinha who've looked decent for in the PL.

But Dembele? The one from Barca? The one who is unprofessional, lazy, who's poor lifestyle and diet are part of the reason he's spent 2 out of his 4 years at Barca injured?

Or is it another Dembele?

Can7onA

It's Sancho day, Friday Saturday HUH

It's Sancho day, Friday Saturday HUH

Deery

Dreary
Whatever about Neto or Raphinha who've looked decent for in the PL.

But Dembele? The one from Barca? The one who is unprofessional, lazy, who's poor lifestyle and diet are part of the reason he's spent 2 out of his 4 years at Barca injured?

Or is it another Dembele?
He has one year left on his contract and started playing more games last season, there’s no doubt he’s a top class player when fully fit and on form.

By the same token Pep thought Sancho’s attitude stunk and there were also reports about him at Dortmund.

Glorio

I don't expect this done before the Euros personally, but we'll see

Status
Not open for further replies.