Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Ah okay. No I actually hadn't heard any of that . Only that he was a bit of an arse when leaving City.

I think we have good bunch of young lads in Rashford, Martial, Bruno, Pogba etc in terms of professionalism. You never hear about them being late for training etc. Hopefully they can be a positive influence on him.
Yeah agreed!

Besides he didn’t do anything that alarming. Dortmund also made sure they reprimanded him whenever he did deviate. However, being so young, it’s understandable he’s still growing.

End of the day, the guy loves being on the field and playing well. I’m sure his hunger will only increase with time.

He just has to cope well with Ole’s demands in terms of work ethic and not expect any special treatment like he sometimes has at Dortmund.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
So pre-assists are thing now :lol:
Soon there will be pre pre-assists too.
Been a thing in lots of other passing sports for a while, even though it probably makes more sense in football where the pass before the assist can actually be the key one.

It just enforces how creative Sancho actually is though, 20 actual assists with 11 other passes that led to a goal with the next pass. Combined with the 20 goals he's scored that's a hand in 51 goals. Some teams don't score that many :lol:

In Rainbows

So pre-assists are thing now :lol:
Soon there will be pre pre-assists too.
Pre-assist might be worthwhile. For example, you give a through ball, and the player who receives it squares it a few yards for another attacker to get a tap in. The assist was the squared 5 yard pass, while the pre-assist was the through ball. A pre-assist can be a better indicator of creative ability.

It's not like Sancho particularly needs this stat to show you his creative ability though. However, it does add more weight to his 20 assists. If he's leading in this category, and the assist category, you're given more assurances that his creativity wasn't some fluke.

Just for fun or for those who are bored like me, here is Sancho playing for City's youth side.

Last edited:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Pep has literally stated that he wouldn't be going back there as it would make no sense. Why are people panicking over it?
There are some rumours Pep could be leaving City...

romufc

I'm surprised he says Marcus. I would have thought he'd speak to Maguire first given he's club captain, experienced and also plays for the national team.
He was trying to explain the signing of Maguire ?

Cassidy

They all were based on City being out of the CL for two years. That's not happening so I think those rumours will die out pretty quickly now.
The rumour I heard was from today, not sure on the validity or timescale though

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'm surprised he says Marcus. I would have thought he'd speak to Maguire first given he's club captain, experienced and also plays for the national team.
Marcus is the go to guy when it comes to the like of Sancho due to their friendship it seems. If Ole had mentioned Maguire I wouldn't have even posted the tweet. Marcus definitely holds sway in us signing Sancho IMO.

Cassidy

Rashford and Sancho are friends and to be honest he has been in the England setup for longer than Maguire.
Rashford is the most senior England international we have?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Marcus is a very smart kid who's grounded and knows what it takes to be a United player.

Ole basically asks; Is he anything like Jesse?

All jokes aside i'm sure Rashford would be giving a glowing report about Sancho.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's what, 20? If United have the money this is a no brainer even at over 100 million euros honestly

Worst case scenario the club cam recoup most of the initial fee and likely make a profit with a sale

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
He's what, 20? If United have the money this is a no brainer even at over 100 million euros honestly

Worst case scenario the club cam recoup most of the initial fee and likely make a profit with a sale
Sancho will sell shirts and merchandise too, especially as he develops.

If England make it far into major tournaments they'll also have bragging rights that its Greenwood Sancho Rashford up top (not in their left to right order here).

I was thinking given the talent of the three if they develop properly, they'll be likened to Best Law Charlton eventually (as a United Trio) given how 2-footed Greenwood is, how skilled Sancho is, and how effective Rashford can be with age.

I'm not comparing them (yet), but I'm saying what each player brings to the team will (eventually) be put forward that way in the media, not expecting Sancho to be anywhere near Best before the forums attacks me (rightly so) but I'm saying the Media and the trio of those 3 at United might have that feel if they fulfil their potential.

This isn't meant to be a pre-emptive statement, I'm only saying if they realise their potential it's inevitable the media will circle on that.

Martial of course is in the mix not saying anything against him.

Last edited:

Posh Red

Marcus is a very smart kid who's grounded and knows what it takes to be a United player.

Ole basically asks; Is he anything like Jesse?

All jokes aside i'm sure Rashford would be giving a glowing report about Sancho.
Yeah. I doubt Ole would have made such a statement if Rashford had given a negative representation of Sancho

Classical Mechanic

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I'm sure he also asked Maguire but he probably asked Marcus prior Maguire's arrival. We were already targeting Sancho before Maguire came here and Ole probably asked Marcus as well about Maguire's leadership skill at the back which led to his decision to get Maguire.

I wonder if he also asked Ronaldo about Bruno. https://www.90min.com/posts/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-cristiano-ronaldo-bruno-fernandes-reference-man-utd (actually he did)

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He probably asked Marcus about Maguire before we signed him. Maguire hasn’t had a summer window with us yet either.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Rashy's been around the national side longer than Maguire hasn't he?

NecssryEvil

Maybe he asked both at some point? Plus, with Sancho, Rashford was a little closer to the player in question.

Hmm, what do you think hurt his pride more the points difference in the league or Sancho leaving? That's whats its boils down to, if you had 120 million and needed a winger what would you do? Plus it would get one over on your rival.
I honestly don't think Pep cares about this. Seems much too self centered to really care about what United is doing. If anything he seems to kind of like us as a club, has never said anything negative about United or any United players ever, as far as I can tell.
That's really cool, considering how it has worked out so far.

redsunited

Getting Sancho is no brainer. It is buying a best young player for a position like Rio, Rooney etc who will end up giving 10+ years of his career. If not us, then another top English club is going to get him. Better us than the rivals.

Traub

Yeah... anyone who thinks we don't need him has clearly forgotten games like tonight. You never turn down top quality players - the more you have the better.

Bwuk

Yeah... anyone who thinks we don't need him has clearly forgotten games like tonight. You never turn down top quality players - the more you have the better.
Exactly.

Footballs a squad game. You can’t just have 11 good players.

arnie_ni

Getting Sancho is no brainer. It is buying a best young player for a position like Rio, Rooney etc who will end up giving 10+ years of his career. If not us, then another top English club is going to get him. Better us than the rivals.
Exactly.

Footballs a squad game. You can’t just have 11 good players.
The drop in attacking quality between our starting team and squad players is so vast.

We have to add him and even grealish imo

In Rainbows

This is a no-brainer. Get him into the club fast. His technical quality could punish pressing like Southampton's.

croadyman

The drop in attacking quality between our starting team and squad players is so vast.

We have to add him and even grealish imo
Yeah we definitely need better depth but understand why many aren't keen on him due to his recent form for Villa

Woodenlung

Think he only joins of we get CL football. Our fixtures still put us in a good position to finish in the top 4, but could've been so much simpler if we'd held on tonight.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This is a no-brainer. Get him into the club fast. His technical quality could punish pressing like Southampton's.
Not with AWB playing like he did. Mason got crowded out due to no support. The key could be Ethan Laird IMO.

croadyman

Not with AWB playing like he did. Mason got crowded out due to no support. The key could be Ethan Laird IMO.
Would be very surprised if Ole threw Laird into a huge game against Palace on Thurs night

Status
Not open for further replies.