Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Bellingham is a very young talent plying his trade in the Championship. Sancho is one of the world's best wingers. I don't think there's any correlation between the two. Sancho has to be the one we have to go all out for, if any.
Don't see how potentially signing a young midfielder is going to stop us from signing one of the best players in the world, who plays in a completely different position, a position we desperately need to strengthen in.
I only say that because there has generally been a budget in the last couple of summers, however just maybe we are going to make a statement in this window and spend big

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I only say that because there has generally been a budget in the last couple of summers, however just maybe we are going to make a statement in this window and spend big
There's always a budget. But we are one of the biggest spending clubs around. I think it's more a question of whether Sancho wants to come here.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We all want Sancho, but what if PSG offered Neymar for Pogba? Would you take it, knowing that would kill the Sancho deal?
You have to consider any opportunity to get a player like Neymar. Instant best player in the country. That said, his wages will likely be an issue, and we could probably get Sancho without sacrificing Pogba. I’m not in favour of selling one top player to get another when we are trying to build a team and ADD quality to what we have. We may not even be able to get Grealish or another replacement for Pogba if we got Neymar.

Still, if the numbers worked, you don’t turn that sort of player down easily. He’s a diva but ALWAYS delivers on the pitch.

Andersons Dietician

We all want Sancho, but what if PSG offered Neymar for Pogba? Would you take it, knowing that would kill the Sancho deal?
Nope, both very gifted players and Neymar actually delivers but the problem most seem to have with Pogba is his personality and stuff outside of football. Neymar would probably be 5x worse.

I genuinely don’t think Ole would want him since he keeps going on about building a mentality in the dressing room. I just don’t see Neymar as slotting in to the ideals Ole is trying to create.

Sancho is at least still young and looks destined to be a mega star but if Ole can get him in and get his feet on the ground Hopefully he and United will grow.

It does seem mad to turn down a player like Neymar, but I don’t think he or us would be good for each other currently. Would seem like slipping back in to that buying for the sake of buying with Sweinsteiger, DiMaria, Falcao, Zlatan Sanchez and the likes

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Manchester United is now aiming to go for players that want to play for this club and be part of this team. I don't think Neymar to be in the category and Neymar would ask massive wages which could exceed Sanchez, means it's damaging the wages structure that we are trying to fix now. The answer is so easy, NO.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
We could be a serious threat with Sancho coming in.

a front 4 for Bruno, Rashford, Martial and Sancho could be frightening.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
We could be a serious threat with Sancho coming in.

a front 4 for Bruno, Rashford, Martial and Sancho could be frightening.
Aye, it really would. Sancho is a team evolver for me, someone to come in and take the club to a new level as he's not just a scorer of goals but brings excellent vision and creativity to an attack. If we did manage to get him, it would be huge.

arthurka

If he isn´t a priority I don´t know who is.. I don´t care how much he would cost just get him.

Rolaholic

Bringing this lad back to England would be a massive statement of intent, only person with more direct goal involvements over the last year is one Lionel Messi and he's only 19...

We've been begging for a decent right winger for years now,adding a generational English talent who makes those around him better there on top of of our other forward talent would be an absolute coup.

Also of the mind that we should spare no expense and spend whatever it takes to make it happen because we'll be kicking ourselves if he ends up elsewhere and we're watching him be in contention for the ballon d'or yearly from afar...

Motorman

Would love Sancho to come here, would sort that RW position out which has been needed for a long time.

De Gea
WanBissaka Maguire Lindelof Shaw
McTominay Grealish
Bruno
Sancho Martial Rashford

:drool::drool::drool:

Valencia Shin Crosses

No. I'd rather Sancho. Neymar is a great player but he is much worse than Pogba when it comes to the drama, and his best position is where Rashford's best is... so nah.
I agreed until you mentioned him playing in Rashfords position... because in a vacuum if you have Neymar you don't worry about who else is there, he fecking plays. The guy is a pain in the ass but also a BITW candidate when fit

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I agreed until you mentioned him playing in Rashfords position... because in a vacuum if you have Neymar you don't worry about who else is there, he fecking plays. The guy is a pain in the ass but also a BITW candidate when fit
I'd rather Rashford. Hes not a better player, but hes a top player, young, much better fitness record, and the attitude and everything he represents would outweigh Neymars talent.

Fosu-Mens

If he isn´t a priority I don´t know who is.. I don´t care how much he would cost just get him.
If we are able to get him, we should move heaven and earth. Even consider offering Lingard in a swap.

But, yeah. Best English attacking player by some distance. Efficient finisher and one of the best creators in the world.

Suvvernmanc

Offering them Chong on loan would be beneficial for all I think. They would want an option to buy though so I doubt it. But it would do Chong wonders going there for a season or 2

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Would love Sancho to come here, would sort that RW position out which has been needed for a long time.

De Gea
WanBissaka Maguire Lindelof Shaw
McTominay Grealish
Bruno
Sancho Martial Rashford

:drool::drool::drool:
Bruno and Grealish are the wrong way round. No Fred?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Offering them Chong on loan would be beneficial for all I think. They would want an option to buy though so I doubt it. But it would do Chong wonders going there for a season or 2
Chong wouldn’t get anywhere near their starting 11 right now. They don’t seem interested in developing talents without being able to sell them for mega money. Like they will Sancho, Haaland and what they are trying to do with Bellingham.

Motorman

Bruno and Grealish are the wrong way round. No Fred?
Fred and McTominay can switch in and out. But McTominay will be starting more IMO.

Same goes with Grealish and Bruno. They wouldnt be fixed in their positions. Look at how much Bruno tracks back now. Its the same with Grealish.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Fred and McTominay can switch in and out. But McTominay will be starting more IMO.

Same goes with Grealish and Bruno. They wouldnt be fixed in their positions. Look at how much Bruno tracks back now. Its the same with Grealish.
Bruno is traditionally a box to box midfielder, while Grealish holds onto the ball a little longer and attracts players to them. I would prefer him to do that further up the pitch.

RedorDead21

I never spoke about history or weather. Players can however take into account what kind of team the club is trying to build and what its ambitions are for the near future.
If we get top 4 I don’t think any player would refuse us based on the direction we are heading. We have starting places available. Not many top clubs can offer that to young players. I mean look how many games Lingard has had for us. Sancho is a guaranteed starter even in poor form.

SamoyedSam

Supports
Notts County
Sancho is a potential game changer for United. He's capable of becoming a Salah, Mane, Sterling. Wide forwards have changed football and he's the best one I've seen at youth level. Him and Foden are the cream of England's golden generation. If he ends up at Chelsea they go up another level.

Reactions: 711

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Bruno is traditionally box to box now?

Other than Pep, which other manager is using two no. 10 in midfield with three attackers on 4-3-3 regularly?

And we have a manager who gets good results by having 5 defenders and 2 DMs. What's the chance he'll copy Pep?

Last edited:

James Ward

Can we setup a Go Fund Me Page for Jordan Sancho?

With regards the above Fred and Bruno are the first names in midfield along with Matic at the moment.

I'm still unsure about Scott, long term see him been a squad player and not a regular starter in all honesty.

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
Beneficial for all?
This is such an arrogant statement. Do you really think BVB, who are currently ahead of us in terms of overall quality, would consider replacing their star playing with Chong? On a loan? No way.
When Sancho goes, he will either be replaced by another generational talent who is a notch above Chong, or they will buy an established world class player like they did with Hummels or Witsel. Not a chance they will just loan random talents.

Suvvernmanc

Beneficial for all?
This is such an arrogant statement. Do you really think BVB, who are currently ahead of us in terms of overall quality, would consider replacing their star playing with Chong? On a loan? No way.
When Sancho goes, he will either be replaced by another generational talent who is a notch above Chong, or they will buy an established world class player like they did with Hummels or Witsel. Not a chance they will just loan random talents.
Definately not arrogant. My point is more about him being a 'sweetener' in a possible deal for Sancho. Bvb are obviously known for getting young talent in and making them better. Like Sancho. I did say I didnt think it would happen as they wouldn't want a loan player to develop for another European team. That's not their style as they want to make a profit on said player.

The idea of them getting a player like Chong in is something they have done with us before though like with Januzaj. That was a low risk loan that could have been a good squad strengthener. It didnt work out so he left. No drama.

With Chong being the u23 player of the season, and winning a few PL2 player of the month awards, he is a hot prospect. Inter wanted him so I could see other European clubs taking a look too.

Axel Witsel is a world class player? He definately isnt. Hes in very good form and that's it. He has played for Zenit and some team in China for his best years. At 31 years old he hasn't ever been or ever will be world class. Hummels might once have been world class but that's debatable now.

BvB in my opinion would have Chong for a small fee, but not for a loan deal as i previously stated.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
If Pogba is indeed staying we can go all out for Sancho as he should be our only signing this summer.
Unless Kane is available:p

Midfield is more than OK, imagine saying that.
Attack is more than OK, with Sancho.
I guess we could buy a Lindelof upgrade, shouldn't really be that hard, but I have faith in Bailly and Tuanzebe stepping up.

Mark Pawelek

If Pogba is indeed staying we can go all out for Sancho as he should be our only signing this summer.

I guess we could buy a Lindelof upgrade, shouldn't really be that hard, but I have faith in Bailly and Tuanzebe stepping up.
Without selling Pogba I don't know where you think the money will come from to buy Kane and Sancho.

If Tuanzebe doesn't make it maybe Mengi can?

Floyd

Without selling Pogba I don't know where you think the money will come from to buy Kane and Sancho.

If Tuanzebe doesn't make it maybe Mengi can?
Selling Lingard?:smirk: But Kane is a moot point anyway, Levy is not selling to us. But IF, I'm sure we'll find the funds for such a blockbuster transfer.

Mengi is 18 in april, he's a few years away.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

We could probably still do with midfield reinforcement tbh. A defensive midfielder wouldn’t hurt, and I think Pereira and Lingard will be sold. Perhaps Pogba, Matic, Fernandes, Fred and McTominay is enough for 3 roles, although I think one more wouldn’t hurt. Perhaps Garner could step up, or this role can be used to give the likes of Garner, Mejbri and Bellingham if he joins the odd game.

Floyd

We could probably still do with midfield reinforcement tbh. A defensive midfielder wouldn’t hurt, and I think Pereira and Lingard will be sold. Perhaps Pogba, Matic, Fernandes, Fred and McTominay is enough for 3 roles, although I think one more wouldn’t hurt. Perhaps Garner could step up, or this role can be used to give the likes of Garner, Mejbri and Bellingham if he joins the odd game.
Getting ahead of ourselves are we? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.