Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve88

I think its telling how good he can be that at his age he is better than messi and Ronaldo where at the same age l.

but that is not to say he will be as good as them he could but if not he will/can still be a world class player like Rooney,pele,Ronaldinho,zidane and neymar

Basically the level below Ronaldo and messi who are the greatest ever.

I also think we are his best option as play style will suit him and a young squad to grow with and manager.

Righteous Steps

I think its telling how good he can be that at his age he is better than messi and Ronaldo where at the same age l.

but that is not to say he will be as good as them he could but if not he will/can still be a world class player like Rooney,pele,Ronaldinho,zidane and neymar

I also think we are his best option as play style will suit him and a young squad to grow with and manager.
Well he isn’t better than Messi at the same age for a start, where do you even draw that conclusion from, Messi at the same age was the best player in the world.

Davìd Moyéz

Hope he's not ruined with this kind of nonsense hope and expectation on him.

'If he's not at Messi level he should still able to reach Pele or Zidane level.' :lol: :lol:

Somebody has been playing too much FIFA career mode.

Righteous Steps

'If he's not at Messi level he should still able to reach Pele or Zidane level.' :lol: :lol:

Which doesn’t even make sense because Zidane is not on Peles level either.

billybee99

He is nowhere near Messi at the same age. Not even close. And while I'm at it, to lump Pele into a group including Wayne Rooney and Neymar is an insult, no disrespect to them; Pele was just that damn good.

Last edited:

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron

Pelé!?

Two goals in his first WC final, only seventeen years old. 77 goals (92 games) for his NT. One of the most complete players ever. WTF.

I’m not 100% sure about Sancho‘s level.

Is he more talented or better then Rashford? I’m not so sure. His acceleration and speed isn’t elite, that worries me. His stats are insane for his age but from my eye test I don’t see his X factor, that special component that separates him from the rest. He’s very good but not spectacular.

Im all in of us buying him but he’s not our new Rooney or Ronaldo. Not yet and probably not in the future from what I can see. Let’s hope I’m wrong but if he’s as good as Rashford and Martial I’m more then satisfied.

red thru&thru

Depressing and hopefully unjustified thought, but do you think his support of George Floyd could potentially impact the Glaziers commitment to making funds available for us to get him?

They're American, big-business, who funded Trump's presidential campaign. Like I said, hopefully this is nothing, but given how much is relied on our global brand and marketability to huge corps, I do have a horrible feeling this may be considered.

American establishment have hardly been keen on their promoted athletes taking stances of late.
Although I hate threads going off course, I must mention, not all the Glazer's support Trump. Apparently it's only really Ed Glazer does.

But going back to Sancho, undoubtedly he has the talent to shine and he will, wherever he ends up. I just have a Rooney esq feeling about him. Wazza was phenomenal for our club and country but there's just a feeling he never really fulfilled his talents.

Marvin-ator

Although I hate threads going off course, I must mention, not all the Glazer's support Trump. Apparently it's only really Ed Glazer does.

But going back to Sancho, undoubtedly he has the talent to shine and he will, wherever he ends up. I just have a Rooney esq feeling about him. Wazza was phenomenal for our club and country but there's just a feeling he never really fulfilled his talents.
Rooney never fulfilled his talents? Ha. Look at his stats, his trophies and his accolades! Don't give me this he failed at international tournaments crap... it was a period of failure for the national team.

People quickly forget how amazing Rooney was. I can't even fathom how you'd even make that statement!

Reactions: golden_blunder

Cliche Guevara

fecking ridiculous. Pele is the best player the world has ever seen.

SamoyedSam

Supports
Notts County
Pelé!?

Two goals in his first WC final, only seventeen years old. 77 goals (92 games) for his NT. One of the most complete players ever. WTF.

Is he more talented or better then Rashford? I’m not so sure. His acceleration and speed isn’t elite, that worries me. His stats are insane for his age but from my eye test I don’t see his X factor, that special component that separates him from the rest. He’s very good but not spectacular.

Im all in of us buying him but he’s not our new Rooney or Ronaldo. Not yet and probably not in the future from what I can see. Let’s hope I’m wrong but if he’s as good as Rashford and Martial I’m more then satisfied.
That's an interesting take on Sancho. I watched him extensively for England at youth level before he went to Dortmund and he always stood out. You are correct that he isn't as fast as a Hudson-Odoi or as powerful as a Rooney at that age but what he has is world class ability in the final third. He's a level above Rashford and Sterling in terms of finishing, ability to assist and play through balls and general intricate play around the box. The likes of Sterling, Adama Traore and to some extent Rashford have had to develop end product over time. Sancho just has it. It's composure and a brain that works a bit quicker than most.

Of course there is no guarantee how good he could become but he could give United what Salah gave Liverpool or what Sterling gives City. I don't see that so easily with other targets.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
His acceleration and speed isn’t elite, that worries me.
I see your point, but considering what he has already done at this stage of his carrier I would not worry too much.

The player he actually reminds me of at similar age is Eden Hazard. But I do think Eden Hazard, due to his build, was maybe an even bigger talent. An while Hazard was one of the best player of the past decade in the PL, I actually feel he could have made even more from his talent. I think we have gotten very used to seeing players like Mane, Salah, Sterling, Sane and Rashford, left striker kind of wingers, and therefor thing of these as the blueprint for a winger. Sancho, in my opinion, will be more of a playmaker type. A player who drifts inside infront of the defense and creates, but who also can and will take players on and move into the box.

I think that will suit us. Rashford is very quick and Greenwood will be. We need someone who can find them.

romufc

A few posts about Sancho's pace, I wouldn't be too worried if he is not the same speed as James or Rashford. Sancho's dribbling ability is probably one of the best out there. It is something we lack on the RW, someone who is able to receive the ball and beat a man.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I haven't seen enough of Sancho to make a judgement on him - no doubt he is doing great in Germany so far but anytime I've actually watched him (only for England to be fair) he hasn't stood out at all. He is very hyped right now.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
How financially is Dortmund hit in this crisis? I know that they told how they will not sell players bellow their price tag but that is something what they must say.

RkkMan

How financially is Dortmund hit in this crisis? I know that they told how they will not sell players bellow their price tag but that is something what they must say.
They haven`t been hit that badly but their business model still heavily depends on making big sales so they`ll still have to sell Sancho one way or another no matter how much they play hardball.

RkkMan

Anyone else concerned we *might have a problem fitting him in with our attackers? His stats are better from the LW and stylistically he plays well on the right due to having an attacking fullback in Hakimi and the Bundesliga defenses being very open. AWB is nowhere near as good as Hakimi going forward and we all know how tight PL defenses are so he may struggle playing as a RW for Utd. Even Sane used to play as a RW for Schalke but he struggled there in the PL till he switched to the left. In this Utd team he may be best playing from the left which makes me wonder where that leaves Rashford.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Anyone else concerned we *might have a problem fitting him in with our attackers? His stats are better from the LW and stylistically he plays well on the right due to having an attacking fullback in Hakimi and the Bundesliga defenses being very open. AWB is nowhere near as good as Hakimi going forward and we all know how tight PL defenses are so he may struggle playing as a RW for Utd. Even Sane used to play as a RW for Schalke but he struggled there in the PL till he switched to the left. In this Utd team he may be best playing from the left which makes me wonder where that leaves Rashford.
Not really.

If Sancho gets all the attention then that'll give room to Bruno and Rashford. If they double mark Rashford Sancho gets more space.

That's exactly why we've often struggled in recent years, we've been far too left sided with Mata tucking inside too much and an aging Valencia trying to do it all on his own.

AWB is also not as bad as you make out, having a proper winger like Sancho to link with will help him a lot. He's often left 2v1 which just isn't fair to expect him to do.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Rooney never fulfilled his talents? Ha. Look at his stats, his trophies and his accolades! Don't give me this he failed at international tournaments crap... it was a period of failure for the national team.

People quickly forget how amazing Rooney was. I can't even fathom how you'd even make that statement!
People only remember Rooney of his last years. He was class for us, the key to everything for many years

Bestie07

I haven't seen enough of Sancho to make a judgement on him - no doubt he is doing great in Germany so far but anytime I've actually watched him (only for England to be fair) he hasn't stood out at all. He is very hyped right now.
This is my concern with him as well. Yes, he is posting good numbers but he has never stood out as special whenever I've turned in to watch Dortmund play. Just appears to be another part of a well oiled machine rather than an outrageous talent.

red thru&thru

No, he never fulfilled his talents. He should have been spoken about in the same breath as Messi and CR7. He is not.

RkkMan

Not really.

If Sancho gets all the attention then that'll give room to Bruno and Rashford. If they double mark Rashford Sancho gets more space.

That's exactly why we've often struggled in recent years, we've been far too left sided with Mata tucking inside too much and an aging Valencia trying to do it all on his own.

AWB is also not as bad as you make out, having a proper winger like Sancho to link with will help him a lot. He's often left 2v1 which just isn't fair to expect him to do.
Very good point on double marking. Don`t get me wrong I REALLY want us to sign him but we may need to give him time to adapt IMO. I don`t see him hitting the ground running in a much tougher league.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
No, he never fulfilled his talents. He should have been spoken about in the same breath as Messi and CR7. He is not.
He had a fantastic career and ended up England's all time top goal scorer so he certainly did fulfill his talents. He was never at the level of Messi or CR7 but that is no slight on him as nobody else is either.

red thru&thru

He had a fantastic career and ended up England's all time top goal scorer so he certainly did fulfill his talents. He was never at the level of Messi or CR7 but that is no slight on him as nobody else is either.
Agree with him having a fantastic career. If people remember him when he burst onto the scene and early years at United, he should have been up there with the aforementioned two. He should have been competing for ballon d'or's. This is my opinion.

But going back to Sancho, he will be a great player. Will he be up there competing for the ballon d'or?

red thru&thru

No he shouldn't. He peaked by getting into the same conversation as them, they had another gear to move into. Rooney absolutely reached his potential and fulfilled it.
Maybe. I just feel if he was that little more dedicated, he should have been competing for personal accolades such as the ballon d'or.

romufc

Very good point on double marking. Don`t get me wrong I REALLY want us to sign him but we may need to give him time to adapt IMO. I don`t see him hitting the ground running in a much tougher league.
The thing is with our current RW, the output is so low that even if he gets semi decent numbers in the first season, he could be classed as a success.

Him settling in depends on how well the team plays, if the rest of the team is on fire, he will settle quicker however; if we have injuries and bad form, there will be too much pressure on him i reckon.

cyberman

The thing is with our current RW, the output is so low that even if he gets semi decent numbers in the first season, he could be classed as a success.

Him settling in depends on how well the team plays, if the rest of the team is on fire, he will settle quicker however; if we have injuries and bad form, there will be too much pressure on him i reckon.
Doesnt James and AWB have good numbers?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Maybe. I just feel if he was that little more dedicated, he should have been competing for personal accolades such as the ballon d'or.
Nah, he was at that level for his age when he was 17-19 or so but he couldn't sustain it. The difference with the likes of Messi is that he was vastly better than any other player on the planet at 17 and continued at that level for the rest of his career.

fps

If those are the numbers we are looking for our RW to produce then yes.

I am looking at our RW to get us 10 goals and 10 assists a season.
The way the game is now I'd hope for more tbh!

jamesjimmybyrondean

Pelé!?

Yeah I was quite surprised when I watched him for the first time and realised he's not very fast. He's got good pace though. The thing that separates him from the rest or his x factor for me is his decision making. It's a bit like Messi where he knows exactly the right decision to make. When to pass or shoot or drive into space etc. Sancho has that instinct at a very young age. I think that's part of the reason he's able to play well across the front three.

steve88

For starters I am not the one who said that going off from whatvivread his stats were better and the pele and zidane comment I meant as people say ronaldo abd messi are based ever and sancho can still be world class like those

I don't play fifa career mode mate or football manager

Denis' cuff

Rooney also played for the team and not himself. Sacrificed self-glory for the team - something you’d never accuse Ronaldo of doing. He was a huge reason for our success during his time here. Made a few unprofessional moves off the pitch (not alone there) and overstayed his time but certainly one of the absolute elite of PL. Players like Shearer wanted it to be all about them and the teams played for him, not the other way around. Rooney did so much more and still broke records.

Give me him, over a player GNev said refused to track back and pull his weight before he fecked off to Spain, as soon as became good.

steve88

fecking ridiculous. Pele is the best player the world has ever seen.
Which doesn’t even make sense because Zidane is not on Peles level either.
Pelé!?

Status
Not open for further replies.