Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
We will loss him if we don't get him under this window... next summer there will be number of clubs with tons of gash lining up for him.

romufc

Victor Osimhen literally just cost an Italian club 80m+ euros in a covid market and some of you honestly think Dortmund will feel obliged to acccept the same sort of fee? I'm not the one being unrealistic here :lol:
Not sure where you are getting 80m from, Fabrizio tweeted saying a deal of 60m euros for him.

So Dortmund accepting £80m is realistic, they will also have £20 worth of add ons.

Rolaholic

Not sure where you are getting 80m from, Fabrizio tweeted saying a deal of 60m euros for him.

So Dortmund accepting £80m is realistic, they will also have £20 worth of add ons.
French sources L'Equipe are reporting 80m with bonuses included and RMC/Bouhafsi say 70 + 10 in installments

N1nja-Frog

Supports
Red Devils
Anyone else getting nervous about Woodward snatching defeat from the jaws of victory? :nervous:

@RedRonaldo - Seems a bit forward :wenger::lol:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
If I was the player after the second summer of rumours and preparing bids and no action I’d set my sights on going to a different club. Yes I hope we can do a good deal and I believe we can but if we try and be too cute and miss out this window the we could easily end up losing the player and looking totally indecisive, yet again.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Others report 50mil euros...and it include add ons.
I’m willing to bet it’ll end up being over 100 including ad ons and when it is everyone will be wondering why we didn’t just pay it last summer. It’s just the way we seem to do things. Everyone will be saying oh yeah we got a great deal but in essence it’ll be very close to the same deal we could have done at any stage. It just took us 2 years to get It together. It’s all about looking like we are methodical, the best businessmen and doing all this due diligence. It’s sancho ffs. Everyone in the world knows what he is, what Dortmund want for him and how much we need him. What else is there. If we were genuine and went there with 70 plus ad- ons we’d probably have the player already. Chelsea decide they want havertz and Werner and go get them both done in a month and will save lots of time and money by being decisive (and rich)

RedStarUnited

What would you do if you were him right now?
Start negotiations earlier. Bundasliga ended in June, we could have started these conversations from then and got the deal wrapped by now.

To be honest, I would have started conversations in January.

Judas

Open to offers
Start negotiations earlier. Bundasliga ended in June, we could have started these conversations from then and got the deal wrapped by now.

Where's the proof of when we started talking? Guessed I must have missed that piece of factual evidence, but you seem awfully sure.

lysglimt

Scout

Ed should pass whatever he's smoking.

A year ago an almost 30 year old Hazard with less than a year left in his contract went for 100m+ and a less proven 18 year old for 130m from the portuguese league

In what world can you expect to sign a 20 year old potentially world class forward for less than we paid for slabhead?? :lol:
Realistically Dortmund need cash probably harder than most of the topclubs. They have already spent a lot of money on Bellingham and Haaland the last 7-8 months - and they need to replace their right-back who was one of the best players last season. Of course they are trying to get every euro they can get - who wouldn't. But I think the idea of not getting close to £80-90 million into the club scares Dortmund. Sure they want to keep Sancho - but they need £80 million more than him.

RedStarUnited

Where's the proof of when we started talking? Guessed I must have missed that piece of factual evidence, but you seem awfully sure.
Judging by our past record in transfer dealings. We were interested in Bruno last summer and yet it took until the last day of the window to sing him in January...

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Trophy Room

Doesn’t sound like you’ve been involved in many negotiations. Less is sometimes more.

Vaibhav Raj

Finally sat down and watched few of compilation videos on him on YouTube. I am not the one to be easily impressed by these YT compilations but I couldn't help but be excited as I watched Sancho's dribbling style a lot of clips wherein he seemed to improvise very well in tight spaces. I have always admired players like Hazard who, on their own day, can win you games out of nowhere. Who, with sharp turn and quick touches, can beat midfielders and defenders trying to press high and aggressive. We don't have a player in that mould in our squad yet. Even our two best dribbles in Martial and Rashford don't do particularly well with their dribbles or passes when they receive the ball with their back to opposition goal. If United intend on conceding possession to better sides when pressed well, which United mostly do, we would need players like Sancho to keep possesion when we finally try to break away and counter effectively.

High press has been United's kryptonite for many a seasons now. Our wide attacking players and midfielders look bereft of ideas when pressed well, mostly ending up passing the ball back to defenders. It would do United a world of good to have a player like Sancho who can wriggle out of tight situations, who'd attaract multiple opposition defenders and midfielders towards him to create space for others. I hope United get him.

Coops73

We will loss him if we don't get him under this window... next summer there will be number of clubs with tons of gash lining up for him.
Surely things haven’t got so bad that clubs will be getting the women’s teams involved in negotiations.

Mihai

This is always how negotiations work. They set a top end price, we give them a low ball offer, the deal gets done somewhere in between.

It's clear we desperately want + need him, Woodward isn't going to risk giving other clubs a chance to steal him next year instead. We might not even get the CL again if we don't invest in better players.

As much as people might think he is, Woodward isn't stupid. Even if he can shave off £20m from the asking price, that's 1/2 way to another good player.

Patience!
Exactly.

NecssryEvil

Seems like a risk for both teams to wait until next summer.

Obs United risk everything getting back to normal and then multiple teams lining up for him.

To me though, BVB is taking a much bigger risk. Even if fans do get back into the stadiums, will they be full? And when does this happen? What if Sancho gets injured? No fans, less money, lower sell on value next year. What if they can only get half that 120m? Is it really worth 1.5m a game (based on 40 starts) to risk keeping him for the year?

Say a miracle happens and a vaccine comes along in October (I said miracle) and fans are back and they keep Sancho until next summer. How much do they gain? A year more of him playing and a sell on increase of what?

To me, if I am BVB, I take a slight hit on my 120m stance and guarantee myself a huge influx of cash that helps me get through this next year of uncertainty a little more comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.