Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

arthurka

Are you so sure about that? I mean, he has pace and flair, but is he really a brilliant winger? If so, what does that make Sancho? An über-super-duper-brilliant winger?

Here's a statistical comparison between the two, for some added context.

Zaha:

Sancho:

But sure, we should sign Zaha and Grealish instead.
If Zaha is going for +60m Sancho is clearly worth 120m

saivet

2 windows? I thought he was their rebound signing after the Neymar transfer bombshell was dropped by PSG.
You're right, he was a direct replacement for Neymar. I think it took a while, with Dembele going awol but it was definitely done in the same window.

Fridge chutney

I think its over and if Ed has walked away then well done to him . We were totally ripped off with Maguire and we have got to learn from that and stop allowing clubs to screw us over .

If Sancho wanted to come to Utd he could come out and say so forcing the issue but instead its just all about money as per usual .

Enough is enough its time we concentrate on players that actually want to play for us
This is what I'm afraid of. What's sad is that Jason genuinely seems to want to play for us. Such a frustrating missed opportunity.

0le

Now Süddeutsche Zeitung, a Munich newspaper, have taken a sledgehammer to the transfer, claiming Sancho will ‘probably’ stay with Dortmund. The first part of their article slams the English media collectively, which seems a little unfair in this case, for spreading ‘fake news’ about the move being close
I don't recall anyone in the English media saying the deal was "close" :D

TheReligion

Abusive
It's been reliable German media and the likes of Romano.

The article is a nonsense and there's nothing to substantiate any of the quotes. If Dortmund had of said that it would be all over the place wouldn't it.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
What a joke of an article, how have the English press been saying a deal is close?

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
Actually, Freddie Röckenhaus is one of the most reliable, if not the most reliable, journalist when it comes to the BVB.
Maybe its like i have said before in here: Zorc will stand his ground and if they don't get their sum they have in mind, they just let him play one more season in Dortmund. Arguments for this were mentioned a lot in here.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Maybe this is Dortmund's way of saying "we couldn't give a feck if you walk away, pay up or he's staying"

el3mel

Hope we have 120m available as it seems we'll have to splash the cash. Doesn't look like BVB is fussed about us "walking away if the price isn't dropped".

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
Maybe this is Dortmund's way of saying "we couldn't give a feck if you walk away, pay up or he's staying"
Thats exactly what i was trying to explain from the very begining. This is their state of mind, and they got some arguments for this mindset.

sport2793

Hope we have 120m available as it seems we'll have to splash the cash. Doesn't look like BVB is fussed about us "walking away if the price isn't dropped".
I think United this entire time have been fully intending to pay the price. They are just briefing the opposite so that they don't get fleeced on other transfers they are trying to complete.

Artorias

If it does work that way then Sancho is worth 60mil since Zaha will only cost 30mil this summer.
For 30M i would take a chance on Zaha to be honest.
But i wish we could sign Sancho soon, i don't know how much money is lost in merchandise every day a Sancho N° 7 shirt is not sold.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
He even name checked the intermediary. I wonder what Dortmund are playing at. It’s clear that discussions have taken place
While the German article with quotes and all around a bit sobering, this is a good point. Name checking the intermediary makes it hard to imagine that there was no contact of any sorts. All a bit strange, even if it's just Dortmund posturing.

sport2793

https://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/borussia-dortmund-transfer-jadon-sancho-1.4990356

Ok, this article says it all, inclusive quotes from Watzke and Zorc. And this counts, its a Röckenhaus article. Iam changing my opinion in this moment: it seems that Sancho is staying one more year in Dortmund. If until 10. August things changes dramaticaly, no transfer.
I feel worse for the Dortmund fans in this moment. Zorc said the same stuff with regards to Dembele right before he moved. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Posturing.
According to Watzke, they still haven't received any kind of offer for him, not from Utd, not from and kind of handler. And he doubled down on the deadline. The coming days will be interesting.

cyberman

According to Watzke, they still haven't received any kind of offer for him, not from Utd, not from and kind of handler. And he doubled down on the deadline. The coming days will be interesting.
But an offer wont come in unless they reach a number they both agree on

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Has anything happened in the last 3 hours or are we just filling the pages out of pure excitement?
Simon Stone basically backing down over his previous tweets and rehashing what Fabrizio Romano was saying all along is the only development

Status
Not open for further replies.