Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
How many of you think we are still working on a deal with BVB or at least there’s contact with BVB, or is this already dead? Because i wonder why Sancho hasn’t come out to commit his future to them just yet
It's impossible for us to know what exactly is happening. But all the indications suggest that he will be at Dortmund for another season and that we've not been able to meet their price or get it down. To me it just looks like we'll reach the end of the window and the narrative will be "We tried right till the end, Covid-19 etc got in the way and here's a few players like Telles, etc that we did deliver". However, we'd have missed the mark for our main transfer target. That's my feeling whatever nonesense tactics we seem to be employing to get absolutely nowhere in the meanwhile.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

So taking everything into account the summary is this:

Sancho probably would prefer to come to United to be back in England and play a major role in bringing our club back to the top. However, he is also really happy where he is right now and has no pressure with age being on his side, and things look bright for Dortmund with some great young players. So he won't force a move.

Dortmund have no economical need to sell him. And despite the actual crisis things will be more or less back to normal in one year, and his market value might be even higher then. So this is similar to the stock market, where prices are low right now. However, you won't sell at this moment as this would be a stupid thing, given that sooner or later the prices will reach higher levels again. The big clubs will come back and invest heavily in 2021/2022 so no sense in giving assets away for cheap.

Woodward seems to be sure that something like 80 Mio should be enough right now, as the economy lies on the floor. I could see Dortmund accommodating us with a small discount or some kind of structured deal, but surely not a 25% discount.

pacifictheme

So taking everything into account the summary is this:

Sancho probably would prefer to come to United to be back in England and play a major role in bringing our club back to the top. However, he is also really happy where he is right now and has no pressure with age being on his side, and things look bright for Dortmund with some great young players. So he won't force a move.

Dortmund have no economical need to sell him. And despite the actual crisis things will be more or less back to normal in one year, and his market value might be even higher then. So this is similar to the stock market, where prices are low right now. However, you won't sell at this moment as this would be a stupid thing, given that sooner or later the prices will reach higher levels again. The big clubs will come back and invest heavily in 2021/2022 so no sense in giving assets away for cheap.

Woodward seems to be sure that something like 80 Mio should be enough right now, as the economy lies on the floor. I could see Dortmund accommodating us with a small discount or some kind of structured deal, but surely not a 25% discount.
Nah the deal is dead. I think only a bid of 108 and Sancho handing in a request have a chance of getting this done now. Anything less makes Dortmund look a little silly.

Coops73

This is common knowledge to those working at Manchester United and I happen to know a few.

Ole gave Woodward Jadon Sancho as his primary transfer target. Ed Woodward knew all along the amount Dortmund valued Sancho at. There is no way Ed would fail to deliver on what Ole wanted .Think about it, if United were not going to buy Sancho, cheaper alternatives would have been brought in already.

It will happen trust me.

Red71

Son even managed to improve his numbers without moving to an elite club!
Haha, yeah, as if some very good players might improve as they get older and stronger and more experienced...imagine that!

Someone please explain to GlastonSpur that a young lad who is still to mature is already posting a better figures than Son so imagine what the finished article could be like. The valuation is always going to be inflated to reflect that!

I’ve got a couple of Spud mates so you’d think I’d be better equipped to ignore Glaston’s nonsense but...

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Disagree.
Pogba has been class.
But too many expect him to do it all by himself.

He has been let down by his team-members being unable to do much with his passes. It's a shame that last season was cut so short for him. I believe this season he will truly shine, more so if we get a proper RW in allowing us to stretch both sides more making it unpredictable for the defenders.
Only if you've a very low barrier for what you call class.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
There's no chance Dortmund will reject the offer if it comes in for Sancho because of the circumstances of this economic reality within the footballing market.
That's delusional, really.

They won't sell this summer (anymore). Not even for 120m€.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

I think they will. I don't think any (non mega rich) club in the world is in a position to turn down that kind of money at the current climate

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Of course they will. I think you’re getting caught up with too much bundesliga pride.
They should just form a single club the way they band together.

Having said that, this isn't happening and we have indeed cocked it up it seems

passing-wind

Delusion ? Maybe you should study the reality of economics because the only fact in the matter is that every single club in world football will have been influenced negatively financially due to the pandemic. There's no chance Dortmund would reject a 120 million offer when there's so much uncertainty regarding the infrastructure of the footballing market. Dortmund's business model is predicated on player sales it's the ethos of their profitability.

crossy1686

career ending
While there's still time, there's still a chance.

Don't count out Woodward spending £150m on Sancho and saying "We had money to burn all along, he's worth more than Dortmund's valuation".

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Thing that's confusing me is, why have we not come out and briefed that we're done? We usually would and we'd spin it saying Dortmund were being unreasonable etc.

Plus if we were truly done with him, rumours would be spreading like mad about who were going for next. I just dont understand what were doing at all

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Thing that's confusing me is, why have we not come out and briefed that we're done? We usually would and we'd spin it saying Dortmund were being unreasonable etc.

Plus if we were truly done with him, rumours would be spreading like mad about who were going for next. I just dont understand what were doing at all
Ornstein said in his podcast that the talks are still at an impasse. It could well be that Dortmund are doing all the leaking to expedite things so that they can in turn invest in a replacement before the window closes.

passing-wind

I think United's best bid is around £90m and with £50m up front and 2 x £20m over 2 years. Perhaps some add-ons could also be included, but those would have to generate United extra revenues (Eg winning PL or CL).
Yes, when you consider the trajectory of how this saga has panned out I think this is the underlying reality behind everything.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Beyond embarrassing at this stage.

Apparently the biggest club in the world but they've signed one player, all other teams have been more than competitive on the field and with signings.

Gandalf

Cannot agree with the bolded part. Latest talk on vaccines is pointing to around April next year at the earliest and with winter approaching we are increasingly seeing rises in new cases globally and the long term effects are really just starting to kick in. If the current season is actually concluded and that is no guarantee, it will almost certainly be played without fans for most of the campaign and probably much smaller crowds when they are allowed back in. Next Summer the transfer market may well be dead besides free agent deals and all except the very wealthiest clubs will be in a position of having to sell top talent at a huge discount to balance the books.

romufc

This is common knowledge to those working at Manchester United and I happen to know a few.

Ole gave Woodward Jadon Sancho as his primary transfer target. Ed Woodward knew all along the amount Dortmund valued Sancho at. There is no way Ed would fail to deliver on what Ole wanted .Think about it, if United were not going to buy Sancho, cheaper alternatives would have been brought in already.

It will happen trust me.
:lol: :lol: Ed Woodward has told the entire staff at Manutd he is buying Sancho.

Ed Woodward has no plans to buy Sancho.

We have no plans to spend more money, cheaper loan option will come in at the end of the window.

Ed knows if we sign anyone before the end, the revolt will be too much.

DanClancy

Next summer Sancho will have 2 years left on his contract, long term he clearly doesn't want to stay at Dortmund so knows by signing a new contract he's going to make it far more difficult to leave.

I don't think there's going to be a bidding war for him next summer either, Real/Barca will have other priorities and he doesn't strike me as the type who'll want to go to PSG.

romufc

Next summer Sancho will have 2 years left on his contract, long term he clearly doesn't want to stay at Dortmund so knows by signing a new contract he's going to make it far more difficult to leave.

I don't think there's going to be a bidding war for him next summer either, Real/Barca will have other priorities and he doesn't strike me as the type who'll want to go to PSG.
The problem is Dortmund will only give him higher wages if a new contract is signed.

I agree Barca / Real may not come in but for sure Liverpool and Chelsea might, as soon as that happens we go to third choice.

That is all assuming we even get CL football, if we don't bye bye Sancho,.

OleTheGreat

I think you are right simply because i think BVB set the August deadline to get replacements in just in time to go into preseason with a squad that will play in the upcoming season. I highly doubt they'll accept any bid in the last week and struggle with the squad without Sancho's input. We had this transfer ideally in the bag before Aug 10 and I think we blew it. He may now go on and play at Bayern (preferably), Madrid, Barca or even Liverpool. We may have sadly blew our chance to get him ever. Very sad unless he really wants to get back to Manchester and don't want to play for City anymore which is the only chance we may get him in the future windows. Ed should go to hell. We lack a proper hierarchy in this club and it is literally showing in our games now. That Palace game was the worse I have seen a United team play in ages. It was poor through and through. I don't think we'll have a great season and we definitely should not blame Ole for that although I blame him for choosing a bad lineup for the Palace game.

#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
it’s remarkable how easily people make this remark and without any economic evidence or rationale.
It’s a preposterous statement and a virtually impossible scenario to happen.
I’d like to know exactly where these extra profits will come from.

Last edited:

rotherham_red

Are you mad? Of course they'd sell!

Europe is currently on course to have a second wave of infections, and the richest, most financially powerful league in the world is going to be the most fecked out of every league in Europe. Real and PSG are the wild cards, but Real will have their eyes solely on Mbappe, and PSG have their own FFP constraints that their working through this summer.

£108m is about as good as it will ever get for Dortmund. I don't blame them for setting that price, it's their prerogative after all, but if they are thinking that they will get as good or better price next year, they are absolutely deluded. Unfortunately however, I don't trust Utd to even get the deal done next year on the likely reduced terms, so it's all a bit of a moot point atm.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

It didn't stop him signing a new deal last summer did it!
Players generally don't worry about the future. They'll take the easy way of staying put for a huge increase. They presume a team will make it happen down the line somewhere.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I don’t understand so many posters delighting in this transfer being off, like yay we’re not going to improve!

It seems unlikely at this point admittedly but the train never stops, it just changes destination! CHOO CHOO!

pacifictheme

I don’t understand so many posters delighting in this transfer being off, like yay we’re not going to improve!

It seems unlikely at this point admittedly but the train never stops, it just changes destination! CHOO CHOO!
I am very far from delighted. Doesn't mean I think it's still on.

Status
Not open for further replies.