Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief123

If there is a willingness to sell Sancho it's at 120-130M € and no less than that. There's absolutely no interest to do a deal below that amount and everybdoy who's telling you otherwise is a liar. So there's a chance Dortmund will still sell, but not at a discount or a compromise "deal" as Sky puts it.

Even if you offered what Dortmund is asking for, something you are obviously not willing to do, it would still take the player's initiative to actively push for the move to make it happen at such a late date. There has been no evidence of any such intentions from Sancho this summer. He got his major pay-raise and contract until 2023 and seems very keen on playing a successful season at Borussia Dortmund. Furthermore reports from Germany suggest that United is not his definite #1 destination. He is reportedly intruiged by the idea of inheriting Lionel Messi's spot at Barcelona that is bound to become available in 2021.
The German Defence League now have a new narrative. It’s actually quite cute how much effort Bayern fans put into the protection programme. Bless them.

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
So, how long is this thread if we take out all the posts talking about how long this thread is?

Paul778

So isn't happening despite all the posturing.

Dortmund need time to source a replacement and spend their money

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

It is happening despite all the posturing.

I don't give a feck about Dortmund's need for a replacement or their money

SATA

Dortmund can always buy his replacement in January. Meanwhile Sancho is still on! I refuse to believe we are that keen on Dembele

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
The German Defence League now have a new narrative. It’s actually quite cute how much effort Bayern fans put into the protection programme. Bless them.
Not sure why it's necessary to use nationality in the context of insults and ridicule. It seems so small minded, even in the time of brexit ;)

El Zoido

Nope. They don’t need a replacement, and waiting until late in the window gives them an excuse as to why they’re banking the money instead of reinvesting it.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I presume some people will say this is happening tomorrow... and I'm going to win the Euro Lottery

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
If there's someone who needs to be protected it's United fans who've been lied to and deceived by their local media on countless occasions since at least 2013, yet are still gullible enough to get played for clicks and ratings by the same people who've done this to your fan base time and time again.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Honestly it would make the thread a lot shorter too if folks would stop linking useless journos and other outlets claiming to have some update or news.

Instead - just accept that this will happen.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Furthermore reports from Germany suggest that United is not his definite #1 destination. He is reportedly intruiged by the idea of inheriting Lionel Messi's spot at Barcelona that is bound to become available in 2021.
He was tapped up by Jürgen who then told BD to hold on until next summer, and stall out Ed. Naturally, Watzke and Zorc obliged happily and the three sang YAWN together to seal the deal

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
If there's someone who needs to be protected it's United fans who've been lied to and deceived by their local media on countless occasions since at least 2013, yet are still gullible enough to get played for clicks and ratings by the same people who've done this to your fan base time and time again.
Thank feck you're here to protect us

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
Always preferred the Bundesliga Brigade myself :D
Much better, thanks! I always liked the internationality and all the positivity regarding other countries on here and this thread is starting to smell.

What about the PL Delusional Squad regarding this transfer? I mean...it ain't happening :lol:

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Just pay it. He's easily 3x the player Sarr is/could be, and less expensive in that sense.

He's less of a risk injury wise than Dembele, and would be on lower wages.

No brainer. We've got the money despite what some say, and he wants to play here. Back the manager, not into an imaginary corner.

clarkydaz

Much better, thanks! I always liked the internationality and all the positivity regarding other countries on here and this thread is starting to smell.

What about the PL Delusional Squad regarding this transfer? I mean...it ain't happening :lol:
hand the player over and we can go back to it

Chief123

Not sure why it's necessary to use nationality in the context of insults and ridicule. It seems so small minded, even in the time of brexit ;)
In what way did I ridicule? I said it was cute.

Last time I checked, Dortmund and Bayern were both in Germany.

SATA

Seems like we won't have him in time for Spurs in Sunday. Deadline day then! Or he can come to the game in United gear at Old Trafford and watch us too ;)

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Just pay it. He's easily 3x the player Sarr is/could be, and less expensive in that sense.

He's less of a risk injury wise than Dembele, and would be on lower wages.

No brainer. We've got the money despite what some say, and he wants to play here. Back the manager, not into an imaginary corner.
If we had to just pay it like many of us wanted, it wouldnt have reached this stage where we have 4 days left to go and little to show for it.

Chief123

So cute. :D

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Can you tell me a time where the club have briefed the player to be a priority right until the end of the window, before it not materialising?

I am in agreement that UK journalists are generally rubbish, but you must consider that the briefing from the club has NOT been that the deal is off. Until that happens we can fully anticipate the transfer.

Dortmund are known to bluff, and they are known to succumb if the money is on the table. So as far as I read this situation, Dortmund have a price, they won't budge. Manchester United want the player but not for this price.

Either we pay the required amount as time wears thin or Sancho pushes for a move and there is a compromise on the matter.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
They keep saying we won't pay it.

It's £18m more for god sake, I mean it's not like they're asking for 50m extra? If united can't find £18m from somewhere for a world class player then something is very wrong. I'll carry Dan James to Leeds for that if I have to

I suspect we will keep trying and trying until the last minute, then we will pull the plug and it'll all happen very quickly - perhaps even deadline day.

Chief123

He was tapped up by Jürgen who then told BD to hold on until next summer, and stall out Ed. Naturally, Watzke and Zorc obliged happily and the three sang YAWN together to seal the deal
Did they all fall asleep together?

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Maybe it's because most of us can't understand why so many German posters of other teams are in this thread, trying to provide justification for Dortmund's reason of not wanting to sell or whatever.

I can never imagine myself being involved in a discussion about a Liverpool target or actually (shudder to even think about it) justifying how Liverpool are in the right for doing something.

Matriac

Wouldn't really work as we don't have fans of other PL teams in here saying that Sancho is coming to United. But for some reason there are quite a lot of fans of various Bundesliga teams almost defending Dortmund by saying he isn't gonna leave them now.

Anyway, Sancho is coming lads.

Castia

But apparently we bid €100m......bidding another €20m doesn’t seem too unrealistic yet they’re ‘sure’ we won’t pay it.

I smell shiiiit. Deals been off for weeks, it’s better for us to look active than doing nothing. Better for journo’s it drags on for clicks/views, sky are fecking loving this whilst Dortmund just get on with it and have said now 20 times he’s staying another year.

Uniteds board are a fecking disgrace but hey at least we tried right....

Status
Not open for further replies.