Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas

Open to offers
Yeah, he's not covered himself in glory this year. I think he's been too busy.

My opinion is that he went a bit early on the Sancho deal thinking it was straight forward and has had to just keep to his story
To be fair the Sancho deal couldn't be more straight forward. Everyone and their goldfish knows how to do the deal and what it takes. As usual we've made it look ridiculously complex.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Only one club will have screwed up mate and that’s United.

Sancho is obviously for sale. But he is for sale at €120 million Euros. That’s Dortmund's valuation, end of story.

If they get that during a pandemic where the entire world is in financial chaos then they will be applauded not ridiculed.

Dortmund’s communications have been a message to United, “ you know our price, you don’t want to pay it so he stays”. That message has been loud and clear and is very much a way of them telling United to pay up or feck off.

United on the other hand, have backed themselves into a corner. Whatever happens now, the board are going to come out of this looking like bafoons.
Well, that's not the perception over here. Pretty much everyone believes Dortmund's claims that he'll stay, no matter what United offer. Fans, experts, players, journalists alike. If he actually was for sale, Zorc and Watzke will get much stick. Personally, I believe that's bullshit. Every player is for sale for the right sum. If you'd bid Dortmund a billion, obviously they'd happily eat their words. The question is where they draw the line. And I believe that would be somewhere between 150m and 200m €, not 120m.

But that's what I mean. United seem to have been convinced that the player is for sale because otherwise they wouldn't have continued their efforts while Dortmund is briefing the exact opposite. One club will have some explaining to do after the window has closed.

clarkydaz

Well, that's not the perception over here. Pretty much everyone believes Dortmund's claims that he'll stay, no matter what United offer. Fans, experts, players, journalists alike. If he actually was for sale, Zorc and Watzke will get much stick. Personally, I believe that's bullshit. Every player is for sale for the right sum. If you'd bid Dortmund a billion, obviously they'd happily eat their words. The question is where they draw the line. And I believe that would be somewhere between 150m and 200m €, not 120m.

But that's what I mean. United seem to have been convinced that the player is for sale because otherwise they wouldn't have continued their efforts while Dortmund is briefing the exact opposite. One club will have some explaining to do after the window has closed.
Surely the middle men involved in the deal would have told United then the deal is dead, dont bother with any bids? Unless United are that dumb

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Surely the middle men involved in the deal would have told United then the deal is dead, dont bother with any bids? Unless United are that dumb
If the deal was dead we would have walked away 100%.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Seriously cannot wait for all this to be over. Its getting a bit tiresome now, nothing tweet comes out that's negative, people go into meltdown saying its over.

Positive news comes out, people say its rubbish or that we shouldn't believe it. Hell, ive got to a point now where I dont care if it happens or not

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Yes, something doesn't add up. At least one club has behaved in a way that is very hard to comprehend.

Brophs

The One and Only
I don't think there's any incentive for the middle men to tell us the deal is dead, when (1) they stand to make a lot of money if they can get it to work and (2) there is, quite likely, a price that Dortmund will sell at. They may feel they can get something to give. "Let's keep talking" is the most used phrase by professional negotiators, in my experience.

BlahRules

Less than £35m ? Wow, we are in trouble.
Without fans in the stadium we will have less revenue than last season. If going by this year with the clubs COVID statement, we will have less money next summer transfer.

Hoof the ball

This feels like the last mile of the cross country run when you're nowhere near the front, so you know you're not winning, but far enough away that you just have to stagger your way to the finish line anyway.

Need a fresh injection of something positive. The Ole presser, the media stories this morning and the storied history of Ed is more depressing than a Radiohead LP.

Dan600

Our fanbase could be interesting next summer. Dembele comes on loan, with an obligation to buy for £60-70M, which in turn gives Barca the money to buy Sancho. Imagine the scenes... :wenger:

Believe it come October 2nd, whether we get Sancho/Dembele/Zaha/Sarr/Cantwell/Brooks. At least we'll know and all this nonsense can stop.

EDIT: Or no one. There's always a chance we sign no one.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
As i said couple of times. We don't have money and only way how this deal could have been done is by Sancho pushing for transfer. He didn't. That is it. That was his choice, his career and future will say was he right or wrong.
Next year he will not be cheaper for sure plus few other clubs will be in the race.

He is not good anyway. :D

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Definitely. We'll scramble to bring Dembele in on loan now imo. Complete calamity of a transfer window.
Then watch with our heads in our hands as he goes down to an injury within the first month of being here, ruling him out until mid next year.

Yes hes super talented but really not a risk work taking for his injury record

romufc

Without fans in the stadium we will have less revenue than last season. If going by this year with the clubs COVID statement, we will have less money next summer transfer.
So you are saying that all of our transfer budget comes from matchday revenue?

In that case, no club will be able to afford even to pay wages to their players.

Figures suggest that the revenue will drop £140m - we make about £700m revenue so the drop is less than 20% but our transfer budget drops from £100m to less than £35m? that is 65% drop.

We have got rid of £50m Sanchez wages, £15m for Smalling.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner

In that case, no club will be able to afford even to pay wages to their players.

Figures suggest that the revenue will drop £140m - we make about £700m revenue so the drop is less than 20% but our transfer budget drops from £100m to less than £35m? that is 65% drop.

We generate around £5m in revenue every single home match and we didn’t furlough our match day staff so are still paying them all. Big losses every game behind closed doors at OT.

romufc

We generate around £5m in revenue every single home match and we didn’t furlough our match day staff so are still paying them all. Big losses every game behind closed doors at OT.
Yes, the cost of that is £140m apparently.

We are not the only club to play behind closed doors either. The theory that we cannot spend money because we play behind closed doors whilst Spurs who are spending almost £100m completely throws that theory out the window because we get £80m from CL which we did not have last year.

reddevilchennai

I don't believe this we don't have the money. Look during next year annual report, how much Glazers have pocketed from our club. Scumbags. Need to get rid of these leeches and their good for nothing CEO.

shahzy

You really are overestimating Woodward. He is the perfect mixture of egotistical and incompetent. Egotistical to refuse taking no for an answer and therefore far about all summer trying to make it happen anyway whilst failing because he is just shit

Dempsey19

Reports are saying Dembele is a permanent move not a loan.

Also, as I've said time and time again. Sancho deal has been dead since 10th August.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Thats also my belief, if the deal was dead, I seriously don't think we'd even bother chasing it. There was be no point at all.

Regardless of what's said in the media, I do believe that we will sign SOMEONE before the window closes. Whether that be Sancho or Dembele, we'll get someone in

BlahRules

No need to speak about how much revenue we generate each season. The point is we have not spent much unless we sell players to buy another player.

If we are not going to spend because of COVID and the club will lose further money next season then we won't be spending much for next couple of seasons.

In the last 5 years we spent 138 million. You can see we needed to sell to buy the players, we are not using our other revenues to buy them.

So yes we are screwed if we can't buy now then it will be worse next season.

Mike Phelan's Former Tash

If reports are true that Sancho has agreed terms with us, then he's sat there looking at the possibly of another £80-100k p/w more than what he earns now at dortmund (just speculation on my part) - surely he's pushing for this move internally while 'ill'

Judas

Open to offers
If reports are true that Sancho has agreed terms with us, then he's sat there looking at the possibly of another £80-100k p/w more than what he earns now at dortmund (just speculation on my part) - surely he's pushing for this move internally while 'ill'
He can push all he wants, if we're not willing to make the bid they'll accept it means nothing.

SuperiorXI

As i said couple of times. We don't have money and only way how this deal could have been done is by Sancho pushing for transfer. He didn't. That is it. That was his choice, his career and future will say was he right or wrong.
Next year he will not be cheaper for sure plus few other clubs will be in the race.

He is not good anyway. :D
That remains to be seen... anything can happen in football.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Enjoy the Sancho I hope it makes you happy. Dear lord, what a sad little life, BVB. You ruined my window completely so you could have the Sancho and I hope now you can use him for lessons in grace and decorum. Because you have all the grace of a reversing dump truck without any tyres on.

The White Pele

It means pressure at least, to accept a lower bid than they would usually.
I don’t think Sancho seems the type to down tools. So even if he kicks up a fuss, it’s a few days of noise for Dortmund until the window closes after which Sancho will probably pick himself up and get on with it.

dweb

If we did indeed bid 91m, then surely the deal won't be over for the sake of another 17m?

pacifictheme

No need to speak about how much revenue we generate each season. The point is we have not spent much unless we sell players to buy another player.

If we are not going to spend because of COVID and the club will lose further money next season then we won't be spending much for next couple of seasons.

In the last 5 years we spent 138 million. You can see we needed to sell to buy the players, we are not using our other revenues to buy them.

So yes we are screwed if we can't buy now then it will be worse next season.

I wouldn't trust those numbers as Everton had a big spurge, didn't they spend about 50 million on sigurd son alone? 63 million seems way too low for them.

peridigm

I don’t think Sancho seems the type to down tools. So even if he kicks up a fuss, it’s a few days of noise for Dortmund until the window closes after which Sancho will probably pick himself up and get on with it.
I completely understand why he hasn’t submitted a transfer request. We have not shown we have his back if he does. He’d look like an idiot if he threw a fuss and we just sat on our hands like have.

Judas

Open to offers
Enjoy the Sancho I hope it makes you happy. Dear lord, what a sad little life, BVB. You ruined my window completely so you could have the Sancho and I hope now you can use him for lessons in grace and decorum. Because you have all the grace of a reversing dump truck without any tyres on.
:lol::(

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
There's been one aspect to this saga which hasn't been discussed on here much if at all I don't think. Sancho agreed to extend his deal last summer for 1 further year (which evaded the entire public and press). This has only strengthened Dortmund's hand and weakened his and ours. Probably wasn't the wisest decision he made to do that in hindsight if he had aspirations of moving to the PL.

Had he only got 2 years left this summer instead of the 3 he now has Dortmund wouldn't be in a great position at all. They'd have to cave and they still may of course but it's not as likely.

It's been an absolute shambles all round basically.

VanGaalEra

#Favre about #Sancho and #Bürki : "At the moment I don't know - especially with the novel. Jadon had a slight cold. We'll see today."#BVBSC

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

Status
Not open for further replies.