Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don’t want to sound like a nostalgic old fuddy duddy but my god, the current crop of transfer muppets have the constitution of cheap, wet bog roll.

bondsname

1312 pages, over 52 000 posts, all for nothing. What a waste off time :lol:

Just lock this already.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
For weeks I have been asking why we retained confidence Dortmund would do a deal. There seemed no obvious reason to me to think there was something in the offing.

Literally nothing has changed for at least a month. This was dead a long while ago and has been kept alive by transfer 'gurus' wanting new Twitter followers, and fans wanting to believe United sources talking of preparing bids meant Dortmund might actually accept one.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Ornstein is basing this on the fact that he hasn't yet heard anything from MUFC.

I refuse to let this go just yet.

Harv

Agreed on both points.
Impossible for some people to understand

Highfather_24

The fact that we WASTED the entire window and failed to get him, and didnt look for alternatives sooner..

This has happened AGAIN and AGAIN at this club for the last few years. And the failures of these sagas are reflected on the pitch. This is beyond embarassing.

fecking sack Woodward and Judge. Everybody could see this was coming. The level of incompetence is staggering.

They had literally one fecking job. Get a competent RW in time. And they fecked it up royally. FFS.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I feel for those that retained hope. The way in which all associates with Dortmund made clear the deal was off should have sent the signal. There was no chance they were going to embarrass themselves like that.
The worst approach to a transfer since Ed got here. Tops the Fellaini debacle.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I don’t want to sound like a nostalgic old fuddy duddy but my god, the current crop of transfer muppets have the constitution of cheap, wet bog roll.
I beg to differ for my own part.

I have been here since the beginning of the summer and still think we might get him. It ain't over until it's over.

GoldanoGraham

Be interested to see what the ‘official line’ on the Sancho discussions are - I’m sure our spin will be very different to what BvB say but I’m sure all the excuses are prepped already......

the most frustrating thing with this all is that if we had come out with a statement some time ago saying that we just couldn't afford this in the current climate then expectations wouldn’t have been so high and people could understand.....if on the other hand we learn that we bid the full amount late on and got rejected because it was too late in the day then that really should be classed as Gross Misconduct and the fall out will be nuclear

Whatever ends up happening today it shows no real strategy and any good work to repair our reputation in transfer dealings etc has all been undone with late deals that reek of panic.....

one can only hope beyond hope that this will lead to a structural change at the club so this complete shower doesn’t repeat itself yet again

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Even when they’re ruling it out, it’s still ‘looks to be off’ and ‘set to stay’.

It’s been a weird one from start to finish this

YAMS49

The fact that we WASTED the entire window and failed to get him, and didnt look for alternatives sooner..

This has happened AGAIN and AGAIN at this club for the last few years. And the failures of these sagas are reflected on the pitch. This is beyond embarassing.

fecking sack Woodward and Judge. Everybody could see this was coming. The level of incompetence is staggering.

They had literally one fecking job. Get a competent RW in time. And they fecked it up royally. FFS.
Here here. Well said.

Highfather_24

When Sancho signs for Liverpool next year and becomes one of the best players in the world, while we are struggling with the likes of Dan James and Jesse Lingard , it would feel real good wouldnt it.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I beg to differ for my own part.

I have been here since the beginning of the summer and still think we might get him. It ain't over until it's over.
Vault Dweller, welcome to the irresistance.

dev1l

Last year our net spend was 70-80 m euros.

This year, considering that Bruno s fee was taken from this Summer s budget + VDB we already exceeded that figure.

Imo any Ins over and above Bruno and VdB have to be financed by OUT s.

Ie Smalling will finance Telles.

Cavani and probably Dembele - no transfer fee for the time being.

Also younger players have a separate budget.

That s why Sancho imo was a non starter

romufc

Whats funny, there is a player who wants to come, agreed terms, a seller willing to sell. A player who has been pushing for a move yet we cannot do this deal.

Instead, we will get someone who didnt want to come, injury prone and will cost 3/4 of Sancho's price.

Barthez

We had a deadline - we missed it. Woodys little game has spectacularly failed!

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Whats funny, there is a player who wants to come, agreed terms, a seller willing to sell. A player who has been pushing for a move yet we cannot do this deal.

Instead, we will get someone who didnt want to come, injury prone and will cost 3/4 of Sancho's price.
What the fans see
What the Glazers / Ed Woodward sees

Status
Not open for further replies.