Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

K_Ash

We didn't pay 120 mil for Sancho because we didn't value him that much. It is as simple as that. Does anyone other than Dortmund actually believe he is worth that?
that's all it is. IMO, it comes down to his pace as winger. We know he has the vision, he has everything except that electric pace. When I hear that he is a "Faster" Mata..sure but not at 120 M!

redshaw

Feel sorry for Sancho. That’s a lot of emotional uncertainty to deal with for a young guy. And now he probably feels like an idiot having to return to Dortmund, despite being promised it was a done deal.

wouldn’t surprise me if he has lost all confidence and respect for seniors at our club.
Quite damning if true.

I remember Sancho saying to United to sort themselves out last summer and this summer he may have experienced first hand the incompetence and understand we'll never be sorted with Ed and Co.

2E_MUFC

Why? Go to someone else who didnt show interest in him at all?
If anything he would blame the selling club surely?
We’ve pretty much messed him around the whole window. Agreed personal terms and if it’s to be believe. He thought it would be going through. Pretty much has told Dortmund he don’t want to play that’s why they’ve said he’s “ill”. All for him to go back after the international break.
Pretty sure other teams are interested. They just couldn’t afford him. Chelsea could be back in the running for his signature next season.

Dr. StrangeHate

Feel sorry for Sancho. That’s a lot of emotional uncertainty to deal with for a young guy. And now he probably feels like an idiot having to return to Dortmund, despite being promised it was a done deal.

wouldn’t surprise me if he has lost all confidence and respect for seniors at our club.
It is his fault for signing a contract without getting assurances that he will be sold for a fair price. No way is he worth 120 mil.

always_hoping

This still happening?
Doesn't look like it, even that attention seeker Mark Goldbridge has given up on him joining and he was running with a so called 90% club that he would join.

What we know from tier 1 journalists is Sancho wanted to join and agreed personal terms but fee not agreed between clubs as Dortmund wouldn't lower fee and Woodward and Co wanted to get him cheaper.

clarkydaz

i guess we have an idea now why Evra has been on Sky cracking up and posting 2am videos saying what a shambles the club is

Judas

Open to offers
Honestly as soon as I saw how Evra was reacting yesterday I knew this was a dead dealio. Maybe there was zero connection, but in my gut I just felt it.

That and the fact we're just awfully run from top to bottom.

man united 4eva

I still stand by what i posted on the 10th of August.. "The whole Sancho saga has the makings of becoming one of the most unsavoury episodes in the history of RedCafe transfer muppetry".. :D:devil:

klsv

Looking more and more unlikely this, should probably start thinking of some alternatives.

patty123

I don't agree at all with Liverpool not being in the race, they could get a deal done on instalments, their negotiators are smart enough to do that, and probably for quite a bit less than United were quoted too.

So let me get this right, according to you BD wouldn't take the payment from us in installments but be willing to do it for liverpool next year and cheaper when there is a good chance they be financially worse off then they are now if the scientists are to be believe on covid been a major issue for the next 9/12 months, ok.

This years signings was done only done thanks to Wolves wiliness to let a player go they value at 45 million and only seek 4 up front for the first year, and BM taken it also like that on the Thiago deal, you really think BD are going to accept their terms, if yes, gis some of what you are smoking.

Show me when since fsg took over have they heavily invested in players when they didn't have the money they did when they signed those 2 for the money made from their player going to Barca for 100 plus.

FizzyWomack

Can someone make a thread just to hurl insults at this imbecile called Woodward?
Harsh..
Fizzy has a point tbf
What's @FizzyWomack done to you ?
Not fizzy. That absolute donkey called Ed Woodward.
Thanks lads, I needed the laugh. Albeit only lasting a couple of seconds.

I love this club to death but I’m sick of the shambles we are in.

cyberman

We’ve pretty much messed him around the whole window. Agreed personal terms and if it’s to be believe. He thought it would be going through. Pretty much has told Dortmund he don’t want to play that’s why they’ve said he’s “ill”. All for him to go back after the international break.
Pretty sure other teams are interested. They just couldn’t afford him. Chelsea could be back in the running for his signature next season.
All transfers like these have personal terms etc agreed. The fact Dortmund have been so vocal and acted so tough puts a lot of emphasis on them, hence the acting out this week.
We gave Jadon what he wanted and the club could not afford him in a pandemic. I dont see whats so galling about it. We tried to the very end to get hin, I dont see how another club who didnt even try or thought he wasnt worth it would be in a better position.
There was literally a leak last week saying he was happy to wait a year for the move.

ChaddyP

Doesn't look like it, even that attention seeker Mark Goldbridge has given up on him joining and he was running with a so called 90% club that he would join.

What we know from tier 1 journalists is Sancho wanted to join and agreed personal terms but fee not agreed between clubs as Dortmund wouldn't lower fee and Woodward and Co wanted to get him cheaper.
I notice this phrase being used alot. kind of strange to me

Irrational.

This was the summer to get him. We have now missed the boat and can't see us in for him for a third consecutive summer. The ship has now sailed, we can forget about this one forever lads, except in 'players we almost signed' threads.

53K posts :lol:

RedDevil83

Still takes us alllllllllll day to sort out these 2 who apparently were pretty much done yesterday

HackeyC

That actually would have given us much needed liquidity
I dont think letting Pogba go would encourage Sancho to come.

Whatever we offered for Sancho was market value because the fact is, he remains unsold. If we had lost him to Chelsea because they outbid us then I'd get some of this negative sentiment, but the reality is that Dortmund are either over valuing their asset at this point in time, or that he is worth more to them for his on pitch performances than is being offered.

HackeyC

It is his fault for signing a contract without getting assurances that he will be sold for a fair price. No way is he worth 120 mil.
Wholly agree, it's almost like his agents advised him with purely their interests in mind and not his.

MrSingh2002

What pisses me off the most is they've delayed the Telles and Cavani announcements to make up for not getting Sancho.

We all knew those deals were done and medicals done 24 hours ago.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
What pisses me off the most is they've delayed the Telles and Cavani announcements to make up for not getting Sancho.

No-one really gives a shit. Let the window end, there will be war against Woodward

mancan92

Why? Go to someone else who didnt show interest in him at all?
If anything he would blame the selling club surely?
Why? We knew what it took. Got him all excited even got him to push for a move only to piss about and not get it done. I'd be pissed beyond belief the only people responsible for this is us.

GameOn

For all those saying that Sancho isn't worth 120 million ... remember that we paid 80 million for Maguire, nearly 50 million for AWB and 50 million for Fred.

ravi2

That is the thing that pisses you off the most??!

feck Ed and feck the Glazers. Neil Aston and all this horseshit propaganda cant save Ed now. Its going to be open war on him

cyberman

Why? We knew what it took. Got him all excited even got him to push for a move only to piss about and not get it done. I'd be pissed beyond belief the only people responsible for this is us.
Unless we told Jadon we would definetley pay 120m then I cant see what promises we could even break.
We tried our best and Dortmund said no. Its the stupid contract signing last year that fecked it and Jadon will know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.