Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nights

Salah (28 years), Mane (28 years) and Firmino (29 years). I assume Klopp will be looking to refresh his front line at some point. Could be as early as next summer. Real have not spent anything this summer as they look to spend big on Camavinga and possibly either of Mane or Salah for the RW.
Real are saving all their pennies for Mbappe.

gajender

Liverpool or Chelsea, i doubt Sancho want to come here after what happened in this window.
Unlike us Sancho must be aware of how things went down with Dortmund and we might not even be at fault at all it could very well be the case of Dortmund being quite unreasonable in how transfer fees was supposed to be paid , Sancho might have much more lenient view of the situation than uninformed masses.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Why’s everyone so doom and gloom in this place?

Yes we missed out on him.

But why not get him next Summer or January?

This isn’t some muppet talking, I’m saying, logically why can’t we get him next year? It’s clear that we are his first choice. But he is also a professional and won’t kick up a fuss like Dembele did. There’s no harm in waiting he’s what? 19? 20? He’s had every chance to flirt in the media with other clubs but United has always been his number 1.

Let’s just enjoy the season and wait until next season, or maybe even January (very very very unlikely) and we go again.

We’ve bought well this Summer and judging by how quick the deals went through, proved, to me atleast, we know how to do deals & Ed did what Ole asked and is push for Sancho until the very end.

When it looked like Sancho wasn’t going to happen, looked what happened with the other deals, bang, bang, bang all done and all done relatively quickly.

Sure it’s disappointing but £108M is a lot for 1 player. We’ve signed what? 5 maybe 6 players for the same money?

I fully expect some defenders to be sold in Jan, less on the contract and as a result cheaper.

Matriac

Unlike us Sancho must be aware of how things went down with Dortmund and we might not even be at fault at all it could very well be the case of Dortmund being quite unreasonable in how transfer fees was supposed to be paid , Sancho might have much more lenient view of the situation than uninformed masses.
I don't think you're allowed to be reasonable on here.

BlackShark_80

Nah, i think Sancho was pretty much aware of what happened. Woodward even tried to lowball Sancho's wages.

jackal&hyde

It was never going to happen for 120mil. I'm glad we didn't pay. That money is much better served in filling a number of positions as our main problem is depth and not the strength of the first 11.

gajender

Nah, i think Sancho was pretty much aware of what happened. Woodward even tried to lowball Sancho's wages.
I think you got it wrong but that's my opinion I still believe we would go for him next season and he would be more than willing to join us.

gajender

I don't think you're allowed to be reasonable on here.
Agreed it all doom and gloom in here, yes optics of this transfer look bad but nobody actually knows how things went down apart from Dortmund , United and Sancho and how it would impact our pursuit for Sancho in future I for one is still very confident if we go for Sancho next season we would be his preferred destination.

BlackShark_80

I think you got it wrong but that's my opinion I still believe we would go for him next season and he would be more than willing to join us.
Maybe, although the article also mentioned Sancho's entourage was unimpressed with our attempt.

dinostar77

So who do we think he will join next year? I think Liverpool will get him for less than what was quoted this year.
Liverpool would have to off load either Mane or Salah. Which would be dependent on them selling them to Barcelona or Madrid. Seeing as Mbappe is on the market next summer that will be Madrids priority. No-one knows what Barcelona's priorities will be with a new president (Fonnte, most likely) and Xavi in charge. Will Messi stay? Who knows?

Cant see Chelsea being in for him as they have too many attackers already and the defence needs fixing. So i dont think there would be that much competition for him, especially at his price when other clubs who would bebin contention have limited funds (covid) and more pressing needs elsewhere.

I think we have a good shot with Sancho next sunmer on the proviso that we qualify for CL. Also depends if Pellestri or Diallo make and instant impact ala a young Cristiano Ronaldo or Ryan Giggs and the club decides to invest that money elsewhere.

gajender

It's revisionist bs if I remember correctly Athletic sources earlier were suggesting no formal deadline was communicated to United by Dortmund and suddenly after the window has closed it seems they have flipped their story completely . They are just catering to despondent and disappointed United fan base nothing more .
And if this was the case why they didn't break this earlier.

Redcy

Liverpool will sell Mane or Salah, and if they win the league again then will have a load of money in the bank, also I reckon you could see the Liverpool board free up cash.

Chelsea could easily fund a Sancho move next year.

Yes we would still be an attractive proposition, but if Sancho tears it up again Real and Barca could both potentially have access to the monies needed.

Rolaholic

Sancho postmortem:

Absolute bloody shambles...

A serious club would look into making serious changes regarding the way we do business but unfortunately the club couldn't care less about being looked at as jokesters around Europe and not challenging for anything as long as the money rolls in

Last edited:

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
It was never going to happen for 120mil. I'm glad we didn't pay. That money is much better served in filling a number of positions as our main problem is depth and not the strength of the first 11.
Firstly it's not guaranteed that money is going to be go anywhere near other transfers.

Secondly, how you can you say that we haven't got a problem in our first 11?? That's a mental statement! We could buy a CB, DM and a RW who could literally walk into our first 11??

I'm not on for paying mental money for one player either, but that's about the only part of your post I can agree with.

Our first 11 is still bang average...

DevilRed

A serious club would look into making serious changes regarding the way we do business but unfortunately the club couldn't care less about being looked at as jokesters around Europe and not challenging for anything as long as the money rolls in

Why would anyone pay 100m+ for a player in this enviornment?

dortmund didn't even try to negotiate directly with us and would not budge at all on their valuation. It wasn't a negotiation at all. It was an unrealistic feck you which is why nobody even put in a bid.

Lets see where they are next summer. I still can't see anyone paying that type of money for a single player after another year of covid. In fact, I'd expect dortmund to be in financial difficulties much like the majority of football clubs soon will be.

One thing is for sure, based on our track record we won't give up on him.

We have been pretty persistent with our targets starting with Maguire, to Bruno and Donny. We may have had to wait but eventually we got the players.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Sancho postmortem:

The £50m net spend budget is an interesting one. Hadn't heard that before.

Maybe that's why the club was so dogged about getting 'value' for our cast offs?

lewwoo

He will go elsewhere next summer. We had our chance and blew it. Despite what the posters on here who work for the glazers pr team might try to spin it this window has been a complete shambles.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Sancho postmortem:

Undervalued? Jadon, no other club in the world is about to pay anywhere near €120m for you. COVID or no COVID, you’re not worth that, especially not to the non British clubs. No other British club has spent anywhere near that amount on a single player and they’re not about to change that for Jadon flipping Sancho either. Put it into perspective, City’s record signing cost roughly a bit more than half of Sancho’s asking price.

ovoxo

Why would anyone pay 100m+ for a player in this enviornment?

dortmund didn't even try to negotiate directly with us and would not budge at all on their valuation. It wasn't a negotiation at all. It was an unrealistic feck you which is why nobody even put in a bid.

Lets see where they are next summer. I still can't see anyone paying that type of money for a single player after another year of covid. In fact, I'd expect dortmund to be in financial difficulties much like the majority of football clubs soon will be.

One thing is for sure, based on our track record we won't give up on him.

We have been pretty persistent with our targets starting with Maguire, to Bruno and Donny. We may have had to wait but eventually we got the players.
I was under the impression that COVID could behind us by early next year but it’s clear this will go on for another year. I think we may see a small amount of fans return before the end of the season but losses will continue for every club.

In 2019, I felt that we blew our chance of getting him. Then again towards the end of this window I thought the same, however COVID will continue to impact clubs and I cannot see Real or Barca going in for him, especially when Real want Mbappe. I can’t see Liverpool going in for him, because they’d have to sell Salah or Mane and I can’t see clubs paying the price for them, plus they’ll be around 29. He won’t go back to City imo.

I think we’ll be in for him and Chelsea maybe, but after the outlay they had, I don’t think they’d target a winger. I think they’ll go for a CB and CDM first and even try for Oblak next summer. We need to get top 4 though in any case to really have a good chance of getting him.

My only concern is that he’d take around £100m out of our budget next year, and depending on the situation with the CB we may still need a RW, CB and CDM.

Last edited:

cyberman

So why throw a hissy fit if he felt undervalued by Utd?
Literally no other club thought he was worth that. Utter nonsense.
Go back to last summers thread, we were told more clubs would be in for hin this year. Not much of a stampede huh? Almost as if 120m deals are rare and only 1 or 2 can afford it

Dr. StrangeHate

Sancho postmortem:

Dortmund set an unreasonable price, we didn't pay it, nothing shambolic about it. Next year he will go to another club for under 100 mil.

jackal&hyde

Firstly it's not guaranteed that money is going to be go anywhere near other transfers.

Secondly, how you can you say that we haven't got a problem in our first 11?? That's a mental statement! We could buy a CB, DM and a RW who could literally walk into our first 11??

I'm not on for paying mental money for one player either, but that's about the only part of your post I can agree with.

Our first 11 is still bang average...
I didn't say that, calm down. I said depth is a bigger problem then the first 11, because it is, or was. Bruno/Pogba out in comes Lingard and Pereira; Martial out in comes Ighalo (till Jan); Shaw can't attack much and needed replacing for some time according to many.

IMO given that we didn't have 200mil to spend, the squad is stronger with the players we got compared to if we only got Sancho. It's not sour grapes either as I wanted him here, but I was delusional about our budget. It was the right call to pass on one player in favor of 5.

djdhrubs

Sancho postmortem:

This sounds like the Dortmund version of the story.

onemanarmy

If we match Dortmund's valuation next season, he'll come, I don't buy the idea he won't come because Dortmund were holding out for a crazy fee.

Rolaholic

Let it go mate some posters here like to just wallow in self pity and constant negativity.
Right you've got it figured out captain optimistic,my apologies for not acknowledging our geniusly shrewd management. We're brilliantly ran and are really building something special at the club alright

MDFC Manager

Sancho postmortem:

A lot of this seems to be made up bullshit, but i'd believe the money and intention bit. I think we had neither the money nor the intention to buy Sancho at anything close to Dortmund's quoted price.

Status
Not open for further replies.