Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

EwanI Ted

I think it’ll be Pogba to share that role. With Fred/ McT filling in as a deeper role.
Agreed. Given that Matic isn't going to be playing 50+ games next season, and since Fred and McTominay work well with each other, I think we'll see those two in midfield with one of Pogba/Bruno in front of them on plenty of occasions. Sancho and the other attackers are all very flexible so we might see Sancho from time to time in different roles, but starting from the right and just interchanging with other players mid-match will be where he spends most of his time.

GJNJ

Basically 2 days later once they’ve realized it’s the most sellable piece of info :lol:

To be honest, not everyone is as up to date as we are on these forums.

I’ll give you my own example. I didn’t even know Caf existed until 2 years ago!

Till then my source for transfer gossip was ESPNFC, BBC & SKY with rare visits to Goal. Now I’d laugh if I ever used ESPN, SKY or Goal again. Barely even check BBC anymore.

But the stereotypical and generic audiences usually get their transfer news from these aforementioned sources.
Yet we all get confirmation at the same time when Man utd confirm it. It was alot less stressful with transfers etc when I didn't get hooked into the transfer drama's.

ChaddyP

Basically 2 days later once they’ve realized it’s the most sellable piece of info :lol:

To be honest, not everyone is as up to date as we are on these forums.

I’ll give you my own example. I didn’t even know Caf existed until 2 years ago!

Till then my source for transfer gossip was ESPNFC, BBC & SKY with rare visits to Goal. Now I’d laugh if I ever used ESPN, SKY or Goal again. Barely even check BBC anymore.

But the stereotypical and generic audiences usually get their transfer news from these aforementioned sources.
I remember when there never used to be a twitter thread. We would scan articles from magazines and upload them on to the caf with our 56k dial up modems

STYLOISRED

80m upfront, 10m if he scores 25goals, 10m if plays 25matches, 10m if we win the premier league, 10m if we win the UCL.
Someone call Ed and tell him i have a solution for him.

padzilla

Hipster
There's going to be a last minute panic buying of other targets after we finally pay Dortmund what they wanted all along for Sancho a few days before the deadline.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Yet we all get confirmation at the same time when Man utd confirm it. It was alot less stressful with transfers etc when I didn't get hooked into the transfer drama's.
I actually don’t find this stressful at all. Discovering Caf and getting more involved has been fun for me. And the muppet inside me :angel:

Helps kill time if nothing else.

Riz

I actually don’t find this stressful at all. Discovering Caf and getting more involved has been fun for me. And the muppet inside me :angel:

Agreed. First memory of the caf I have was from looking for any updates online about us trying to sign Luke Shaw back in 2014. The transfer forum is a brilliant hub for all the rumors, updates and news - I would never consider using anything else now for as long as I'm interested in the transfer window (so probably forever). Why bother surfing the web when all the relevant information you could ever need is filtered through onto here as it breaks.

AgentP

Hope we get this deal over the line quickly. I think he's going to be amazing for us and give our team so much more creativity and goal threat. Bruno, Pogba and Sancho should be enough to break any team that sits back and defends. Rashford, Martial and Greenwood just need to get into the right positions and they will get plenty of goals.

TheHeya

Agreed. First memory of the caf I have was from looking for any updates online about us trying to sign Luke Shaw back in 2014. The transfer forum is a brilliant hub for all the rumors, updates and news - I would never consider using anything else now for as long as I'm interested in the transfer window (so probably forever). Why bother surfing the web when all the relevant information you could ever need is filtered through onto here as it breaks.
Gotta love transfer season on caf. Earliest memory was probably the Ozil and benzema transfer. Not having an account and just refreshing the threads. Ozil tweeting BELIEVE and Benzema apparently changing into a United shirt for a fifa advert are just some of memories I have.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
If this deal goes ahead, and it looks a dead cert at this point in proceedings, would there be a more competitive front four than Greenwood, Rashford Martial, and Sancho in the PL, or Europe for that matter?

GJNJ

Stressful is probably the wrong word, but ignorance is bliss, particularly when the don't happen.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
If this deal goes ahead, and it looks a dead cert at this point in proceedings, would there be a more competitive front four than Greenwood, Rashford Martial, and Sancho in the PL, or Europe for that matter?
I’d say the closest 4 to us would be Mbappe, Neymar, Icardi & Di Maria. Icardi seems like the weakest link outta them but he’s a clinical finisher just like Greenwood.

Hence yeah presently they’d be the closest.

I’d then rate Aguero, Sterling, Mahrez & KdB close second just because Aguero is almost past his prime and Mahrez is good but not great. At least not yet but now that Sane is gone it’ll be his moment to become a top 10 wide player.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Mirror now posting shite about Sancho preferring Pool over us. Either they re making up shit to get clicks or Dortmund is planting stories to drive up the price.
They’re just copying the Kicker article from earlier.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I’d say the closest 4 to us would be Mbappe, Neymar, Icardi & Di Maria. Icardi seems like the weakest link outta them but he’s a clinical finisher just like Greenwood.

Hence yeah presently they’d be the closest.

I’d then rate Aguero, Sterling, Mahrez & KdB close second just because Aguero is almost past his prime and Mahrez is good but not great. At least not yet but now that Sane is gone it’ll be his moment to become a top 10 wide player.
Yeah, it's impossible to look beyond PSG's attack. It's the best in Europe by a large distance.

As for the PL: with the addition of Sancho, we must be on par with City and Liverpool's attack, especially considering the average age of both of those sides.

Exciting times.

DancingPanda

There's going to be a last minute panic buying of other targets after we finally pay Dortmund what they wanted all along for Sancho a few days before the deadline.
No. I'm predicting a last minute record deal of Depay in the dying minutes of transfer day.

Verminator

Indeed 80m is ridiculous! but I'd rather play Pogba as AM than Sancho, if Bruno can't play. McSauce is good enough to play alongside Matic or Fred behind the AM.
I won't argue with any of that, other than your preference of Pogba over Sancho for AM slot. What I will say is, even with Sancho we would would still be short in the front 4 positions, if we had 2 injuries there.
If it was Bruno and Pogba, we would be back to Lingard/Mata/Pereira.
Sancho safeguards both lines of attack, without paying over the odds for Grealish.
A capable deputy for Matic, (a much cheaper position to reinforce), would make more sense financially, in terms of balance, and in future squad quality.

SATA

And what do they mean by "back from Manchester", are they implying Sancho was here to discuss a deal?
Don’t think he would need to be in Manchester to discuss a deal. That’s for his agents and both clubs to do. The day he flies into Manchester is when he’s here to take a medical and sign the contract with everything sorted

Status
Not open for further replies.