Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idxomer

I’m gonna say it now I honestly think he will be an expensive flop. I don’t think he’ll get anywhere near the goals/assist as in Germany. I rather we spent this money on a proper Striker and let Rashford, Greenwood, Martial fight it out for the other spaces.
Martial is a proper striker and he would be wasted again on the wings.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I’m gonna say it now I honestly think he will be an expensive flop. I don’t think he’ll get anywhere near the goals/assist as in Germany. I rather we spent this money on a proper Striker and let Rashford, Greenwood, Martial fight it out for the other spaces.
Martial is a proper striker.

Skills

Snitch
If we sign him, we'll have the most expensive defender in the league, the most expensive midfielder in the league and the most expensive forward in the league.

Yet we still won't be expected to challenge and our fans will still complain about us not spending money. Mental.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
If we sign him, we'll have the most expensive defender in the league, the most expensive midfielder in the league and the most expensive forward in the league.

Yet we still won't be expected to challenge and our fans will still complain about us not spending money. Mental.
We can’t even buy success like the other clubs. Fail :nervous:

Bestietom

Chiesa would be my second option if it's true Sancho prefers Liverpool.
I would also like to see Megalhaes come here, to partner Maguire.

GJNJ

Hope it is only paper talk.
It came from the German media, which sounds typical of their petty knife twisting that BVB do.

Reminds me of when Mkhitaryan joined us and they tweeted he has joined 'Europa league team' Manchester United.

RedDevil83

I know it'll mean absolutely nothing but he's gone very quiet on social media. Hasn't put anything up on Instagram for a week...maybe been told to stay quiet by his people until things are sorted? Or maybe I'm looking too far into it

theklr

Tbh, the gap we needed to bridge was abit bigger than the other top clubs. But yeah, if we wont challenge next year (if we get another midfielder) , Ole will have some pressure on him.

romufc

The problem is spending it correctly.

Spending £50m on Fred for example.

Spending £20m on Dalot and the like is pointless.

We never had a plan of spending the money. Before this window, we hadnt singed a starting RB and RW for how long?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Dortmund players return to training today, aren’t they? Or is it Thursday next week?
According to The Evening Standard, I think so (they say this week).

But that Aug 10 deadline keeps ringing in my ears, and I had thought that's because they return on 10th?

Infestissumam

According to The Evening Standard, I think so (they say this week).

But that Aug 10 deadline keeps ringing in my ears, and I had thought that's because they return on 10th?
they return to training today. Aug 10 is when they leave for Bad Ragaz, where they have their summer camp. So that's their final deadline for a Sancho deal (or so they say).

SATA

they return to training today. Aug 10 is when they leave for Bad Ragaz, where they have their summer camp. So that's their final deadline for a Sancho deal (or so they say).
So Sancho will be there too. No reason he wouldn’t be there training if the deal is not agreed yet. Let’s hope for any indication later on if the media can get a word or two from him or his club

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
How much fun is it being Dortmund, by the way? Scour Europe for the hottest young talents not getting games or disgruntled with their club; purchase them for a pittance; raise the pokemon for a couple of years; sell for 5* or more what you got them for! Rinse repeat!

This whole loop will repeat in a couple of years for Bellingham!

Dortmund fans: are you happy with this policy that keeps you in perpetual flux and never sees you realistically challenge Bayern?

GenZRed

120 million euro asking price? That is insane. So much for COVID-19 bringing princes down.

Infestissumam

How much fun is it being Dortmund, by the way? Scour Europe for the hottest young talents not getting games or disgruntled with their club; purchase them for a pittance; raise the pokemon for a couple of years; sell for 5* or more what you got them for! Rinse repeat!

Dortmund fans: are you happy with this policy that keeps you in perpetual flux and never sees you realistically challenge Bayern?
from what I get from German forums, most of them are pretty pissed because they are well aware of the fact that they can never really challenge Bayern. They had a window now while Bayern had Kovac and Dortmund had a good team around Sancho and Hakimi, but they've wasted that with Favre and now the opportunity is gone for years again. Must be frustrating.

SATA

Probably Haaland first then Bellingham. I’m surprised they haven’t try to sign Angel Gomes yet and sell him for a profit three years later if he turns out any good

Offsideagain

I just get the feeling that someone is lurking in the background to gazzump United at the eleventh hour. Ed Woodward will try to get him on the cheap, Newcastle will be bought by the Saudis who will dangle a huge cheque under Dortmund’s noses (and Sancho’s) and he’ll be off to the Toon.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
from what I get from German forums, most of them are pretty pissed because they are well aware of the fact that they can never really challenge Bayern. They had a window now while Bayern had Kovac and Dortmund had a good team around Sancho and Hakimi, but they've wasted that with Favre and now the opportunity is gone for years again. Must be frustrating.
I wondered if this policy will cause a rift between the board and the fans as it's so polarising. For the board, they are making a fortune off this enterprise, but for the fans, everytime they become attached to whichever star turn is tearing it up for them, they know their time with him is on the clock and he'll soon be gone and with him, they go backward and start the whole process again.

It's quite demeaning, but at the same time Dortmund had major financial issues so this was a necessity, but... when does it stop? And at which point does it become an addiction? Making 100's of millions of euros this way time and time again must be intoxicating far beyond the point of financial security.
Probably Haaland first then Bellingham. I’m surprised they haven’t try to sign Angel Gomes yet and sell him for a profit three years later if he turns out any good
Yes, you're right. Another one who'll be ripped from them by 2022 at the latest.
He's training today, so I'm guessing there won't be any developments.
Let's see how much bile the English press manage to come up with to fill the void!

Adam_S

Haaland will be the next one sold for mega bucks in a year or two.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Haaland will be the next one sold for mega bucks in a year or two.
If he continues his form that is. He's still a big kid really...let's see if he develops a better all round game or gets found out next season

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If he continues his form that is. He's still a big kid really...let's see if he develops a better all round game or gets found out next season
Similarly to Vardy, if you run fast, move well and finish just as good you'll score goals whatever happens. Haaland is the same even if his link up play could be better.

Infestissumam

MEN saying we are relaxed and feel Dortmund want to pressure us into making early bids and pay a premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.