Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

See, now why do we accept tweets from skidmarks like this but look down our noses at ITK tweets. I genuinely believe this guy knows as much as the 'ITK' posters on reddit (nothing.)

I don't think he's privy to a feckin. single. word. more than we are on the caf gents. And this goes for 99% of all reporters, until such a point where EVERYTHING is agreed for a day or so before a club announces a signing.

I also think that there are genuine ITK's that work within clubs that know MORE than any of the press. Of course, we won't ever know the genuine ones, I'm just pointing out the paradox and questioning why we hang on the word of any journo's.
Theres more genuine ITK with 500 followers than these guys. Simply mates who have been told hes coming back.
Apparently a few of Pogbas friends were slyly tweeting his return back in the day and nobody picked up on it, too busy analysing Balagues salty statements.
As an aside, its rewarding to see old Guillen have less credibility these days. I never see him mentiones anymore

croadyman

Read the article from Open goal, he has pretty good description of the player.

He reminds me a bit of Hazard, not the fastest player, but he is a fantastic dribbler and playmaker.

I have been very certain about this transfer for a while already and can’t even get excited anymore about. I have started to muppet over our other transfers this summer.

@.mica see you in the Haaland thread next summer!
Still think there could be a couple of signings to muppet over this summer after Sancho

Gazza

The point with Stone is though that what he's told by the club could be the complete opposite of what's actually truly happening. This is why as a source of info he's probably actually not worth listening to
True but I’d say that just means people need to exercise their cognitive powers and decide how to take Stone’s info. Compare that to Twitter/Reddit ITKs, consumption of which can actually impair one’s cognitive functions.

hungrywing

See, now why do we accept tweets from skidmarks like this but look down our noses at ITK tweets. I genuinely believe this guy knows as much as the 'ITK' posters on reddit (nothing.)

I don't think he's privy to a feckin. single. word. more than we are on the caf gents. And this goes for 99% of all reporters, until such a point where EVERYTHING is agreed for a day or so before a club announces a signing.

I also think that there are genuine ITK's that work within clubs that know MORE than any of the press. Of course, we won't ever know the genuine ones, I'm just pointing out the paradox and questioning why we hang on the word of any journo's.
There was a fellow on here or on reddit who spoke about how his work as a football journalist had changed with the rise of the internet and how his job changed from more careful reporting to literally 'just write anything plausible we need the clicks or the paper is going to die' and how it was the same for everyone.

RUCK4444

There was a fellow on here or on reddit who spoke about how his work as a football journalist had changed with the rise of the internet and how his job changed from more careful reporting to literally 'just write anything plausible we need the clicks or the paper is going to die' and how it was the same for everyone.
That makes total sense. I literally don’t believe a word any of them say, and to be honest even the good ones only really seem like reliable ones because they hold out until it’s almost nailed on to happen before putting their necks on the line.

The rest just talk pure nonsense and brazenly go about giving absolutely no fecks whatsoever. But sure enough people will lap it up in the next window same as before, year in year out.:confused:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
People get weirdly upset about some reporters. Simon Stone is definitely one of the core journalists for the club, and he writes what the club tells him officially pretty much. He doesn't do speculation really. Just whatever stance the club is at. Now often times, the club will deny deny deny until it's official, and that goes through him, but for him he probably isn't all that interested in reporting about the mess that football transfer windows are, so he's ok with dealing with only the "official word from the club" on these matters, and getting scoops with everything else (while remaining a very respectable journalist).

There's already a top tier of reporters for transfers for pretty much every major league, and that's Di Marzio/Romano/Bouhafsi basically. They evidently have great links to the main football agents, and report based on the trusted info they get from them. The rest are incredibly hit and miss, with a good chunk who try to post scoops pretty much just going off of gut instinct more than actual knowledge. Like it's obvious that United want Sancho, and that Sancho is interested in coming. Everyone roughly knows the price. Anyone can from there claim that it's pretty much all done and that it's "final details being worked on" for a very random amount of time. If it comes true in a month, doesn't mean they were wrong, but also doesn't mean they didn't make it up off of common sense and gut instinct. So reporters like Stone who pretty much is used as the main mouth piece for the club to swing a story one way or another, he's probably not all that interested in getting much more than that, as he has what he wants already.

Stretender

You are just annoyed that he is saying the truth but he is correct. Stone is a credible journalist and works for a reputable organisation in the BBC. He will not discredit himself but writing silly ITK stuff. Manchester United use people like Stone to plant news because people listen to and believe the BBC more, its what it is. It is clear as day that Manchester United don't want to pay the 120 million. They clearly want the player but they are also not stupid enough to pay 120 million in a 1 horse race. They will meet somewhere I dont know what that level will be. Woodward runs an organisation that looks after so many people's livelihoods. He won't be throwing money around like a red cafe transfer gossiper. These people make huge financial decisions, we all know the club has debt, people need to stop pretending that there is Abhu Dhabi free money at Old Trafford. Sancho will be bought at a price that makes economic sense to Manchester United and Ed Woodward. Its that simple.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

Bild: Memphis Depay is also on the shortlist as a replacement for Sancho and is valued at €44m.
I think he could easily end up being a cracking signing for them. He’ll get plenty in the league and a few in the CL against better teams and the talk will be about how he’s a very good player and that we were stupid to let him go. He would also probably have one more big move left in him if he was to sign for Dortmund this year.

I think he was just trying too hard here to be the superstar and he wasn’t far enough ahead in his development to be as effective as anyone would have liked. Once shaw got injured that was him done. Add to that he lost the coach that believed in him and it was just best for everyone for him to move on. Dortmund are clever when it comes to spending their money and this could prove to be another very shrewd acquisition.

RUCK4444

You are just annoyed that he is saying the truth but he is correct. Stone is a credible journalist and works for a reputable organisation in the BBC. He will not discredit himself but writing silly ITK stuff. Manchester United use people like Stone to plant news because people listen to and believe the BBC more, its what it is. It is clear as day that Manchester United don't want to pay the 120 million. They clearly want the player but they are also not stupid enough to pay 120 million in a 1 horse race. They will meet somewhere I dont know what that level will be. Woodward runs an organisation that looks after so many people's livelihoods. He won't be throwing money around like a red cafe transfer gossiper. These people make huge financial decisions, we all know the club has debt, people need to stop pretending that there is Abhu Dhabi free money at Old Trafford. Sancho will be bought at a price that makes economic sense to Manchester United and Ed Woodward. Its that simple.
OK i'm not sure where you have gone with that post, I've not mentioned numbers, I'm talking about Journo reliability. I'm not arguing for or against what Stone tweeted, to me it just further shows that journo's know sweet F A.

You said it yourself, the little these guys are told is 'planted' by United. Now, we don't know how often that happens but it's safe to say Ed isn't speaking to Journo's like stone every day - I mean let's agree that much eh? Yet these journo's tweet 'updates' daily, often multiple times a day, and people like yourself seemingly lap it up.

Ask yourself this, how often would it benefit a club the size of Manchester United to choose to conduct their business in the form of 'planting' information within the notoriously untrustworthy and morally questionable British media? Rather than Ed just picking up the phone and speaking to his counterpart at Dortmund. :lol:

I feel it probably only does happen when the club would like to save face over something like a transfer falling through or an expensive fee etc.
Those rare occurrences shouldn't create a full time job for a sea of journo's claiming to be 'in the know.'

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think he could easily end up being a cracking signing for them. He’ll get plenty in the league and a few in the CL against better teams and the talk will be about how he’s a very good player and that we were stupid to let him go. He would also probably have one more big move left in him if he was to sign for Dortmund this year.

I think he was just trying too hard here to be the superstar and he wasn’t far enough ahead in his development to be as effective as anyone would have liked. Once shaw got injured that was him done. Add to that he lost the coach that believed in him and it was just best for everyone for him to move on. Dortmund are clever when it comes to spending their money and this could prove to be another very shrewd acquisition.
Yep, he bulked up too much for United and clearly struggled with the pressure.

Since he's moved to Lyon he looks back to his best and was really unlucky with getting that injury, but I think he would be really good for BVB.

They'd probably get him for 50/60m euros also which would make a good profit margin.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout

He’d be a very good signing for Dortmund well suited to them.

I’d have him back at United to be fair before the emergence of Greenwood.

GledTheRed

We were shit when we had him, imagine him now linking with our attack.

Decent player who unfortunately for him joined at a bad time and wasn't given a fair crack by an under pressure manager, same as Zaha. Both players should never have been sold, talent was obvious.

RUCK4444

People get weirdly upset about some reporters. Simon Stone is definitely one of the core journalists for the club, and he writes what the club tells him officially pretty much. He doesn't do speculation really. Just whatever stance the club is at. Now often times, the club will deny deny deny until it's official, and that goes through him, but for him he probably isn't all that interested in reporting about the mess that football transfer windows are, so he's ok with dealing with only the "official word from the club" on these matters, and getting scoops with everything else (while remaining a very respectable journalist).

There's already a top tier of reporters for transfers for pretty much every major league, and that's Di Marzio/Romano/Bouhafsi basically. They evidently have great links to the main football agents, and report based on the trusted info they get from them. The rest are incredibly hit and miss, with a good chunk who try to post scoops pretty much just going off of gut instinct more than actual knowledge. Like it's obvious that United want Sancho, and that Sancho is interested in coming. Everyone roughly knows the price. Anyone can from there claim that it's pretty much all done and that it's "final details being worked on" for a very random amount of time. If it comes true in a month, doesn't mean they were wrong, but also doesn't mean they didn't make it up off of common sense and gut instinct. So reporters like Stone who pretty much is used as the main mouth piece for the club to swing a story one way or another, he's probably not all that interested in getting much more than that, as he has what he wants already.
I'm not weirdly upset. I'm just questioning the mindset around the topic.

The first bolded bit... How do you know this? Is it in his job title? Have the club confirmed this?

The second bolded bit... I agree these guys are reliable, but as I eluded to, from what I've seen they are only reliable because they usually only pipe up and really put their name to a deal when the deal is effectively across the line.

I may be wrong but I think many of us believe these guys are told a hell of a lot more than they actually are. I'll leave it there as this is the Sancho thread.

SinNombre

Do we have a sell-on clause on Memphis?

Would be great if we did and could solve the Sancho issue as well if we had 20% clause like Zaha.

Bvb pays €60m for him, we get €12m which we give back to them to get closer to their target number.

hungrywing

Do we have a sell-on clause on Memphis?

Would be great if we did and could solve the Sancho issue as well if we had 20% clause like Zaha.

Bvb pays €60m for him, we get €12m which we give back to them to get closer to their target number.
Think it was a buyback. Not a silly high amount either. In the 30m range.

kirk buttercup

Can’t we work something out here...
as far as I remember we have first refusal on him. Probably can work something out with Clauses . But I feel the Sancho deal will be done with both clubs looking to come out looking well here . United not overspending during covid and Dortmund not letting their best player go without a struggle

Stretender

OK i'm not sure where you have gone with that post, I've not mentioned numbers, I'm talking about Journo reliability. I'm not arguing for or against what Stone tweeted, to me it just further shows that journo's know sweet F A.

You said it yourself, the little these guys are told is 'planted' by United. Now, we don't know how often that happens but it's safe to say Ed isn't speaking to Journo's like stone every day - I mean let's agree that much eh? Yet these journo's tweet 'updates' daily, often multiple times a day, and people like yourself seemingly lap it up.

Ask yourself this, how often would it benefit a club the size of Manchester United to choose to conduct their business in the form of 'planting' information within the notoriously untrustworthy and morally questionable British media? Rather than Ed just picking up the phone and speaking to his counterpart at Dortmund. :lol:

I feel it probably only does happen when the club would like to save face over something like a transfer falling through or an expensive fee etc.
Those rare occurrences shouldn't create a full time job for a sea of journo's claiming to be 'in the know.'
Am not so sure about discredited British media. Am not talking about tabloid newspapers here and fake news like The Sun or Daily Mail. The BBC is a creditable news organisation in Britain because it is tax payer funded and people hold it to higher standards. You can't publish fake news on the BBC.

You ask why United use journalists to plant stories in the media. Don't be naive mate, even Government uses journalists to plant news. Manchester United as a listed company definitely plants any kind of news that promotes its image on the stock market, with a view to boosting its share price. Its done carefully so for instance saying they want Sancho who is a good footballer right now, increases interest in the club. What they would not do is reveal the details and why should they? All I can see here is Woodward using a negotiating tactic by dragging the transfer and trying to force Dortmund's hand. Thats not wrong either.

My point was people expect United to say since Mr Zorc says Sancho can only go for 120 mil, We at Manchester United have made a bid of 120 mil. Only someone who has never run a successful business would behave like that.

Like I said its clear United want Sancho and they also feel there is no need to pay 120 mil when its only them interested in the player. Part of that stance could be coming from the fact that may be Sancho has told United that he wants to sign for them and that gives them confidence that they cant lose him to another bidder.

mav_9me

Are they separate? I thought Romano translates dimarzio into English?

TsuWave

People are hounding Fabrizio as if he’s the one negotiating the deal. Mad

Im surprised clubs haven’t figured out a way to monetise people’s thirst for transfer news/scoops

Scholsey2004

Is it at all possible that Ed deliberately signs players towards the end of the window so that Utd won't have to pay their wages during the close season? Sign Sancho a fortnight later and you save between a quarter and half a million.

RUCK4444

Am not so sure about discredited British media. Am not talking about tabloid newspapers here and fake news like The Sun or Daily Mail. The BBC is a creditable news organisation in Britain because it is tax payer funded and people hold it to higher standards. You can't publish fake news on the BBC.

You ask why United use journalists to plant stories in the media. Don't be naive mate, even Government uses journalists to plant news. Manchester United as a listed company definitely plants any kind of news that promotes its image on the stock market, with a view to boosting its share price. Its done carefully so for instance saying they want Sancho who is a good footballer right now, increases interest in the club. What they would not do is reveal the details and why should they? All I can see here is Woodward using a negotiating tactic by dragging the transfer and trying to force Dortmund's hand. Thats not wrong either.

My point was people expect United to say since Mr Zorc says Sancho can only go for 120 mil, We at Manchester United have made a bid of 120 mil. Only someone who has never run a successful business would behave like that.

Like I said its clear United want Sancho and they also feel there is no need to pay 120 mil when its only them interested in the player. Part of that stance could be coming from the fact that may be Sancho has told United that he wants to sign for them and that gives them confidence that they cant lose him to another bidder.
Again I'm not sure why you are suggesting that I don't think we should haggle the price. I've not mentioned price and what we should pay.

There's a big difference between the government using the media as it's mouthpiece and Manchester United using the media in any positive way to conclude a transfer. I refuse to believe there are many circumstances where Ed and the United board would utilise, or correspond with, the British media regarding transfers.

Were not talking government propaganda here, we are talking about a business-to-business transaction that requires absolutely ZERO outside influence. It really doesn't.
...And for arguments sake, the very few circumstances where United would benefit from using the media, the information they 'plant' is likely to be absolutely the opposite of the truth. For example, something along the lines of 'United are interested in x-player as an alternative to Sancho' or something similar to make the selling club blink. So anything these journo's are fed is false anyway.

What annoys me more than people believing them is the fact they are skiving a living.

Bojan11

Is it at all possible that Ed deliberately signs players towards the end of the window so that Utd won't have to pay their wages during the close season? Sign Sancho a fortnight later and you save between a quarter and half a million.
No that’s risky because the other team could tell him to F off as they got no time for a replacement. I just think he’s a fool when it comes to transfer negotiations.

Jezpeza

Pretty much. Even the plausible is going now, saw one linking us to jeff hendrick last week and when we were about to sign arnautovic was another favourite

NecssryEvil

We were shit when we had him, imagine him now linking with our attack.

Decent player who unfortunately for him joined at a bad time and wasn't given a fair crack by an under pressure manager, same as Zaha. Both players should never have been sold, talent was obvious.
Shit and inconsistency, in style and players, had an impact on a lot of players. Lingard same deal, bad time for him to come up.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I've actually never seen him play. I see his stats are good. Just how good is he and what sort of winger is he?
In my opinion?

When you watch Sancho, you can easily see how creative he is. He is able to find his teammates inside or on the edge of the box, he can also find his teammates in a pocket of spaces against more compact sides. As highlighted below, he is on the edge of Inter’s box. He sees Brandt making a run beyond Inter’s defensive line and is able to make the pass in the right timing. Very uncommon for someone of his age.

Scholsey2004

No that’s risky because the other team could tell him to F off as they got no time for a replacement. I just think he’s a fool when it comes to transfer negotiations.
Well that's a given.

These are money men though aren't they? I wouldn't discount the possibility of there being a financial motive for going in late, to a degree at any rate. Look at City, their transfers start flying in just after the window opens. Ours seem to cluster at the arse-end of the window.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
People are hounding Fabrizio as if he’s the one negotiating the deal. Mad

Im surprised clubs haven’t figured out a way to monetise people’s thirst for transfer news/scoops
I've been saying for years that Ed should start selling official Man Utd interest to agents to help their negotiations.

Mihai

Yes, but genuine ITK's don't post to reddit to get free karma and risk their whole careers by doing so.

RUCK4444

Yes, but genuine ITK's don't post to reddit to get free karma and risk their whole careers by doing so.
You tried keeping a secret? Imagine your a fan of the club still but are lucky enough to work in a position to know things your fellow fans don’t.

Imagine coming in here and keeping tight lipped. That would be hard going.

I agree with your consensus though and like I said in my original post, IMO Journo’s know as much as reddit ITK’s (nothing)

Leethal

*Ed Woodward likes this*
I mean, fair fecks to Ed, (for all his other shortfalls), one thing that he unarguably world class at, is that he is absolutely fecking amazing at making money for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.