Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
So we shouldn’t sign Sancho as he’s too good and will displace an 18 year old at the start of his career in a 55 game plus season. Got it.
Unfortunately, Mason has shown he isn’t just another 18 year old last season. At his age, a lot of the world class players were on the verge or have started full season. Mason is on that list and he has shown that he doesn’t need to warm the bench.

Infestissumam

it's absolutely crazy to me that some people still think that players are either starters or bench-warmers, with nothing in between. Madness.

Amadaeus

Jesus Christ. We shouldn't get Sancho in, in case he gets injured?

What kind of nonsense logic is this?

How about we'll be better equipped to deal with an injury to one of Martial, Greenwood or Rashford once we do get him.

Also I don't believe he'll be the only signing, we'll get a couple of others in.
Seem like I m being misinterpreted. I m saying we shouldn’t sign Sancho if we can’t fix other areas of our team and we should be cautious about the intra squad conflict. MMM is already one of the best attack in football, so there shouldn’t be any rush to fix what is not broken. Rather we need to support the development of MMM with players who can provide competition for their spot.

VanGaalEra

Ah Longstaff, who can forget that 50m quoted for him last year! Dreadful.

Surely anyone can see we're making some superb signings, bit by bit now? If they can't I wonder what sport might suit them better.
AWB/Maguire/Bruno and now Sancho. Fantastic signings. People can say what they want about Maguire, but our defensive record speaks volumes.

People need to remember where we were last summer, had no idea whether Pogba would stay or go. Who wanted to join us etc.

There’s no quick fix, we need to do this over 2/3 years. Signing 4/5 average/good players is not going to move us forward. Becomes a vicious cycle, we’ll be back to where we were before we know it.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
This is weird. Normally when people are like x player is dead on to sign for United, they don't sign.

Withnail

Seem like I m being misinterpreted. I m saying we shouldn’t sign Sancho if we can’t fix other areas of our team and we should be cautious about the interactive squad conflict. MMM is already one of the best attack in football, so there shouldn’t be any rush to fix what is not broken. Rather we need to support the development of MMM
You need more than 1 quality player for every position.

Remember Yorke, Cole, Solskjaer and Sheringham?

We'll have 60+ games next season, they aren't going to play them all.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Found out im going to be a father a few days ago. Now we are signing Sancho and selling Sanchez for an actual fee.
If it wasnt for this whole global pandemic and the far right slowly taking over the world, 2020 wouldnt be that bad
Congrats mate, at least you had productive Covid break :D

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
AWB/Maguire/Bruno and now Sancho. Fantastic signings. People can say what they want about Maguire, but our defensive record speaks volumes.

People need to remember where we were last summer, had no idea whether Pogba would stay or go. Who wanted to join us etc.

There’s no quick fix, we need to do this over 2/3 years. Signing 4/5 average/good players is not going to move us forward. Becomes a vicious cycle, we’ll be back to where we were before we know it.
It's odd some fans can't see that our signings from last summer until now have all been carefully thought out, long termers.
We're very deliberately piecing together a great team here. City did it a decade ago, and we've seen Liverpool do it recently.

Bruno was the signing that really tied together what we already had, but having another star player attacker can only help.

Greenwood did well there for a month at the end of the season, but is still developing, not a wide player, and gives us great cover across the forward line now.
Ighalo helps as well.

All a fair cry from last summer, hoping Rashford and Martial would play 60 games, backed only by average choices on the right wing and a totally untried kid.

sparx99

24 combinations I think:

Sancho Martial Rashford
Sancho Martial Greenwood
Sancho Rashford Martial
Sancho Rashford Greenwood
Sancho Greenwood Martial
Sancho Greenwood Rashford

Martial Sancho Rashford
Martial Sancho Greenwood
Rashford Sancho Martial
Rashford Sancho Greenwood
Greenwood Sancho Martial
Greenwood Sancho Rashford

Martial Rashford Sancho
Martial Greenwood Sancho
Rashford Martial Sancho
Rashford Greenwood Sancho
Greenwood Martial Sancho
Greenwood Rashford Sancho

Martial Rashford Greenwood
Martial Greenwood Rashford
Rashford Martial Greenwood
Rashford Greenwood Martial
Greenwood Martial Rashford
Greenwood Rashford Martial
You had way more energy than me!

Amadaeus

You need more than 1 quality player for every position.

Remember Yorke, Cole, Solskjaer and Sheringham?

We'll have 60+ games next season, they aren't going to play them all.
Which is what I m suggesting. Sancho will take up most of our transfer budget. I don’t know how we will have more than 1 quality players in each position when we buy 1 world class talent and have the likes of James, Ighalo, Lingardinho, and mata as backup to the rest of our attack. With mason being an outlier. With lingardinho being the outlier.

sidsutton

No one is advocating for average players. Just good players that wants to play for United and provide competition to our starting eleven. Players like Grelish, Jimenez, Traore, Kubo, Camiviga, Tonali, Ghendouzi, and so on aren’t average players. They are solid players that either have potential and talent or Proven experience and talent that will make our team more stronger. Signing just Sancho will not make us stronger. What happens if he get injured? We are back to the same team with decent backup options.
Ghendouzi is the epitome of average. then a couple of kids, who may come good but have proven less than Sancho, and others whose fees are being touted just short of what we might pay for Sancho. Nice list.

Skåre Willoch

World class players dont want to sit on bench. They will be guaranteed a starting position. The players I listed on the other hand will know their roles during contractual negotiations which will see them given more a squad role with the capacity to become regulars
Let me see if I understand what you’re saying: you want us to sign worse players to make sure we don’t hurt Rashford’s feelings? Because literally all of the players you listed are objectively worse players than Sancho, although they are very good players and/or talents.

Also, some of them would certainly expect a starting position. Tonali, for example. Apparently he’s heading to Turin to be a regular starter for Juve. What makes you think he’ll be fine being a squad player here!
Kubo? He certainly is a great talent, but he’s simply not on the market, and is far, far away from having shown enough know if he’ll be the real deal (and the real deal is what we need). If we could even make Real pick up the phone regarding a transfer, he’ll cost a fortune.
Jimenez would be bloody expensive, and he’s old-ish compared to Sancho.
I’m sure Camavinga wouldn’t be a cheap signing considering the hype either.
Guendouzi?! Come on, man :lol:

Another Amadeus moment... what does that even mean? Are you known for predicting squad sadness or something?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Can’t believe people have started already with x,y,z need to be worried. Having four brilliant forwards to cover 60 games is fantastic and I’m sure they will all be up for it.

mu4c_20le

Yeah lets sign an Arsenal reject with attitude and ego problems . Another Amadeus masterclass !!1

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'm still not fully convinced about this guy. I'd like to watch a full game to be sure. His dribbling is a little chaotic, has something Depay-esque about it. I hope I'm wrong though. He's putting in great numbers in Dortmund that's for sure.
Get out of this thread you stupid whore

Withnail

Which is what I m suggesting. Sancho will take up most of our transfer budget. I don’t know how we will have more than 1 quality players in each position when we buy 1 world class talent and have the likes of James, Ighalo, Lingardinho, and mata as backup to the rest of our attack. With mason being an outlier. With lingardinho being the outlier.
To be honest it would be madness not to get Sancho if he's available.

After that, for me, it's a Matic backup/replacement and a CB.

That would put us in a very good position with more additions the following year to improve us further.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Can’t believe people have started already with x,y,z need to be worried. Having four brilliant forwards to cover 60 games is fantastic and I’m sure they will all be up for it.
Yeah I really doubt anyone will be unhappy with playing time as there will be plenty going round! :lol:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
James and Ighalo are excellent back ups and are perfect if you want to prevent this sadness you’re so desperate to avoid.

Our front 6 with depth is basically

Rashford, Martial, Sancho, greenwood, ighalo, James. Plus a few others who might move on. Not bad at all!

I bet Rashford is fuming his mate is about to join him. :lol:

Last edited:

Berbasbullet

Jesus Christ. We shouldn't get Sancho in, in case he gets injured?

What kind of nonsense logic is this?

How about we'll be better equipped to deal with an injury to one of Martial, Greenwood or Rashford once we do get him.

Also I don't believe he'll be the only signing, we'll get a couple of others in.
Also lists Jimenez who would absolutely want to start and would most likely unsettle Martial.

Strelok

Can't agree more.

60 games means 45 on average for each. Hell that's a lot already.

Sometime I can't understand the logic of the caf. If we don't sign better players, they moan. If we sign better players, they still moan. What the feck are we supposed to do ??

Berbasbullet

Can't agree more.

60 games means 45 on average for each. Hell that's a lot already.

Sometime I can't understand the logic of the caf. If we don't sign better players, they moan. If we sign better players, they still moan. What the feck are we supposed to do ??
Continue to finish 20 points off the league leaders? I dunno man, I don’t get it either.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
If this happens, we can start rotating between Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho for the wide positions next season. This alone will improve us a lot, not having to resort to Lingard when one of our attacking players is tired. We need this to happen fast and then we can focus on 1 really good CB. Anything on top of that would just be a bonus.

VanGaalEra

I love when youngsters try to be funny without knowing that some of us having been supporters for couple of decades and have gone through hundreds of transfers that gives us little bit of fears. Every ManUtd supporter would hope that this signing would end well.
25 years for me lad, long enough supporting the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.