Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
A moment of silence for the freshmuppets who, in their first year of muppetry, were insistent that this would be done and dusted by page 500.

Bless their naïve little green hearts, which break more and more with each passing Sancho-less day.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think our approach is to grind selling clubs (and our own fans!) down by taking advantage of the media interest in us to eventually get a slightly lower price no matter how long it takes. It’s exhausting. You’d think after the needlessly drawn out Bruno and Maguire transfers we’d just go and pay and start looking somewhat efficient. This is the second summer this is going on with sancho too. We are the most painfully slow big club out there in the market.

Houdini

So should we start to look elsewhere? Dortmund stated 1Oth August or NOT FOR SALE. I doubt they woudl shit in their mouth. Do we have a plan B? Any alternatives? Chiesa? Just in case... or can we stick with Greenwood/Lingard as RW for the next season and buy Grealish for 80M + Koulibaly?

Skåre Willoch

So should we start to look elsewhere? Dortmund stated 1Oth August or NOT FOR SALE. I doubt they woudl shit in their mouth. Do we have a plan B? Any alternatives? Chiesa? Just in case... or can we stick with Greenwood/Lingard as RW for the next season and buy Grealish for 80M + Koulibaly?
I doubt anyone would shit in their mouth, to be honest

Irwin99

I think our approach is to grind selling clubs (and our own fans!) down by taking advantage of the media interest in us to eventually get a slightly lower price no matter how long it takes. It’s exhausting. You’d think after the needlessly drawn out Bruno and Maguire transfers we’d just go and pay and start looking somewhat efficient. This is the second summer this is going on with sancho too. We are the most painfully slow big club out there in the market.
Didn't we actually end up paying MORE for Maguire by refusing the 70 million asking price the year before?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Chiesa is my preferable alternative.

Rolaholic

Why doubt it when they've done just that numerous times over the last few years :lol:

El Zoido

AirPods are so overpriced even Sancho can’t justify it.
Not wanting to drag this off topic, but AirPods are bloody incredible and one of the best things I’ve ever bought in my entire life. I’m 100% serious about that too, they’re worth every penny. It’s surprising a footballer isn’t using them, but as they use Bluetooth they don’t work with airplane mode so maybe that’s why, if he’s just got off a plane.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He won't play for us till September when we come back from the break. He won't train with us either. He knows a lot of the players already and has lived in Manchester. As long as we get him before we come back for the new season it makes no difference whatsoever.

UncleBob

Not wanting to drag this off topic, but AirPods are bloody incredible and one of the best things I’ve ever bought in my entire life. I’m 100% serious about that too, they’re worth every penny. It’s surprising a footballer isn’t using them, but as they use Bluetooth they don’t work with airplane mode so maybe that’s why, if he’s just got off a plane.
You can activate bluetooth after you've activated airplane mode....

NYAS

AirPods work on airplane mode mate, that’s when I usually use them. Airplane mode doesn’t turn Bluetooth off.

Ali Dia

Didn't we actually end up paying MORE for Maguire by refusing the 70 million asking price the year before?
yeah we did and I don’t believe for a second we were going to go for Bruno in January our hand was absolutely forced by the fans going mental. We finally fluked it and it turned our season around. I believe we could have got him for very close to the same price in the summer and had him for the whole season. We are a reactionary club and we move way too slow and predictably in the market. I think selling clubs must dread dealing with us. It just goes on and on and we end up paying anyway.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
why is it exhausting? Or are you part of the 'WANT WANT WANT'* instant gratification generation?

*Long live @GlastonSpur

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
On the contrary, your belief in a structured hierarchy of reliable journalists shows your the one clutching at straws. See Fabrizio's old boss as a prime example, we all lauded him as a god for years and he's gotten major things wrong since. Fabrizio his understudy, he's learned from the best on how to seem in the know.

As I've said to another poster, lets just leave it there. You obviously believe they know far more than I think they do.
Yes, let's leave it. You pointed to one incorrect lead and tried to generalize Fabrizio's entire profession from it. No one is 100% right in any profession, and you probably know yourself that Fabrizio's accuracy is extremely high. If he made a series of mistakes then sure, I'd agree. But you have no case of questioning credibility with his track record.
Looks like posters are angry that deal is not done and started to blame journalists now.
Yeah, seems it.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
That's because of the shitty salary Dortmund's paying him. He'll buy a pair when he signs for us.
The other point worth bearing is that Sancho is on Dormunds wage bill for every extra week he stays. They are literally pissing money away with their stance.

RUCK4444

Yes, let's leave it. You pointed to one incorrect lead and tried to generalize Fabrizio's entire profession from it. No one is 100% right in any profession, and you probably know yourself that Fabrizio's accuracy is extremely high. If he made a series of mistakes then sure, I'd agree. But you have no case of questioning credibility with his track record.

Yeah, seems it.
In my defence if I wanted to point to more than one incorrect lead we could be here all day. Can't wait for this presser.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
In my defence if I wanted to point to more than one incorrect lead we could be here all day. Can't wait for this presser.
The presser won't say anything. Zorc has a knack of going against what he says anyway.
Feel free to debunk Romano whenever you want with actual examples, otherwise I'd be wary of classing credible journalists as fake news. >90% of them are probably rubbish, but the hype on Sancho is based on the few credible journalists with genuine leads.

Posh Red

Agree whole-heartedly. My mum bought me some for Christmas last year and I love them!

Ali Dia

why is it exhausting? Or are you part if the 'WANT WANT WANT'* instant gratification generation?

*Long live @GlastonSpur
:wenger:

I just think Woodward is trying to claw back some respectability in the industry on the back of the clubs spending power after all his cock ups. It is exhausting watching him work. He should have been moved aside way before now. I think it’s probably an open secret in football that the man doesn’t have a clue.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Or rather, you would expect after saving tens of millions of pounds from playing the long game we would continue to negotiate. Who gives a shit about 'looking efficient' just to appease those impatient fans, when it costs us heaps of cash and drastically weakens our position for future transfers?

If you look through our last 10/15 transfers you'll see the vast majority of them are signed early in the window. We are no different to any other club when it comes to negotiating.

Clermontois

Supports
France
We could add Lingard or other shit players as makeweight for Dortmund, I wonder whether it was discussed
Even our deadwood players are good players though.

If we were smarter however we would be in a position to offer Gomes, Chong, Traore, Rojo and Romero to make up the shortfall. But that is more like an FM deal and I do not see us ever pulling it off even Gomes had stayed.

I don’t think United is ever getting a top3 talent in world football at £70M when there’s precedents like Felix and Dembele. Covid or no Covid. In fact it’s not even just talent/future promise, Sancho is rightly one of the best in the world in his position already.

If £70M is as far as we’re willing to go then I guess I gotta come to terms with him ending up and shining somewhere else and years of “smh, should have paid what they asked” posts
That precedent does not matter as those transfers have not got to plan due to injuries or lack of form and Corona is a factor. In any case both of those players were national team regulars before they made their moves so 70mil is fair for Sancho with or without players included.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
We probably have a few options but it don't matter what they say. If you offer the money a day later, they ain't going to refuse it......it's probably best to avoid thread for a few days..

SwedishFish

Most journalists on twitter say this will go on for more time really don't know why so many people are taking this for a fact already.

Besides, I don't think the options available are worth the outlay. Coman, Costa etc aren't worth it. I'm sure United thinks this as well hence the lack of credible links to options.

I still believe its Sancho or nothing for us in the RW department.

Riz

I recently got the AirPod Pros, unbelievable. The noise cancelling makes me wonder how I ever used normal earphones/AirPods.

Ali Dia

Or rather, you would expect after saving tens of millions of pounds from playing the long game we would continue to negotiate. Who gives a shit about 'looking efficient' just to appease those impatient fans, when it costs us heaps of cash and drastically weakens our position for future transfers?

If you look through our last 10/15 transfers you'll see the vast majority of them are signed early in the window. We are no different to any other club when it comes to negotiating.
Where do I start?
He didn’t save tens of millions of pounds by stalling on those deals. He also left managers without complete squads coming into seasons and only to go back and end up paying around the same price. in Oles case a few injuries were always going to be a disaster. Also any money that he may have saved in the market over the last few years through drawing out deals he’s lost paying Jose off after just signing him to a long term deal not backing him and letting him go and also from missing out on champions league how many times. Hes also sank loads of money into protecting assets that nobody wants. He’s a huge part of the reason we haven’t been competitive post Fergie. It’s not the amount of money it’s the idiots spending it.

Last edited:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
We will either end up paying full price close to deadline or he stays with them. Can't really see him moving anywhere else this year but next year Chelsea/Barcelona could be in for him.

He's probably the difference between comfortably finishing top 4 next year and fighting for it until the last few games. We're further away from being able to win the league but he'd be the step in the right direction and at his age he'd still be around once we've built a team good enough to compete (if we manage that).

El-Manos

We will either end up paying full price close to deadline or he stays with them. Can't really see him moving anywhere else this year but next year Chelsea/Barcelona could be in for him.
Barcelona are skinned. Madrid might be alright. Or PSG.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I do agree but this isnt a normal transfer.
Depends how much we rate Sancho. If he is the player to take us to the next level, a future ballon d'or candidate then just pay the full price. You very rarely negotiate a deal like that.
However for the future when we want a new Maguire or a new AWB, players like that who are okay but can easily be replaced then dont budge. This is the last time to just pay the price and be done with it.
Again it depends how much we rate Sancho. If he is in the class of Mbappe and if he will be one of the best players in the world then just pay the price.
We have 'rated' many English world class players down the years and tried our hardest to sign them but failed; Gascoigne and Shearer (twice!) quickly come to mind. Transfer's of this type can be very complex, and fall apart at the last moment for any number of reasons.

It seems our issue is financial value, and I commend Woodward for staying the course and doing his very best to get the best deal possible. internet couch surfers fans like me and majority of others on this forum have no right to 'demand' anything. We contribute very little $$$ or brain power to the club so I find it very self entitled when I read lots of fans saying they are 'fed up' or that Woodward is a douchbag for not doing this deal more quickly.

Muppetry is fun way to pass the football-less summer months, but many fans act in their own self interest as opposed to the clubs best interests during muppet season

Baneofthegame

Not sure how Barcelona could afford him.

macheda14

We contribute very little $$$ or brain power to the club so I find it very self entitled when I read lots of fans saying they are 'fed up' or that Woodward is a douchbag for not doing this deal more quickly.
I’ve always wondered how much they could raise if they tried to crowdfund part of a deal. I’m pretty sure they could easily raise the 1 million.

Rolaholic

Not sure how Barcelona could afford him.
They can't without a clearout which is seemingly on the horizon.

When they do have some cash I see them going for a Suarez successor in Lautaro Martinez from Inter before than a winger in my opinion and Inter are quoting 100m+ for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.