Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

pascell

Dortmund have done us there with the extension, we have no option now but to pay what they want, that's if they'll still negotiate. Brilliant work by Dortmund it has to be said, they covered themselves well, they could well end up with the bidding war they want next summer.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
It’s a bit weird how nobody knew about that extension right? Surely anyone who wants to sign him knows about it. They will get the money they want for him there’s no point trying to bargain with that extension.

cyberman

Lets move on then. I can see why Halaand put a release clause in his contract.
A good back up for Mason and focus on defence, ill be happy

Rolaholic

Before everyone loses their minds
It's been said time and time again in this thread that they've quite literally always done this.

Nothing new as it's been part of their playbook whenever they've been in talks for their stars. Zorc's word is worth as much as a bridge made of toilet paper.

Zoo

So Ed has to pay up and meet their demands or walk away. Ball is firmly in his court.

VanGaalEra

On the contract situation, surely someone knew about that? Jan/Falk/Romano etc.

Surely United know from discussions with Sancho's team?

KennyBurner

Dortmund is a cucked German club. Spineless from head to toe. We will get our player in the end and not for 108million pounds. No need to stress muppets.

davidmichael

Before everyone loses their minds
Exactly, it basically means “we’re not budging on the price so pay us €120 million and he’s yours but if not we’re not selling” which is what they did with Barca.

It’s best just to pay the £108 million and then focus on shifting the deadwood in the squad which might give us enough for another signing instead of dragging this out hoping to save £5-£10 million, I read earlier that Inter have bid £23 million for Smalling so let’s stop dragging our heels on Sancho.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Dortmund have done us there with the extension, we have no option now but to pay what they want, that's if they'll still negotiate. Brilliant work by Dortmund it has to be said, they covered themselves well, they could well end up with the bidding war they want next summer.
SURELY Sancho's agent would have told us how long his contract is.

Unless Sancho himself didn't realise he was signing for another year on top (which is doubtful) then all this seems like a very strange curveball.

I can't see how United wouldn't have known about that.

RonaldoVII

I'm fairly sure we'll have known this for weeks. It isn't going to be news to our negotiators today so likely changes nothing at all.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If he has actually extended his contract, no one is going to meet the 120m next year as well. So good luck in getting that money next year.

mu4c_20le

It’s a bit weird how nobody knew about that extension right? Surely anyone who wants to sign him knows about it. They will get the money they want for him there’s no point trying to bargain with that extension.
Nah it just goes to show most journos know feck all about the details

frookydinho

Come on lads. Secret stalker muppet here.

Hes not going to come out and say "he can go if we get €120 mil."

This is expected

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This would be a statement signing that the club is backing Ole & is serious about challenging City & Liverpool for titles. Not signing him when we’ve got no competition for his signature would be extremely disappointing as he fits the profile of player Ole wants (young, loads of potential, already a top talent & can cover multiple positions not least RW).

Still hoping we can get it done, but I’m now expecting him to stay.

Fooza

It's either pay up or deal over, can we just decide if we are or move on. No point negotiating and waiting if the contract info is true.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
They mentioned nothing about a contract extension before did they? just a pay rise.

This is all a ploy by Dortmund to scare us into action 100%

We've obviously been saying "his contract runs out in 2022 so he will be worth half next summer", now they're coming back with "AH-HA! little did you know we have extended!"

As they say... poker.
He isn't going to lie because the truth is easy to obtain from Sancho's camp. What's more confusing is we will already know this and therefore never expected that he'd be cheaper next year. So what our bargaining position is, other than "we're skint because of Covid", nobody knows.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Unless he becomes Messi good i doubt we'll turn a massive profit, especially in a post covid world
You think Covid will be a thing in three years time? I mean it might, but I imagine stadiums will be full again by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.