Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilgamesh

Supports
Bayern, and others
Nah, all the signs are that they really do need to sell and are obviously keen to get as much as possible. They’re far too vocal for a club desperate to keep a player who seems quite content to stay... if there’s been no contact by us then why all the press releases?
I haven't followed any press release from them. But I know that because they are a stock market listed club, the only one in Germany, according to law they have to release all important information they are aware of and which could potentially influence the stock price.

A potential income of over 100M is definitely such an information, even if it is only 'potential'. In this case I guess that it means that they have put him on the market, found interested parties, and were listening to offers. Hence the announcement.

In reality, this pressure for public announcements has in the past usually worked against them, because they had to make public much more information than they wanted.

Donald Silverbridge

I didn't understand the meltdown earlier, It's a game of who blinks first, I want this done, I'm fed up with the saga to be honest.

El-Manos

As a Bayern fan it's normally not my job or goal to defend Borussia Dortmund, and I can understand your frustration, but what they are doing is perfectly within their right and makes total sense, in fact it is even brillant:

They have bought him for close to nothing, have him under contract until 2023, with a wage set in 2019 - whatever happens, they cannot lose in this scenario. They gave other clubs the opportunity to make an offer that matches their demands until before training camp is starting. Didn't happen, end of story.

Just imagine in such a scenario someone came after your most valuable asset and wouldnt want to pay the price you want. You wouldn't sell either, right? And next year, after Corona, his price tag won't be lower for sure, especially since he will be still another two years under contract. Brillant job by BVB.

I just don't understand why somebody at United apparently thought they could get him on the cheap? That's the only part of this story that doesn't make sense.

My recommendation: If you really want him, then buy him this year and pay whatever Dortmund wants. The bluff didn't work, and therefore he'll be tomorrow probably a bit more expensive than he was yesterday. But next year he'll be a year older and even more expensive, because Corona will be over, and most likely Real, Barca, and City will enter the race too.
Says who?

DickDastardly

Dortmund have balls of steel I must admit. They fecked Woody like a schoolboy. They can wait another 2!!! years then even with just 1 year on his contract he won't go for a cheap because there will be a biding war (Barca, Real, City or PSG as a winner). If City end up with Sancho, Manchester can be easily blue for another decade. We should avoid that for all cost.

Not your average Hogwarts now is it Houdini.

Nori-

Just watched the clip of Scholes, RVP and Hargreaves all agreing Dortmund are bluffing with their comments today and Sancho will be a United player.

I feel a lot more confident now hearing it from them and not the endless stream of twitter journalists.

Womp

idiot
Just watched the clip of Scholes, RVP and Hargreaves all agreing Dortmund are bluffing with their comments today and Sancho will be a United player.

I feel a lot more confident now hearing it from them and not the endless stream of twitter journalists.
They most likely know feck all tbh

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Just watched the clip of Scholes, RVP and Hargreaves all agreeing Dortmund are bluffing with their comments today and Sancho will be a United player.

Yeah, I dont think they're bluffing this time. Plus I dont think Sancho will kick up a fuss either.

Red Daz

Pay up or it’s not going to happen, especially with that contract reveal (bet they loved that the fecks)
Zorc the defiler speaks crap so it’s still on !

Gazza

It's funny, we always moan about the current management and the slowness of the big deals, but it's often been like this.

I remember us signing Yorke a few days before the first game back in 98 or so. But back then there wasn't this forum pouring over every single aspect of it.
I'm sure Fergie would have rather signed Yorke before the season started. It has happened in the past, of course, but it's certainly not preferable to having a signing wrapped up in good time before the season starts.

RepardReece

After seeing Rashford's performance tonight, pay Dortmund 130 million pounds for Sancho. Rashford is such an infuriating footballer. Get Sancho at any cost
Sadly Rashford hasn't been the same since the back injury. A lot of people on here seem to be forgetting he was unstoppable before that. He was dreadful tonight and hasn't been great but lets hope he can turn his game around because I'd rather have Sancho on the right in the position we have been lacking for years on end...

zizou81

Why are Dortmund refusing to directly negotiate with United? This is quite puzzling
Because they dont care. They want to keep him. Not sure why anybody here believes they WANT to sell. They dont. So they have nothing to lose. Sancho will play for Dortmund next season will do well and will be more expensive when bayern, real, barca, come knocking. But if theyre wrong and Sancho goes for cheaper, they are willing to take the risk as Sancho makes them a better team and gives them a better chance to win the Bundesliga and CL which is priceless especially as BM have been dominating.

SteveW

People aren't taking this deadline seriously are they?

Dortmund clearly want to sell. It's just brinksmanship.

Andi Latte

I really used to like Dortmund, they play exciting football most of the time and are the only club really able to at least threaten Bayern's dominance.

However, over the last few years I really came to despise their MO: they lure young talents with the promise of playing time and if they attract the attention of top clubs, they are allowed to go.

At least thats the promise, when in fact, as the time comes for players to leave and top clubs come knocking, they just price them out of a move.

They do that every single time and out of pure greed. They bought Sancho for 8m, why is, I don't know, 80m for example, not enough profit? Why does it have to be 112m? So Watzke can pat himself on the back again for being such a tough guy and then cry again when Bayern come for their players? Dembele had to go on strike to leave that shithole.

If you sell yourselves as a stepstone club, then don't do everything possible to trip the youngsters on their path. If the stories about intermediaries used in negotiations are true, that just shows how they really just aim to make it even harder to leave them.

Thats just a shitty attitude and I really don't care that much about the Clubs that deal with them, if they pay up their ridiculus fees, so be it. It's just unfair to their young players.

I also would like to know where the Dembele money went, as Dortmund are not really known to substantially invest.

Reactions: Penna

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Dortmund have balls of steel I must admit. They fecked Woody like a schoolboy. They can wait another 2!!! years then even with just 1 year on his contract he won't go for a cheap because there will be a biding war (Barca, Real, City or PSG as a winner). If City end up with Sancho, Manchester can be easily blue for another decade. We should avoid that for all cost.
No rape or pedo jokes that goes without saying I know what some of you are like. :lol:

Man that’s even rough for me.

Bondi77

Greenwood will score 20+ from RW next season and Dortmund will come back begging for 70mil.

Robertd0803

Not bad, I must admit.
If we ever manage to sign him then we should all flood Dortmunds page with the same caption as him wearing a United jersey.

Think this one is dead, Dortmund wont budge on the fee and dont see Sancho handing in a transfer request.

This is as bad as the Greizmann fiasco.

Gasolin

If we ever manage to sign him then we should all flood Dortmunds page with the same caption as him wearing a United jersey.

Think this one is dead, Dortmund wont budge on the fee and dont see Sancho handing in a transfer request.

I think it's different, but it's tough indeed.

Siorac

I really used to like Dortmund, they play exciting football most of the time and are the only club really able to at least threaten Bayern's dominance.

However, over the last few years I really came to despise their MO: they lure young talents with the promise of playing time and if they attract the attention of top clubs, they are allowed to go.

At least thats the promise, when in fact, as the time comes for players to leave and top clubs come knocking, they just price them out of a move.

They do that every single time and out of pure greed. They bought Sancho for 8m, why is, I don't know, 80m for example, not enough profit? Why does it have to be 112m? So Watzke can pat himself on the back again for being such a tough guy and then cry again when Bayern come for their players? Dembele had to go on strike to leave that shithole.

If you sell yourselves as a stepstone club, then don't do everything possible to trip the youngsters on their path. If the stories about intermediaries used in negotiations are true, that just shows how they really just aim to make it even harder to leave them.

Thats just a shitty attitude and I really don't care that much about the Clubs that deal with them, if they pay up their ridiculus fees, so be it. It's just unfair to their young players.

I also would like to know where the Dembele money went, as Dortmund are not really known to substantially invest.
Yeah, evil Dortmund not letting the elite clubs feck them in the arse. They should just shut the feck up and offer discounts to Real Madrid and Manchester United because what the hell are they thinking, trying to hold on to their best players or get good money for them. The bastards.

crossy1686

career ending
People aren't taking this deadline seriously are they?

Dortmund clearly want to sell. It's just brinksmanship.
A few are sadly.

My favourite part of the meltdown is people thinking that United knew nothing about the contract extension he signed last year. As if we just found out today and Woodward was sitting at home watching TV spitting his coffee out when he heard Zoruc make the announcement.

SAFMUTD

The fact that Dortmund has taken so much time to announce he is staying just makes me feel more secure about him joining us. Its in our hands 100%, if we pay he will come here, Dortmund are just fooling around they clearle want to sell.

crossy1686

career ending
Yeah, evil Dortmund not letting the elite clubs feck them in the arse. They should just shut the feck up and offer discounts to Real Madrid and Manchester United because what the hell are they thinking, trying to hold on to their best players or get good money for them. The bastards.
They're a selling club that market themselves as a stepping stone for talented youth. It's not like they're going to do anything with the cash anyway.

Gazza

Sorry to burden you with our presence
Not a burden, but the system is designed for quality control, so when more than half the posts on each page are from newbies there will inevitably be a drop in quality. Not taking shots at individuals, so don't be so sensitive :)

elnorte

Freaky fly day

Agree on the transfer request aspect. Doesn't seem like that kind of person and has no reason to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.