Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing I dont understand from what you said about agreeing a fee etc, is if the two clubs did agree a fee then wouldn't that just mean the deal would be done? I thought we can't agree on a fee with them? Maybe im misunderstanding something.

And regarding financial losses for Sancho if he puts in a request, wouldn't he make up for those losses in joining us and having more sponsorship deals/exposure?

Do you think he's not too bothered about coming to United? It appears that way to me.
What I’m saying is that handing in a transfer request doesn’t force Dortmund’s hand to accept a price from Utd. So what’s the point?

From Sancho’s perspective, he would lose his “loyalty bonus” if he hands in a transfer request which could be a lot of money. It’s why players just sit tight and wait for it to play out.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
Being linked with and being in negotiations are separate matters.
Well Voller made a statement that they were aware of the interest of Chelsea, but they aren't talking to any interested parties until after their EL campaign was over....and that was less than a week ago.

mav_9me

Mane will be 29 next year, i personally can't see Madrid paying a big amount of money for him after this whole Hazard experience.
Fair enough but that was an example. Point remains other teams could potentially find themselves in a position able to afford him, say for example bayern or Chelsea.

fps

If United put up the money, this deal happens. It would be a huge deal for United and a real stepping stone back towards being one of THE clubs in Europe. Frankly, the player’s been identified and the money Dortmund are asking for needs to be paid. And Dortmund know it!

fps

Strange tweet, but it could be that United are briefing that they are preparing to pay up to get the player?

Must be a positive when he mentions squad depth..
Yes Sancho could provide decent wing cover.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Is it though? If Real Madrid came in for Martial, would you sell for 70m? or Pogba for £60m?
I don’t understand what you’re asking here? Has COVID impacted the market price of top young players? I have no idea. I guess we’ll find out with Sancho and Havertz.

Martial and Pogba are irrelevant to this conversation though, they aren’t for sale and don’t play for a club where buying low and selling high is the financial model.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
everyone in here waiting for Dortmund to cave... covid (him asking for a transfer so he can earn even more money in a recession isn’t going to look good for him personally), with what you’ve heard from Dortmund, knowing sancho probably isn’t going to rock the boat and with 3 years left on his deal then why do we expect things to suddenly change? They won’t. They don’t have to sell him this summer so The ‘we are the only club who can afford him’ card has been played. They will get at least the same asking price again next summer and with more cash up front and have another year of Sancho in the meantime. If our club is briefing that they still think it’s on it’s just yet another sign at how slowly we move when we should just move on or at least stop with the briefings when the chances are this is at least 90% dead and journos want clicks so this could go on for another year easily. It costs them noting to create these stories. If we go back with more money this summer and get knocked back It makes the club look like idiots who are ponderous at best. We’ve been chasing sancho in the media for years yet we are waiting for him to hand in a transfer request to bid 100 million on him? Makes no sense.

VanGaalEra

Well Voller made a statement that they were aware of the interest of Chelsea, but they aren't talking to any interested parties until after their EL campaign was over....and that was less than a week ago.
All sources have stated you've been in negotiations for a while, what a club rep says is never the truth.

Young muppet, you've got a long way to go.

Mihai

You still are yet to then explain how inferior clubs to us with inferior resources are still able to spend big whilst they are also facing the same problems as us with the pandemic difference being we have the capability of mitigating the risk better than them due to being vastly superior financially. There is simply no excuse not to invest in the team pandemic or no pandemic or we`ll be making the same mistake we made in 2018 settling for a poor window on the basis of a strong season only to drop by 4 positions which forced us to spend big the following window anyway. And not getting CL COMPOUNDED with the losses the pandemic comes with it is very punishing. Imagine if we didn`t sign Maguire/AWB after the defensive horror we had the previous season. Imagine if we didn`t get Bruno. We`d be looking at losses of 2 back to back seasons of no CL football as well as 30% cut from Adidas. To avoid such problems you simply have to take that hit now and as performances on the pitch improve as you can`t escape investment into the team without serious consequences so will the finances and going off past history Sancho like Pogba in 2016 is one of the most talented youngsters ITW with huge marketing potential as well as potential to be one of the very best players ITW. One of those gambles worth taking
Just because Napoli is willing to spend 60mill on a player, doesn't mean everything is fine and she should spend as well. Are you aware of all the details of that transfer?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
They also had sold Goetze for a big money that year. Losing the money to keep Lewandowski for a year was not a big deal.

They haven't sold any of their stars this window, but already have spent 50 millions euro.
They Can afford to cause they have made significant money from the transfer market over the past few years. Stop talking about them like they a relegation threatened side.

acnumber9

I don't think City have quite the same financial pressure as others. Ferran Torres was well under what he was worth.
They don’t but they also haven’t spent as big on individual players as United have so that price is around the norm for their signings. Torres also had one year left on his contract.

Lynty

everyone in here waiting for Dortmund to cave... covid (him asking for a transfer so he can earn even more money in a recession isn’t going to look good for him personally), with what you’ve heard from Dortmund, knowing sancho probably isn’t going to rock the boat and with 3 years left on his deal then why do we expect things to suddenly change? They won’t. They don’t have to sell him this summer so The ‘we are the only club who can afford him’ card has been played. They will get at least the same asking price again next summer and with more cash up front and have another year of Sancho in the meantime. If our club is briefing that they still think it’s on it’s just yet another sign at how slowly we move when we should just move on or at least stop with the briefings when the chances are this is at least 90% dead and journos want clicks so this could go on for another year easily. It costs them noting to create these stories. If we go back with more money this summer and get knocked back It makes the club look like idiots who are ponderous at best. We’ve been chasing sancho in the media for years yet we are waiting for him to hand in a transfer request to bid 100 million on him? Makes no sense.
Our chief negotiator has a master degree in economics and finance, 13 year experience as an investment banker and 4 successful years of negotiating transfer for us. He's well aware of how negotiate big deals (the literal job he was brought in to do) why would you think you know more?

If the club are signalling that this deal is far from dead, they would know best.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
All sources have stated you've been in negotiations for a while, what a club rep says is never the truth.

Young muppet, you've got a long way to go.
I'd rather believe what a club official says about a player of his club than what a journalist claims he/she knows. That's just me though :)

El Zoido

If United put up the money, this deal happens. It would be a huge deal for United and a real stepping stone back towards being one of THE clubs in Europe. Frankly, the player’s been identified and the money Dortmund are asking for needs to be paid. And Dortmund know it!
Of course they know it, that’s why they’re standing their ground. Annoying but I don’t blame them.

These “alternatives” are a distraction, it’s pointless talking about Coman. If we miss Sancho this summer we’ll be back next, I doubt we’ll buy someone else instead.

RUCK4444

Does Custis have the track record Romano has? You can't pick and choose mate.
Huh? I'm not for a second saying Custis is reliable but according to this very thread he was onto this before Romano.

I'm doing the opposite of picking and choosing, I don't rate any of them.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Good point. I'd agree with that.

The only one that has had any credible links away so far is Smalling and that's because he's coming off a good season at Roma.

It might be case that there's more movement towards the end of the transfer window as clubs might have a better indication of when fans will be allowed back in stadiums.

If the government come out and say that stadiums can be filled with 50% capacity from November (unlikely, I know) then clubs might start spending some money meaning some of the deadwood can be shifted.
Yeah, I think that's unlikely, the way things are going across Europe right now it seems like more restrictions are likely over the coming months, not less.

Any club that isn't planning their finances around the idea that there won't be fans in the stadiums next season is beyond foolish

croadyman

So if Memphis is their top target as rumoured do people think we could see some movement when Lyon are knocked out of Champions League

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Our chief negotiator has a master degree in economics and finance, 13 year experience as an investment banker and 4 successful years of negotiating transfer for us. He's well aware of how negotiate big deals (the literal job he was brought in to do) why would you think you know more?

If the club are signalling that this deal is far from dead, they would know best.
the club are idiots when it comes to transfers and PR. Business degrees though. You would imagine any negotiating team would contain members with business and law degrees yes. So What?

Lynty

I must have been sleeping through those four years.
Since 2016 who have we failed to sign?

Dyabala in the dying hours of a transfer window.
Two teenagers who chose the better option.

Matt Judge has gone out and got the managers selected targets.

El-Manos

The fact our season isn’t even over yet is another reason to believe Dortmund are talking shite with their deadline.

RUCK4444

That Tier stuff is absolute pony if you ask me but if any journalist is literally sat at home making stuff up they'll be found out fairly quickly and it won't go well for their reputation with the media outlets they write for so there is that.

I use my own judgment and you'd be right not to hang on every word coming from so-called ITKs.

However, it is muppet season and this thread can be fun, I just don't take the whole thing too seriously.
Yes there is that, it just turns sour when things go wrong (my posts included) and then I tend to get the hump with so called reliable journo's because most of the thread centres around them. I suppose there isn't anything else to focus on which in turn gives them the platform.

Verminator

If he will cost the same in 12 months, and BVB still want the majority upfront, why bother dithering?
We'll get an extra year by buying now, they will get a year extra if he doesn't move.
The big implication of this is that it could cost us Champions league the season after, and the money that goes with it.
We need to keep progressing.
If we drop back out of the top 4, not only is it disappointing, the knock on effects can be huge.

Stretender

Are you writing on behalf of Dortmund or as a Man United fan? The club know what is the right valuation for Sancho in this market. Their stance is actually impressive for once instead of paying whatever Dortmund or any club has to demand. No one can predict the future, Dortmund will be foolish not to take money this season for Sancho. What happens if Sancho performs badly in the next 12 months or so and he wants to leave? They will get less money. People must stop acting like 120 million is 120 pounds. Its a lot of money and as one poster said, Woodward has studied economics and you can trust that for every deal he applies his economic take on it. It has been announced today by the Government that the UK Economy is in recession. That affects whatever revenue the football club makes whether through advertising or match day revenue. Fans on here must accept things are not the same today economically than they were in March. Valencia have put their entire squad on sale.

theklr

So if Memphis is their top target as rumoured do people think we could see some movement when Lyon are knocked out of Champions League
Exactly, thats why both clubs are stalling on the transfer while putting out some false media story to keep the fans at bay.

croadyman

What is the general consensus on here about the chances of Sancho putting in transfer request

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
If he will cost the same in 12 months, and BVB still want the majority upfront, why bother dithering?
We'll get an extra year by buying now, they will get a year extra if he doesn't move.
The big implication of this is that it could cost us Champions league the season after, and the money that goes with it.
We need to keep progressing.
If we drop back out of the top 4, not only is it disappointing, the knock on effects can be huge.
Very negative outlook, if we don't get Sancho we may not get someone of his quality but we would still get quality in depth. I don't see us not making CL next year just because we didn't get Sancho.

Status
Not open for further replies.