Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't say I have, is this a thing? :lol: I usually respect their wishes and move the feck on? The same way I wouldn't want chicks I've put down to keep insisting neither
Perhaps you completely Buggered it up the first time?

The point is, if every time you hear A negative you turn around and never try again you are missing out on so many things. Perhaps it’s something you learn? I’m not saying do the same thing 100 times, but think, reevaluate, change and try again. Don’t just give up.

I can only If imagine if some of the guys in this thread were in a sales job!

Womp

idiot
Perhaps you completely Buggered it up the first time?

The point is, if every time you hear A negative you turn around and never try again you are missing out on so many things. Perhaps it’s something you learn? I’m not saying do the same thing 100 times, but think, reevaluate, change and try again. Don’t just give up.

I can only If imagine if some of the guys in this thread were in a sales job!
That's completely understandable, but I don't necessarily think that applies to women who are very clearly not interested in you. It's a respect thing for me, but each to their own, I guess

KW2006

I havn't said a bad word about Ed until now, but I think he made a huge mistake in losing out on Sancho, we will regret this.

Riz

As great as Sanco, I still dont think our priority and main signing this summer should be a RW. We have to build from the back and I believe a CB must be the priority along with a LB and a more mobile CDM.
I don’t understand this opinion. Our main priority must be quality attacking reinforcements. If any of the front 3 get injured, baring in mind Rashford and Martial have both had injury issues in recent seasons and Greenwood is still a kid, the back ups are so far behind. We also can’t risk running the likes of Bruno into ground again week after week because the only other options are Lingard, Pereira etc.

I’m not saying our defence is perfect but we finished the season conceding 3 goals more than the best defence in the league, even with some ridiculous mistakes from De Gea. We were 36 goals behind the best attack.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
What's your point, you think Zorc is flying solo here? Gambling with the club's reputation without consulting his CEO, who he is - at least according to public perception - friends with? You think he, as someone who has been with the club for over 40 years, is not too concerned about the club's financial stability?
Dortmund's strategy for the season is supposedly discussed by meetings of five people: Watzke, Zorc, Favre (coach), Kehl (squad manager and Zorc's designated heir) and Sammer (advisor). I can't remember a single report of disharmony within the management since the current leadership took over. Whatever Zorc does it's safe to assume that it's the product of a consesus between him and Watzke.
What on earth are you talking about? :lol: I am not even sure if you have some sort of agenda or message to get across except to claim that Michael Zorc is an idiot and does not have a say in transfer dealings whatsoever. He is Dortmund's DoF, that is precisely his responsibility. Does he have to get the go ahead from CEO Watzke, the supervisory board and coordinate with Thomas Tress? Of course he does, that is how almost every proper company works, you have a controlling mechanism so a single person does not do something super stupid. But that does not take away from Zorc being the man responsible here.
Just as an aside, Dortmund don't have an owner as that is technically not allowed in Germany per the 50+1 rule. I know it has been hollowed out by clubs such as Leipzig or Hoffenheim, but that is another discussion altogether. You going around praising their benevolent owners is priceless however.
Michael Zork has a habit in of making strong statements.

Often without totally backing from his employer because a couple of times his club have made a u-turn when the money is right. Maybe I should call him a “bad cop” instead of a puppet but the result is the same. I think it’s fair to say that it’s easy for Woodward or any other CEO to not take his words 100% seriously.

Secondly the Supervising Board has the final decision in every financial decision above a certain amount. Doesn’t mean that Michael Zork is out of the loop or not qualified to give his input but let‘s make it clear who has the power and not. Stop pretending Zork is someone with real authority when it comes to financial decisions. History tells us that’s not the case.

My point is that Zork can say whatever he wants, synchronized with Watzke and the board or not, his words is worth zero if the board change their mind. And just so you know. The board will more often then not allow Zork any details why and how they make their decisions. That’s not how it works on that level.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
It’s almost like people have never seen a saga before or think a deal of this size can be done quickly. Cute really. The window ends in October.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Often without totally backing from his employer because a couple of times his club have made a u-turn when the money is right. Maybe I should call him a “bad cop” instead of a puppet but the result is the same. I think it’s fair to say that it’s easy for Woodward or any other CEO to not take his words 100% seriously.

Secondly the Supervising Board has the final decision in every financial decision above a certain amount. Doesn’t mean that Michael Zork is out of the loop or not qualified to give his input but let‘s make it clear who has the power and not. Stop pretending Zork is someone with real authority when it comes to financial decisions. History tells us that’s not the case.

My point is that Zork can say whatever he wants, synchronized with Watzke and the board or not, his words is worth zero if the board change their mind. And just so you know. The board will more often then not allow Zork any details why and how they make their decisions. That’s not how it works on that level.
I am not entirely sure someone that is not able to spell Zorc's name has detailed insights into the decision processes and power struggles within Borussia Dortmund's management. You seem to be pulling this entirely out of *chrm* thin air and basically nothing of what you claim makes any sense whatsoever.

That's completely understandable, but I don't necessarily think that applies to women who are very clearly not interested in you. It's a respect thing for me, but each to their own, I guess
We are getting sidetracked somewhat, clearly there’s a difference in the way you are told, but to completely never revisit it, is a whole world of missed opportunities, it’s not about respect, or lack thereof (and just to be 100% clear here, I am not advocating anything creepy, just to re-evaluate your stance, and your approach), it’s about your mindset, and whether you have a growth mindset or not.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

By your definition anyone but the Glazers would be puppets, without authority either. But executives don't just freestyle and then see what sticks when the board get involved. They negotiate internally what their strategy and (financial) parameters going forward are and then, afterwards, act them out in public. Whatever Zorc does has been authorized by Watzke and/or the board. He knows the answer on whether they can afford not to sell Sancho before he enters the public arena, not after.
The function of the board is oversight, not active management, it's staffed with CEOs from outside companies and politicans, not football people.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It’s almost like people have never seen a saga before or think a deal of this size can be done quickly. Cute really. The window ends in October.
True. But this has more to do with Dortmund having an open bus celebration at the decision to keep him for another year, than it not happening super fast.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Reported by Sky. Also spoke about how Sancho's camp is bemused by our briefs about his wages and agent fees being an issue.
We've been negotiating with Dortmund. I doubt we haven't made it clear how much we are willing to pay. That's why it's at a stalemate. They've said what they want and we've said what we can give, and they don't meet.

swedishgloryhunter

Im I alone in feeling after this started, anyone else coming in on rw would be underwhelming after being close to signing sancho?

Not saying i don't belive we can sign him. Might be bruno 2.0 and we get a deal done in january when reality hits dortmund that its the best deal they will get. I really don't see Sancho going to PSG or spain.

Womp

idiot
Sky are about as reliable as Putin's corona vaccine.
We've been negotiating with Dortmund. I doubt we haven't made it clear how much we are willing to pay. That's why it's at a stalemate. They've said what they want and we've said what we can give, and they don't meet.
Ya, I didn't believe it, especially with Fab etc. saying personal terms were already agreed. Would seem extremely idiotic if we hadn't discussed what our offer was.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Ya, I didn't believe it, especially with Fab etc. saying personal terms were already agreed. Would seem extremely idiotic if we hadn't discussed what our offer was.
It's bullshit.

MUFC......Hey can we buy Sancho.....
BVB....Sure how much will you pay?.....
MUFC.....Sorry not telling you......
BVB..... ok lets make it easy you need to pay 108 million pounds
MUFC.................silent

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Is nobody else bothered by the title? How come none of you Germans have pointed out the error?

Dortmund sagT Nein!!

nrggggg!!

with thanks to @Dante
What, didn't it always say 'say'? If not, my mind autocorrected it apparently ^^
edit: or did you want it to say 'sagt' so it's a full german sentence? Way I understood was that it read 'Dortmund sag NEIN' before.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Well I more meant he may hand in a transfer request to try and force things.
I dont think that's the issue. Dortmund have already said he can go, but they have their conditions.
I think the issue is that Manchester United don't have the cashflow to fund the instalment plan being demanded.
I guess Sancho could kick up a fuss, in the hope that Dortmund relax those demands, but he has very good relations with management and players at the club, so why would he burn those bridges.
I think Manchester United calculated that Dortmund would be more amenable in their demands, and that was our best available offer. So if Dortmund don't relax, it's very difficult.
Anyway, if Dortmund do compromise, it wont be for several more weeks now. They have played their joker card, and will wait to see if that has the desired impact

SAFMUTD

You sure that would be legal? Dortmund is a stock company. They're obliged to communicate important events to their shareholders. Had to do so immediately when Bayern signed Götze, exemplarily. If they'd put false information out there, I imagine they could (and will) be sued. I mean, imagine a shareholder buys additional shares because he believes Sancho is going to stay after Zorc's statement. Then the BVB sells him regardless and it is revealed the contract only lasted until 2022.
I dont think thats possible, in the same case then any shareholder could have sued Dortmund after they said they were not selling Dembele, Aubameyang, Pulisic and Mhikitaryan and still end up selling them.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Neil Custis has reported that we have approached Borussia Dortmund with a view to signing Jadon Sancho.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8438783/man-utd-70m-dortmund-jadon-sancho-city-transfer/

Samuel Luckhurst has also reported that we tried to bring him to the club when he wanted out at City last year. He went on to say, we were even willing to wait past the summer window to sign him, but the player wanted out at City pronto, hence Borussia Dortmund signing him.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-jadon-sancho-transfer-15832138
This is the first post of this thread.

One frustrating aspect is that the clubs have reportedly been in contact over this since 18 months ago. So one would have hoped that the broad framework of the deal would already been in place before we started these formal negotiations?

Womp

idiot
I dont think that's the issue. Dortmund have already said he can go, but they have their conditions.
I think the issue is that Manchester United don't have the cashflow to fund the instalment plan being demanded.
I guess Sancho could kick up a fuss, in the hope that Dortmund relax those demands, but he has very good relations with management and players at the club, so why would he burn those bridges.
I think Manchester United calculated that Dortmund would be more amenable in their demands, and that was our best available offer. So if Dortmund don't relax, it's very difficult.

Anyway, if Dortmund do compromise, it wont be for several more weeks now. They have played their joker card, and will wait to see if that has the desired impact
Agree with this. I ain't paying as much attention to what Dortmund are saying or doing, what it ends up coming down to at the end of the day is us not being able to justify paying. We'll see though, hopefully we get some positive news

SAFMUTD

Of course not him. But if it was bullshit we would have "sources" saying it's bullshit.

I didn't see anywhere Ramano saying it's bullshit. If he did that would be good enough for me.
Have a go

SAFMUTD

I would really advise you to stop treating Fabrizio Romano as some sort of prophet.

What makes more sense for you.

A) The sporting director of Dortmund steps in front of the press to flat out lie in their faces about a contract extension. A lie that would help Dortmund zero in the negotiations because every party involved know the facts. A lie that is easily refutable and would in the end evaporate Zorc's credibility and integrity. So basically a complete own goal exercise just to troll United fans on twitter?

B) They in fact secretly extended the contract.

You know we live in a world where some people get away with just flat out lying in your face but luckily enough this is still the exception.
Why would they "secretly" renew him? that makes no sense at all, and yes I think theyre flat out lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.