Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgipep

Dortmund are shooting themselves in the foot as far as making a profit off their young star, which is the bread and butter of their club. Make no bones about it, they are a selling club who is happy to get an ROI for their players, it's part of their environment. Reyna, Haaland, etc. are next after Sancho. Hakimi, the same thing.

The time to sell Sancho is now for max profit and major cash injections. We all can see that the next domestic season will not have fans. So that's a loss revenue of 17 domestic home matches, x amount of domestic cups, and x amount of CL/EL home matches.

Matchdays are the consistent flow of cash every month. Sponsorship dollars are usually 3 times per year or some quarterly payment cadence, not included year end performance bonuses. Even then, those bonuses could be spread across months or payment installments.

All this to say is that Dortmund will lose Sancho, not if, but when. It'd be a poor financial decision if they let his contract go down another window or year because they will not be able to command a higher fee. They can still be a good team semi-challenging Bayern and finishing in a CL spot without Sancho. They can play hardball all they want, but if this window passes and he's still on their books, good for them and their pride, but bad asset management in terms of revenue at a time and the foreseeable future where having money and cash is extremely, extremely important for football clubs.
Hakimi was never Dortmund's player. He was on loan from Real Madrid. And also, the suggested scenario is for Sancho to sign a one year extension with a salary increase and thus still being able to command a very good transfer figure for him next summer.

Mihai

Bellingham

And I wouldn’t read anything into individual training programmes. A lot of major clubs do personalised training with players dependent on their physical needs
Agree. For example, Sancho needs to physically move to Manchester.

swred

Sky news now posting saying Sancho could push for a move if Utd make a bid...
I know Sky are fairly unreliable, however it all seems bizarre that they're posting this stuff if the deals totally off.

I reiterate my earlier comment, this is SANCHON.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Dortmund are shooting themselves in the foot as far as making a profit off their young star, which is the bread and butter of their club. Make no bones about it, they are a selling club who is happy to get an ROI for their players, it's part of their environment. Reyna, Haaland, etc. are next after Sancho. Hakimi, the same thing.

The time to sell Sancho is now for max profit and major cash injections. We all can see that the next domestic season will not have fans. So that's a loss revenue of 17 domestic home matches, x amount of domestic cups, and x amount of CL/EL home matches.

Matchdays are the consistent flow of cash every month. Sponsorship dollars are usually 3 times per year or some quarterly payment cadence, not included year end performance bonuses. Even then, those bonuses could be spread across months or payment installments.

All this to say is that Dortmund will lose Sancho, not if, but when. It'd be a poor financial decision if they let his contract go down another window or year because they will not be able to command a higher fee. They can still be a good team semi-challenging Bayern and finishing in a CL spot without Sancho. They can play hardball all they want, but if this window passes and he's still on their books, good for them and their pride, but bad asset management in terms of revenue at a time and the foreseeable future where having money and cash is extremely, extremely important for football clubs.
Surely you can't be serious about that? Sancho has three years on his contract, next year there'll be the EC. And the market is on it's lowest since what, 5 years at least? Selling Sancho now is the definition of "catching a falling knife".

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
According to this United are skint, that s why we cannot afford Sancho
Whether it's true or not, I think it's pretty clear there is no way in hell we are paying £120m UP FRONT like Dortmund apparently want. As much as I want Sancho it's just not genuinely possible or wise in this situation.

Dortmund are going to effected just as badly as us, if not more. Their stadium holds £80,000 and will be a much bigger portion of their revenue than ours will be compared to sponsorship income and TV deals etc.

I think eventually a fair and reasonable deal will be found, it just needs to be spread out so we can remain financially healthy also. United did borrow a big sum (lending is cheap right now) so that will tie us over in the short term.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Surely you can't be serious about that? Sancho has three years on his contract, next year there'll be the EC. And the market is on it's lowest since what, 5 years at least? Selling Sancho now is the definition of "catching a falling knife".
Next year could get even worse. We will have a 2nd spike of Corona virus coming into the winter, maybe things will become even more bleak and the day of big transfers will be over.

We also don't actually know for sure they extended Sancho, it could just be them lying to give them a stronger position in the news.

romufc

They could end up losing Sancho and Haaland next season. Which means whichever club they go to, will ask for big money too.

laughtersassassin

Deal isnt totally off as we know for a fact negotiations bare still happening.

Is say deal is 50/50. Really depends what we have offered so far.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
What if another outbreak occurs, lowering transfer fees further. Not to mention he will have one less year on his contract.

peridigm

Loads of tweets doing the rounds that he's handed in a transfer request all stemming from a fake Romano account.
Don't fall for it muppets.

starman

There's still over 50 days of the window left and the season has yet to even finish, people need to chill out and atleast wait for the season to end before showing signs of panic...

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
And I wouldn’t read anything into individual training programmes. A lot of major clubs do personalised training with players dependent on their physical needs
You're right; with regards to Dortmund, Hummels and Dahoud are also training individually for the time being.

FYI, I've hated Ronan's anti-United coverage for the past few months. He doesn't share the same sentiments with Chelsea (re: Havertz & Werner), which makes no sense to me.

The new seasons starts in a month, we need at least 3 signings at we're still dragging our feet with Sancho. Im not surprised people are losing their cool.

Last edited:

TheReligion

Abusive

We haven't briefed it's off... It's still on! :drool:

Why would Dortmund still be negotiating with us if according to them he is 100% set in stone staying?
More to the point why would United keep letting these leaks happen if there were no negotiations? There's literally no benefit to be had by doing so.

I think it this deal does happen, after Sancho is unveiled and the pics of him signing his deal are released, Zorc will say they’re photoshopped and Sancho will be playing for them next season 100%.
:lol:

Withnail

You're right; with regards to Dortmund, Hummels and Dahoud are also training individually for the time being.

FYI, I've hated Ronan's anti-United coverage for the past few months. He doesn't share the same sentiments with Chelsea (re: Havertz & Werner), which makes no sense to me.
Who the hell is Ronan?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I see we are at the 'blame the greedy agents' stage of negotiations. Is that good or bad muppet food?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-united-transfer-sancho-agent-18763838
When it comes to the agents, we've taken care of everything with Sancho himself according to some reliable journalists. The agent issue comes from Dortmund who are using agents to negotiate on their behalf. They're slowing the process down possibly to force our hand.

edcunited1878

They just put a number on his head. If you cannot afford it now, even after 80% of the previous season was complete with all your revenue sources coming in without a hitch, what the feck makes you think someone can pony up that same number of 100M+ pounds or Euros, when 100% of the next season will be completed (maybe) with at least 1/3 or half of your revenue sources non-existent???

Revan

Assumptionman
If I comment on Twitter about Sancho coming, will Watzke/Zorc comment on my post and tell me that Sancho ain't coming?

I haven't ever seen anything so ridiculous. United has yet to say anything, while BVB is daily both telling how Sancho will stay, and also at the same time how we haven't made a move yet, while adding how much we need to pay to get hi and until when we can pay. Despite that they have no intention to sell. And then every player says how much they are happy that Sancho is staying there, while Sancho has to say anything yet.

bsCallout

The new seasons starts in a month, we need at least 3 signings at we're still dragging out feet with Sancho. Im not surprised people are losing their cool.
Don't think we need 3 in this window.

I expect we'll get 2. Gabriel and Sancho.

Matic replacement can wait till Jan or next summer.

Our current squad with just Sancho gets us top 4 comfortably. That's our progression.

Judas

Open to offers
That's not a fact, it's speculation.
Speculation on our past behaviour. It does us nothing to have people thinking we're negotiating for Sancho if we're not. The club know he's who everyone wants (including players and manager), so they'd brief and squash it if the deal was dead. But it isn't, because it's on.

romufc

They just put a number on his head. If you cannot afford it now, even after 80% of the previous season was complete with all your revenue sources coming in without a hitch, what the feck makes you think someone can pony up that same number of 100M+ pounds or Euros, when 100% of the next season will be completed (maybe) with at least 1/3 or half of your revenue sources non-existent???
Very good point. All those people saying we will be hit with no crowds next season so can't spend £100m, saying next season there will be more teams.

If no one can afford him this season and next season starts behind closed doors, Dortmund will be desperate to sell due to financial issues but no one would pay £100m

Risk either way.

edcunited1878

Hakimi was never Dortmund's player. He was on loan from Real Madrid. And also, the suggested scenario is for Sancho to sign a one year extension with a salary increase and thus still being able to command a very good transfer figure for him next summer.
Even more telling for Dortmund! We'll improve your player for a nominal loan fee, also pay his wages, then give him back to you for free. But he helped us attain CL football and we'll just have to get another player, which I think was Meunier?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Next year could get even worse. We will have a 2nd spike of Corona virus coming into the winter, maybe things will become even more bleak and the day of big transfers will be over.

We also don't actually know for sure they extended Sancho, it could just be them lying to give them a stronger position in the news.
They could end up losing Sancho and Haaland next season. Which means whichever club they go to, will ask for big money too.
What if another outbreak occurs, lowering transfer fees further. Not to mention he will have one less year on his contract.
I'm sorry but it's much more likely that the financial situation for clubs will be more comfortable next window. Yes, there probably will be a second wave, in fact it's already emerging. However, we still have 10/11 months to go. If scientists are quick, it actually is possible that the first vaccines are approved before 2021 begins.

Also, the current situation is after a complete shutdown for several months - I doubt that this will happen again. Instead, at least TV money etc. is flowing again. It would be just dumb from Dortmund to sell him now for a Corona discount. And it probably would also be dumb from Sancho to sign for a salary much lower than what he could get next year.

Besides that, the reason why top clubs have a tight budget currently is because of the cash flow. People like pointing out how many millions clubs "lose" every match, but those are actually opportunity costs. As far as I know, top clubs aren't actually losing money, they simply make less than they used to. Once ticketing kicks in again, things will change.

edcunited1878

Very good point. All those people saying we will be hit with no crowds next season so can't spend £100m, saying next season there will be more teams.

If no one can afford him this season and next season starts behind closed doors, Dortmund will be desperate to sell due to financial issues but no one would pay £100m

Risk either way.
And if Sancho received more wages this year at Dortmund, that's eating into a reduced wage pot and adjusted budget because of no fans/reduced revenue/reduced revenue streams. Every dollar counts in these times. If you're not making money, you better be saving money or not losing money.

So much bad luck/bad performance/straight stupidity has happened on our side with this transfer. First the utter collapse at the end of last season to miss out on Champions League when we were nailed on to sign him. Then this summer a fecking global pandemic happens when we were once again nailed on to sign him and hugely limits us financially. Then Dortmund, who are usually completely spineless, decide to put in a completely arbitrary deadline despite knowing it's an extremely difficult transfer to negotiate in the current market, and it seems they could actually follow through in enforcing it. And us not being able to pay is one thing, but if Woody is prepared to at some point meet Dortmund's requests and he messed around because he thought the deadline is fake then I don't know what to say. If we miss out this summer I have to say I can't see any way he doesn't join another big club next summer.

If Ole isn't backed it will be Summer 2018 all over again and the whole forum will be lambasting him in December when we sit 6th with zero quality depth.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
We'll see about that. I think you want it to be that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.