Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fooza

I hope 'fans' next season before they criticise Ole they remember how this board let another manager down
Yeh Ole's done his part in getting top 4, board now need to follow up, take the bull by the horn and catch up City and Liverpool.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Why am I still in here when I think this is off? It’s the hope that kills you.

fml

To me that quote from Ole is a hurry the feck up to Ed and co. If not sancho then move on other quality targets or we will get left behind. To be fair there aren’t huge amounts of players out there who come in and instantly improve the first 11. Sancho most definitely does. There are plenty of interesting players we can bring in and develop who will give the squad cover and competition though.

AFC NimbleThumb

Ole pressuring the board to spend? it's so on
Really can’t argue with that quote.

This ‘summer’ would be the time to stamp our authority on a unconventional marketplace; spending big now may save us spending rather big across multiple windows.

If they trust the manager, back him. I’ve been a critic of OgS but he’s right; we need top quality coming in & it’ll cost.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
There's no getting around the fact that this squad needs a big investment, if we have any realistic hopes of taking our seat at the top table of football again.

That being said it absolutely HAS to be the players that the manager wants and not 2nd or 3rd choice replacements.

If Ole has identified Sancho as his top target, then it's imperative that we do whatever it takes to get him.

Were in a position now, where proper recruitment could pay off massively and poor recruitment could put us back to square one and having to invest in a new manager and massive sums of money, all over again.

A big summer of spending now, could actually save the board money, in the long run.

BlueHaze

I'm not Oles biggest fan but these parasite owners want CL qualification, he delivered it, we all pretty much know he wants Sancho, now it's time for them to deliver. Truth is we most likely will not end up with Sancho and it will be another feck up of a window.

MUM

I just hope that we get this over the line before, 'Barca big balls rebuild' (not his real name!) Comes in, big wads, and starts to hoover up in panic mode.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Chong off to Werder Bremen why would we let a winger go on loan if one wasn’t incoming...

Ceteris

I like these comments from Ole, however it leaves me a bit worried. For him to come out like that means he doesn't like the vibes he's getting from Ed.

These comments could go either way now.

Sampy93

Know it’s frowned upon but might have something for the hard core muppets to feed on. I don’t usually post here and the only time I’ve come out with something like this was mhkitaryan which ended up true (check if you want). Although I take this one with a pinch of salt compared to the last time I’ve ever heard something which was nailed on.

A close friend of mine who I met through my golfing years works for a company based in Ireland who supply teams with GPS training gear, has been told by someone high up at Nike that Sancho will definitely head to united and it’s pretty much a done deal. Same guy also said in November time last year that he had a meeting with Sancho’s agent Emeka obasi to discuss a deal with the company and when negotiating why Sancho should receive more dollar from the deal his agent said he’d be coming back to the prem the following summer.

As I said I don’t post here often and when I’ve done so in the past it proved right. Albeit this time round its coming from a mate. But yeah, I’ve got a good feeling we’re gonna get him unless we royally feck this up which Woodward is very capable of doing.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Know it’s frowned upon but might have something for the hard core muppets to feed on. I don’t usually post here and the only time I’ve come out with something like this was mhkitaryan which ended up true (check if you want). Although I take this one with a pinch of salt compared to the last time I’ve ever heard something which was nailed on.

A close friend of mine who I met through my golfing years works for a company based in Ireland who supply teams with GPS training gear, has been told by someone high up at Nike that Sancho will definitely head to united and it’s pretty much a done deal. Same guy also said in November time last year that he had a meeting with Sancho’s agent Emeka obasi to discuss a deal with the company and when negotiating why Sancho should receive more dollar from the deal his agent said he’d be coming back to the prem the following summer.

As I said I don’t post here often and when I’ve done so in the past it proved right. Albeit this time round its coming from a mate. But yeah, I’ve got a good feeling we’re gonna get him unless we royally feck this up which Woodward is very capable of doing.
I choose to believe you.

Too much information, sounds like a complete lie.

Doesn’t mean we won’t sign him, but what you’ve said is complete BS.

ChaddyP

we have an "ITK" muppet thread for this kinda post

Sampy93

Too much information, sounds like a complete lie.

Doesn’t mean we won’t sign him, but what you’ve said is complete BS.
that’s okay mate. As I said, I’ve only ever posted about something I’ve heard once before and that was about mhkitaryan, which you can see for yourself if you check. I’m not claiming to be ITK just passing on what I’ve heard that’s all.

WPMUFC

Ole pressuring the board to spend? it's so on
Two interesting things about this:
1. Makes me actually more likely to believe that "caught on camera" moment was Ole talking about transfers.

2. Maybe this isn't so much a hint about getting the board to cough up but more along the lines of "better players (Sancho) cost more, hence deals are harder/more drawn out but need to be done"??

That statement is obviously connected to Sancho so i'm happy we haven't walked. SanchON!!!! :devil: :devil:

that’s okay mate. As I said, I’ve only ever posted about something I’ve heard once before and that was about mhkitaryan, which you can see for yourself if you check. I’m not claiming to be ITK just passing on what I’ve heard that’s all.
Well. I hope you are right!

A long way to go on that saga.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
If a deal was done then we would announce it imo. We have no reason to delay it, therefore i think this is your typical "my mate's mates uncle". United are trying to penny pinch as usual and we'll end up paying what Dortmund want when the boys are about to start preseason.

Sampy93

If a deal was done then we would announce it imo. We have no reason to delay it, therefore i think this is your typical "my mate's mates uncle". United are trying to penny pinch as usual and we'll end up paying what Dortmund want when the boys are about to start preseason.
Probably, when I say done deal I don’t think he meant it’s actually done, but more of a “it’s deffo gonna happen”. I still think we are gonna penny pinch and mess this up but interesting when you hear something. I trust my mate but god knows what the context of his convo was so as I said pinch of salt.
What’s the Caf’s feeling atm? SanchOFF or SanchON?

ChaddyP

Ah Right. Delete this one and put it in there? I’ve not been on here in years so not following all the threads like the old days haha
Doesnt matter to me tbh.

I actually remember your post back in 2016 the good days when we were signing pogba and zlatan didnt beleive you then dont believe you now :D

pascell

Hold on, your mates mates uncle knows something about the deal?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Probably, when I say done deal I don’t think he meant it’s actually done, but more of a “it’s deffo gonna happen”. I still think we are gonna penny pinch and mess this up but interesting when you hear something. I trust my mate but god knows what the context of his convo was so as I said pinch of salt.
What’s the Caf’s feeling atm? SanchOFF or SanchON?
I think Dortmund’s deadline probably took the “he’s definitely coming” thing into considerations and they would have sold but we dallied. I think it’s still off but would happily be proved wrong. Cheers for the info. Good shout on Miki too.

Matriac

Build up more hype in the media? If this transfer concludes the media moves onto someone else.
Jadon can't do much with us until we finish the Europa League anyway, and likely we give the team a short vacay after? Better for him to keep training with Dortmund until he can be integrated in the team.

And maybe keeping it quiet to help facilitate other transfers for us (not showing we can splash cash) or for Dortmund (not show they have a sack of money now, plus fans reacting to selling their star without bringing anyone else in).

There are rumors that Dortmund is considering Depay as Sancho's replacement. A deal with him will not be announced as long as Lyon is still in the Champions League. Same as Leverkusen with Havertz.

Not saying these are necessarily all true, but it's wrong to say there can be no reasons to wait with announcing.

WPMUFC

Day 1: Sancho training separately "no injury just management"
Day 2: Sancho training separately "oh he's got a slight knock"
Day 2.5: Ole "better players will cost more"

Woodward for the last week:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.