Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

pascell

Have you actually watched Douglas Costa recently? We shouldn’t have to settle for Juve’s deadwood, he’s turning 30 soon too. From Sancho to Costa....aiming for a Porsche but settling for a bike with one wheel.
Unfortunately, this is what happens when you want something that isn't within your budget. We'd all love Sancho but maybe we can't get that deal done on the terms we can afford.

Toettchen

Supports
Preussen Muenster
To remind viewers who they are, because nobody cares.
BVB has had „Dortmund“ (the city’s name, not the club‘s name) on the back of their shirts since 1974 to honour the city of Dortmund for their financial contribution to building the Westfalenstadion.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
That bit of skill was absolute filth. My god!

treble_winner

Obviously we have to get him now.
Do you think we should cash in Rashford when he can still fetch a good price and use that money to fund Sancho?
Rashford is in terrible form right now and we are not sure if that back injury has ruined him for good. Vidic was never the same after his injury as well.

Last edited:

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Ed you buffoon..Pull your finger out, wash the hands and send an offer they can't refuse.

Touseef

Yeah posted something similar the other day. They might be looking to save a months worth of Sanchez and Sancho wages.

It’s a big chunk of money whichever way you look at it. Plus Dortmund can use that delay to posture and make out they’ve made it even harder for us than they have.

It’s a good a theory as any for the delay in the absence of a briefing to the UK press that we’ve pulled out.
Or... The more logical one is that the deal isn't happening

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Why do people get so upset about a club's Twitter posting picture of their own players?

Sancho posted this when the United game ended:

Do the muppets hate him too now?

lewwoo

Owners and board have let down Ole after he has got them top 4. The greedy parasites are happy with the level we are at. No need to push on and try to catch up.

Womp

idiot
We have really missed a golden opportunity here. Arguably the best young talent on the planet for an affordable price. There will be countless teams interested next year with Madrid/Barca etc needing to invest in their teams.

I think we missed our opportunity, which is unfortunate as Sancho is one of those rare players who are creative playmakers as well as offering a legitimate goal threat.

A bit deflating to see how far behind we are, whilst you see trwms arguably ahead of us strengthening. I know its only early days, but any realistic option bar a Dembele, if he can fix his injury concerns, which is questionable, would be a severe downgrade.

RkkMan

We have really missed a golden opportunity here. Arguably the best young talent on the planet for an affordable price. There will be countless teams interested next year with Madrid/Barca etc needing to invest in their teams.

I think we missed our opportunity, which is unfortunate as Sancho is one of those rare players who are creative playmakers as well as offering a legitimate goal threat.

A bit deflating to see how far behind we are, whilst you see trwms arguably ahead of us strengthening. I know its only early days, but any realistic option bar a Dembele, if he can fix his injury concerns, which is questionable, would be a severe downgrade.
How have we missed the opportunity? No report has suggested Utd have walked from this not even from Germany
Have we missed something? Unless you are taking that arbitrary deadline seriously which shows you haven`t followed the thread
If we pay up the 108m they will sell do not be deceived whether we pay up is the question

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Sancho won't be enough for a title challenge. The team is in worse shape than some think it is.

Dont fully trust any of the fullbacks. Shaw is the best we have but is injury prone. CB is still an issue as is DM. Still don't know whats happening with Pogba and no news on his contract situation.

If we buy Sancho and nobody else we will make top 4 again but that will be it. We aren't going to challenge the top 2 with some of these players in the team.

RkkMan

Sancho won't be enough for a title challenge. The team is in worse shape than some think it is.

Dont fully trust any of the fullbacks. Shaw is the best we have but is injury prone. CB is still an issue as is DM. Still don't know whats happening with Pogba and no news on his contract situation.

If we buy Sancho and nobody else we will make top 4 again but that will be it. We aren't going to challenge the top 2 with some of these players in the team.
We`ll buy more with sales
Talk of Roma coming back for Smalling and Rojo/Jones both up for sale
And talk of Pereira looking for a new club and Lingard up for sale
If at least one player of each position leaves first we`ll recruit a CB and a CAM

Crustanoid

Ed really needs to pull his finger out and get this over the line, plus another 3-4 signings to give us some depth. The ‘1 signing per month’ excuse and the ‘Glazers need to make money is more important than Manchester United being successful’ tropes are fecking dead in the water at this point. If he doesn’t act fast I can see even worse vitriol than before aimed at him, and fully justified vitriol that will be.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We`ll buy more with sales
Talk of Roma coming back for Smalling and Rojo/Jones both up for sale
And talk of Pereira looking for a new club and Lingard up for sale
If at least one player of each position leaves first we`ll recruit a CB and a CAM
I hope you're right but I think not. If we do go to 108m for hin that will be us done I reckon.

Womp

idiot
How have we missed the opportunity? No report has suggested Utd have walked from this not even from Germany
Have we missed something? Unless you are taking that arbitrary deadline seriously which shows you haven`t followed the thread
If we pay up the 108m they will sell do not be deceived whether we pay up is the question
It has gone completely quiet, player doesn't seem arsed at all, it's becoming pretty evident we can't pay what they want and reports beginning to emerge of us looking at alternative targets. Not to add Dortmund heavily pushing the he's staying agenda, almost unnecessarily, as if they want to look like pushovers, when they've done everything this summer to give off the opposite idea.

I can understand the positivity, I just don't think there's anything left in this. Only way I see this happening is if we pay up and Sancho pushes for it, but the reports seem to suggest he has no intention of doing so and going by his activity with the club, it does seem that way

I just hope we reinvest the money and invest it well.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Ed really needs to pull his finger out and get this over the line, plus another 3-4 signings to give us some depth. The ‘1 signing per month’ excuse and the ‘Glazers need to make money is more important than Manchester United being successful’ tropes are fecking dead in the water at this point. If he doesn’t act fast I can see even worse vitriol than before aimed at him, and fully justified vitriol that will be.
If you think we can sign Sancho for over 100m and still have cash for 3 to 4 more players during a period where we've lost up to 150 then you're not living in the real world. We don't do these things in best of times usually so there's no chance this summer.

RkkMan

I hope you're right but I think not. If we do go to 108m for hin that will be us done I reckon.
Not all of it will be paid up front though if you`ve been following this deal
You missed the part where this deal will involve payment in installments(and maybe add ons)

RkkMan

It has gone completely quiet, player doesn't seem arsed at all, it's becoming pretty evident we can't pay what they want and reports beginning to emerge of us looking at alternative targets. Not to add Dortmund heavily pushing the he's staying agenda, almost unnecessarily, as if they want to look like pushovers, when they've done everything this summer to give off the opposite idea.

I can understand the positivity, I just don't think there's anything left in this. Only way I see this happening is if we pay up and Sancho pushes for it, but the reports seem to suggest he has no intention of doing so and going by his activity with the club, it does seem that way

I just hope we reinvest the money and invest it well.
It going quiet does not mean a lot though especially when we still had a cup competition to deal with and if you will always take reports of an alternative seriously remember when we were linked with Max Aarons when we apparently thought Palace wanted too much for AWB?
And Sancho does not need to look unhappy 24/7 to show he wants a move Maguire played every pre season game and AWB publicly said he will stay at Palace and both still joined us
BVB said Dembele/Auba weren`t leaving and that they were adamant they would not let Mkhi/Hummels/Gundogan leave in one summer and they`d do a Lewa with the former and all of them never happened
If we didn`t want to pay up at all we`d have already briefed we`ve walked like Griezmann/Dybala
Only way this deal happens is if we pay up Sancho does not need to hand in a transfer request for this to happen as it will not reduce the pricetag

DannyDee

Sancho isn’t enough for an immediate title challenge but that isn’t why we are buying him. He’s a purchase for the next 10 years to build around.

If we could find a comparable talent In the same age bracket who we could get at CDM, CB or LB I would also be going in. But there really isn’t one.

Unless he busts in the EPL, he’s a player who will provide significant value for us as a player and/or as a player to sell at 25 or 26 for an astronomical fee. We should be eying 2021-22 as our likely window to start winning again. Similar to how Fergie invested in Rooney and Ronaldo (while also making great developmental finds in Vidic and Evra) to dominate again. This team isn’t going to fill out it’s depth right away, even if we reallocate all of what we planned to spend on Sancho, especially with the prices for established EPL players.

Crustanoid

If you think we can sign Sancho for over 100m and still have cash for 3 to 4 more players during a period where we've lost up to 150 then you're not living in the real world. We don't do these things in best of times usually so there's no chance this summer.
Unfortunately, true

However, the absolute clusterfeck post-Alex and pre-Ole has led us to where we are. The Glazers philosophy and Ed’s incompetence have put us in the position where, if we want Manchester United to be back to where they belong (after 100 years plus trajectory which they have pissed all over to make themselves rich), it is absolutely vital.
The resistance to fork out money earned on the back of our pedigree on Bruno last Summer cost us-where would we be now if they had been less stingy/incompetent then?

If you think we’re being operated in a manner which befits everything which was built up pre-Glazers by the cumulative efforts of players/managers in the past then to be honest, there’s no hope. As fans we need to be lobbying for better than what we are being served up by the parasites

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Owners and board have let down Ole after he has got them top 4. The greedy parasites are happy with the level we are at. No need to push on and try to catch up.
Season just ended yesterday and league just ended two weeks ago while transfer window closes in October. Calm down.

DarkDog

Why do people get so upset about a club's Twitter posting picture of their own players?

Sancho posted this when the United game ended:

Do the muppets hate him too now?
My thought exactly, BVB can't post a picture of their best player + best new talent that they just bought because some folk here at Caf will get upset? :)
Another thing is that people are giving BVB here hard time for selling their best players over the years and now when they said that they won't sell their best player the same guys are feeling salty.
If BVB manages to keep hold of Sancho this summer and sell him to Real Madrid or Barca next year for 150 mil, then we have only 1 person to blame, the guy who doesn't have a clue about the transfer market - mr Edward Woodward.
This was our summer to get our man, perfect opportunity and he blew it

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
Great thread to start in the day. To be exact: another Sancho day for a BVB supporter. A Coffee and reading. After all those wisely written, never ranting posts, all these sensible and carefuly chosen words, its a joy. Still my favorite for the thread of the year.
My thought exactly, BVB can't post a picture of their best player + best new talent that they just bought because some folk here at Caf will get upset? :)
Another thing is that people are giving BVB here hard time for selling their best players over the years and now when they said that they won't sell their best player the same guys are feeling salty.
If BVB manages to keep hold of Sancho this summer and sell him to Real Madrid or Barca next year for 150 mil, then we have only 1 person to blame, the guy who doesn't have a clue about the transfer market - mr Edward Woodward.
This was our summer to get our man, perfect opportunity and he blew it
Great post!

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

This. Been saying it. We need more depth, a new centre midfielder, better fullbacks and we need a right winger.

Sancho was always unrealistic because of this. So we buy him for 120m, and then what? We go into next season with Lingard, Pereira, Mata on our bench while praying our first eleven don't get injured?

Feed Me

I'm hungry
We need to reach a definitive decision at this one because we need at least 2 other signings and wasting time on this considering the fact it's really well known now we do one deal at time can end up in an absolute disaster come October. Either pay or move on.
We should be looking to make our signings before the new season starts, or risk another shoddy start to a campaign.

kirk buttercup

we do need more than just Sancho. I think this is the problem we are trying to pay in Installments so we can do other Business while Dortmund want the all the fee so they can invest . Sancho alone is not enough but would improve us .

Coxy

This. Been saying it. We need more depth, a new centre midfielder, better fullbacks and we need a right winger.

Sancho was always unrealistic because of this. So we buy him for 120m, and then what? We go into next season with Lingard, Pereira, Mata on our bench while praying our first eleven don't get injured?
Whilst I agree we need more depth - Sancho does add depth still. He benches one of our current first 11. So Greenwood for example is suddenly on the bench = much better depth.

romufc

Whilst I agree we need more depth - Sancho does add depth still. He benches one of our current first 11. So Greenwood for example is suddenly on the bench = much better depth.
Can you imagine having Rashford or Greenwood on the bench yesterday to bring on.

The problem at the moment is that a crap game for Rashford but him having a bad game is still better than Lingard and James.

Status
Not open for further replies.