Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Classical Mechanic

I can compile the best moments of any player, including MOTM performances, that's not difficult at all. Sancho is getting way too much attention, accolades, higher valuation and even popularity than his real level deserves. He is not a must-have for United, definitely not at that price. There are other more critical priorities for the team.
He asked what he was like in big games thus I answered him.

That said, Sancho‘s stats are off the charts, his output is up there with Messi, Mbappe and Neymar in terms of goals and assists per 90 minutes. He isn’t a highlights player. That you suggest he is indicates that you know little about the player.

Mr PG

We will never build a squad like Bayern/ Red-Bull if we keep persisting with this bullshit of paying 100m plus for a single player(midfielder/ Striker yes) but surely not a winger and it's not as if we already don't have plenty of those even though Sancho is better and I'm glad even the Glazers are waking up to it. Pogba for instance is a good player but can anyone argue this was money well spent?

He signed a new contract last season...why? What I cannot accept is looking at a team like Sevilla who have spent a pittance yet beat us in the Europa league by savvy recruitment. We have to learn.

laughtersassassin

We will never build a squad like Bayern/ Red-Bull if we keep persisting with this bullshit of paying 100m plus for a single player(midfielder/ Striker yes) but surely not a winger and it's not as if we already don't have plenty of those even though Sancho is better and I'm glad even the Glazers are waking up to it. Pogba for instance is a good player but can anyone argue this was money well spent?

He signed a new contract last season...why? What I cannot accept is looking at a team like Sevilla who have spent a pittance yet beat us in the Europa league by savvy recruitment. We have to learn.
We spent 80 on Maguire. Sancho for 120 is 10 times a better deal. Not the time to take this stance is it?

We could never build a team the way Bayern do anyway.

120 to have Sancho for 10+ seasons knowing how great he is? No brainer. Better than wasting Money on others

Coops73

We definitely would.

We wouldn't brief that we were still trying for Sancho if we didn't believe we could get him. The fans would go mad if they knew we were wasting time on an unobtainable target whilst not bothering with anyone else. Ole wouldn't be impressed either as i imagine he has a shortlist of other guys he'd like if we geninely can't get Sancho.

We regularly brief when we've cooled our interest - Morata, Griezmann, Dybala etc. I don't recall a time when we've said we're after a player repeatedy and that he's our number one target then not seriously attempted to sign him. Have we ever briefed this much that we're still in for someone before??
1: That’s conjecture
2: I may of missed this but I don’t recall us ever saying we were after Sancho. I don’t recall us ever saying we were after the other players mentioned, yes we may of denied we were but whether we actually were I honestly don’t remember.

Coops73

Don’t agree, Dortmund have a history of this. Before they inevitably end up selling anyway
Inevitably? How can we be sure? They’ve publicly said that he’s staying, surely we can only go by what they’re saying, if they go against that again they’ll look like proper cnuts, which would be great but all we have to go on is what they’ve said and what the press/ITKs etc have speculated, yes some of those have more reputable sources or inside information than others but it’s still speculation.

macheda14

2: I may of missed this but I don’t recall us ever saying we were after Sancho. I don’t recall us ever saying we were after the other players mentioned, yes we may of denied we were but whether we actually were I honestly don’t remember.
We briefed quite strongly that Dybala’s demands were too high.

Joseunited

Inevitably? How can we be sure? They’ve publicly said that he’s staying, surely we can only go by what they’re saying, if they go against that again they’ll look like proper cnuts, which would be great but all we have to go on is what they’ve said and what the press/ITKs etc have speculated, yes some of those have more reputable sources or inside information than others but it’s still speculation.
Is this the same club who said Dembele was going nowhere. Mkhitaryan was going nowhere?If we come in with an offer with a good upfront payment they'll sell.

Coops73

We briefed quite strongly that Dybala’s demands were too high.
If you say so, I don’t remember any press release directly from the club on this just press chat, maybe they were briefed but to say this is actually what happened is just guess work.

Coops73

Is this the same club who said Dembele was going nowhere. Mkhitaryan was going nowhere?If we come in with an offer with a good upfront payment they'll sell.
:rolleyes: You clearly know more than me. Hope you’re right

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Why are people giving up now? There is no indication we have moved on. We will sign him in next few weeks.

macheda14

If you say so, I don’t remember any press release directly from the club on this just press chat, maybe they were briefed but to say this is actually what happened is just guess work.
It’s more than guess work. Very few if any clubs write press releases regarding transfers. But what they do do is brief a certain set of reporters. Obviously you can choose to not believe them, but when a bunch of reporters all come out with the same story and a very detailed account of what took place, well then you can be 99% certain they have been briefed by the club.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
This. Also we aren't linked to anyone else anymore bar Regullion and a window of VDB and himself would be so underwhelming and could easily lead to us stagnating that it is hard to believe the club could be that naïve again.

We have to stay toe to toe with Chelsea at the very least and well we are going to need some good signings to do that.

Why waste all summer in this transfer if it wasn't going to get done?
How long have you been here? If wasting time in transfer windows was an olympic sport we would be winning it every year.and yes i know the olypmic games take place every 4 years. Thats how good we are at it.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
1) When multiple sources report within a few minutes of eachother the same story, then it's pretty obvious that it's come from the club. We never brief directly, we just send stuff out to the press who then report it. We've done this quite a few times, it's plainly obvious when we do it.

2) Again, we've briefed to the press that Sancho is still our number one target and we want to sign him, we've done it a few times now, especially after the 'deadline' passed. Later that same evening, several sources reported that we were still working on a deal and he remains our priority. We did brief to the press about giving up on Dybala due to high wage demands, again several people reported within a few mins of eachother, pretty obvious what we've done. Same with Griezmann when we cooled interest, several people reported it within minutes of eachother. It's how we work and it's how we deny stuff or get stuff posted about quickly.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Yep, they did it with Dembele, Mkhi, Aubamayang etc. Lets bear in mind that Auba and Dembele pushed for a move, but Dortmund clearly came out an said both would not be sold and would be there the following season. I think they were doing the same with Mkhi, until Raiola went mad and started throwing chairs around (if i remember correctly haha)

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
When have I moaned?
You asked what the video said! Thats essentially what it said.

United will lose £4m every empty game at OT. On top of £35m already lost due to covid 19. We have a decent cash reserve BUT if we spunk all that on Sancho, we are taking a risk: if fans don't return to stadiums next season, we could be at our financial limits. Basically the club is trying its best, but there are serious financial constraints. So United fans who keep moaning, are wasting their time and energy .... if club can finance deal, they will, if they can't, they won't .... moaning wont change any of that.

Eplel

United will lose £4m every empty game at OT. On top of £35m already lost due to covid 19. We have a decent cash reserve BUT if we spunk all that on Sancho, we are taking a risk: if fans don't return to stadiums next season, we could be at our financial limits. Basically the club is trying its best, but there are serious financial constraints. So United fans who keep moaning, are wasting their time and energy .... if club can finance deal, they will, if they can't, they won't .... moaning wont change any of that.
Well, if you consider the Glazers and Ed being stingy, a financial constraint, then yes.
But let's not imply that a club valued at well over 1.5B, constantly in the top 3 most marketable football clubs in the past 20 years, is in danger of bankruptcy.

Statue of Limitations

Dortmund is overall I feel a selling club, when they aren't losing players to Bayern for free.

With Covid and its financial implications I think they would be happy to cash in to hedge in case this lack of gate fees and lower TV income continues.

I am not sure what our warchest is, but I think our long term need for a solid RW, Sancho's age and desire to come here and the financial situation overall is a perfect storm for this to actually, realistically happen.

I believe our #7 Jersey would fit him quite well.

True I think we are better served covering multiple positions but the more I think about it I think we do go for it.

Baneofthegame

What about free-spending Chelsea? They were never interested either.
Because they don’t have infinite money? They also already bought Ziyech.

Either way, next year, more people will be trying to sign Sancho if we don’t manage to buy him this year.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Because they don’t have infinite money? They also already bought Ziyech.

Either way, next year, more people will be trying to sign Sancho if we don’t manage to buy him this year.
This theory has been around since ages. What cause this? I mean, is he some sort of hidden gem right now, so he's a bit unknown to big clubs? What change next year? Shouldn't every club will be financially worse than this season because of COVID?

Or is this like that marketing strategy by creating a sense of urgency to push people buying stuff? "last chance, end soon, buy now, don't delay...".

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
But that is exactly what we are unable to do though. We simply just can’t match their asking price, or otherwise he is already ours.

Mr Smith

Name 3 out and out wingers in our squad.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
This theory has been around since ages. What cause this? I mean, is he some sort of hidden gem right now, so he's a bit unknown to big clubs? What change next year? Shouldn't every club will be financially worse than this season because of COVID?

Or is this like that marketing strategy by creating a sense of urgency to push people buying stuff? "last chance, end soon, buy now, don't delay...".
Plenty to be honest. Barca might finally let Messi go and they could be looking for a right sided player ( or dembele could move)

Real hasnt spent big for 2-3 years and they could be looking for a Sancho like player ?

If Mbappe or Neymar leave, PSG is also an option. Now Chelsea, City or even Liverpool are all possible destinations.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Sancho o Sancho, where art thou my dingo?

Sancho o Sancho, whilst i sit here I expect thee to sign tomorrow.

Sancho o my dear Sancho, release thyself from our foe.

Sancho o Sancho, with United into a global superstar thou shalt grow.

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
Sancho o Sancho, where art thou my dingo?

Sancho o Sancho, whilst i sit here I expect thee to sign tomorrow.

Sancho o my dear Sancho, release thyself from our foe.

Sancho o Sancho, with United into a global superstar thou shalt grow.
Slightly RAWKish

Sb_16

Was hoping this would happen today or on Sep 11. Hope's still alive till the end of the month.

NYAS

Does 175 pages of “today is sancho day” and some handbags being thrown around because some people can’t take the ‘pressure’ anymore count as concrete news? Then yes.
What’s your take on this one professor? Gonna happen this summer?

Sereques

“nothing special about Marina” shows that you my friend have got no clue or have not been paying attention. Or both. Probably both.
omg, “asking price will fall”?
You know nothing bruh, Ousmane Dembele wanted to leave, let everybody know, went AWOL and BVB still got 145 mil (which was their asking price) for him.
Marina is probably most well regarded CEO of football clubs, she has been doing these wonderdeals for a while now. Plus she made the wonderdeal with Nike which has another century to run i think :$
Even if you judge her on this window alone, then she has already won this window + i think she is gonna get a GK also.
i think my point is, credit where credit is due and don’t embarrass yourself

Insinuating Marina would have gotten Sancho by now and for less than 108M pounds is you embarrassing yourself. Lampard players were picked for him, Ole picked his own targets. Sancho is a very difficult deal to complete because BVB is not desperate for cash. There is no magic here.

beingshe7don

Insinuating Marina would have gotten Sancho by now and for less than 108M pounds is you embarrassing yourself. Lampard players were picked for him, Ole picked his own targets. Sancho is a very difficult deal to complete because BVB is not desperate for cash. There is no magic here.
You make a good point but the fact that Chelsea were able to get around 6 players and possibly another one is pretty spectacular. It kinda took them one transfer window to pretty much rebuild half their team whereas whenever our management/ board looks to rebuild, they always quote 2 to 3 years which seems like an excuse for the stature of our club. Marina may have not gotten the Sancho deal done but the fact that she was able to wrap up other deals prior to getting the Havertz one done shows that ability to multitask as well as back the manager and provide all the necessary tools to succeed.

Ole needs all the tools to put forth any sort of title challenge. VDB and Sancho are not going to be enough considering we are trying to close the gap between Liverpool, City and now with Chelsea strengthening, we would need to close the gap on them as well and anything beyond 3rd position would be considered a failure for this upcoming season. There are still quite a few good deals to be done like the VDB one.

Bondi77

Could be a big day as it is a Monday.
Could this finally be Sancho day.

dal

It’s all relative my friend. If we paid £100 milllon for Sancho, we would arguably have a forward line which would be worth £400 million in Greenwood, Martial, Sancho, Rashford.

We would have spent circa £150 million to achieve this. We probably wouldn't be going after Sancho if we’d had to buy Rashford and Greenwood.

Hence I think we should pay the £100 million fee even if it is slightly overpriced.

Status
Not open for further replies.