Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

oz insomniac

If anyone needs to understand how objectively awful Woodward and Judge are relating to negotiations for targets like Sancho, realise one simple thing - they started to express interest and negotiating 18 months ago and have got how far?

Yes, they did sign some numpty like names under LVG, but Uncle Joel is also on the purse strings these days, with dividends ruling his thoughts no wonder he is reluctant to do anything. Look at the history of Tampa Bay , terrible for years and then a sudden burst of activity to silence the fans, then back to doing sweet FA. Don’t think there is any comfort in expecting much.

Sereques

You make a good point but the fact that Chelsea were able to get around 6 players and possibly another one is pretty spectacular. It kinda took them one transfer window to pretty much rebuild half their team whereas whenever our management/ board looks to rebuild, they always quote 2 to 3 years which seems like an excuse for the stature of our club. Marina may have not gotten the Sancho deal done but the fact that she was able to wrap up other deals prior to getting the Havertz one done shows that ability to multitask as well as back the manager and provide all the necessary tools to succeed.

Ole needs all the tools to put forth any sort of title challenge. VDB and Sancho are not going to be enough considering we are trying to close the gap between Liverpool, City and now with Chelsea strengthening, we would need to close the gap on them as well and anything beyond 3rd position would be considered a failure for this upcoming season. There are still quite a few good deals to be done like the VDB one.

First, am not in any way supporting the United board, I have no idea what those guys are doing and I don't want to know. When VDB deal was completed, my first question was if VDB was the target, why take so long before making a bid? Dutch league was canceled, the CEO is our ex-player, VDB should have been wrapped before the premier league season ended. What I don't do is compare us to other clubs, the circumstances are different, the targets are different, the finances are different.

A player that wants to move and a club that needs the money is different from a player that wants to move/doesn't mind staying and a club that doesn't want to sell. A club that has a bottomless pit is also different from a club in debt. Like this is not some Marina negotiating skills bringing the players to them. They went for players that are available because they want to change the whole team. Ole on the other hand wants some specific players and Ole is stubborn like SAF. If the players are not available, Ole will move on with what he has.

I'm sure the club knows if Ole is not supported, he won't do well. I told a friend of mine last week if Ole isn't backed and he ended up getting fired because of poor performance, I'm done with football altogether because I can't support another team.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
7th. A whole month later than expected but better late than never. Happy Sancho day.

Womp

idiot
EPL is back in under a week and we are still yet to see a proper update in approaching a month now. Will be something we come to regret for a long time if we don't get this kid signed this window, risking him moving elsewhere next season

In Rainbows

I can compile the best moments of any player, including MOTM performances, that's not difficult at all. Sancho is getting way too much attention, accolades, higher valuation and even popularity than his real level deserves. He is not a must-have for United, definitely not at that price. There are other more critical priorities for the team.
What does Sancho have to do to prove he's worth that much money? I would like to hear this. We're talking about a 20 year old who had his age 18 and 19 seasons btw.

Womp

idiot

Not sure how reliable he is, but some people seem to suggest he knows his stuff. Seems to have worked for United as a scout in the past too, so plausible he may have some connections

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Six weeks out from US election. Indicators for UK (and world) economy tanking/ambiguous. On the other hand, next year could be different ... Small window of opportunity - maybe - for United to show muscle and gain on Dippers/Cheaty. Is that what these owners are thinking?

Meantime, Dortmund hanging tough. I think subconsciously I have avoided watching this lad; if he’s as good as his advocates say, the heartbreak of no-go or he goes to a rival would be too much. If he’s just another talented and promising youngster, then calm the feck down everyone.

Womp

idiot
Six weeks out from US election. Indicators for UK (and world) economy tanking/ambiguous. On the other hand, next year could be different ... Small window of opportunity - maybe - for United to show muscle and gain on Dippers/Cheaty. Is that what these owners are thinking?

Meantime, Dortmund hanging tough. I think subconsciously I have avoided watching this lad; if he’s as good as his advocates say, the heartbreak of no-go or he goes to a rival would be too much. If he’s just another talented and promising youngster, then calm the feck down everyone.
He's the best youngster on the planet if you no longer consider Mbappe a youngster. Has stats bettered only by Messi at the age of 20. Kid is fecking unbelievable for his age. You did well by not getting sucked in, this place will be rough if/when it becomes obvious he is staying at Dortmund.

Gazza

Not sure how reliable he is, but some people seem to suggest he knows his stuff. Seems to have worked for United as a scout in the past too, so plausible he may have some connections
Belongs in the Twitter Muppet thread, mate. No evidence that he is legit whatsoever.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality

He claims to have worked at United, doesn't mean its true (stating something on a twitter bio), although we would like to believe him.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"

You tell us

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Another wanna be.

Just reads the papers and puts a fancy spin on it. Funny how he's now decided this is a "decisive week" after more reputable journalists said it first earlier :lol:

No evidence the guy even worked for the club either.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Another wanna be.

Just reads the papers and puts a fancy spin on it. Funny how he's now decided this is a "decisive week" after more reputable journalists said it first earlier :lol:

No evidence the guy even worked for the club either.
His picture is so generic too, has anyone reverse google searched it?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His picture is so generic too, has anyone reverse google searched it?
I've had a look and it couldn't find anything.

Anyways he claims to be a scout from like 10+ years ago, how would he have any idea what's happening inside our board/transfer committee now?

Anybody talking like they know what's happening day to day inside the club is full of shite.

WPMUFC

It is the day of reckoning.....until the next reckoning tomorrow :devil: :devil:

Happy Sancho Day into infinity :devil:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Throwing out a pixelated hug for all those believing this deal will happen, before the hope consumes you.

Enjoy, you poor lost souls.

Eplel

Status
Not open for further replies.