Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

WPMUFC

Well, if the club has briefed the press which will mean two things from club's perspective
  1. We cannot blame the player or greedy middle man anymore for the deal not going through
  2. We believe that we can pressurize Dortmund into selling. Because now if we come up with a bid of 120 and they reject, then everyone would know that they are keeping an unhappy player for no good reason
  3. We are confident of the deal happening
  4. We know that it would be a PR disaster if after all this hype we still don't get Sancho.
I have been supporting united for a very long time. And I have never seen media being briefed so much and in so much detail about a single player. Either its the fact that we live in this world of, we can't hide anything so embrace it, or we believe that this is the way forward for tackling a stubborn club
My hope: Sancho was waiting on Bonus Payment to kick in, he got the payment, we have leaked terms being agreed, he will now submit a transfer request and brief he has asked to leave, MUFC "officially" bid 120m euros (likely installments), BVB release a statement blaming Sancho for being greedy, WELCOME TO MUFC JADON SANCHO!!1 :devil:

Giggsy13

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Sancho is as close to a guaranteed success as a young level as you can have. 2nd to only Mbappe in young players around the world. He's a player that you just sign if you have the capability of doing it, as he is already at a world class level despite being 20 years old, not to mention being a perfect fit for us.
Mbappe to me when he broke through looked like a kid who was playing almost 5-8 years above his level & was doing it everywhere and every chance he gets. CL matches, Internationals, League Matches.

I want Sancho here because I think he is going to be a great player for us - but I feel like I've missed something. He seems to be this wonder player in the Bundesliga like Mbappe was with a great ability to think and make a decisions like a professional above his age; the lad has performance after performance - but when I see him on some of the CL matches or a International matches he plays he is good however not even remotely as hard to deal with in comparison to what he plays like in the Bundesliga.

I am excited to have him - however the price is a bit much; especially when I dont think many teams would be interested at that price either.

WPMUFC

Dortmund really don’t handle player departures that well do they? They’re small time and will smear Sancho for leaving once the deal goes thru. German bastards.
we also have to recognise that in the Ducker article that MUFC are now briefing there has been a shift from "Sancho is happy to stay and won't push a move if the clubs cannot do a deal" to " Sancho is determined to push through a deal".

We are briefing that Sancho is pushing the move. I think that is huge.

Womp

idiot
Mbappe to me when he broke through looked like a kid who was playing almost 5-8 years above his level & was doing it everywhere and every chance he gets. CL matches, Internationals, League Matches.

I want Sancho here because I think he is going to be a great player for us - but I feel like I've missed something. He seems to be this wonder player in the Bundesliga like Mbappe was with a great ability to think and make a decisions like a professional above his age; the lad has performance after performance - but when I see him on some of the CL matches or a International matches he plays he is good however not even remotely as hard to deal with in comparison to what he plays like in the Bundesliga.

I am excited to have him - however the price is a bit much; especially when I dont think many teams would be interested at that price either.
This is simply rewriting history. This consensus that Mbappe was a sure thing, whilst Sancho isn't, is wrong. Mbappe has been a let down in big games in the CL too. Was poor against us when we knocked them out, was poor against Bayern etc. Sancho and Mbappe are young and learning the game, they aren't going to dominate teams on their own consistently.

With Sancho you're paying for a player who has ridiculous, consistent output, for such a young player. A player who is probably only bettered by Mbappe in regards to young talents. A player who offers many years of service potentially and someone extremely marketable.

He'd be worth every cent imo. He's not a talent, he's genuinely already one of the best forwards in the game who will only get better.

WPMUFC

Prediction: MUFC make an "official" (notice to shift in wording "unofficial/official" by Romano and SKy Sports etc) bid to BVB and Sancho leaks that he has made a transfer request to BVB.

I think the only way this deal does not happen is if BVB outright refuse any deal just off merit. Which i cannot see them doing.

ReallyUSA

Dortmund really don’t handle player departures that well do they? They’re small time and will smear Sancho for leaving once the deal goes thru. German bastards.
Did the same to Mhki too. For all the hipster and lovable underdog love they get, the board sure do act like pricks sometimes.

alexthelion

I don’t believe they are truthful but a brief doesn’t buy you time, there’s clearly been a breakthrough and frankly if it’s not the purchase price so it must be the personal terms and agent fees.

That much is clear. Likewise believing every word a journo in Italy says on an English player moving from the German league to the premier league is naive.
Or Sancho got his bonus for being there a year and playing for England.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Absolutely. If this transfer is happening now, they will definitely make it look like Sancho forced it. Given he hasn't thrown tantrum like Dembele, probably Dortmund won't vilify him as much. Let's see.

WPMUFC

Absolutely. If this transfer is happening now, they will definitely make it look like Sancho forced it. Given he hasn't thrown tantrum like Dembele, probably Dortmund won't vilify him as much. Let's see.
MUFC actually told ducker that Sancho is forcing it, i genuinely don't know in what universe that we don't hear in the next update that "Sancho has submitted a transfer request". How could we brief Ducker on that level of info and just nothing happens for the rest of the window? Could BVB refuse on merit? Absolutely, it's not impossible, but how confident are we that we actually told a journalist to print "Sancho is pushing the deal"

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
Not once did I say he was 'shite'. I said Overhyped. He's certainly not shite. Is nuance not allowed anymore?

The Everton digs are weird. I mean people can call them shit. I don't care. It's a good attitude to have.

Isn't there an Everton forum you can take this to?

croadyman

So is there renewed confidence that Jadon will now be willing to push for this move over next few days

WPMUFC

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Not fair to judge a player for how they play for England, Southgate has absolutely 0 tactical sense or ideas for how to build any fluid side and picked 3 defensive midfielders the other day. In the CL I thought Sancho was very good for the most part, looked his normal dangerous self and nothing to suggest its some bundesliga only thing with him. He's just a terrific talent who is already a brilliant player, and space to grow. Creates loads of chances and goals and can score plenty himself. My worry is we miss out on him this year and he goes to Liverpool or something next year and we regret out decision to haggle over a few million for the next 7/8 years as he's tearing it up for them. He's a generational talent without a shadow of a doubt, and one that slots in perfectly into a position we've neglected for the best part of the last 10 years.

DeeDee7

Don't want to be too optimistic. But i will argue the point that "Dortmund don't need to sell" this window is rather weak. If anything there is alot to gain, selling this window enables them to cash in and begin their next profit player project. If anything holding on is "bad business" under their model. And delays things. Just sayin

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Don't want to be too optimistic. But i will argue the point that "Dortmund don't need to sell" this window is rather weak. If anything there is alot to gain, selling this window enables them to cash in and begin their next profit player project. If anything holding on is "bad business" under their model. And delays things. Just sayin
Did not see it coming, but I see it the same way now.
Dortmund simply have to sell Sancho. This is just a tricky question of the right price for both parties.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

If he were as good as mbappe, maybe he would cost around the same at PSG paid for him?

Tarrou

I actually think the price Dortmund reportedly want is quite reasonable

City paid £40m for Ake, whose club just got relegated. Some lower PL clubs are paying £30m for players I've never heard of.

Sancho is playing for a team in the UCL, has three years left on his contract and is 20 years old and coming off the back of two great seasons

He already has 5m Instagram followers, so the marketing potential is pretty big too

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
You don't deserve to watch and enjoy his talent at United.
He is going to be most expensive EPL player ever so is going to have to get used to being analysed on his every performance: I know I will and i have high expectations.

If you want to declare yourself already as a protective fanboy, I’d save your typing fingers, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to use them after he is signed!

drmuji

My hope: Sancho was waiting on Bonus Payment to kick in, he got the payment, we have leaked terms being agreed, he will now submit a transfer request and brief he has asked to leave, MUFC "officially" bid 120m euros (likely installments), BVB release a statement blaming Sancho for being greedy, WELCOME TO MUFC JADON SANCHO!!1 :devil:
I am literally seeing the video of this story play in my head. The face of that twat, Zorc, when he says Sancho has asked to leave. Would be priceless

Mr PG

You are so right but so many muppets here have been convinced by the media Sancho will be our saviour. Same happened with Pogba when every other club balked at 89m for him in a midfield position. Both Chelsea and city have deeper pockets and could have gotten him if they really felt he was value for money (and don't fall for that ruse that Guardiola was just upset that he left). 100m in today's price should be for a top striker not winger. I believe United is playing along to appease the fans but have no intention of paying that much. Ole always said he would spend the money like it was his and Sancho has never really had much impact for England has he? He's a good player but it says a lot that he's often rotated with Rashford meaning with Rashford, Greenwood and Martial this is not an urgent position for us....we can afford to loan a player like Perisic similar to bayern while we shop around/wait for the right opportunity.

SATA

The German league fans have been very quiet ever since the briefs broke out. Admitting defeat and hiding or still sticking to their beliefs?

Gasolin

You are so right but so many muppets here have been convinced by the media Sancho will be our saviour. Same happened with Pogba when every other club balked at 89m for him in a midfield position. Both Chelsea and city have deeper pockets and could have gotten him if they really felt he was value for money (and don't fall for that ruse that Guardiola was just upset that he left). 100m in today's price should be for a top striker not winger. I believe United is playing along to appease the fans but have no intention of paying that much. Ole always said he would spend the money like it was his and Sancho has never really had much impact for England has he? He's a good player but it says a lot that he's often rotated with Rashford meaning with Rashford, Greenwood and Martial this is not an urgent position for us....we can afford to loan a player like Perisic similar to bayern while we shop around/wait for the right opportunity.
Rotation... please, when we are running out of ideas, we need a Sancho to blast the opposition offense, and right now, James and Igdaho are not able to offer that consistently. They could, but we want one more option, one that will scare a lot of teams. So it's either Sancho on for Greenwood or Greenwood on for Sancho, but we need something. And we need that situation to be all over the pitch. That's why VdB on for Bruno or Pogba is critical too.

Mr PG

You're out of your mind if you think the Glazers will pay 100m in this pandemic without fans or even knowing if the league could be cancelled due to coronavirus. Don't forget in america the virus has been rampant so they know what could happen in england. In addition, I doubt Sancho worth that much. even Chelsea didn't go for him and he belongs in London.

Gasolin

The German league fans have been very quiet ever since the briefs broke out. Admitting defeat and hiding or still sticking to their beliefs?
I don't think they care unless there is a signature. Then... I want to have a discussion with them.

CG1010

If he were as good as mbappe, maybe he would cost around the same at PSG paid for him?
The only reason why this forum compares him to Mbappe is his scoring and assist record in the last two seasons. Sancho doesn't have the explosive pace that Mbappe has and we really need to refrain the comparison, else we are setting up the lad for failure. The way I see it, he is around similar level to current Rashford and Martial (or probably a bit better) but also younger by 3 years so has a higher ceiling. And he has some complementary skills to them in terms of being better at dribbling and ability to play on the right.

Gasolin

You're out of your mind if you think the Glazers will pay 100m in this pandemic without fans or even knowing if the league could be cancelled due to coronavirus. Don't forget in america the virus has been rampant so they know what could happen in england. In addition, I doubt Sancho worth that much. even Chelsea didn't go for him and he belongs in London.
I don't have a doubt that Sancho is the #1 priority and that is how Ole sees him. So yes, he's the priority. We've been aware of his price all along, and we have negotiated it down hopefully.
Didn't Chelsea pay 100m EUR for Havertz? Havertz, Sancho... it's the same story.

Noooo, they handle departures with class :nervous:
That was actually the most ridiculously small time behavior I've ever seen from a so-called 'big club'.

What an utterly pathetic official statement. Did Zorc write that himself while fighting back tears? Can't wait for the Sancho exit post if he signs.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Maybe marking down each post and preparing a comeback in case the deal falls through.

Status
Not open for further replies.